Pokémon - Transcendence (Sign-Up)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Transcendence (Sign-Up)

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Default Pokémon - Transcendence (Sign-Up)

Plot: The year is 2214. The Earth is no longer a blend of blue, green and white. It is no a sphere of grey, purged of all forms of life because it can no longer survive. Pollution is starting to get out of hand. Scientists in Russia foresaw this, and finalised a project that they had been working on for around forty years beforehand. This project was known as the Transcendence Orb, a space station located at the very edge of the galaxy. It was a place to escape to when the human race no longer had any hope, and it was controlled by a super computer called the Transcendence Orb Moderator, or TOM for short. TOM powered everything in the space station, and powered the machines that created air, gravity and mechanisms that allowed plants to survive. Just as the planet began to choke, the human race, as well as all the Pokémon, were evacuated to the Orb to begin life again.

Fifty years later, the Orb has become a working society, and also a brand new planet. Different societies of people live on the different floors of the planet, with the homeless living just above the core of the planet. Everything seems peaceful, but soon, nothing will be well. It seems that TOM has started to malfunction, yet nobody seems to have noticed save for a Third-Class professor at Streamside University. He has developed technology that will allow people to heal TOM by getting inside the mainframe of the Orb. These are called Conversion Chips, and they are implanted into the necks of people and Pokémon to transfer them into the mainframe, ala the Matrix. He also developed Download Balls, amazing Poké Balls that can capture
    the data of Pokémon inside the mainframe and transfer them into a living, breathing creature back in the human world. These Pokémon are inside TOM to try and protect him from computer viruses. This professor has decided to bring his students and their Pokémon into an operation to access TOM and find out what's wrong with them. After all, the human race has been given a second chance, and it cannot go to waste.

Rules:
    No god-modding.
    No double/triple posting.
    No killing characters without permission.
    No obtaining Download Balls or Conversion Chips without the GM or Co-GM's consent.
    Proper grammar, punctuation and spelling will get you in my good books for sure.
    Use your common sense. If it's not here, and I don't like it, don't try and argue otherwise I'll get pissed.
    No getting me pissed.

Transcendence Orb Map:
    First Floor - This is where the richest people live, such as mayors and entrepreneurs. These are the only people who can see into space and experience all of it's wonders, to the envy of everyone below them. There is a huge fountain at the top of the orb and a spire at the bottom that reaches out of the Orb towards the stars beyond. It is said this is directly connected to the core and keeps the Orb in orbit. It is a huge city, similar to places like New York. There are protected National Parks here where all the food is grown. The signature element of this floor is Psychic.

Second Floor - People of general importance work here, but are not particularly rich. These are people like doctors and lawyers. The people usually live in the Third Floor, however. It appears to be a rather large city area, like London. The signature element of this floor is Steel.

Third Floor - This is where the middle class people live, as well as people who work on the Second Floor. It looks like a normal village, and there isn't as much crime here as there are on the other floors. Everywhere is connected by glass tubes surrounded by water, where Water Pokémon are free to roam. The signature element of this floor is Water.

Fourth Floor - This is the stabilisation floor, where energy is created and the pressure of the floor below is kept in check. This floor is entirely created of metal, being full of reactors, power plants and millions of pipe lines. The signature element of this floor is Electric.

Fifth Floor - This is where all the pollution created to power the Orb is trapped, and released into space every month. This is where the homeless live, as there is no where else to go. They have formed a makeshift city in here, and it is full of fog so it's difficult to see and breath. There is more crime and more deaths here than any other floor. The signature element of this floor is Poison.

Sixth Floor - This is a conglomeration of bases around the core, where people snatched from the fifth floor and forced to maintain the core. This is also where TOM is held. The signature element of this floor is Fire.

The Core - A great ball of gases and flame that powers the orb and allows it to work as a natural planet does. As it is inaccessable, this floor does not have a signature element.

Starters: All starters MUST be an unevolved Normal Type Pokémon. This is because they are the only type that can power the basic Conversion Chips. Other Conversion Chips can be acquired later on for other types.

Signature Elements: Depending on the Signature Elements of certain floors, different types of Pokémon can be caught here using regular Poké Balls. All other types must be caught with Download Balls within TOM.

Characters:
    Amelia "Milly" Brown - Pema07
    Colin Everett - Calfab
    Alex Bishop - Dark Knight
    Rhea Anderson - Starcatcher
    Dmitri Vereor - Birras
    Joseph Antonimous, Joshua Antonimous, Chrome Peterson - Anonymous
    Crystal Korper - Johto Trainer
    Michael Raymond - Renewal
    Doctor Yue Levia - Black Cat320

Sign-Up Sheet:
    Name:
    Class: This is what floor they come from. They cannot come from The Core for obvious reasons.
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Starter: Remember, they must be a normal type!

So, yeah. If you like the idea, get typing.
    Last edited by Metabee; 13th April 2010 at 03:42 PM.
    i haven't changed this signature for like sixteen years
    i guess i'll put a link to that fic i'm planning on doing one day

Default Re: Pokémon - Transcendence (Sign-Up)

Name: Amelia (Milly) Brown
    Class: Sixth Floor (Or what)
    Appearance: Orange Sweatshirt, Red tee shirt, Red skirt, Orange leggings, Blonde hair, Red, Orange, Black sneakers and a Headband.
    Personality: Loves fire and learned how to make a fire since she could remember, is a rebel and is very curious, also she fights for her will. And gets a little intense sometimes.
    History: Her Parents, she doesn't know much about them because she was an orphan since she was 3. She was adopted but left them.
    Starter pokemon: Eevee, If it could be named, Flames.

I love lickies!

FC: Coming Soon:I

Blog Entries

name:Lan

class: 6th floor(cant leave milly alone)

Appearence:A blue t-shirt that says Arizona wildcats,a las vegas coat,blue jeans and a black baseball cap.oh!and blue sneakers sayin wilcats.

personality:Nice and outgoing to make new friends.Hes always wanting to meat new people.Very loyal and will do anything for his partner,igglybuff.

History:His parents live on the 1st floor,but Lan didnt likeit,so he ran away.On his way,he met an igglybuff who followed him.They have been best friends since.Lans older brother was left on earth. :'(

pokemon:igglybuff,nicknamed moonlight

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Pema07, your character is Accepted. Yes, the age is completely fine, but it would be more likely for her to live on the fifth-floor or above than the sixth-floor. It's not really that important that you change it, though, so leave it if you want.

landogriffin, unfortunately, I've had to Reject your character. He just seems so... unlikely. I doubt anyone would ever leave a beautiful place like the First Floor to live in what is essentially a cave. But more importantly, the evacuation happened fifty years ago. How could his brother have been left behind? Sorry, but this makes little sense.

Blog Entries

Name: Colin Everett
    Class: Third Floor
    Appearance: Jet-black, slightly wavy, shoulder-length hair. Silvery eyes. Tight black jeans, silver belt, silvery-coloured three-quarter-sleeved collared shirt, black scarf, silver sandals or converse
    Personality: Life isn't always sweet for Colin. He often faces ups and downs, particularly professionally. He has a fertile imagination and is often involved in creative pursuits. He is a very sincere and loyal partner; but finds that expressing his feelings is not very easy. His home is his haven, and he loves nothing more than being surrounded by close family and his beloved partner, a Togepi.
    History: He lived on the Third Floor with his mother, his father and his twin sister, Jasmine. He had a happy childhood, and was carefree, but as he grew, he was bullied more and more frequently, which lowered his self-esteem. But he stood up to them one day, and the biggest and baddest bullies got into a fight with him and his sister, after insulting the Everett family. He and his sister managed to beat up most of them, and their relationship was made even stronger.
    Starter Pokémon: Togepi, nicknamed Togia

Veteran Roleplayer Knight of Day's Avatar

Name: Alex Bishop

Class: Fourth Four

Appearance: Alex wears a pair of dark blue jeans, black gloves cut at the knuckles, skateboarding shoes, and a black and silver jacket. His eyes are a light shade of blue, hidden behind a pair of semitransparent pair of work goggles. His hair is dirty blonde. His hands are occasionally spotted with grease from his work.

Personality: Alex works in a Power Plant, and is homeless. He works seventy two hours per week. He is very creative. He tries to be a good friend to the limited he has.

History: Alex's parents and brother went missing when he was very young, and he can't remember why. He is homeless, but works hard to find one. Alex has very little friends. He was given to an orphanage when he was eight; when a Power Plant shut down unexpectedly, he helped repair all of the broken mechanics. Alex has worked there since.

Pokemon:

Furret
    Last edited by Knight of Day; 30th March 2010 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Calfab, your character is Accepted.

Dark Knight, your character is Accepted. I did say the starter should ideally be unevolved, but as it's just a Furret I can let it slide.

Blog Entries

if i change mine to be more real can i be in?i always have the brother part though,so i didnt realize.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

looking on the brightside Starcatcher's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Rhea Anderson
    Class: Third floor

Appearance: Chestnut brown hair, pale skin, and olive green eyes with quite a piercing gaze along with hints of blue around the pupil. A little on the short side (all thanks to her parents), average weight. Three dates are tattooed onto her arm: her birthday, her father's death, and her mother's death. A tattoo of a star cluster wraps around her ring finger. A necklace made of tiny pearls hangs from her neck. She is always seen wearing a white sundress and black converse that have been scribbled on and roughed up from wear.

Personality: Calm and collected, but a natural claustrophobic. She knows when to speak and when to keep quiet, but tends to have to hold back laughter in conversation surrounding the body and how it works. She is slightly immature and is more attracted to the younger crowd. Rhea is a great public speaker and is often popular with foreigners for her 'mixed' accent (American and Russian) and exceptional multilingual speaking.

History: Rhea was born into a Russian-American family along with her twin, Maks, shortly after her mother was diagnosed with leukemia. Her father was killed in a machinery accident when Rhea and Maks were barely a year old, and her mother, sickly and nearing hospitalization, was forced to give up her children to the care of her best friend, who, until the age of eight, the children always knew as mom.

Upon reaching her tenth birthday, Rhea received a Teddiursa who she named Luna, which in Russian means moon. She began working children-oriented jobs and by the time she was fourteen was working full time independently, something her mother had always wanted to do but never had the chance.

Starter: Teddiursa, named Luna.

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Pretty fantastic sign-up there, Starcatcher. Accepted.

Name:Dmitri Vereor

Class:Second Floor

Appearance:

Personality:Dmitri is very eccentric, and fancies himself as a bit of a philosopher. Cares little for most people, as he finds them loud and irritating.

History:Dmitri's father was Italian, his mother, Russian. He has spent his entire life on the Second Floor, and nothing really eventful has happened to him, save for receiving his Pokemon, Kain.

Starter:Porygon, nicknamed Kain

Blog Entries

Follow Metabee on Tumblr

Accepted, Birras.

Blog Entries

and the answer to mine??lol??seriously though,if i change it cna i be in
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Quote Originally Posted by landogriffin View Post
    And the answer to mine?? I find this amusing?? Seriously though,if I change it,can I be in?
    He already rejected yours in its current form. Said it was unlikely that you would leave a paradise like the First Floor to live in a cave, and that your brother was unlikely to have been left on Earth, with evacs having been 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Birras View Post
    He already rejected yours in its current form. Said it was unlikely that you would leave a paradise like the First Floor to live in a cave, and that your brother was unlikely to have been left on Earth, with evacs having been 50 years ago.

True...

I love lickies!

FC: Coming Soon:I

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast