Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

@Hadesiro, @Valentine_Rose, @Nytie, @Jaylebyrd

Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

The World:

Rules:

Players:

The light of the artificial dawn rose over Teron Village, as the people of the arcology slowly began to stir and prepare for the day.

In his family's home, Leon Sideris was wide awake, gathering his things, checking his spare supplies in his pack. Today was the day, the first day of the Great Journey. The elders were trusting him and four others to journey to the depths of Teron, and make contact with the nine fabled lost arcologies. Thinking these things, he snorted. Such a grand quest ahead of them...

With that, he said farewell to his parents, gathered his Axew in his arms, and began making his way to the Guardian's home.

OOC: Sorry for the delays everyone...
    Last edited by Renewal; 26th October 2011 at 02:28 AM.

Savage Rain!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Paulo had gathered his belongings the night before. His adoptive parents had given him a case full of TMs to take with him, but they had been unable to find a Fire Stone. "I just hope I don't ruin everything with one of my little sense-twist flashes." he thought as he left the house, Zerxeis following him.
    Last edited by Hadesiro; 10th October 2011 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Before she left her home, Karina triple-checked that she had packed everything she would need, just to make sure that her scatterbrain tendencies hadn't gotten the better of her. Kreuger scampered excitedly around her, eager to start out on their adventure. She grinned and patted his smooth head. "Wonder what we'll find, buddy?" She asked. Satisfied that everything was packed up, Karina slung her pack over her shoulder and grabbed her Explorer Kit, saying a quick goodbye to her parents and grandparents on her way out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Post Thanks / Like

Pausing at the top of the hill Eli gazed out into the distance, his goggles shielding his eyes from the rising sun as he looked down on Teron Village.

When word of the Great Journey had been sent down to the Mathers family Eli had been the one chosen to go, being in the middle of his own personal journey he was unattached and had a fairly strong Pokemon in his Vibrava, Claire.

Speaking of Claire the dragonfly Pokemon was close behind him, scuttling towards him after having wandered off to hunt something to eat. With a short buzz of her wings she launched herself upwards onto Eli's back, resting her head on Eli's shoulder and letting out a content buzz as he scratched between her antennae.

Eli was rather worried about the upcoming journey. While he was used to travelling nobody from his family had ever left the Arcology before, it was a completely new territory for him, and with how much he depended on his knowledge of his surroundings this was a bad thing.

Still no sense worrying overly much, he had a duty, he had a destination and he had travelling partners, so overall this was an improvement from the norm. Focusing on these positive thoughts he gave Claire a last scratch and set off down the hill.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Though the ultimate security of Teron rested on his shoulders, with all the secrets, duties, and expectations that entailed, Jonathan Oak was a surprisingly cheerful and optimistic man. In the past, Leon had doubted that such as he could possibly be the Guardian of Teron. Of course, the recordings his parents had shown him of the Energy Crisis forty years ago had more than corrected him. For all his smiles and easy laughter, Jonathan Oak could be devastatingly savage in battle.

So, it was with more than a little trepidation that Leon approached the door of the Guardian's large home. And of course, just to skew his perception of the man further, the graying Jonathan opened the door with a smile before he had even knocked. "Come in, come in!" Winking, Jonathan stepped away from the doorway, waving him in. "There's some things I need to discuss with all of you."
    Last edited by Renewal; 10th October 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Savage Rain!
    Post Thanks / Like

Paulo had arrived, and entered the Guardian's house, Zerxeis behind him. She was a strong Growlithe, bred from a champion Arcanine and a Smeargle owned by Paulo's adoptive parents. Zerxeis barked. She could smell a tough battle up ahead, and she wanted to be the first to win.

"So what do you need to discuss? Will we have to battle you, one by one?"

Post Thanks / Like

Karina glanced around before following the other boy - Leon, his name was? - into Jonathan Oak's home. "Is this everyone?" She asked. "I thought there was going to be a few more people."

She was starting to feel more than a little nervous about going on the Great Journey, as it seemed to be called. She really didn't know the other teens accompanying her, and she was having a hard time paying attention to Jonathon's words. Her difficulty concentrating wasn't helped by the fact that she was having to keep an eye on Kreuger, to make sure he didn't start trying to dig around in Jonathon's home in search of valuables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jonathan shook his head. "We're still waiting on three more: Rose, Cohen, and Eli. We'll have to wait for them, but let me assure you, Paulo, it won't be anything quite so difficult." He led the three into a comfortable living room, settling himself into a well-worn armchair. "Please, sit. Now, while we wait for the others, tell me about yourselves. I've seen you about the town before, but I'm afraid I've never met any of you. I must commend your bravery for volunteering for the Great Journey."

Leon answered first. "I guess... I'm just sick of this place." He gazed directly into the Guardian's eyes. "I'm sick of nothing ever changing. I'm sick of seeing the same thing every day." He looked away, suddenly the least bit ashamed. "It's not that I love my family and my home, but... I don't know..."

Post Thanks / Like

Kreuger hopped up into Karina's lap, and she hugged him close. "I want to help people." She spoke up. "And to be able to do that... and go on an adventure like this..." She smiled despite her nerves. "It's so exciting! I want to see what kind of things I can find in the other Arcologies, since they're different. We might even meet someone with the technology to revive Fossils!" Her voice squeaked with excitement on the last part, and she hid her face, blushing.

Post Thanks / Like

Eli stood before the door nervously, the signs he had followed indicated that this was the right house and the presence of people talking inside seemed to indicate that he was late. Coughing nervously he approached the door, Claire humming comfortingly from his shoulder, where she still lounged. Giving a final check that he had the right house he knocked before entering to join the others.

"Erm sorry that I'm late, I got caught down on floor 2 last night."Shufflign awkwardly he quickly strode over to take a seat over by Jonathan and Karina, Claire clinging to the back of the chair with her head still elant over his shoulder, where she curiously looked at the rooms other occupants. He turned to face the others, "I'm Eli Mathers, and this is Claire, my Vibrava." At the mention of her name Claire let out a loud trill of greeting before continuing her inspection of the others.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Behind you, with a knife. (When you looked I hid behind your desk.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Cohen woke up to the beeping sound of his alarm clock, just before Swampy was about to use Mud Slap. Cohen checked the time. "11:08. Crap."

Cohen ran out of his house, Swampy following quickly behind, and swerved into the house without even checking the number. He KNEW this town.

He ran straight into the living room, crashing into a boy a bit older than him. "Sorry I'm late," he said, brushing himself off. "I'm Cohen, and this is Swampy."

He brushed himself off, and found a seat near Leo.
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jonathan smiled at the newcomers. "Welcome you two," he greeted. "I suppose since all the volunteers but Rose are here, we'll start. You can introduce yourselves to the others later."

The old man rose, walking over to a small cabinet behind him. "I'm afraid as the years have passed, the prestige of the Guardianship has faded quite a bit here in Teron. There's not much expected of me anymore. Tell me: what do you know of the being called Omega?" As he addressed the five, he fumbled about within cabinet's drawer, searching for something.

Savage Rain!
    Post Thanks / Like

"Some people say the Omega was a human that incited Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre to fight against each other. I believe that they are wrong, and that the Omega was a pokemon." Paulo said. "The legends of my people, the Caligin, state that there was a pokemon that they called the Omega and worshipped as a goddess until their rebellion. It was the enemy of Arceus, and in a titanic battle around 500 years before mankind entered the arcologies the two god-pokemon fought a war, with the result being the victory of Arceus. Due to the Omega's power and similarity to it, Arceus was unable to destroy the its foe and instead sealed it under the city of Caliginis, and proceeded to eliminate most of the Caligin Empire that had arisen with the Omega's help. The few survivors were the ancestors of people like me."

"Finally, I think that Arceus wanted the world to be rebuilt by Rayquaza and the others because the Omega, the reason for her escape unknown, had done something so horrible that the planet needed to be reborn. The Omega almost certainly still exists, but is most likely sealed away again. As for Arceus, it probably is resting from the battle."

Paulo finished. This was the result of his studies on his condition, which had then led to Caliginis and the Omega.

Post Thanks / Like

Karina spoke up again. "I don't want to start an argument, but I... I believe that Omega was a human. A really terrible, insane human, but nothing more than that." She frowned thoughtfully. "That's the theory that makes the most sense to me. If Omega was a Pokemon, then my family-" She broke off and looked away.

Karina had to close her eyes and take a deep breath before continuing. "I think that some of my ancestors belonged to Team Magma. I don't have any hard evidence, but I'm almost certain. I've heard that Omega was inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua to summon Rayquayza, Groudon, and Kyogre. If Omega was a Pokemon, then my family wouldn't have passed down the stories about Team Magma and Team Aqua inspiring the destruction. That's what I think."

She looked over at Paulo. "If there was a legendary Pokemon called Omega, that legend could have inspired the person who called himself Omega also."

Savage Rain!
    Post Thanks / Like

"Or maybe... That misguided person freed the actual Omega pokemon. It would take incredible power to lift a seal imposed by Arceus, though. But possibly it had been getting weaker over the years, and the Omega-goddess stronger until the point it wouldn't take that much to free it. Anyway, the world is still in existence, so that means the Omega failed in that goal." Paulo said, considering what Karina said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast