Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth (start-up)

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth (start-up)

"Alerting all VOC@LOIDs." hopeandjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth (start-up)

I'm tired.

But I don't want to sleep.

Because I don't want to die.

Please help me.

You could just crashed in your car. Maybe you're ill. For all I know, you're on death row.

But whatever the reason, you're dieing. And you're scared.

So you wish that you could still live.

But it doesn't work.

At least at first.

Who... Who are you?

Are you saving me?

Why?

You see a light, just like they always said you would. But within it, there is a strange goat-like creature saying he will save you.

On one condition.

But you can't remember anything after that.

...My head hurts.

...Who am I?

...Where am I?

You wake is a flowery field, but there is something different about you. You are what is called a "Pokémon", a strange, animal-like creature with the powers of nature and the supernatural. You remember nothing but your name, the fact that you should be human, the fact you should be dead, the bit of that conversation, and the sinking feeling that something bad is happening.

It is up to you to figure out the rest.

Who are you all?

Do you believe my story?

Yes?! It's the same with you?!

You are surrounded by five others with the same story as you.

You all decide to stick together, for your safety.

But when you move out you are attacked by other Pokémon, who are the same, yet so different, from you.

It is up to you to find out why.

The Sign-Up thread will still be used for big OOC announcements. Small bits of marked OOC are still allowed, however.

--------

It was what you would call a beautiful day. There were no clouds in the sky and a warm sun bathed the earth in its embrace. A gentle breeze washed over the world, making grasses and flowers say back and forth. Pokémon chatted with their friends and neighbors as they went on with their daily lives.

All that was about to change very fast.
    -------

A male groan could be heard emerging from a clump of grass. "Five more minutes, Mom..." it mumbled, turning over. However, it hit its head on the ground, awakening it with an "Ow!". Up floated a white Shuppet who blinked his eyes, slowing awakening. It paused for a brief moment before doing a quick loop-de-loop in the air. "Humans can't fly!" the Shuppet exclaimed. I, uh, think, he thought. In fact, that Shuppet couldn't remember much of anything.

The Shuppet frowned. Nothing. Why can't I remember anything? Then his eyes flew open wide in realization. He could remember a girl, scissors, and a stinging pain across his thoat. But there was nothing else.

"I should be dead..." the Ghost Pokémon muttered. "...Why aren't I?"

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth (start-up)

Across the field, another Pokemon lies on the ground as the wind blows a small flurry of leaves across the Kirlia's body. The Pokemon remains motionless on the ground, the disturbance not significant enough to fully awaken it.

Blog Entries

Warmth hit his skin, making him shift in his sleep. He mumbled softly, before snapping his eyes open as he heard the soft trill of an unknown bird. He stumbled to stand, panic welling up in his stomach. Wait a minute... four legs? He blinked, looking down with a stunned expression. Paws. And fur... what's going on? He looked back up, feeling his new body shift at the motion. "... Mommy?" He glanced around, ears flattening to his head as he realized he was in a clearing with a few clumps of grass here and there... but it was all new. Abnormal. Alien.
    A memory hit him that only made the panic swell, of glass and pain and then... nothing. Just black. Blue eyes widened as he watched his surroundings live on, like nothing had ever occured. Like he wasn't supposed to be...
    "Mommy!"

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

There is a single rock to his left, shaking violently...and then, out pops a Pokemon, shaking its head furiously...
    "Ugh..." he groans, then realized that he was coming out of a rock...
    "No. No no no. No...NO!!" he said, and slumped to the ground, breathing heavily, then creamed to the sky.
    "THIS CANNOT BE!! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME!!"
    He fell to the ground again, repeating this single word...
    "No...no...no..."

All of the sudden yelling across the field was suddenly enough to awaken the Kirlia, who opened his grey eyes slowly before starring up at the clear sky. Jordan lay still, taking in the sounds and feelings of the new environment.

Grass...why is there grass?

There was no grass in...

Wait, where...

Jordan sat up, looking around to find nothing but pure darkness before his crippled eyes.

Blog Entries

The Shuppet paused his quiet panicking after hearing a loud (and violent) shout. He floated over carefully to what appeared to be.. A rock with a spirit coming from it? The Shuppet hovered silently over the rock-spirit-thing debating whether or not to engage the angry spirit. It's too dangerous... one part of his mind argued. It's obviously agitated, and who knows what a spirit like that could do to me... But he might have an idea of what happened.

The Shuppet sighed, unsure of what to do. Oh, well. I guess I'll risk it. "Uh, mister?" he said carefully. "Are you okay?"

Blog Entries

His face turned towards him, eyes wide. Then, he towered over him, all but shouting
    "WHERE AM. I?! TELL ME NOW!!" he screamed imposingly, but the panic was clear in his eyes a nd hyperventilation.

Blog Entries

The Shuppet shrank down, eyes wide with fear. "I d-don't k-know!" he said, desperately trying to make himself appear as small as possible. "I-I-I was g-going to ask y-you th-that!" Brilliant idea, self.

Blog Entries

Zaar shoved him out of the way using telekinesis, then turned his back on the little ghost.
    "Don't look at me! This is insulting! This is a disgrace! This-" he said, but he noticed the red slash across his throat, and compared it with his own scar. Without turning around, he said this.
    "You were murdered, weren't you?"

Hearing the louder screams continue, Jordan began to stand up. "Hello," he shouted towards the noise. "Is someone over there?"

As Jordan stood, he found himself having trouble standing for the moment. Still unable to see what is around him, Jordan couldn't determine what was odd about his body.

Am I lighter? This is starting to bother me, everything here has something wrong with it.

I must've hit my head when I was last awake. Maybe whoever I'm walking to can tell me where I am.

But why is he outside in the middle of the night?

Blog Entries

Zaar notices the Kirlia walking towards him blindly.
    "Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, I'm hearing you. I'm coming towards you, right?"

In plain daylight, the Kirlia looked as though it was disoriented, though he gradually gained a sense of balance as he walked.

Blog Entries

"Barely. Good thing you're not deaf, too."
    He then noticed that the Kirlia was walking as if he was still human...
    "You think this is a dream, don't you? Hate to break it to you, but it isn't. You are human no longer."

"What? A dream?" By now Jordan had reached Zarr. "I hadn't exactly- wait, what? I'm not a human?

Jordan stepped back once, relating the unusual feel of his body to Zaar's explanation. It was the only thing to keep him from assuming Zaar's insanity, in fact. "What do you mean I'm not a human?"

Blog Entries

"So you think I'm insane, do you? DO YOU?!" shouted the spirit, and he flung himself into Jordan's mind, able to see his every memory...
    "I AM NOT INSANE!! YOU ARE A POKEMON, AND SO IS EVERYONE AROUND YOU!! SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES!!" he shouted inside the Kirlia's mind, and gave sight back to him. He then exited from the Kirlia's head breathing heavily.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast