Pokemon Apocalypse (Active posters please)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Apocalypse (Active posters please)

Default Pokemon Apocalypse (Active posters please)

Set in the near future, A Team Rocket experiment went drastically wrong. They were trying to increase power in pokemon and to subdue their need to answer back. The result of a pokemon rebellion was an airborne virus that has started to alter people and Pokemon alike. The resulting effect first reduced them to nothing more than a brainless body, destroying towns, killing pokemon + people. The second stage increased their power to an unparalleled level. Further stages have yet to be identified.

There are a few select trainers who were challenging the Hoenn League at the time of the outbreak, and have now returned to correct the wrongdoings of Team Rocket.

You are part of this small fire team...

[Weapons are permitted, but not easily obtained.
    No god-modding.
    I will decide all major decisions.
    Each trainer has left their Hoenn pokemon and now has nothing/ has to catch their first one again.
    Regular posters please, in game rewards to most actives each week]

(Fairly detailed please)
    Name:
    History:
    Appearance:
    Personality:

(Mine will be uploaded in a few hours after work)

Here's my SU;

Name: Rex
    Sex: Male

History: Rex grew up in a country that had no pokemon. He was the son of a farmer. He enjoyed his life, making bales of hay, tending to his beloved animals. Everything seemed to be going well, it was a Rexs 6th birthday when he went downstairs. He was confronted by only a note. He opened it nervously and it read:

"Were sorry."

No explanation to their disappearance, no clue as to their whereabouts, nothing.

That was when he ran away. He took the valuables (leftover jewelry etc) and sold them along the way. He headed south, to the docks of his country and stowed on a ship.

He had no idea where he was when I got off, just in a strange new land...

He lived rough for a few weeks before a kind old lady in lavender town found him asleep next to the pokemon tower, with a baby ghastly. The lady adopted him and he lived with her untill he was 13, when he finished school, and decided to pursue the pokemon leagues.

Personality: Rex was unnaturally calm at all times. He never appeared angry, even when he was flaming inside. This was because Hilda had taught him that composure was the best form of defense. If your opponenr knew that you were struggling, they have already won.

Appearance: He always wore knee length shorts, coupled with a hoodie of some description. He never ever wore a hat, and always had a pair of sunglasses on, no matter the weather.

He was 6" tall, and had short messy brown hair. Coupled with his tattoos along his arm, he often gave the wrong impression of himself.

There. Will start when we hit 4 players including myself.

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Apocalypse (Active posters please)

I have just one question: how, exactly, do we catch new Pokemon/fight if we HAVE NO POKEMON?
    Which makes even less sense given that these trainers were challenging the Hoenn League at the time.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Abigail Bauer (Abi for short)
    Appearance: about 5’7, braided blond hair, wears an orange plaid shirt with shorts that go down to the knees. Not to mention the cowgirl boots…
    Personality: Abigail is honest and loyal, and always loves to help others. Although she doesn’t like to receive help because she believes she must do everything on her own. Abi likes to give people nicknames and such, and she has a southern accent.
    History: Abigail lived in the Safari zone for most of her life, where she learned how to handle and care for Pokémon and beat the crap out of poachers. She knows almost everything about Pokémon, but doesn’t really brag about it. Soon enough, she decided that the Safari Zone has more than enough help, and she set out to become a Pokémon trainer.
    Pokémon: Growlithe and Tauros
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

You catch your first pokemn WITHOUT fighting it, or you find a pokeball on the floor, abandoned during the outbreak, and I shall decide what is inside.

[EDIT] Valcarona, If nobody else joins by the end of the day, would you like to take it private?
    Last edited by The Dark Eyed Demon; 14th June 2012 at 03:08 AM.

Seems interesting. May you reserve a spot for me.

If you determine what's inside the Pokeball, does that mean that you choose our starter Pokemon?
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Reserved.

If you choose not to encounter one in the wild for a while then yes, I decide.

Name
    Dale Johnson

Sex
    Male

History
    Dale was raised in Petalburg city by his mother, typically solitary as a child with few friends other than his family and Pokemon. As he grew older, he was consistently soft-spoken and unassertive, and rarely engaged in any activities other than school. When he was fourteen, Dale's mother and sister moved to the Sinnoh region while he stayed to live with his father, a fisherman and doctor well-known in the Vermilion City area. While living in Vermilion, Dale learned to grow more comfortable around others, and became gradually more outgoing. As he began to interact with others more frequently, the courtesy with which he treated others became more noticeable. Meanwhile Dale's father encouraged his son's desires to join the Kantoan police forces, and he began spending many days after school volunteering at the local Vermilion department.

When Dale graduated from school at eighteen, he took a small job at his father's hospital for a year until he was accepted into the Kanto police academy in Saffron City. After about five weeks of academy training Dale was recruited not by any police departments, but by the Kantoan government. He joined Task Force Arceus, a small team consisting primarily of police officers organized to confront the increasingly threatening Team Rocket presence in the Kanto region. Dale thus began a new training regimen to prepare for the missions the force would soon take to neutralize Team Rocket. In the meantime, members with greater experience returned from their missions with reports that Team Rocket had been engineering a virus with the intent to infect the entire Pokemon population. Unaware of the virus' effect but certain that it must be taken out of Team Rocket's hands, a raid was planned on a facility where the virus was believed to be stored. Two years of training after his recruitment, Dale was sent on the vital mission with the entirety of the task force.

The raid got out of hand almost immediately, and despite the efforts of the task force Team Rocket released the airborne virus only minutes into the attack. Everyone nearby was infected by the virus, and Dale discovered his immunity as he remained unaffected and surrounded by the mindless humans and Pokemon who had become infected.

(I tried to avoid going into too much detail. I prefer telling my character's story through the course of the RP.)

Appearance
    Dale has a rather average stature, standing five feet and nine inches tall and weighing 203 lbs. He's very fair-skinned, has light blue eyes, and an unkempt high and tight haircut with the hair above his ears growing in and top hair growing longer. He still wears the same long-sleeved battle dress shirt in black and white camouflage as he did on the day of the virus' release, usually with the sleeves rolled up above his elbows. However, he's switched out the rest of the uniform, now wearing navy blue jeans, black snow boots, and a black baseball cap streaked with red and silver and bearing a logo of the Saffron Scizors, his favorite baseball team.

Personality
    The events surrounding the catastrophic release of Team Rocket's virus have left Dale uncharacteristically taciturn and withdrawn, as well as typically morose. While he gives the impression of hopelessness, he still retains his pre-apocalypse sense of steadfast loyalty to the Kanto region and its citizens. He is not willing to let others face their tasks without offering his assistance, especially now that said tasks have become more difficult given the circumstances. He constantly thinks of others before himself, and is almost immediately willing to sacrifice for anybody else.
    Last edited by Loyalty; 28th June 2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Shamelessly renaming cities because I had the wrong region.

@Valcarona ; @ Loyalty

Accepted,

@ acs1903

Can you upload your SU if you're still interested please

Sorry about that man. I've got so many RPs right now :(
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Quote Originally Posted by acs1903 View Post
    Sorry about that man. I've got so many RPs right now :(
    Are you still interested though?

Blog Entries

So do the rules for weaponry apply to purpose made or improvised?

Because I was planning to have my character wield a shovel that he got from a garden supply store.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    So do the rules for weaponry apply to purpose made or improvised?

Because I was planning to have my character wield a shovel that he got from a garden supply store.
    Thats fine... I just dont want people thinking they can run around with rockets and stuff :p

@Drakon Im gonna need your SU buddy before we start

@ Drakon Gonna need your SU buddy before we can start!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast