Pokemon Academy GX (Sign-Up/Lounge/Always Open)

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokemon Academy GX (Sign-Up/Lounge/Always Open)

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon Academy GX (Sign-Up/Lounge/Always Open)

Plot: On an island to the south of the Johto Region is an island with a well-known academy known as Pokemon Academy GX, or PAGX for short. Here many learn about the pokemon world, as well as other important life lessons for three years.

About the Academy: There are three dorms at the academy: Entei Red, Raikou Yellow, and Suicune Blue. A student’s dorm is chosen by how they do on their entrance exam which consists of a written exam, and either a battle or contest appeal depending on which the student chooses. First year is standard classes with no electives, second year is half standard half electives, and third year is entirely electives. Students attend classes Monday through Friday, and have breaks for holidays as well as spring, winter, and summer. Students wear uniforms during the school day depending on their year and dorm.

About the Island: Other than the academy the island has a small town with shops, homes, restaurants, and other places you would find in a town, or small city. It contains mountains, caves, and forests.

Rules:

Other Information: Everyone is a first year as the others will only be mentioned for now. You may submit a teacher. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Sign-up Sheet:

My Sign-ups:
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 22nd September 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Academy GX

Yep, totally not a rip-off of Duel Academia.
    Isn't it a little...weird to force people to say that they support a ship to confirm they read the rules? Especially if they don't know what the ships are.
    And HEY.
    Moving on, meh sign-up:

Name: Yui Katano
    Birthday: July 23 (Leo)
    Sexuality: Straight *doesn't see the point of this*
    Appearance: Yui has dirty blonde hair that covers one of his blue eyes. If he had a choice, he would wear a brown jacket-vest type thing with a white t-shirt underneath, blue jeans, and brown shoes. (Think Enforcers uniform...yeah, I'm not too creative.)
    Or just look at this:

Personality: Yui is a fun-loving guy who likes to have fun, especially if the fun is Pokemon battles. He is, however, capable of taking them seriously, and actually does so. He also falls over for woman easily.
    History: Yui's dad went away at a young age (Yui doesn't know where), and his mom was extremely harsh on him. The only escape he could find was through Pokemon, one of which lived in his backyard. He decided to go to the Pokemon Academy GX to learn more about battling and possibly get a chance to get into the big leagues.
    Pokemon:
    Venusaur (Bulby) Male
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: SolarBeam, Vine Whip, Grass Pledge, Razor Leaf, Cut, Frenzy Plant
    Dewott (Luke) Male
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Razor Shell, Water Pledge, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash
    Quilava (Flare) Male
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Eruption, Flamethrower, Fire Pledge, Swift, Fire Blast
    Battle Appeal: Triple Battle [Opponents: Staraptor, Bibarel, and Pidgeot]
    "Alright, Bulby, use Grass Pledge! And Flare, use Fire Pledge on Bibarel!" Yui commanded.
    Venusaur roared, and sent out leaves in a tornado towards Bibarel. Once the tornado died out, Flare breathed light flames at Bibarel. The leaves, which were now spread out, caught on fire.
    "Bibarel, use Water Gun on Flare," the instructor said. Bibarel squirted water at Flare, which hurt more than it would seem. "Now, Pidgeot, finish him off with Air Slash." Pidgeot somewhat slashed at Flare, knocking him out.
    "You're gonna pay for that! Alright, Luke, use Aqua Tail on Pidgeot!" Luke's beaver-like tail was enveloped with water, and slapped Pidgeot with it. "Bulby, use Razor Leaf!" Bulby hurled sharp leaves at Pidgeot, knocking it out.
    "Staraptor, use Brave Bird on Bulby," the instructor said. Staraptor was enveloped in a red flame-like substance, dove down, became surrounded in a blue aura, then smashed into Bulby, who barely survived.
    "Luke, use Razor Shell on Staraptor!" Luke pulled off one of his scalchops from his hip, and smacked Staraptor with it...who dodged.
    "Bibarel, finish Bulby off with Rollout!" Bibarel rolled into a ball-like shape, then charged into Bulby at a high speed, knocking him out.
    "Luke, use Hydro Pump on Bibarel!" Luke shot out a high-powered blast of water at Bibarel, who was knocked back onto the still-burning leaves, knocking him out.
    "Staraptor, finish this with Brave Bird!" Staraptor did the same as before, but Luke dodged.
    "Luke, use Hydro Pump to finish Starpator off!" The attack managed to connect, and Starpator was knocked out.
    "Whew, I won..." Yui said.
    Other: Yui prefers Double and Triple Battles.
    Also, I support DenialShipping. Still weird.
    Last edited by Erdrick; 28th June 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Blog Entries

@Lief; You choose the kind of battle. Also I'm going to allow pokemon up to seven moves. I fixed you're complaint about the shipping.

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Alright! Also, you forgot "no godmodding" as a rule.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Looks interesting, can you reserve me a spot? I'll try to get my sign up as soon as possible.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

@Lief; accepted. I'll post dorms when we do the start-up. And I did not forget godmodding. It's been the second one the entire time.
    @Terra Solidum; Spot reserved.
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 23rd June 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Can I reserve a spot? I'll think of my sign up soon.

Blog Entries

@HilbertCressLover; Of course. Reserved

Could you reserve me a spot as well? Thanks!
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Blog Entries

@acs1903; Reserved

Blog Entries

I do wonder why, if you're a girl, two of your three sign-ups are boys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lief View Post
    I do wonder why, if you're a girl, two of your three sign-ups are boys.
    I have a lot of oc's in my mind of both genders, so I just pick who I find best for the situation. I probably won't add anymore students but I am adding a teacher who's a female that will play a bigger role than the other teachers.

One Sign-up, as promised!

Name: Nathan (Nate) Parker

Birthday: June 10

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Nathan is of average height for his age and of average build but, leaning towards the skinny side. He has fair colored skin, never appearing too tan or too pale. He has straight brown hair that falls to just above his shoulders. Most people tend to view him as being handsome. He enjoys wearing colors that match his favorite Pokémon type, ground. His typical wardrobe consists of, brown pants or jeans with an earth-colored shirt. The shirts change depending on the weather, sweater for cold, t-shirt for hot etc. He also has glasses that he reads with and he adds the occasional scarf if it’s cold outside.

Personality: While he often appears bored or unexcited, this is usually not the case. Nathan is usually energetic or excited about most things that he does; it’s just that he portrays the image of someone who is bored or disinterested with what they are doing. As a cause of this, many people have difficulty detecting what kind of mood he is in. Displaying some anti-social tendencies, Nathan isn’t one to approach a person and engage in conversation. Most people find however that, as they get to know him, he turns out to be a nice guy who is relatively friendly. He is also somewhat oblivious to how handsome he is and how often girls tend to look at him. He isn’t necessarily opposed to talking to girls, instead, he prefers talking to people who he already knows or who already know him, either guy or girl.

History: Nathan was born and raised in Goldenrod City, Johto where his parents both work at the Radio Tower in the city. His family being neither poor nor rich, Nathan had a classic middle-class upbringing. Nathan quite enjoyed growing up and living in the big city, he got to see all different kinds of both people and Pokémon who travelled through the city. He attended the Pokémon School in the city but after his completion of the program he just didn’t have the desire to start on a journey like all the other kids in his class, feeling as if something was wrong with him, being that he wasn’t overly fascinated by Pokémon. Having his parents work at the radio station was an advantage as the director knew his parents and offered Nathan a lower level job at the tower. He liked working at the tower but, he didn’t feel that he was being used to the fullness of his abilities. One day however his whole attitude toward the situation changed. It had been a while since graduated from the Pokémon School and one day, they all came through the city to challenge the gym, each with their own Pokémon. Nathan saw how much fun all of his friends had with their Pokémon and how jealous he quickly became. He talked to his parents about it and told them how he felt and how he wanted to give Pokémon training a second chance. His parents decided to give Nathan his chance at training, sending him on a journey through the Hoenn region. He captured Pokemon and made friends but he felt as if he didn't know enough to truly be competitive in Pokemon battling. His parents agreed with him, and decided to enroll him in PAGX.

Pokemon:
    Vibrava (male), Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Sandstorm, Faint-Attack, Dragon Breath, Dig, Bite, Sonic Boom, Supersonic

Stunfisk (male), Ability: Static
    Moves: Earth Power, Muddy Water, Thunderbolt, Bounce, Sludge Bomb, Stone Edge, Thunder Wave

Gastrodon (East and Male), Ability: Storm Drain
    Moves: Muddy Water, Earth Power, Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Sludge Bomb, Sandstorm, Rain Dance

Battle: "Alright Stunfisk, start it off with a Thunderbolt" Nate called out. The trainer and his Pokemon were only battling another trainer and her Timburr, so Nate didn't expect much, Stunfisk was quite experienced and this was just a battle purely meant for training. The ground and electric type Pokemon heard its order and launched a high energy bolt of yellow tinted electricity towards its opponent. Timburr and its trainer were apparantly prepared for this as she called out for a block, and Timburr swung its 2x4 at the electric bolt, causing it to dissipate. "Quite the inventive block" Nate thought to himself as he mentally readjusted his strategy. He didn't have time to think too long as Timburr came racing forward preparing a Low-kick. Stunfisk was too slow to respond and was sent flying backwards, reappearing momentarily from a dust cloud as it shook its injury off. "Don't worry Stunfisk, we can handle this! Use Muddy Water!" Nate commanded, causing his Pokemon to form a large wave of semi-clear water and sending it towards the Timburr. Timburr and its trainer had no escape for this, as the wave crashed into the Pokemon. Sensing a moment of opportunity, while Timburr was still dazed from the water, Nate called out for a Stone Edge. Stunfisk formed to rings above its head which quickly shaped into sharp stones that were immediately hurled at Timburr once again. This time the fighting Pokemon was able to dodge, but just barely, as a couple of stones hit it on the square of its back. Timburr's trainer sensed she was losing and called for an all out assault on Stunfisk, as Timburr charged once again, preparing to use wake-up-slap. Nate wasn't going to be fooled by Timburr's speed again, as he quickly called out, "Use Bounce Stunfisk, quick!" The Pokemon understood its command and quickly bounced/jumped in the air, as the force of Timburr's attack left a dent in the ground where Stunfisk was a moment ago. Too late to do anything, Timburr was struck by the falling Stunfisk and fainted. "Nice job Stunfisk" Nate called as he walked forward and patted his Pokemon on the head, returning it to its Pokeball.

Other: Not sure what this means, but here you go "supports DenialShipping (may put LuefShipping in place of Denial)"
    Last edited by Terram Validus; 24th June 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Blog Entries

@Terra Solidum; Sorry for not mentioning it, but they can't have DW abilities. Gastrodons ability needs to be changed, but other than that accepted.

Edited, and I have to give you credit for knowing that, you must really know your Pokemon.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast