Pokemon Journey: Kanto *Start-Up*

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Journey: Kanto *Start-Up*

We are Assassins MrGameandPichu's Avatar

Default Pokemon Journey: Kanto *Start-Up*

Discussion: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f430/pokemon-journey-kanto-discussion-126838/

The sun is up and shining bright over the region of Kanto. It's around 11:00 am and just about the time Professor Oak should be handing out Pokemon to the new trainers. It's generally a normal day. It has been around a month since the last reported Team Rocket incident so the worry is starting to simmer.

Everyone should head to Oak's lab. Get you pokemon and begin getting to know each others characters. You can start heading out of town as soon as you want.
    Last edited by MrGameandPichu; 14th February 2012 at 09:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Journey: Kanto *Start-Up*

After a long and somewhat boring flight from Ecruteak City; a plane had arrived near Pallet Town. A young boy about 12 years old exiteded and he was quite excited to start his journey as a trainer. He was about 4'9" and he had a fairly slender build. The boy also had a fair skin tone, green eyes, and blond hair styled in a bit of a fauxhawk. He wore a pair of brown cargo shorts and a red, white, and black plaid short sleeved unbuttoned shirt over a white tshirt. He also wore a pair of red, white, and black sneakers.

The boy sighed in relief when he got off the plane, not really a fan of flying due to a bit of a fear of heights, plus the turbulance made him anxious "Whew...So glad to be on dry land again!" the boy, Justin Gaines said. Once he made his way off the airport grounds after calming down, he looked ahead to the road to Pallet Town. "Man this is gonna be so awesome! My first journey ever! Watch out world cause I'm here and ready to party!" he said to himself, quite excitedly.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Nathan waved goodbye to his parents from the window of the Magnet Train he was currently sitting on. He had been waiting for this day for a very long time, finally getting hte chance to go on a Pokemon journey! He watched as the train slowly pulled out of the station, and the surrounding landscpaes begin to move faster and faster pass the window. The ride from Goldenrod City wasn't supposed to take very long, there was only a couple of stops inbetween and, the train was destined for terminus at Saffron City anyway. Nathan looked on anxiously as the train speed across the coastline, crossing the border from Johto into Kanto. An announcement then played on the intercom, "We will be arriving in Pallet Town shortly, please do not forget any of your belongings and have a nice day," Nathan looked out the window again and saw that the train began to slow, signaling their arrival. He picked up the bag on the seat next to him and made his way to the door.

The train stopped at a station much smaller than the one in Goldenrod, and Nathan stepped off, making his way to the exit. Pallet Town itself was much, much smaller than what he was used to in Goldenrod and Nathan could practically see the entire town standing at the edge of the station. He saw the familiar wind mill and its accompanying building on a hill presiding over the rest of the town, that of course being the world famous Oak Labratory. Nathan made his way through the town, then began the trek up the hill to the Lab....
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

We are Assassins MrGameandPichu's Avatar

The day was looking bright for Logan. He woke up early and finished packing. He obviously won't need to go farther than just down the street to get his Pokemon however he wanted to be ready to go on his journey right away. He finished eating his breakfast at around 9 and then took a shower. When he got out he quickly dried off and got dressed. He tied his shoes, zipped up his hoodie, put on his gloves, and slapped on his watch. He couldn't be more ready. He made sure that he had all he needed in his bag. Most importantly he made sure he had his Pokegear. His dad bought him the Pokegear when he was traveling in the Johto region. It quickly became on of Logan's favorite things and he would never leave home without it.

He ran downstairs at around 10:15. His mom was throwing together some sandwiches for the road.
    "Hey Mom!" Logan said as he walked by her in the kitchen.
    "Hi honey, you heading out soon?" She asked.
    "Yeah, I don't want to keep my future Pokemon waiting." Logan jokingly replied.
    "Ok, but you just make sure you stop by here before you head on your way, your father and I want to properly say goodbye and also meet your Pokemon." She reminded him.
    "Yeah definitely, and I'm also gonna need those sandwiches." Logan pointed out.

He then hugged his mom and ran out of the house. It was still a little too early to head to Oak's Lab however he couldn't wait. So he decided to go up there anyway and see if he could meet any of the other trainers.

Axl

Alice sighed, careful to keep her hood up as she bent down to tie her shoes. Pallet down was small compared to the hustle and bustle of Hearthome. There was hardly anyone in the streets compared to the crowds in Hearthome City. She missed the smells of the bakeries, the clapping of feet to pavement. On the bright side, it was so calm, so peaceful. For once she could hear her own thoughts. A nice change of pace.

"Let's see," she mumbled, unfolding a map and looking around the street. "Down there should be the champion's home. If I follow the road, it'll lead me to the gardens, and up the hill should be the professor's labratory.

Pausing she folded the map back up and placed it into her bag. She looked at the small, black bracelet upon her wrist and gave a slight smile that was unable to be seen from underneath the shade of her hood.

"I can do this," she whispered, shifting the bracelet into a more comfortable position as all thoughts wandered back to home. Looking up, she gazed towards the hill as her feet began to scuffle down the street. It wouldn't be long before her journey truly began.
    Just so you know, I am the epic ninja master...
    of failure! Sometime's I fail to fail ^.^'

I support Faithshipping!

Blog Entries

Justin walked down the road to Pallet Town, whistling the Kanto gym intense action music to himself. He seemed quite pumped up to start his journey as a trainer. He wasn't sure what Pokemon he's like to be his first, his partner; though more importantly, his best friend. "Man I can't believe I'm gonna get to meet THE Professor Oak and get my first Pokemon! This is beyond awesome." he said, now seeing the entrance to the town ahead of him. "There it is...Pallet Town."

Blog Entries

Ciel walked down Route 1 carrying a black umbrella which he used to shield himself from the bright sunlight. "Such bright weather is so annoying." He whined. He passed several wurmple which were feeding on leaves and two Pydgey which were fighting over an Oran Berry. He saw several Murkrow and Vulaby and that were feeding on an that were hunting for there Pokemon prey. Ciel then walked through the town gate in which he stared at the fields of houses which he stared at with a bored expression. "So quiet, It's almost like Lavender Town only without the constant lamenting over pokemon and Ghost pokemon wandering about." He thought aloud. Ciel then pulled out a town map which he scanned for Prof Oak's lab. He then walked over to it entering the door after closing his Umbrella.

Patrice woke up unaware of the alarm clock that had been buzzing for two hours straight. She sat up in bed, relaxed until suddenly she noticed the beeping of the alarm clock.
    "Wha! I'm late! I NEED to look perfect!"
    Patrice began frantically running around her room getting ready and then dashed down the stairs, almost knocking her dad over.
    "Hey there! What's the hurry? You don't have to be at the lab for another 30 minutes!" He said.
    "Dad! You don't understand! I HAVE to look perfect!" Patrice bellowed.
    "Oh, I don't understand? Believe it or not, I was 13 once too." He replied
    "I'm wasting time arguing! I need to get ready!" She yelled, and then continued running down the stairs. As she looked out the window she already saw a couple kids standing around the lab. Patrice screamed and ran to grab her backpack.
    "Honey! You need to eat something!" Her mom called. Patrice groaned and grabbed an apple as she put her shoes on. Then she waved goodbye to her parents, opened the door and walked over to the lab.
    Yay Cyndaquil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Raine had been staring continually staring out the window for the past hour, brushing her bright, auburn hair, her mind not really focused on much anything. As the sun just began to peek out form behind the mountaintops, she realized this. Why am I not asleep? Raine thought. Less than a second had passed before she remembered that the day she would start her Pokémon journey had finally come. She was smiling to herself and daydreaming about becoming the world's greatest Pokémon Master when her pet Vulpix, Amber, wandered into her bedroom and snuggled up against her, looking upset. Raine stroked Amber's silky, auburn-colored fur. "I'm sorry you can't come with me..." Raine sighed. "I really wish you could, Amber. I'll call the house as often as I can, though, okay?" Amber licked Raine's hand. The two smiled at each other. Just then, she heard the grandfather clock in the living room chime nine deep, low, soothing . "Oh no!" Raine gasped. "I need to get ready! I can't be late to Professor Oak's lab, or I might not be able to get my starter!"

Dashing into the closet, she felt around, grabbing a sky blue top and a pair of jeans. Then, she ran to her bureau, where she had laid out a pair of black fingerless gloves, which she quickly put on. Then, pulling on a navy zip-up sweatshirt, she turned to Amber and said, "How do I look?" The Vulpix looked up. "Vulpix-Vul..." Amber said in a broken voice. Raine frowned, then walked towards and hugged her. "Please don't cry..." she said. "I'm going to miss you too, but like I said, I'll call as often as I can." Valerie licked Raine's hand again. It was then that Raine smelled hotcakes cooking on the stove. "Smells like Mum's cooking breakfast," she remarked and cautiously felt her way to the kitchen.

Amber followed her. "Hey, Mum," Raine greeted her mother. "Good morning, Raine! My, you're up early." Her mother smiled and handed her a plate of buttered pancakes. "Yep. I couldn't sleep knowing that today I'd be starting my Pokemon journey!" she said, lifting the food to her mouth, and remembering the restless night before.. Once she felt full, Raine stood up and made her way to the door. "Forgetting something?" her mother asked, holding up Raine's denim messenger bag. Raine turned, but couldn't see what she was holding up, or even see her mother for that matter. Her mother walked over and hung the bag over Raine's shoulder. "Good luck out there. I know you'll do great." "Thanks, Mom." Raine said, stepping outside. Amber followed her out. And so, Raine started off down the dirt roads of Pallet Town. "Make us proud!" her mother called from the front porch. This was accompanied by a quiet cry of "Vul-pix..."

Meanwhile...

A young man, no older then fourteen, was peering into the Pokemon Research Lab's window. The slight breeze ruffled his long brown hair, and his attention turned to the three Pokeballs laying upon a lab table. "Could it be?" he thought to himself. Looking closer, he could make out the Pokemon inside the balls. "Rare Pokemon...."

Registered User MostlyAffectionate's Avatar

Lysander was very put off to find himself awake before the sun came up. He had his precious nephew to blame for this, who had chosen to not sleep at all the previous night, and found himself unable to bear excitement alone any longer. It must've been truly unbearable, to have chosen to wake the irritable seventeen year old, when any other day the kid would've rather put his hand in a blender. Still, despite all attempts to chase the brat out of his room, Lysander still found himself conscious at five in the morning, sitting across from Soren and watching the younger teen downing yet another cup of coffee. "We don't have to be at the lab for another seven. Hours." Lysander had pointed out through clenched teeth, "Is there a reason we can't spend that time sleeping?"

Apparently there wasn't, as Soren simply launched himself into a tangent on how excited he was, all the places the could go, whether or not they'd challenge the league, maybe they'd run into Oscar, and hey, we've never been to Cinnabar, let's go there. They boy didn't stop talking for some time, pausing only to yawn or take another few gulps of coffee. Lysander took advantage of Soren's babbling to doze.

Apparently Soren had taken pity on him, and he didn't come to for another few hours. When he woke up his nephew was still sitting at the table, doodling pictures of Pokemon, and the sound of sizzling bacon was audible from the kitchen. Mmm... Spoink... "G'morning mom," he muttered into the table, not bothering to lift his head. Sleeping at the table had left his back screaming in agony, even if it had only been a few hours. Soren would definitely pay for this eventually. In the meantime he allowed himself to be fed by his mother for what would be the last time for at least a few months. She explained that she had work, and wouldn't be able to go with them to the lab, but that she might try and find a way to meet them in Saffron, perhaps, if she could get some time off.

She left shortly after that, giving the two a teary goodbye and assuring them that if things got too difficult or dangerous, they could come straight home, and that she'd find away to come get them wherever they ended up. Left alone with Soren (who by now had come to his senses and was leaving his uncle alone completely) Lysander tried to figure out how to feel about what was happening. He supposed he should be excited, maybe a little sad, this was what he wanted, after all, even if he didn't tell anyone. Still, among the mix of feelings that were leaving him sick, he could only identify one. A heavy weight of dread settling in the pit of his stomach. It was confusing, but he wrote it off as an unfortunate side effect of having to deal with people today.

Shortly after ten he and the other boy set out for the lab, Soren seeming to bounce with every step, barely containing his excitement and anticipation. Lysander did his best to ignore everything, glaring out at empty space as they walked, a deep frown etched onto his face. Not many people tended to look so unhappy when they got their first Pokemon. Lysander was just special like that, wasn't he?

The duo didn't take long to get to the lab, just about any resident of Pallet knew the way there from any point in town. From his house, Lysander probably could've found his way here blindfolded. There were already people gathered around the outside of the laboratory when they arrived. Some faces they recognized, others were new, which wasn't altogether unexpected. Oak was giving away about twenty five starters today, after all.

Soren suddenly spoke up for the first time since that morning, yellow eyes glancing up at his taller uncle. "So, make sure you don't kill anybody today, alright?" he asked, before taking a quick step to the side, a precaution in case Lysander tried to punch the boy in the face. He didn't.

"I'll be on my best behavior, mom."
    .... ?

Axl

Alice looked up at the lab on top of the hill. Gathering her courage, she walked up to the lab and knocked on the door.

"Come in." a warm voice called.

Alice walked in, hood still over her head as an older gentle man smiled at her from the doorway.

"Ah, you must be Alice," he greeted. "I'm Professor Oak. Rowan sent word you like to arive early."

"The less people here the less I have to socialize," she responded, void of emotion in her voice. This clearly took him by surprise, but he shook it off and smiled.

"Very well," he laughed. "I have several Pokemon here for you and the other new trainers that are coming in, so why don't you go ahead." Alice nodded in response, scanning over the table and giving a small chuckle as she picked up a small Pokeball with a blue sphere with whirl patterns on the button.

"I choose you," she laughed, releasing the small blue Pokemon.

"Ri-olu?" it asked, looking up at Alice. Alice smiled, rubbing its head with a warm giggle.

"I'll call you Light." she told him, recieving a nod and a polite return of his name. Alice recalled him to his Pokeball and turned to the professor. "He's adorable."

"I'm glad you like him. An oddly curious one, he is." Oak replied. Reaching over to the table, he picked up a small device and some Pokeballs and handed them to the girl, who was careful to keep her hood down. "Here's a Pokedex to store the information on any Pokemon you come across, and a few Pokeballs to get you started on your journey."

Alice smiled, "Thanks," she said, placing the objects in her bag before running out with a wave to begin her journey on Route 1.

Blog Entries

Ciel straightens his top hat and brushes his bangs out of his eyes. Ciel is to nervous to go up alone to Prof Oak and is hoping another trainer will come so that he can pick a pokemon and not have to deal with any achward conversation with Prof Oak

Blog Entries

Justin had finally reached Professor Oaks lab; pondering what he'd choose. He walked up to the building, noticing it was starting to crowd with new trainers. He walked in the lab soon. "Hello? Professor Oak?" he called out as he wandered in

Patrice began walking towards the hill, trying to look as normal as possible. Suddenly, a flustered girl came running by her.
    "Hello to you too." Patrice said sarcastically. As she neared the lab, she noticed a teenage boy with a top hat, she walked by and headed for the lab.
    Yay Cyndaquil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

When Nathan got to the top of the hill, he found the labratory and some trainers waiting outside. "Maybe they've already got their Pokemon" he thought to himself as he entered the lab. When Nathan entered, he found that there were trainers inside too, a girl and two boys, one of then wearing a top hat. "Thats a little odd...." he thought again to himself. He figured the others were waiting for Pokemon as well or at least looking for Professor Oak, so he decided to follow them further into the lab.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast