6,000 years ago, Arceus, the Creator God, came into existence out of pure will. He promptly created our planet and its inhabitants- a myriad of species known as Pokemon. To govern these Pokemon, he created certain species of which there was only one member; these species, known as legendary Pokemon, were frighteningly powerful. He had them govern the Pokemon planet, and then he disappeared, distancing himself from the rest of the world forever so that his power could not be abused.
Though the legendary Pokemon were numerous, they combined their powers to rule the world with justice, fairness, and peace. Crime was nearly nonexistent, and everything prospered. This golden age lasted for 1,000 years.
However, about 5,000 years ago, they all inexplicably vanished. Not a single one was left, and the world was thrown into chaos. No messiah appeared, and no Legendary Pokemon was ever seen again.
However, they had left an artifact behind, which they hid, only to be found by someone worthy to wield its powers for justice. It was a sphere, about two feet in diameter, made of rock, but most interestingly, it glowed intensely bright-- it almost looked like a little sun. Containing the power of every single legendary Pokemon aside from Arceus, its powers were immense. It wielded Jirachi's ability to grant wishes, Mewtwo's ability to manipulate minds, Dialga's power over time, Kyogre's, Groudon's, and Rayquaza's abilities over weather, and many more. The Pokemon feared its discovery, and only hoped it would bring the Legendaries back...
Or so the legend goes.
Skip to present time, and this artifact has been found by a wise, ancient Alakazam. Many Pokemon looked up to him, and so relief and joy filled the land when it was he who found it. He instantly rose to the throne, and, with the artifact, which he named the Legendary Orb, ruled the world, and the peaceful, prosperous time of the Legendaries returned.
At least, it did for a year or two.
Soon, though, he went mad with power, and began using Mewtwo's contribution to the orb to take control of some of the weaker-minded Pokemon in the world to spread his influence, his goal being total dictatorship, in which all Pokemon existed to serve him and nothing more.
Most Pokemon are fearful of him, and too frightened to do anything about it. However, you are part of a leaderless rebel group, trying to stop him.
1) You must use proper grammar.
2) You agree to make your posts as descriptive as possible, but without overdoing it- it becomes pretentious if you use too much description or if you use an overly bombastic vocabulary.
3) No godmodding. Straight up. Ever. I HATE GODMODDING
4) No bunnying, meaning you can't control someone else's character without their permission.
5) No double posting, spamming, etc... all typical internet forum rules apply.
6) You can't be fully evolved unless you're a Pokemon that doesn't evolve in the first place like Farfetch'd. You can be a half evolved Pokemon like Marshtomp though. (You can be Mudkip or Marshtomp, but not Swampert.) If you want to evolve mid-RP, that's fine.
7) You can sign up for up to two characters.
8) You cannot be a generation V Pokemon, as their gibberish names make no sense to most of us.
9) No antisocial characters. This is kind of a personal pet peeve. You can have your characters be ominous, but please, please, PLEASE make them capable of developing friendships... I've seen countless roleplays stop dead in their tracks because someone had a character that inexplicably hated everyone. And none of that "s/he had a dark past" crap. No matter how dark someone's past is, they're still capable of human interaction unless they're completely psychopathic. And nobody likes a psychopath. Don't pretend you do because it's not true, even if you listen to screamo all of the time.
Species of Pokemon:
Notice that I left out a personality section. We do not need a personality section... personalities will develop in the roleplay! Also, you ARE allowed to be Alakazam. First come, first serve: I'll accept the first satisfactory Alakazam sign-up I see, and that person will have a secure position.
Like most Vibrava, Dominic tends to surprise others upon revealing that he is Dragon type, and not Bug type. With two antennae protruding from above its giant, expressive, emerald-green eyes, a segmented body, two pairs of wings, and a pair of very scrawny legs that strongly resemble the legs of a common insect, he is more appalled as a bug than revered as a dragon. His two pairs of wings, which form almost perfect geometric diamonds, match the emerald-green shade of his eyes. Another smaller pair of similarly-shaped wings on his tail shares this color, which contrasts the light tan of his body. Compared to other Vibrava, he's a bit scrawny.
Dominic used to be a student of the Alakazam who had taken over the Pokemon world, but he abandoned the Alakazam as soon as the vicious tyrant used the Legendary Orb to acquire ultimate power. This caused quite a bit of consternation in Dominic's mind, as he had always known the Alakazam as one of the best Pokemon he knew--prior to Alakazam's rise to power, Dominic was a very good friend of his, always taking careful notes of what the Alakazam did. In addition to being a student under the tutelage of the Alakazam, they were close personal friends, which made Dominic even more upset.
Dominic joined the rebel group not to kill Alakazam, but to make him realize that he was truly good at heart--maybe, Dominic figured, Alakazam would be transformed into his old self if he saw his old friend fighting for the opposite--the right--cause. Since joining the group, Dominic has been one of the most charismatic and devoted members.
Volatin as Dominic the Vibrava
Renewal as Nathaniel the Kirlia
Renewal as Seth the Gabite
Little Dragoness as Alexander/Dictator Alakazam
pentacarbonyl as Umbriel the Absol
Super Six Four as a Kirlia