Pokemon: Legendary Corruption

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Legendary Corruption

Default Pokemon: Legendary Corruption

-PLOT-
    6,000 years ago, Arceus, the Creator God, came into existence out of pure will. He promptly created our planet and its inhabitants- a myriad of species known as Pokemon. To govern these Pokemon, he created certain species of which there was only one member; these species, known as legendary Pokemon, were frighteningly powerful. He had them govern the Pokemon planet, and then he disappeared, distancing himself from the rest of the world forever so that his power could not be abused.

Though the legendary Pokemon were numerous, they combined their powers to rule the world with justice, fairness, and peace. Crime was nearly nonexistent, and everything prospered. This golden age lasted for 1,000 years.

However, about 5,000 years ago, they all inexplicably vanished. Not a single one was left, and the world was thrown into chaos. No messiah appeared, and no Legendary Pokemon was ever seen again.

However, they had left an artifact behind, which they hid, only to be found by someone worthy to wield its powers for justice. It was a sphere, about two feet in diameter, made of rock, but most interestingly, it glowed intensely bright-- it almost looked like a little sun. Containing the power of every single legendary Pokemon aside from Arceus, its powers were immense. It wielded Jirachi's ability to grant wishes, Mewtwo's ability to manipulate minds, Dialga's power over time, Kyogre's, Groudon's, and Rayquaza's abilities over weather, and many more. The Pokemon feared its discovery, and only hoped it would bring the Legendaries back...

Or so the legend goes.

Skip to present time, and this artifact has been found by a wise, ancient Alakazam. Many Pokemon looked up to him, and so relief and joy filled the land when it was he who found it. He instantly rose to the throne, and, with the artifact, which he named the Legendary Orb, ruled the world, and the peaceful, prosperous time of the Legendaries returned.

At least, it did for a year or two.

Soon, though, he went mad with power, and began using Mewtwo's contribution to the orb to take control of some of the weaker-minded Pokemon in the world to spread his influence, his goal being total dictatorship, in which all Pokemon existed to serve him and nothing more.

Most Pokemon are fearful of him, and too frightened to do anything about it. However, you are part of a leaderless rebel group, trying to stop him.

-RULES-
    1) You must use proper grammar.
    2) You agree to make your posts as descriptive as possible, but without overdoing it- it becomes pretentious if you use too much description or if you use an overly bombastic vocabulary.
    3) No godmodding. Straight up. Ever. I HATE GODMODDING
    4) No bunnying, meaning you can't control someone else's character without their permission.
    5) No double posting, spamming, etc... all typical internet forum rules apply.
    6) You can't be fully evolved unless you're a Pokemon that doesn't evolve in the first place like Farfetch'd. You can be a half evolved Pokemon like Marshtomp though. (You can be Mudkip or Marshtomp, but not Swampert.) If you want to evolve mid-RP, that's fine.
    7) You can sign up for up to two characters.
    8) You cannot be a generation V Pokemon, as their gibberish names make no sense to most of us.
    9) No antisocial characters. This is kind of a personal pet peeve. You can have your characters be ominous, but please, please, PLEASE make them capable of developing friendships... I've seen countless roleplays stop dead in their tracks because someone had a character that inexplicably hated everyone. And none of that "s/he had a dark past" crap. No matter how dark someone's past is, they're still capable of human interaction unless they're completely psychopathic. And nobody likes a psychopath. Don't pretend you do because it's not true, even if you listen to screamo all of the time.

-SIGN-UP FORM-
    Name:
    Species of Pokemon:
    Physical Description:
    History:
    Other:

Notice that I left out a personality section. We do not need a personality section... personalities will develop in the roleplay! Also, you ARE allowed to be Alakazam. First come, first serve: I'll accept the first satisfactory Alakazam sign-up I see, and that person will have a secure position.

-MY SIGN-UP-
    Name: Dominic

Species: Vibrava

Physical Description:
    Like most Vibrava, Dominic tends to surprise others upon revealing that he is Dragon type, and not Bug type. With two antennae protruding from above its giant, expressive, emerald-green eyes, a segmented body, two pairs of wings, and a pair of very scrawny legs that strongly resemble the legs of a common insect, he is more appalled as a bug than revered as a dragon. His two pairs of wings, which form almost perfect geometric diamonds, match the emerald-green shade of his eyes. Another smaller pair of similarly-shaped wings on his tail shares this color, which contrasts the light tan of his body. Compared to other Vibrava, he's a bit scrawny.

History:
    Dominic used to be a student of the Alakazam who had taken over the Pokemon world, but he abandoned the Alakazam as soon as the vicious tyrant used the Legendary Orb to acquire ultimate power. This caused quite a bit of consternation in Dominic's mind, as he had always known the Alakazam as one of the best Pokemon he knew--prior to Alakazam's rise to power, Dominic was a very good friend of his, always taking careful notes of what the Alakazam did. In addition to being a student under the tutelage of the Alakazam, they were close personal friends, which made Dominic even more upset.

Dominic joined the rebel group not to kill Alakazam, but to make him realize that he was truly good at heart--maybe, Dominic figured, Alakazam would be transformed into his old self if he saw his old friend fighting for the opposite--the right--cause. Since joining the group, Dominic has been one of the most charismatic and devoted members.

Other: N/A

-RESERVED/ACCEPTED LIST-

Accepted:
    Volatin as Dominic the Vibrava
    Renewal as Nathaniel the Kirlia
    Renewal as Seth the Gabite
    Little Dragoness as Alexander/Dictator Alakazam
    pentacarbonyl as Umbriel the Absol

Reserved:
    Super Six Four as a Kirlia
    Last edited by Volatin; 14th November 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Protecting myself from petefiles and petebears or whatever their called.

Default Re: Pokemon: Legendary Corruption

Name:Sparky
    Species of Pokemon:Pikachu
    Physical Description:Yellow with pointy ears with black tips, Yellow on his cheeks that shoot electric, A lightning bolt shaped tail that has brown at the beginning.
    History:When he was little he was playing with his friends when he fell into a fast river and was swept away ending up in the middle of nowhere.

Blog Entries

Name: Star Cloud
    Species of Pokemon: Milotic
    Physical Description: A shiny milotic. She has a lighter colored body than most milotic. Her tail's fan is yellow with pink spots. On her tail, she has yellow and pink colored sections. Her eyes are light blue with pink antennae. The eyebrows are light blue.
    History: ugliest shiny feebas in the world but evolved to be the most beautiful shiny milotic in the world. She went unconscious and woke up to be shiny. From that day on, she acted more vain. Other Milotic got annoyed and attacked her everytime she talked about herself. She got abandoned by other milotic and left.
    Other:
    Last edited by I liek mudkipz; 15th November 2010 at 06:21 PM.

I'm not sure if I can accept any of these... I'd like to see at least a paragraph for both description and history, as well as the use of proper grammar. Thank you.

Blog Entries

awww that means i cant use bytterfree, oh well.

name: Lynch
    Species of Pokemon: Pidgey
    Physical description: He looks nothing like other pidgeys. His wings are a leaf green color, with his talons being red. The light spot on his body is blue, while the rest is a bright orange.
    History: Lynch, when an egg, was actually hit by a missed Psybeam, thus resulting in his colors. He has been friendly since, and grew up in a nice family. He has many frineds, but his favorite thing to do is fly.
    Other: none
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

This sign-up is still kind of weak... I'll have to post my sign-up to show you what I'm looking for. Sorry for not doing that in the first place.

Name: Dominic

Species: Vibrava

Physical Description:
    Like most Vibrava, Dominic tends to surprise others upon revealing that he is Dragon type, and not Bug type. With two antennae protruding from above its giant, expressive, emerald-green eyes, a segmented body, two pairs of wings, and a pair of very scrawny legs that strongly resemble the legs of a common insect, he is more appalled as a bug than revered as a dragon. His two pairs of wings, which form almost perfect geometric diamonds, match the emerald-green shade of his eyes. Another smaller pair of similarly-shaped wings on his tail shares this color, which contrasts the light tan of his body. Compared to other Vibrava, he's a bit scrawny.

History:
    Dominic used to be a student of the Alakazam who had taken over the Pokemon world, but he abandoned the Alakazam as soon as the vicious tyrant used the Legendary Orb to acquire ultimate power. This caused quite a bit of consternation in Dominic's mind, as he had always known the Alakazam as one of the best Pokemon he knew--prior to Alakazam's rise to power, Dominic was a very good friend of his, always taking careful notes of what the Alakazam did. In addition to being a student under the tutelage of the Alakazam, they were close personal friends, which made Dominic even more upset.

Dominic joined the rebel group not to kill Alakazam, but to make him realize that he was truly good at heart--maybe, Dominic figured, Alakazam would be transformed into his old self if he saw his old friend fighting for the opposite--the right--cause. Since joining the group, Dominic has been one of the most charismatic and devoted members.

If you guys can't write sign-ups like this, I can't accept you because I have no reason to believe that you have the skill and devotion to be in this roleplay. =/

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Nathaniel
    Species of Pokemon: Kirlia
    Physical Description: A fairly average Kirlia, if slightly bulkier than normal. Being a Kirlia, his appearance tends toward the feminine, with a slim white body and green legs. Long green hair covers most of his face, exposing only his intense red eyes, common to all the Ralts line.
    History: As a Ralts, Nathaniel was meek, as typical among his species. He was the oldest of the young Ralts in his family, and so despite his timidity, he adopted a somewhat protective streak. Being a Psychic type, he and his family all sensed the rise of the Alakazam, and the enormous wave of power he used through the Orb to begin his tyrannical reign. The sheer trauma drove his weaker siblings mad, but strengthened himself and his parents, themselves both fully evolved Gardevoir and well versed in other Psychic abilities. This event caused his evolution into a Kirlia, as well as motivating his family to join the resistance, both to fight and slowly rehabilitate his siblings.

Now evolved, he is much more driven, and protective of anyone who he meets and knows to have suffered under the Alakazam. Because of the damage suffered by his siblings, his parents cannot fight, focusing on healing their children; fortunately, their work is almost done, though they are still weak and vulnerable. Simultaneously hating the raw mental power used by the Alakazam, and recognizing that it is only evil when misused, he favors more physical application of Psychic moves over mental attacks. This preference, as well as his now-strengthened urge to protect, leads to his secondary motivation: evolving into a Gallade instead of a Gardevoir, and becoming the strongest warrior he can be.

Is this good enough?

Hooray!

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Accepted.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then I have another application. I don't typically make this kind of character, but it seems interesting:

Name: Seth
    Species of Pokemon: Gabite
    Physical Description: A strong, powerful Gabite. Like his species' evolved form, Garchomp, his build is strong and solid, with muscled legs and a powerful, if short, tail; however, his arms are much weaker, although still seem formidable with their claws. He is armored in light blue scales, and a few imposing spikes, as well as the aerodynamic fins recognizable to all of Gible's evolutionary line.
    History: Unlike many others in the resistance, Seth fights against the Alakazam not out of some sense of virtue or anti-tyrannical stance, but to regain some of the glory lost by his race. After the disappearance of the Legendaries, the Dragon Pokemon that remained, among the most powerful Pokemon, if rarer than most, maintained some sort of glory and dominance--a pseudo-legendary status. Yet the rise of the Alakazam displaced what standing they held through fear and awe. Mainly ignored while the Alakazam ruled benevolently, they were among the first to rally any sort of opposition when he went mad--and were dealt with appropriately, falling to the unstoppable power of Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Seth, as an heir to this fallen line, seeks vengeance and a chance to establish power for the Dragons once more, driven by the stories of the past and his own proud, unbending nature. However, learning from both the mistakes that his ancestors and the Alakazam made in treating 'lesser' Pokemon, he is perfectly willing to follow orders and make and actual friendships--so long as the Dragons are never again forgotten.

Formerly Little_Dragoness Chrona's Avatar

Hmm...I shall attempt the Challenge of Alakazam!

Name: Alexander, aka: Dictator Alakazam
    Species of Pokemon: Alakazam
    Age: No one is entirely sure, the accepted guesses are in the hundreds or thousands.

Physical Description: From far away, Alexander appears to be like every other Alakazam: he has a narrow face, complete with regal mustache, and sharp, observing eyes. He has thin, lithe build, strong-looking hands, and two silver spoons. Up close, however, the effects of the Legendary Orb are obvious: his eyes have an element of paranoia, bordering on insanity, and his mustache is frazzled and unkempt from being untended to for so long. His body seems more muscular, but in an unnatural, almost broken way. His once-tall posture has become slouched, and his hands are knarled from so many weeks of gripping the spoons and Orb that are the keys to his power. The only part of him that remains the same are his treasured spoons, obsessively polished to perfection.

History: Alexander was once a normal Alakazam; he taught young pokemon about anything and everything, treasured the gift of life and friendship. Overall, he lived a simple, happy life, and everything was normal, until the fall of the Legendaries.

He found the mystical Orb, and assumed his role as a benevolent ruler. He worked hard to fill the lands with kindness and any relief needed. Unfortunately, no one saw how the power of the Legendary orb was slowly eroding his mind. Every day, he lost a little more of himself to the powerful object; the combined powers of the strongest pokemon in the world were far too great to be controlled by a pokemon even a little weaker than Arceus, and so they overwhelmed him. As his sanity slipped, so did his sense of justice and the difference between right and wrong. He began quickly tightening his grip on the the lands, even going so far as to eliminate any opposition. His once-even temper quickly shrunk, and he began his dictatorship, now ruling the pokemon with fear and scorn. Now the only things he treasures are his spoons and the Legendary Orb's safety.

I don't know how to deal with you reading my signature...

You know you want to know what they're for.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatin View Post
    If you guys can't write sign-ups like this, I can't accept you because I have no reason to believe that you have the skill and devotion to be in this roleplay. =/
    Brother, I think I like it. I've got another RP I should be typing up a signup for, so I could take a day or two. You plan to start between now and then?

Also, I had already planned on using a Kirlia before I noticed someone else had already claimed one. You give a shit if I have a second?

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Seth the Gabite's sign-up
    Ooh, I like this sign-up a lot, especially the unique history. Accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dragoness View Post
    Sign-up for Alexander/ Dictator Alakazam
    Also very nice. :D You're an excellent writer. Accepted.

On a related topic, I LOVE the name Alexander for Dictator Alakazam!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Six Four View Post
    Brother, I think I like it. I've got another RP I should be typing up a signup for, so I could take a day or two. You plan to start between now and then?

Also, I had already planned on using a Kirlia before I noticed someone else had already claimed one. You give a shit if I have a second?
    Go ahead and use a Kirlia :P

As for your first question, it depends on how many people sign up. I seriously doubt that it'll be up in a day or two, though.

Name: Jenny
    Species of Pokemon: Poochyena
    Physical Description: Smaller and more slender than most Poochyena, Jenny was usually overlooked in her pack, despite her status. However, she does have longer fangs than other Poochyena. Her fur is a darker shade of black and grey than on others of her specie.
    History: Jenny was the daughter of the pack leader. She was bold and proud, often getting into trouble. With the rise of Alakazam, Jenny's pack became paranoid. A group of dark-types would be first on the mad dictator's hit list, they figured. The pack was always on the move, trying to avoid detection. Jenny disagreed with this. They, the proud, take-no-crap-from-anyone dark type, should be the first to stand up and fight! She tried to get the pack to see her way, but they refused, fear ruling them. She pressed the issue, until the pack saw her as a threat to their safety, and kicked her out. Feeling betrayed, she joined the rebellion, to prove she could make a difference, and help bring peace to the torn world.
    Last edited by meganusaur; 14th November 2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Is this better?

Blog Entries

Name: Umbriel
    Species of Pokemon: Absol
    Physical Description: Umbriel superficially looks like any other Absol with a feline face and sickle-like head-crest. But on closer examination, he is a little, well fatter than a normal Absol. Oddly enough, his eyes, instead of being ruby-red are a brilliant ice-blue. The symbol on his forehead is extremely dark in color - a jet black instead of a smoky grey. He also wears a small ruby necklace - a heirloom passed down to him from his father
    History: Umbriel lived a relatively normal of an Absol. While he was not exactly popular with Psychic-types, no one had ever tried to kill him because of it. All that changed when Alakazam had become corrupted by the power of the Legendary Orb. He returned home after a long expedition only to find his family had been slaughtered by Alakazam. With his dying breath, his father told him one thing: "Stop him". And so, Umbriel embarks on his quest for justice with only his treasured ruby necklace as a memento of the things he lost.

-----------------

I may decide to do another sign up (a Machoke) later.

One question, is there any technology of sorts? And how is the society in this RP?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

meganusaur: What you have here is a good start, but could you elaborate on it a bit more? It's a bit too short for my liking. I need to make sure that posts won't suffer from a loss of quality due to laziness.

Pentacarbonyl: Your sign-up is a bit on the short side, but in your case, I feel like concision works. Accepted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast