Pokemon: The Lost Arcology - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Default Re: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Karina mulled it over. "It makes sense. Maybe that person didn't call themselves Omega at all, but the name was remembered." She petted Kreuger's head and looked around the room at everyone else. "What do you all think?" She asked. "Jonathon? Sir? What do you know about Omega?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Behind you, with a knife. (When you looked I hid behind your desk.)

'Well, I've been thinking that Omega was an organisation, a group of twisted people AND pokemon intent on some form of..." Cohen trailed off. Swampy nodded in agreement.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Eli was rather confused with the route the conversation was taking, but decided to chip in anyway.

"I'd say it was a human, maybe a group of humans like Cohen said. I can't see why any pokemon would dare angering three legendaries by itself, that kind of stupidity is normally the work of humans."

Claire, clearly uninterested with the conversation, had retreated to Eli's lower back and was lazily messing with his hair while buzzing a simple tune, her equivalent of humming, while occasionally casting glances around the room, more interested with the various pokemon present that the other humans.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Savage Rain!

"The legend goes that the Omega of Caliginis was once a goddess of its own universe, similar to how Arceus created and rules this one. The Omega pokemon's own universe ended, and it went mad. It began traveling, and ending other universes, but Arceus stopped it when the Omega challenged Arceus directly. The Omega still lives, but it's surely sealed away, because we wouldn't be here if it wasn't." Paulo said.

Zerxeis was sniffing around the other pokemon. She was bored, though, and wanted to run around and battle.

Paulo's vision began to change at the edges. "This isn't good. Before we even begin.." he thought.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 17th October 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Cohen was puzzled. He had never known of any pokemon doing anything bad before, so he drew out his notepad. "So, how is this pokemon depicted?" He asked, ready for a quick sketch.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OOC: I'm liking the debate and world-building . Keep it up! And sorry for the delay!

Jonathan lips quirked with an infuriatingly mysterious smile. "It seems you've all put a lot of thought into this." He straightened, pulling something from the cabinet, and shut it, returning to his seat. "Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I even now what Omega is myself. My ancestors certainly had my theories, but even they had nothing definite. But now, to business."

The grey-haired man leaned forward, bending over a coffee table. He carefully placed six crystalline spheres on the table, each roughly ten centimeters across and tinted with a different color. Together on the table, they glimmered with a faint light, reflecting on Jonathan's face. "These are the Prime keystones." Jonathan looked at each of them, grinning. "I'd tell you their purpose, but why don't you give me more guesses? You seem like a bright group."

Leon bent closer, a bit entranced by the light of the keystones. Raising an eyebrow, he hazarded a guess. "They... unlock things? We'll need them to access the other Arcologies?"

Savage Rain!

"The Omega was said to have two forms; One that was seen by the many, and one only by its highest servants, the Paura. The Paura were supposedly the children of the Omega, those that it made like itself somehow. The commonly seen form was said to be a head with eyes covering it, with one central eye just above a huge toothed mouth, with colors of rotting flesh. The true form, as it was called, was so beautiful that all who saw at once believed that it was a god." Paulo responded to Cohen.

His senses were becoming more and more distorted. Paulo was now seeing all those around him as monstrous things, made of pulsing flesh that stank as if it was rancid. Their shapes were sick mockeries of what they had been seen as before, and their voices were nearly impossible to understand. He knew that all of this was a hallucination, but it never failed to disturb him when it happened.

The stones on the table appeared to be covered in a coating of slime. The one thing that made his hallucinations bearable was that inanimate objects were rarely as twisted as organic things. Paulo stared at the stones and said nothing.

Karina kept a tight hold on Kreuger in case he mistook the stones for gems that he could eat. "Maybe... we'll need them to enlist the help of the other guardians?" She tilted her head to the side examining the stones more closely. "Where did these come from? I've never seen rocks or gems like this. And believe me, I know rocks." She added a bit cheekily, more at ease now that everyone seemed to be getting along. "Is there something special about what they're made of? Do they react to something in the environment, like evolution stones?" Now that her curiosity had been aroused, Karina as firing off questions about the stones.

Blog Entries

Leon's face was blank, mind numbing slightly as Karina shot off questions rapid-fire. Truth be told, he was a goal-oriented person. Let others bother with the 'why's and 'how's; all that mattered to him was getting the job done right. Preferably with no one hurt and in as spectacular a way as possible. Turning to Karina as she finished speaking, he said with mild awe, "You're a really curious person, aren't you?"

Jonathan laughed. "Indeed." Gesturing broadly over the six stones, he continued, "You're right, these are no natural gems or stones. The keystones are completely artificial--created at the same time as the arcologies themselves. I dare say they're the oldest things in the room, myself included." Though he winked with his little joke, Jonathan's voice and face grew more somber. "Out on the surface, these stones are nothing more than pretty trinkets. But here, within the arcologies--they are everything."

He sank back in his seat, posture suddenly weary. "Take one of them, all of you."

Leon bent forward. Looking closer at them, it became apparent that they weren't truly spheres; rather, they were shaped with dozens of facets, much like a gem would. As he drew nearer, the glow in the spheres--one red, one blue, one yellow, one green, one orange, and one purple--intensified. Shrugging, he picked the stone shining blue, weighing it in his hands. It was surprisingly dense, and cool to the touch.

Cohen picked up the yellow one.

"It feels strange, like it is ready to shock me to death if I tinker with it..." He said
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Savage Rain!

Paulo reached for the red stone. It felt warm, but combined with his twisted senses it felt like a slimy, very fresh piece of meat. His Growlithe came over, and looked at the rock. She thought it might be a Fire Stone.

Paulo tried not to let his discomfort show. He was the only one that knew about his condition.

Karina grinned a little sheepishly at Leon's question. "Yeah, I guess. It's just... This is my thing, you know? It's what I really love."

She leaned forward to take a stone, but before she could, Kreuger leaped out of her arms and snatched up the green one. "Kreuger, no! You can't eat that!"

Kreuger scampered around, making his cackling little cry, then set about examining the stone. Much to his disappointment, he quickly realized that it wasn't a natural gem that he could eat. He made a face resembling an apologetic grin and hopped over to drop the stone in Karina's lap. She sighed and patted him on the head. "Behave. This is serious." She admonished him.

Eli reached over and picked up the purple stone stone, to his surprise the stone barely weighed anything, and just holding it sent a chill up his spine. Claire popped her head over his shoulder, cooing in an interested manner as she ran her antennae over the stone. After letting Claire have a feel of it he placed the stone in his lap, uneagre to touch ti with his skin.

(Couldn't figure out if it was meant to be Poison or ghost, so I went with ghost. If i'm wrong correct me.)

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

"So, what exactly do we do with them?" Cohen asked.
    Swampy hopped over to the gem, sniffed it and started to Mud-Slap it.
    "Stop, Swampy! It's an inanimate object!"
    Swampy glared at the gem as Cohen put it in his pocket.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Blog Entries

OOC: Sorry for the delay; wall of exposition coming up!

Jonathan nodded in approval at the five, each with a keystone in hand. "Well, you've all felt their power, haven't you? The keystones are imbued with elemental power, drawn from the raw might of the Legendary Pokemon themselves." He picked up the last keystone, glowing orange, and gazed into its depths. "Back, before Omega, there was a legend about the super ancient Pokemon of Hoenn: Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. It was said that each was associated with an orb of wondrous power, and would come when that orb's power was invoked."

Jonathan tore his gaze away from the keystone, and shrugged. "Whether the legend is true or not, I don't know. But the architects thought it was worth pursing, and somehow captured the essence of the Legendaries in these crystals. As far as I am aware, Omega's rampage was able to awaken nearly all of the Legendary Pokemon."

The Guardian pointed at Paulo. "That is the Prime Fire Keystone, imbued with Reshiram's power." He turned to Leon next. "That is the Water Keystone, blessed by Kyogre." He looked at Cohen, Karina, and Eli in turn. "The yellow is the Prime Electric Keystone, blessed by Zekrom; green is clearly Grass, taken from Shaymin; and the purple is Ghost, from Giratina." Jonathan sighed. "This last one is Ground, charged with Groudon's power, though it seems Rose isn't here to carry it yet." He placed the last, unclaimed keystone on the table.

"Now, there are purportedly fourteen keystones in total--there were no Poison Legendaries, to the builders' knowledge, while Arceus was nowhere to be found, making a Normal Keystone impossible. Lastly, none of the Guardians know where the Dragon Keystone is, or if it even exists." He grimaced, and rubbed his jaw. "Though no one's heard from the Tenth Arcology's Guardian in years... Regardless, these keystones are one of the primary safeguards of the arcologies. You were right Leon--a keystone is needed to gain access to the other arcologies. Teron was lucky to receive five of the fourteen; their inventor was my ancestor, and settled here. The rest of the arcologies have one each. Just as I guarded these five, the other Guardians watch their arcology's keystone."

Jonathan paused, allowing the information to sink in. Leon was wordless, slightly awed at the power in his hand. Blessed by Kyogre itself? Wow...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast