Start Ups Pokemon: Darkside (start up)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Darkside (start up)

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: Darkside (start up)

Pokemon: Darkside

OOC/SU thread: Pokemon: Darkside

The Plasma event, though a failure, did bring forward the dangers of battling. Trainers did not mistreat pokemon nor enslave them but there was risk. The League began to make restrictions to reduce the dangers. The starting age was increased to sixteen, a pre-test had to be taken, and the gyms had many restrictions added to them. If only they knew what was coming.

Another uprising of self-proclaimed pokemon activists, Team Primal, arose, but their method wasn't to appeal to humans‘ values, they would play on their fears. They created a toxin which would drive pokemon mad unleashing their strength and anger on cities and civilians. In this dangerous time where the league is considering ending training to protect humans you have only just received your pokemon and have to find your way in this turbulent world. There are also rumors of a response group being put together, but the league does not approve its action.

--------

Yet another group of young and hopeful individuals found themselves in the legendary lab of Prof. Oak all of them awaiting their licenses to become official pokemon trainers. All of them from different backgrounds, but all of them here for the same reason as countless others had been years ago. Pokemon training, the most popular occupation in the world, yet it was also the most challenging. No one really knows why it became what it was, but it has never met such a threat before. It was a very much possible that these kids could be the last ever to receive licenses. These trainers would be the last of their kind.

--------
    Pokemon on route one: (I'm just trying to keep it nice and simple with this route going with the typically first pokemon. Now this is a rule I forgot to mention, but you can find almost any pokemon on routes. All you need to do is go off the beaten path a bit, and so long as its a reasonable place to find them you're ok. Just don't try to pull anything stupid really. Of course no legendaries, and you are really really unlikely to find anything extremely stong (pseudo legendaries and other really tough pokemon will usually be found in key places Ex. cerulean cave, the safari zone, deep in dark cave, etc.). You can pretty much treat this list as the common pokemon.)

Caterpie, Weedle, Rattata, Pdigey,

Ledyba, Spinarak, Sentret, Hoothoot,

Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Taillow,

Kricketot, Bidoof, Starly,

Sewaddle, Venipede, Patrat, Pidove

--------
    (I will also be throwing in music now and then. mostly remixes of pokemon music. If you have a recommendation feel free to send it to me, or put it in your own post.)

--------

((Ok I may have overdone it, but I had plenty of time on my hands, and I spent all of it, so you better like this! (Half day of school, so I got home at 11:30. It's 2:15 & it is now 4:15. I did a bit of spriting.). Just try and do a paragraph or two for this first one, and then a paragraph at least for the rest [Paragraph = five full sentences. count dialog as like .75 of a sentence just so you get in some actions and descriptions.))

Jason S. Wolf
    Name:  Jason wolf trainer sprite ow.png
Views: 217
Size:  633 Bytes Name:  Jercio charmander ow.png
Views: 209
Size:  411 Bytes

Jason really hated the need to travel with others, but he wasn't going to risk his license over it. He had cared for his Charmander for years, but needed a license to battle. Then again he still hadn't gotten around to asking to join up with anyone, so it really wouldn't matter. With how rag tag the selection seemed Jason didn’t have any immediate choices. One appeared extremely over dress, and probably would be a prick, another looked really under dressed and unprepared for all of this, the other trainer who stuck out in his head was a girl who had made more then her share of sarcastic remarks, but at least of them all she seemed like the most ready for what was ahead. Pokemon training was no longer a kids hobby. It was a lifestyle which would prove difficult at almost every turn.

The idea of Team Primal being ahead also worried Jason. There were armed guards outside of Oak’s lab, and at the Pallet Town’s entrance to route one. Obviously this matter was much more prevalent here probably because of how much influence Prof. Oak has in the IPL. His grandson Blue is a gym leader and Prof. as well, Oak himself is the oldest researcher of pokemon alive, and he very much helped teach many of the current top trainers and researchers.

The entire group had been asked to stay in Pallet town or nearby on route one for the week simply as a way for them to prepare, organize, and get used to their new lives. The last few days hadn't been bad, and tomorrow they’d be allowed to leave. Jason couldn't wait, but he had to find a traveling partner. Perhaps, he though, he could talk with them back at the hotel at dinner or something. For now Jason and Jercio were headed to the route to get some fresh air and exercise.

The air was the slightest bit nippy as it was long into the summer, but still very early in the day. The treetops were full of green leaves that swayed and shuffled in the breeze. A very thin layer of fog was also lying around the trunks of the trees blanketing the grass in a white cloud. Jason thought to himself about how his summers back home had been, and their ends. Most kids would be going back to school when fall came and living very different lives because they couldn't pass the aptitude test. Even though he knew the answers inside and out even Jason stressed when he had to take it. You could retry every year, but that long of a wait was not something Jason could stand. This journey was something he needed. Mr. Fuji had always supported the idea. He felt that the work needed to be a trainer would help Jason control his MPD. Jason looked down to his Charmander who was walking along besides him. It was a fairly evident that Jercio helped Jason. That pokemon would never leave his side not after the years of effort Jason put in trying to help him.

Mr. Fuji was always looking out for abandoned pokemon he took them in and took care of them like they were his children. Jercio had been one of the more badly abused pokemon. His owner obviously was very violent to him. When Mr. Fuji found him Jercio was curled up shaking, and at the sight of a human cowered in fear. Mr. Fuji has always been disgusted by how some trainers act. Despite being called monsters most pokemon were innocent creature, and their trainers still treated them liked beasts, Charmander was a frequent example of it. Because of its dragon like final evolution many trainers would catch or receive one expecting it to be a strong and aggressive sort of pokemon, but this is never the case. Every pokemon is an individual having their own personality making them entirely unique. Jason spent many days just trying to be there with the Charmander, because whenever someone came around he’d run and cower. Jercio opened up over time, and his true colors shown. When Jercio became so attached to Jason Mr. Fuji recommended adopting the Charmander. Originally Jason had meant to name his new pokemon Jericho meaning “of the moon” in Hebrew as Mr. Fuji found Jercio late one night under a full moon, but he, for some still unknown reason, botched the spelling when he officially adopted Jercio, and felt the name was interesting.

With a warm feeling of nostalgia in his mind Jason carried on walking, and taking in the sights along the path. The world was a fantastic piece of work. All this beautiful disorder.

Default Re: Pokemon: Darkside (start up)

OOC: Do I wait for someone else to travel with since I can't travel alone? Or did you change that rule?
    Last edited by EeveelutionLover; 21st December 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Satyana Martinez, or Tana, as she preferred, was currently sitting on a fence in Pallet Town, swinging her feet and staring out at the water. Her journey hadn't even begun yet, and she'd already began feeling homesick. Living in Pallet the past few days had been quite a shock to her, having been born and raised in the hubbub that was Goldenrod. Despite the strangeness, however, Tana found it a nice little town, and a good place to start a journey.

As she mused, Cynders climbed up from his spot on the ground and sat on her knees. Tana smiled and petted him absently. Finding an Egg on the way home from her aptitude test was not how she'd expected to get her first Pokemon, and she'd never imagined she would end-up as a "mother" to a newborn Cyndaquil, but at this point, after taking-care of him for a while before they went to Pallet, she wouldn't trade Cynders for anything. Unthinkingly, she fiddled with the red bandana she'd put around his neck to ID him in case they met any others of his species.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Kyle's new pokemon, eevee that he just recently got continued to paw at him. "Alright Alright cool it I am working on it I know your hungry settle down." Kyle repeats and repeats to his pokemon every minute or so. "This eevee is starving, you would think Oak would make sure that all the pokemon he was giving to trainers were at least feed." He says to himself. Kyle realizes tho that Oak did feed them just has he got his new eevee. This eevee must be a pig he thought. Kyle goes towards the pokemon mart and buys a whole much of berries and quickly mixes some of them together and gives it to Autumn in a bowl(her name). Autumn dug right in right away devouring everything in that bowl. Autumn then finishes moments later. "Yep I'm screwed, most defiantly screwed." Kyle told himself.

Blog Entries

Eliot stepped out of the Pokemon center he had stayed in. Originally from Hoenn, he decided that Palett town would be his starting location for his first journey. He had a lotad on his head. The lotad had a mustache drawn just above it's lips.

"Alright, Chewy, ready to go on a marvelous adventure?" Eliot said.
    "Tad!" Chewy agreed.
    "Let us go on a marvelous quest, then! But first..." Eliot saw a girl in red, with long black hair. She looked like a new trainer too. And he had to get someone to come with. And she was pretty cute.

"Pardon me, miss, but are you a new trainer?" Eliot asked.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Tana looked-up and smiled. "Yes," She replied, taking-in his extravagant outfit, "I'm Satyana, but everyone calls me Tana. And this is Cynders."

Cynders mewed at him.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Kyle was determined to find a way to fix this problem. He could not do anything else bit fed her eevee. This is insanely crazy. Kyle continued feeding Autumn constant supply of berries while he sat their back at the pokemart experimenting with some pokeblock that the store actually had in stock. Pretty rare to see pokeblock in this region since they are famous in the Hoenn region. I guess the Kanto region got with the same program to. After finally screwing around with berries and pokeblock, Kyle picked a select few of berries and pokeblock and fixed it in a bowl. "Here, eat this." Snapped Kyle. Autumn started eating Kyle's experiment and after only finishing half Autumn fell over on her back completely stuffed. "Haa haa that shows you my bud. Lets see you try eating more now." Kyle mocks his pokemon. Autumn looks at him in an evil grid and tries to prove him wrong but she just could not eat anymore. Kyle won this battle and he is proud of it.

Blog Entries

"Aw, so cute!" Eliot said, petting it. "Like it's trainer." He looked around.'

"Where's your partner? Have one?" Elior asked.'

OOC: Sorry I couldn't post. Work is scary.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Tana shook her head, surprised. "Nope." This guy was friendly, but he was a little strange.

Blog Entries

Jason had his walk cut short when an officer forced him to turn around. This time it felt like he hadn't gone nearly as far. Upon returning he saw that high class prick talking with the sarcastic girl. Jason really really didn't want to be stuck with the other guy, and headed over having Jercio go first, and toddle over trying to be adorable. Jason has used the trick more then once to grab a girls attention.

Blog Entries

Jacob Laurey, who had been up for about two hours meticulously preparing himself for his journey and making the trek from Cerulean City, where his family resided, to Pallet Town, was standing in the shade of the tree, leaning against the trunk. Jake wasn't in a particular hurry, as he wouldn't need a starter from the lab. He figured that he would need someone who knew their way around Kanto to travel alongside. There were a few others in Jake's immediate area that he guessed were trainers, due to the fact that most of them had Pokemon with them. He debated over asking around for a map or keeping to himself.

Blade sat on a limb high above his trainer's head, snoozing. As this was his favorite thing to do, Jake mostly kept the bug-type in his Pokeball because it eased travel for him.
    "But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand... a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light."
    — The Wind Waker Prologue

I claimed Tyranitar!

3DS Friend Code:
    Hunter: 3926 - 5183 - 0564
    Accepting all battle requests!

Blog Entries

The Charmander caught Tana's attention immediately, a combination of her love of Fire-Types and a natural female reaction to cuteness. "Awww," She cooed, hopping off the fence to kneel to his level, "Hello, there. Who are you?"

Blog Entries

"Char achar cha cha har har" translating to, "Yeah I'm the pokemon with that guy who's too chicken to talk to people normally so I gotta help make him look good."

"He's mine." Jason said walking over.

He had was a holding Jercio's pokeball in his hand using it somewhat like a stress ball. He could keep his cool just fine with the people he hung out with for years, but these were strangers, and he did fear what his "disease" could lead to.

Blog Entries

Tana looked-up and smiled. She might be sarcastic, but that was just how her sense of humor worked. She was actually quite friendly. "Hi," She said cheerfully, standing-up.

Blog Entries

"Mornin'." Jason replied picking up Jercio who had to cling to his arm rather than be picked up as to avoid burning his trainer, "I hope we haven;t come along to interrupt anything"

Though in truth that was his main point of coming. Jason felt if he blew it here he was stuck with some of the noobie trainers, or worse that over dressed penguin. It was all speculation, but Jason would rather assume that and keep away than take the risk of seeing what the guy was really like.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast