Pokemon Johto Journeys (Part 1)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Johto Journeys (Part 1)

Default Pokemon Johto Journeys (Part 1)

Gold woke up, got out of bed, got dressed and went downstairs. He quickly ate his breakfast which his mom had already made foor him. Then he ran out the door to Professor Elm's Lab. He knew which starter to pick. It was Cyndaquil the Fire Mouse Pokemon. He wanted to get to the lab first because it was come first serve. He opened the door and quickly walked in. "Hello Gold" said Prof. Elm "I thought you would be here to get a Pokemon." "Yeah" Gold said "Can I have Cyndaquil?" "Sure" said Prof. Elm taking Cyndaquil's Pokeball off the table on which they were layed out on. "Wait here for the other trainers to arrive so you can start your journey with them."

OOC:We will each find two other people to start a journey with.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Johto Journeys (Part 1)

Wood clashed with a solid 'thwack'.

Kara jumped back, a sly grin crossing her features as her brother lunged. Suddenly ducking under his practice sword, slamming the hilt of it into his stomach. He stumbled, the wind knocked out of him - Only to trip over her foot as she kicked out, planting him on the ground.

Resting her own foot on his chest, she hoisted her wooden sword up in the air in a conqueror's pose. A cool morning breeze toyed with the young woman's shoulder length strawberry blonde locks, causing her to shiver slightly as it chilled the thin sheen of sweat. Moving off of Derrick after a moment, extending a hand to help her older brother up. "Good sparring match, huh?" she acknowledged, leaning on her practice weapon as the tip dug into the ground.

The other green eyed youth chuckled, nodding. "You've definitely improved since last time I was home. Ready to set out, though?"

Kara nodded in return, before moving to go pick up her backpack and resting the wooden sword against the wall of the house. "Yep. Got everything I need," the young woman added, adjusting the straps over her somewhat bare shoulders. Although the plain white tanktop was far from decorative, it was clear she had spent some time preparing. Patting the uppermost right pocket of her brown cargo pants, checking to see if she'd remembered to buy pokeballs, she moved back to where her brother stood.

A somewhat nostalgic smile crossed his tanned features, before clapping her on the shoulder. "Good luck, then, Kara. Be sure to call when you stop for the night," Derrick said, winking at his sister before turning to walk off.

Judging from the sun's place in the sky, it was nearly seven when she arrived at Elm's lab. Long grass rustled as she jogged through it, tugging at the knees of her pants with every step. Still, Kara wasn't the least bit phased, cutting back onto the tamped dirt path. Slowing to a walk as she neared the building, before tucking her short hair behind an ear and knocking.

Elm wasn't surprised that she'd shown up, having been expecting her last year. "Glad to see you come, Kara," the Professor said, motioning her inside. "Already decide on a starter?"

She nodded, though now smiling. "Mmmhmm - I'd like to adopt a sentret," the potential trainer said confidently as they walked, earning the middle aged Professor's brow arching.

"You're sure?"

"Why not? A trainer is only as good as their pokemon, and vice versa. The challenge only makes that even more true," Kara shrugged, unswayed.

Elm chuckled, before opening the door to where the pokemon were kept. "Well, if you're so set on it, then more power to you. With that will power, you'll conquer anything and everything that comes at you."

It wasn't but a minute later that the normal-type's pokeball was handed to her, the smooth and spherical device cool to the touch. Excitement bubbling up within the trainer, eager to meet her new partner.

A fresh and growing community.

Library
    [Blogged listing of collected works that are posted on the Gardens.]

Registered User Raven's Replica's Avatar

Carter didn't sleep a wink that night. Today was the day that he'd get his own Pokemon, and he was extremely excited about it. The scurffy-haired boy stood in front of his house, as his mother and father stared him down one last time.

"When you can, please come home for a visit, dear," his mother spoke softly, trying not to cry over her son's leaving of home.

Carter nodded, giving his mom a small smile, "Yes, Momma. When I'm in the area, I'll come home. And when I get a fly Hidden Machine, I'll come home once a week. I promise."

"Good," his father nodded, sternly, "Call us daily, alright?"

"Yessir," he grinned, before looking off into the distance, "See you, guys!"

With a last wave, Carter departed from his father and mother, jogging off towards the lab. Grass and dirt crunched under his feet, as he raced towards the place where he'd begin his own journey. He swung open the doors to the lab and grinned at the professor. He nodded to the boy and girl also in the lab, as well.

"Ah, Carter is it?" the professor asked, staring the young man down.

"That's me, man!" Carter grinned, winking proudly, "The one and only!"

"I'm sure there's more Carter's than just you." At this, Carter facefaulted.

"Heheh... Right..." Carter chuckled, after standing back up.

"So," Professor Elm continued, "what Pokemon will you be taking?"

"I've thought about it for a week," Carter explained, "I want a Hoothoot!"

"A Hoothoot?" Elm paused, "That's unorthodox for a starting Pokemon, but why not?" The professor handed the excitable boy one Pokeball.

"Alright, see ya--"

"Hold it," Professor Elm stopped the boy, "We're still waiting for other trainers."

Carter chuckled, nervously, "Yeah, I knew that."

Blog Entries

While waiting on other trainees, Kara rolled the smooth pokeball between her palms as she sat on the floor, her eagerness only building. Impatient, yeah. But deciding to make use of the wait, get to know her partner. A bright red light flashed as she hit the button, before forming the Scout Pokemon. The tan ferret immediately was up on its tail, only to stop at eye level with the human.

A small smile curved her lips, offering a hand to it. The male twitched an ear, uncertainly tapping his paw into her palm. Once. Twice. Offering a coo of approval after a long moment of indecision, both ears twitching now. Willing to at least try, it seemed. As the small sentret spoke, Kara's mind was already working on something else. "You're a cheerful little guy, aren't you?" the blonde mused, gently stroking behind its ears now. "You need a name. I can't just call you 'sentret' ... How about Alister?" she asked, before chuckling as the pokemon flattened an ear in distaste. "Okay, no. Corin?"

"Sen~!"

Grinning, she nodded in confirmation. "Corin it is, then."

Library

Blog Entries

Silver was awakened by an abrupt knocking on his bedroom door. "Silver........wake up call.........Silver.........wake up call." A voice said from behind his bedroom door. Silver pulled the covers off of himself and looked around. He slept in a small room with hard wood floors and plain white walls. There was a single, eight-pained window over-looking New Bark Town. Silver had a lot of posters of girls and weapons above his bed and the only furniture he had in his room, were his bed and computer desk and chair. The voice from behind the door started to buzz like an alarm clock. Silver walked over and opened the door only to see a smaller version of him on wheels. It was the culprit of the buzzing, and Silver pushed it out of his way, and the buzzing stopped. "Silver-bot, breakfast." Silver said pointing to the his kitchen table. "Yes, sir." replied the smaller version of him. Silver-bot prepared a couple rice crackers, which Silver took his time in eating, since he was in no rush. Silver lived in a small apartment, with his Umbreon, which was always hiding, and Silver-bot. He had other Pokemon, they were just in his PC box. After Silver finished his meal, he grabbed his backpack off of the bench in his main hallway. "Silver-bot, lock up. I'm going out." As Silver stepped outside into the morning daylight of New Bark Town. He looked down at his feet, as always. He didn't know why, but he just had a habit of doing that. Once he arrived at the lab, Silver knocked on the door as a short man with glasses appeared at the doorway. "Oh, hello, Silver. Did you come to get your first Pokemon?" Silver nodded. "Come in!" Proffesor Elm exclaimed. "Which one would you like?" Silver picked up a Pokeball at random. "I'll take this one." he said. Proffesor Elm looked at Silver akwardly. "Caterpie? Well, ok, if you say so. Here is your Pokedex." Silver looked the Pokedex over once or twice, then turned to leave when he saw a girl with fairly short hair, wearing a white tank top and cargo shorts standing behind him. Silver went up to her. "Hello........" he said flashing a devious look in the eye, even though there should have been hearts.

OOC: lol

Blog Entries

(OOC: Haha, nice. Want Silver and Kara to travel together? Oh yeah ... I will have to go in a little while, so I probably won't be able to post again tonight. Sorry.)

As Corin jumped onto her arm, she turned at hearing the voice, standing again. The small sentret bounded over to her shoulder, before sitting down on it, making himself comfortable. His bushy tail rested around her neck like a half-scarf, Corin's brown eyes watching the redheaded trainer curiously.

Kara smiled at the slightly younger boy, still idly scratching behind Corin's ears. "Ah, hello. Already choose your partner?" the young woman asked, making an attempt to be friendly. At least she might have someone to travel with now, since he seemed to be someone active like her, judging from the looks of him.

Library

Blog Entries

OOC: Yeah, they should travel together.
    "Oh yeah. I got a........uh........I think it's a Missingno. or something." Silver said pushing the button on the middle of the Pokeball. Caterpie was sent out and started to slowly make its way up Silver's leg. Silver grabbed it and placed it on the ground. Again it started to climb up Silver's leg. "I have other Pokemon in my PC box. But, I can only access it from the Pokemon Center and the nearest one is in Cherrygrove City. Do you want to come with me to Cherrygrove quickly?" Sliver asked.

OOC:I will travel with FrostyJake and Pokemad if they want to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieBayleef View Post
    OOC: Yeah, they should travel together.
    "Oh yeah. I got a........uh........I think it's a Missingno. or something." Silver said pushing the button on the middle of the Pokeball. Caterpie was sent out and started to slowly make its way up Silver's leg. Silver grabbed it and placed it on the ground. Again it started to climb up Silver's leg. "I have other Pokemon in my PC box. But, I can only access it from the Pokemon Center and the nearest one is in Cherrygrove City. Do you want to come with me to Cherrygrove quickly?" Sliver asked.
    (OOC: All right. That'd be good. ^_^)

Kara chuckled lightly at his bored and half-hearted boast, though a wry smile came to her lips as a caterpie tried to crawl up the gray leg of his jeans. At the mention of other pokemon, though, she nodded. Intrigued. "Sure. I'd be glad to," the young woman agreed, smile softening as Corin began pacing back and forth across her shoulders.

His small paws light, almost weightless. She idly lifted one arm, allowing the young ferret pokemon to get used to her scent. More and more, she was finding him adorable. What was amazing was the punch such a little pokemon could pack - Knowing the harsh truth of it after having watched someone battle with an expertly trained one.

Library

Blog Entries

"Let's get a move on!" Silver said, marching out the door. He looked to the Route. "There's got to be some Pokemon, there, right?" Then, Silver pressed a button and within seconds, Silver-bot was coptering over the two. "Silver-bot, I need data on Route 29."
    Last edited by Sir Red; 11th December 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries

OOC:Won't be able to post till tomorrow,sorry!
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/knight-shadows-stats-86723/
    My URPG Stats

Warm my eggs and feed my Pokemon please!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieBayleef View Post
    "Let's get a move on!" Silver said, marching out the door. He looked to the Route. "There's got to be some Pokemon, there, right?" Then, Silver pressed a button and within seconds, Silver-bot was coptering over the two. "Silver-bot, I need data on Route 29."
    (OOC: Here are theJohto Routes (bottom), just to let you know. ^_^)

The young woman offered a brief wave to Elm as she passed, feeling Corin settle onto the top of her backpack now. His small claws dug into the shoulder of her tanktop, securing a good grip as he looked out at the horizon. Chattering excitedly, knowing what was going on. From here on out, it was them and the road.

Kara smiled slightly at her partner's attempted conversation, wishing she could understand him. But she could at least learn more about him. Flipping open her pokedex, she briefly directed the sensors at Corin, before it beeped with the known facts. The brightly lit screen displayed it easily; from the basic facts to the moves he knew. Further down were a list of all of the possible moves that his species even could learn. An even larger roster than she'd thought, even.

Glancing over at the redheaded boy, well, more of a young man, as his machine began listing of a variety of species. Rattata, hoothoot, sentret, pidgey ... It rattled off five other spoecies that lived in trees, though listed them as more difficult to find. "Quite the informative bot you've got," she commented, nodding towards it.

Library

Blog Entries

"Okay, Silver-bot. I need data on this........long, green thing." Silver said holding out Caterpie. As Silver walked torwards Route 29, Silver-bot chatted about Caterpie's evoulutions, moves and abilities. "Hmmm......it's a bug type." Silver repeated. "I think I'll train it up so it evolves, so it won't be as revolting and cute."

Blog Entries

Kara chuckled at Silver's comment about the caterpie, somewhat surprised he didn't recognize the basic bug pokemon. She could feel Corin watching the redhead over her shoulder, the normal-type's ear twitching. She knew Corin would still be cute when he evolved. But his appearance would be misleading at the same time. "Cute isn't always bad, you know - Sometimes it gives you an edge in battle when people don't take the pokemon seriously," Kara pointed out, smiling wryly in satisfaction as her partner settled down fully on her shoulder.

By now they'd reached the edge of town, wooded area becoming more prominent further out to the sides of the aforementioned route. So they'd officially come to the start of their journey.

Library

Blog Entries

Jake yawned as he looked over at his alarm clock. "Ten 'o clock,wait,I'M LATE!" he shouted,jumping out of bed and getting dressed quickly. As Jake was combing his hair,he picked up the starter request card. "I know which one I want. Totodile!" Jake declared,putting on his hat. Jake ran downstairs,where his mom was getting a little teary eyed. "Jake,I know you'll do good on your journey. Please don't be reckless." his mother smiled. Jake nodded,and got a bowl of cereal. "I really wanted Cyndaquil,but since he's popular,I'm going for Totodile" Jake told his mom,finishing his breakfast. He grabbed his scarf,then began his journey.

Jake arrived at the door to the lab. "Alright then,let's knock" Jake told himself,knocking on the door.

OOC:I have a question. Could Jake be late,and get a Phanpy? They're on the route by New Bark Town in Crystal.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=86723
    My URPG Stats

Warm my eggs and feed my Pokemon please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast