Pokémon - The New Region (One more person needed!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - The New Region (One more person needed!)

Collaborate and listen. Vubberth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon - The New Region (We're full!)

NOTE - WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING MEMBERS. DUE TO THIS COMPUTER BEING LAGGY I CANNOT FULLY CHANGE THE TITLE. MANY APOLOGIES AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

Unova. It was a region far away from the others, but recently, it's been discovered by Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, the like. Now, trainers from near and far are coming to conquer it's Pokémon League as well. Bringing their own Pokémon and resolutions, these foreigners travel in groups, practicing and bonding with Pokémon new and old. You are one of these trainers. You begin another journey, now!

Welcome to Pokémon - The New Region. This isn't my first RP, but it's my first in a while. I'm a semi-active RP'er, which means I'll scan the RP three or four times a day, posting if I have the time or if necessary. I'm looking for other RP'ers within this range, but even if you're super inactive, you can still be an important plot character if you go that extra mile.

Alright then, here's your sign-up sheet.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality/Traits:
    Pokémon:
    Other:

The characters and the traveling groups...

-Group A-
    Cooper Blair - Night Slash
    Cole Jacobson - -Gray-
    Kimberly Able - MuddyMudkip

-Group B-
    Camille O'Brien - Gym Leader Calvin
    Nathan Parker - GroundTrainer
    Castelia Alor - Lone Wolf

And, of course, the rules.

1. All Bulbagarden rules apply.
    2. This is rated 'EVERYONE'. Act accordingly. Keep swearing to a minimum, and don't say something you wouldn't say to a little sibling.
    3. Be semi-literate. Please use periods, quotation marks, good grammar and punctuation. I cannot stress how much of a grammar freak I is.
    4. Well... We've always got the secret word. I guess you can put 'Om nom nom' in the 'Other' part of your form to prove you read this.
    5. Please be nice. If two characters have a grudge/vendetta in-game, please don't start flaming, etc. OOC. This is make-believe, it's not serious. There's a jousting snail, for God's sake!
    6. You all should know this, but use (), (()), [], {}, <> or anything else for OOC (Out of Character) speak.
    7. People play these for enjoyment, so please, enjoy!

My sign-up will be up in a while. In the meantime, discuss, sign-up, or just post!
    Last edited by Vubberth; 5th August 2011 at 07:39 AM.
    I have claimed: Bidoof | Fly | Everstone | Full Restore
    I am currently playing: Team Fortress 2 | Pokémon Y

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon - The New Region

Nice to see you're back.

Name: Camille O'Brien
    Appearance: Camille has long brown hair in a ponytail, hazel eyes, a slight tan, and a modest hourglass figure. She wears a brown blouse, a black skirt that reaches her knees, black leggings, and a pair of black flats completed the look.

Personality/Traits: Camille is a smart girl who has a nonexistent temper. She regards everyone with the utmost respect, and is able to take most insults and turn them around, employing a reverse psychology of sorts. She is soft-spoken, and can be shy at times, though when she feels she has a point to make, she will speak strongly.
    Pokémon: Roserade(female)
    Slowking(female)
    Electabuzz(female)
    Magmar(male)
    Togekiss(female)
    Flygon(male)

Other: Om nom nom
    Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Calvin; 3rd August 2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries

Hey, Calvin! Yeah, I quit for a while. Look forward to RP'ing again!

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Sounds Fun!

Name: Nathan (Nate) Parker

Personality: Nathan is very easy going and relaxed. He has a good sense of humor and rarely loses his temper or gets angry. He sometimes flirts with girls, but not often. He is a trustworthy guy and is well respected amongst his peers. He also cares deeply for his Pokémon and believes his job as a trainer is to help them be the best that they can be.

Appearance: Nathan is the average height for his age, around 5’7. He sees himself as shorter compared to most people however. His body is an average build but, leaning towards the thin side. He is quite handsome, with straight brown hair falling to just above his shoulders. He has brown eyes, which sometimes are covered up by glasses which he uses to read with. He doesn’t tend to notice how often girls look at him. He wears clothes that aren’t anything special, he prefers solid colors and the occasional line. His clothes aren’t what some would consider fancy but, he prefers to look respectable, not matter the situation he is in. This usually is brown or blue pants, with a solid color shirt with, his preference being a dark brown one.

Pokemon: Flygon (male), Gastrodon (east, male)

Other: Om nom nom!
    Last edited by Terram Validus; 4th August 2011 at 08:51 AM.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GroundTrainer View Post
    Sounds Fun!

Name: Nathan (Nate) Parker

Personality: Nathan is very easy going and relaxed. He has a good sense of humor and rarely loses his temper or gets angry. He sometimes flirts with girls, but not often. He is a trustworthy guy and is well respected amongst his peers. He also cares deeply for his Pokémon and believes his job as a trainer is to help them be the best that they can be.

Appearance: Nathan is the average height for his age, around 5’7. He sees himself as shorter compared to most people however. His body is an average build but, leaning towards the thin side. He is quite handsome, with straight brown hair falling to just above his shoulders. He has brown eyes, which sometimes are covered up by glasses which he uses to read with. He doesn’t tend to notice how often girls look at him. He wears clothes that aren’t anything special, he prefers solid colors and the occasional line. His clothes aren’t what some would consider fancy but, he prefers to look respectable, not matter the situation he is in. This usually is brown or blue pants, with a solid color shirt with, his preference being a dark brown one.

Pokemon: Will we catch them or do we bring them? (edit upon receiving answer)

Other: Om nom nom!
    The idea is that our characters have already conquered a previous League or atleast explored another region, so you'll need a couple Pokémon to start with.

Name: Cooper Blair
    Appearance: Cooper has almond-coloured necklength hair that flares at the end. It also covers his left eye. His eyes are the color of the ocean, a cross between blue and green. He has fair skin, a lean build and a thin face.
    Cooper wears a grey jacket and a black V-neck tee underneath. For pants, he has straight blue jeans held up with a belt. He wears blue and grey running shoes as well.
    Personality/Traits: Cooper has a greedy and unscrupulous personality, but is intelligent and deep, hiding his true motives to help his image. His ego never burns out, and he isn't one to give up, but will go into denial if he repeatedly fails. He is openly sardonic and condescending to those around him, but he'll make friends and tone down his attitude if it'll help his goals.
    Pokémon: Tyranitar♂, Nidoking♂, Kingdra♂, Weavile♀
    Other: Om nom nom.
    Last edited by Vubberth; 3rd August 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries

So I shouldn't use Unova Pokémon. I'm just gonna edit that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Calvin View Post
    So I shouldn't use Unova Pokémon. I'm just gonna edit that.
    Thanks. Mine is up as an example. Oh, and you're all accepted.

Oh, a question. What Gen. IV and/or V games do you guys have?
    Last edited by Vubberth; 3rd August 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Can you reserve me a spot?
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon - The New Region (Open, we haven't begun!)

I have Diamond, Pearl, and SoulSilver.

Blog Entries

OK, just wondering. And I can easily do that, -Gray-.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Name: Kimberly "Kim" Able

Appearance: She has long, slightly-curled, light hazel-brown hair, reaching somewhere in between her shoulders and mid-back. The color of her eyes is turquoise blue, while her skin's complexion is slightly tanned. Her usual attire of choice is a white or green shirt, cream-colored jeans, as well as white sneakers that have light blue streaks and designs. Kimberly stands at about five feet six inches and has an averagely curvy figure (for her age, that is). She has a silver bracelet, a "lucky charm" as she calls it, on her left wrist. This piece of jewelry has the words, "Sam and Kim Together Forever" engraved in dark brown (almost black) on it - Sam being her Cloyster. When the weather is cold, she'll have a violet-colored wool jacket on. When the weather is warm, on the other hand, you'll see her wearing blue shorts instead of jeans. Her bag is a red backpack, and she likes to keep her Pokeballs conveniently clipped on her belt.

Personality/Traits: Kim has a rather quirky personality, if you will. She can be a very friendly, hardworking and caring person at times. She loves Pokemon, and will tend to anyone in need. She may have a bad temper when you get on her wrong side. She does not like it when her ideas are challenged, and likes to be the leader-like person - but as long as you don't downright ignore or challenge her, you'll be fine in her book. She also has a habit of getting lost, her sense of direction is not that great. Luckily, she has Pokemon who are better at navigation compared to her. She can also be hyper at certain times.

Her determined, challenging, and high spirited personality brought her to Unova, and her goal is to be one of the first trainers to complete the league. She is adventurous and loves to read, write and run. She likes sports quite a bit, and is also a fast runner. She has some posters and information of famous Pokemon trainers, such as Misty, Lance, Red, Cynthia, ad some of the Elite Four. When she's alone, she's usually reading a book while listening to some music.

When in battle, Kimberly is pretty straightforward, and likes to have a strategic plan ready before hand. She's pretty tough and determined, too. If anything goes wrong, she'll do her best to change it on the spot, so you'll never know what might come your way. Sometimes, though, she is over-confident, and too offensive, but it often turns out fine. She might get a little proud sometimes, but it would wear off after some time. Defeat will only make her strive and train harder.

Pokémon: [Sam] Cloyster (M); [Camo] Leafeon (M); Gardevoir (F)

Other: Are we limited to only four moves per Pokemon like in the games? And when we roleplay our battles, how will we decide if the moves hit or not? Will it be sort of "give and take" situation? Also, om nom nom!
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

Alright, I'm going to start making the groups. I think we should have two groups, with 2-4 trainers each. Perhaps Group A can be Group B's rival, or something like that. Please do request to be in Group A or Group B, as everyone needs to be placed before we start. See the first post for more.

MuddyMudkip, you're very accepted. You may have a sizable number of attacks on your Pokémon, but I myself am staying true to the games and only giving them 4 or 5 each. Battles should play out anime style, as they normally do in RPs. So, if an Ice Beam hits Gabite square on, he's gonna die faint. If Pidgeot's flying and Steelix makes an Earthquake, logically it wouldn't hit. I could do this all day, but basically, the RP'ers will make it up as they go, not making their Pokémon invincible, but dodging and taking attacks when appropriate. This shouldn't have to be said, but I forgot to put it in the rules: No godmodding or powerplaying.

Blog Entries

And everyone can have their own specific rival, much like Star Fox vs Star Wolf.

Blog Entries

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Blog Entries

Name:
    Cole Jacobson

Appearance:
    Cole is slightly tall for his age, enough so that he gives off a slightly commanding aura. He is extremely thin, with no trace of fat anywhere on his body. You could literally count his ribs through his skin, and nearly every bone of his is visible from outside. No matter how much Cole eats, he never seems to put on much more weight or get any fatter. Believe me, he's tried. Cole has a slightly pale complexion that gets even paler when he's afraid. Because of Cole's thinness, his face appears slightly bony and prominent.

Cole has somewhat short dark brown hair. In the winter his hair appears black, although if you look closely you can see that it is still just an extremely dark brown. Cole's hair grows relatively fast in the front, so his eyes are normally covered a little by his hair. Cole does nothing to keep his hair out of his eyes, although as a small child he used to. Cole stopped once he realized how idiotic it looked to have his entire forehead exposed.

Cole has pure brown eyes that are several shades lighter than his hair. It's rumored that a single glare from Cole's eyes can quiet a whole room, although he tries his best to dispel these rumors. He's never said that it isn't true, though. Cole's eyes also almost radiate intelligence, and no one could ever guess how short-sighted he is. Cole normally wears contacts, although from time to time you might see him wearing glasses or neither.

As for clothing, Cole's attire is rather plain. He wears a white T-shirt and leather jacket, as well as slightly faded jeans that have seen a lot of use. He wears black and crimson running shoes, and has a watch on his left wrist.

Personality/Traits:
    Cole has a more... interesting personality than most, as you'll see.

Cole considers himself a bit of a loner, although he has met plenty of people more introverted than himself. He prefers the company of a book or his laptop to the company of a large group of people, and sometimes gets pretty short-tempered when in the middle of a large crowd, so be careful if you see him in public. Cole also has a bit of a silver tongue, and can manipulate people with words. However, this silver tongue turns to lead when Cole is afraid and acid when he's angry, giving the impression of three different personalities.

First, there's cunning, manipulative Cole Jacobson, modest and slightly charming, as well as mysterious. He generally stays away from crowds and stays calm in even the most dangerous situations. He's a good leader and pretty strategic for someone of his age, and can inspire confidence in those around him.

Second, there's quiet, quick-to-flee Cole. He generally tries to stay clear of any awkward situation and diverts attention from himself in any way possible, whether it's changing the subject or rushing into a different room for a few minutes. Because of this, Cole is considered slightly shady, always avoiding conversations when possible. Even when he has to talk, Cole tends to leave the actual talking to someone else, although he listens attentively.

Finally, there's bold, quick-tempered Cole. He gets carried away in conversations, which generally makes chitchat deteriorate slowly into an argument. This personality slightly enjoys conflict, and will listen in and laugh softly at any argument. This version of Cole is the rarest, as he tries to keep out of arguments of any kind.

Cole is mortally afraid of heights, although sometimes this fear drives him to explore the highest areas possible. Contradictory, I know. He is very noble, and will do anything to resolve most fights quickly. Cole has good leadership skills and is amazing at public speaking, but is, most of the time, too shy to let these two attributes show.

Pokémon:

Ninetales *Female* (Nicknamed 'Amber')

Arcanine *Male* (Nicknamed 'Glory')

Fearow *Male* (Nicknamed 'Conquest')

Lapras *Female* (Nicknamed 'Grace')

Jolteon *Male* (Nicknamed 'Stryke')

Other:
    Om nom nom. Also, the IV/V games I own and/or have access to are Diamond (Well, Diamond's my little brother's, but it was originally mine and I've played through it quite a few times), Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver (Same as Diamond), Black, and White. Yeah, I'm hardcore. That is, if hardcore is a word that can be used when describing Pokemon :D.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast