Pokémon - Transcendence (Start-Up)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Transcendence (Start-Up)

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Default Pokémon - Transcendence (Start-Up)

The year is 2214. The Earth is no longer a blend of blue, green and white. It is no a sphere of grey, purged of all forms of life because it can no longer survive. Pollution is starting to get out of hand. Scientists in Russia foresaw this, and finalised a project that they had been working on for around forty years beforehand. This project was known as the Transcendence Orb, a space station located at the very edge of the galaxy. It was a place to escape to when the human race no longer had any hope, and it was controlled by a super computer called the Transcendence Orb Moderator, or TOM for short. TOM powered everything in the space station, and powered the machines that created air, gravity and mechanisms that allowed plants to survive. Just as the planet began to choke, the human race, as well as all the Pokémon, were evacuated to the Orb to begin life again.

Fifty years later, the Orb has become a working society, and also a brand new planet. Different societies of people live on the different floors of the planet, with the homeless living just above the core of the planet. Everything seems peaceful, but soon, nothing will be well. It seems that TOM has started to malfunction, yet nobody seems to have noticed save for a Third-Class professor at Streamside University. He has developed technology that will allow people to heal TOM by getting inside the mainframe of the Orb. These are called Conversion Chips, and they are implanted into the necks of people and Pokémon to transfer them into the mainframe, ala the Matrix. He also developed Download Balls, amazing Poké Balls that can capture
    the data of Pokémon inside the mainframe and transfer them into a living, breathing creature back in the human world. These Pokémon are inside TOM to try and protect him from computer viruses. This professor has decided to bring his students and their Pokémon into an operation to access TOM and find out what's wrong with them. After all, the human race has been given a second chance, and it cannot go to waste.

===***===

As he brushed his soaked fringe out of his eyes, Zane continued to watch the Wooper writhing around in a puddle across the street. He turned his head to his left to look at the clock tower on the roundabout at the bottom of the street. It showed the time as being 9 PM, and the streetlamps and the large lightbulbs on the roof of the floor had adjusted their dimness to make this time seem appropriate. Sprinklers on the roof were also showering water down on the entire floor, as all the plants on the floor were in desperate need of watering from the recent drought of heat coming from the floor below.

Zane had been considering capturing the Wooper, but he decided to leave it be for now. He turned to his right and started to walk past some shops. He noticed a glow coming from one of the shops in front of him, and he decided to check it out. It was a video store with a stack of TVs showing the same programme in the window.

"Hmm. Slowpoke Pals," Zane muttered to himself, giving out a sigh of amusement. It was a childrens show that he watched when he was younger, before he had left home. He stood and watched, just for nostalgia's sake. For about thirty seconds he watched the cartoon Slowpoke and Psyduck scurrying around in a field, before the screen turned black and it was replaced by an image of a man in a lab coat. He appeared to be shouting something, and every TV in the stack was showing the same image.

"... the hell?" Zane whispered to himself, and he entered the video store. Indeed, every TV was showing the man. People were muttering about it, and one store clerk was jabbing buttons on a remote to try and get the man to leave. It seemed the same man was on every channel.

"People of the Transcendence Orb. I am Professor Christopher Hunt of the Third Floor Streamside University. I am here to give you a warning, a warning about TOM. Something is wrong with it's programming, and it could cause the deaths of you all. Please, if you are at all interested in the lives of anyone aboard this vessel, please, please come and find me at the University..." he explained, before the screen turned black and Slowpoke Pals came back on.

"Warning? TOM? Deaths... of us all?" Zane muttered to himself, running what the man had said over in his mind.

===***===

The next morning, Zane found himself sitting on the steps of Streamside University, watching a figure come towards him.

((OOC: Right, whoever posts next is that figure. Let's do this at last, people!))
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

Default Re: Pokémon - Transcendence (Start-Up)

Milly woke up and had breakfast. She loved food so she ate everything including two plates. "Ah that was refreshing," said Milly. She brushed her teeth and got dressed and left. Why do I feel like I have the best appetite in the world? she asked herself, walking to the university. She saw Zane, "Who are you?"
    Last edited by Darth Pema07; 13th April 2010 at 03:52 PM.

I love lickies!

FC: Coming Soon:I

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

((OOC: Erm... I kind of meant the next posters character would be the figure...))

OOC: Oh I thought... Nevermind.

I love lickies!

Blog Entries

OOC: I have been waiting for this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal had seen the same infomercial that Zane had seen, later that day. "Ok, Bubbles. We're going to Streamside University!" Crystal told her Ditto. "Let's go get ready, we'll head out tomorrow." Crystal rushed home to get everything ready, with Bubbles right on her shoulder. "Ditto!" Bubbles cheered with a cute, high voice.

The next morning...

"Ok, we finally made it, Bubbles! Aren't you excited?" Crystal asked the Ditto. "Ditto! Ditto!" Bubbles cheerfully replied. They reached Streamside University, but stopped when they saw someone sitting on the staircase. "Why are you just sitting there? Aren't you gonna go inside?" She asked the stranger.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

Blog Entries

Colin Everett sat on the kerb of a path, holding Togia the Togepi in his arms. Her face was happy, and she was waving her stubby arms around with joy, enjoying being held by Colin. Colin blew his fringe from his eyes, and watched a Piplup splash in a seemingly deep puddle with his Squirtle pal. Colin smiled, and pushed himself up off of the kerb with one hand, and then replaced it around Togia's body. Walking beside a TV shop, he noticed that a stack of televisions were right in front of his eyes.

As a man appeared on the screen, he shouted something, which Colin listened to intently. After the message, the screen flickered to a program that he loved to watch when he was younger. It was entitled 'The Baby Pokémon Tea Party'. A Chingling was rattling to a Togepi, and they appeared to be having lots of fun. When Togia saw her own species, she clapped appreciatively, and giggled. Togia was still young, and loved this program, so Colin often watched it with her.

As could be expected, her favourite character was the Togepi. As Colin walked away, Togia didn't make much of a fuss. Colin's target of this walk was the Streamside University.

~~~~~~~~~~

As he reached Streamside University, he headed towards a boy who was sitting on some steps. "Oh, er... hi, there. Are you here because of the announcement on the television, too?" Colin asked the stranger shyly. Togia smiled at Zane, and waved at him energetically, exclaiming to him, "Toge-puuuuuuui!!!"

Blog Entries

(Oops, didn't get here in time xP)

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

((OOC: Don't worry about it, just say you turned up a few seconds after Crystal.))

Zane didn't bother to look up at Crystal. He just sat there with his chin resting on one of his fists.

"Door's locked. Police probably didn't like that guy hacking into the Orb's television network. Although..." he explained, before sitting up and looking over at the girl's Ditto, "you think your Ditto could mold itself into the lock and open it?"

He stood up and heard the boy approaching them calling to him.

"Yeah, I am. You're here about the report to, I assume?" he asked the girl.

Veteran Roleplayer Knight of Day's Avatar

Alex Bishop sat at the gate of the Power Plant, drawing figures in the dry dirt next to him. His Furret was away playing on the fence.

He eventually became bored, and sat up. Furret climbed up onto his shoulder, nuzzling him. Alex patted him on the head, and walked away.

An hour later he arrived at the University, and walked to where Zane and the others were.

Dmitri walked through the streets of the Third Floor with a purpose, with Kain hovering just to his side. "I don't know, it's probably nothing. It's just, I feel compelled to see what this guy has to say, you know?" Dmitri said, half to himself, half to the Porygon. Kain let out a disapproving electric whine. "You're probably right..." he said. Kain did a loop-de-loop in the air and squealed excitedly. "Yeah," Dmitri smirked, "Playing the crazy Russian again." He noticed a small crowd of people crowding around the university steps ahead of him, and hurried to see what was happening. "Hello," Dmitri said, his Russian accent suddenly becoming more prominent, "What's going on?"

Blog Entries

"Yeah, I am. I really am worried about what might happen to TOM." Crystal replied to Zane's question. Crystal looked down at Bubbles. "Hmm... I think your idea might work... Bubbles, try to fit into that lock, and open the door for us, please?" Crystal said. The little purple pokemon nodded. "Ok, let's try it out." Crystal picked up Bubbles, and put her next to the lock.

Bubbles crawled in, and wriggled around a bit, just to get settled. Then, she started to tilt to the right to unlock the door. "You can do it, Bubbles!" Cystal was encouraging the small pokemon. Finally, after several attempts, the door finally unlocked. Crystal took Bubbles out from the lock. "Great job!" Crystal cheered. "Ditto!"

OOC: I have to get off now, bye!
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

OOC: But I was the figure, I edited my post.

I love lickies!

Blog Entries

Yue raced down the streets towards the university, dodging and weaving her way through the crowds of people with her Taillow, Tsubasa flying right behind her. As she ran, Yue thought back to yesterday when she had seen her old college professor appearing on all the TVs in the hospital and warning everyone of some kind of danger.

Unlike her colleagues who thought it was some kind of hoax or some of her patient who were scared it was some kind of death treat, Yue believed every word about something being wrong with the core, it just wasn't like her old mentor to make something like that up. "Still......the professor better have a real good explanation for all this or he's gonna pay for scaring my patients!" Tsubasa, who was doing his best to keep from hitting anyone or thing, chirped in his agreement beside her.

Finally Yue and Tsubasa reached the ground of Streamside University, where they could see a small group of people near the front steps opening the door with a Ditto. "You know, if you wanted inside I could have just unlocked it for you!" She yelled out to them as she sprinted the last few feet towards them.

OOC: I hope its ok that I made Yue a former student of the professor, I thought it would be a good i
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa

Insanity is normal, whats weird is those who are still sane
    White FC: 1162 9053 3913 Black FC: 2150 7869 1755

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

((OOC: Sorry, I didn't notice until after I had posted my greeting to Johto Trainer. It doesn't particularly matter now, anyway.))

Zane nodded to Crystal and then looked around to the group, nodding his head to a newcomer with a Porygon. They had all only just met, but Zane decided that he should round them all up and take leadership for now. He then nodded his head to the second newcomer, ignoring her loud tone.

"There may be authorities in there. Every second we waste talking, they could be getting closer to the Professor," he explained to her.

"I suggest we introduce ourselves to each other once we're in the building and we've found the Professor. Like I said, there may be authorites lurking around, so we should keep quiet to avoid any need to battle," Zane explained, nodding a final time to a group before turning around, shoving his hand in his pockets and walking through the university doors.

Veteran Roleplayer Knight of Day's Avatar

Alex silently followed after Zane.

Furret jumped down onto the ground, and scurried around, looking through the cracks of doorways to see who was there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast