Start Ups PMD: True Strength - Start Up - Page 37

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

OOC: I'm back! But i won't be visiting often. But i'll make sure to be a recurring minor character here.

Danny/Skourpi scattered from nowhere (the last time we saw him he was asking for help), asking "Hey, who missed me?" Everyone was puzzled. How did Skourpi survive after being lost, and escaping from a force of Darkri's nightmares? The other Pokemon friends said to ask what happended after the incident.

"Well, I fainted. But luckily, i had no money or items, so that was pretty normal. But I saw some strange Pokemon that looked like my dad, not my Pokemon dad, but a different dad. But which dad? It could've been the spirit, or something, or my imagination. But weirdly, I found myself in a small oasis island located near the volcano where i fainted. It had plenty of Apples, water, and some note. But this strange thing happend when i touched the note...

"BZZT! FLASH! SCKRIIIIINN!!!"

"...I saw a vision of a Drapion. He was with a Skourpi, and that Drapion made a note that lead to a secret chamber he knew under that oasis. He turned into a spirit that looked like a human and vanished...

"BRZZEEEE! SHHWMP! *fades to black*"

"...That Skourpi was me! The Drapion was my dad! He was alive from his near death! Maybe my mom who would've died in that accident with my dad could be alive too! But neverless, i found the chamber, and inside, there was...an Escape Orb. I used it. Angels sang and with a flash...I was at my home back at the town. I survived."

Everyone was amazed at how much he found his way home. Danny finnished off by saying, "But this means....I have the DIMMENSIONAL SCREAM!! So, what are we exploring for?"

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

OOC: @SquadalaGuy; This is going to be your last warning. You are godmodding, NPC-creating, and bunnying like crazy, and if you don't stop you will be kicked out without a second thought. You had no permission to control anyone's reactions, to have Darkrai involved, or to give yourself a dimensional scream, or to find random items.
    For the last time, this world does not work like a dungeon in the game. You don't lose your items when you faint unless someone steals them from you, you don't find stuff on the floor, and... This is really tiring. Last warning.

"Yay," the Scorpion Queen said, not particularly sounding enthusiastic, "We have something in common. Were you human, too? We- some of us, I mean- were human." As she finished, she heard the Skorupi telling everyone some strange story. "Great, you had a vision about your pokemon past, what we're kind of focusing on more right now is the human past stuff, and not destroying the world by remembering it, thanks. We're looking for Arceus' plates so all the parallel worlds aren't consumed in chaos, as you should know, and I suggest you stop your dimensional screaming before somebody's patience runs away from their hurting ears."
    The Scorpion Queen then turned back to the Archen and waited for an answer to her original question.
    Rose stood up and looked at Erika, smiling in her strangely empty way. "Hi, I'm Rose," she said, since she had just woken up and was unaware of any conversations already at hand.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

So she wasn't alone. Erika started to say "So, you mean-- . . ." but her voice trailed off as their conversation was interrupted. The Scorpion Queen scolded a Skourpi for some reason, and some things she said perplexed Erika: Apparently, the strange human/Pokemon duality wasn't completely unique to her. But the other things she said. . . .

The Scorpion Queen turned back to Erika and seemed to be awaiting a response. "Yes. . . I actually was human, too. And then I woke up a little while ago as an Archen, and I can't remember how that could've happened. . . ." She twitched her wings nervously. "Sorry to just drop in like this," (Erika got to use the pun that she thought of a few moments ago without meaning to) "But, do you know anything about this?"

Erika noticed a Pikachu stir. It introduced it self as Rose. "Um, hello. My name is Erika." She wasn't completely sure how to respond to this sudden greeting, but a split-second decision made her try to diffuse her own awkwardness by turning to make it seem like she was addressing everybody. "Erika Smith, if you hadn't heard. I mean . . . yeah." Curse myself.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"All we know is that we're in an alternate world from where we were as humans, and also... Uh, if we remember too much stuff about our human pasts, the entire balance of the worlds could collapse and erase us and the worlds from existence, or otherwise mess up everything." The Scorpion Queen informed her. "No pressure or anything."
    "And we have a problem in this world," Willow added. "Oh- my name's Willow. But the problem is that Darkrai's been causing chaos all over the place, and the only one who can stop him is Arceus, who sealed him away long ago but fell into a deep sleep in the process, scattering his plates all over the world. Darkrai broke free, so we are retrieving the plates. We currently have two and know the locations of two more. We're hoping to find out more about how the humans like you became pokemon and got here along the way. I wasn't ever a human," she added.
    "Yeah, except finding out anything will destroy us all, so it's kind of a half-hoping... Or something. We're mainly focusing on helping get Arceus because that's the only thing we can really do without causing destruction of-" The Scorpion Queen was interrupted by her Phanpy.
    "I have to recommend focusing more on the 'no pressure' part," she said quickly and a little nervously. "I'm Jenny."
    Links to stuff.

"No pressure or anything."
    To the Scorpion Queen's first explanation, Erika intelligently responded "Um. . . ." So she shouldn't try too hard to remember her actual life. Maybe she'd nearly destroyed everyone just by trying to remember what she had for breakfast? If this was all true, it would be best not to think about that.
    Erika nodded vaguely when Willow introduced herself, and hardly moved afterwards. She basically understood everything that they were saying, but it was a lot to take in.
    "I have to recommend focusing more on the 'no pressure' part," Said the Phanphy. "I'm Jenny."
    "Um, okay." Said Erika, her face slightly paler than usual. " . . . W-what will be our next move, then? I mean, if I may even join you guys. . . ." She hoped that doing something would clear her head a little. After all, she didn't believe these Pokemon were lying, or even misguided, but this new information was still sinking in at this point. No thinking much about your human past.
    Okay, should I try to just be an Archen, then?
    No, I don't want to forget who I was completely. I'll just try to focus on what's going on in this world for now.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Where we're going? That would be west," the Scorpion Queen replied. "That's where our next destination lies, in the Shifting Desert."

Max listened to their conversation from his corner. "Humans?" he whispered. "I am not human. Not anymore, not now. In the past, yes, and perhaps in the future, but now we are pokemon." He stared off into space, as if he was talking to himself. "Yet I can't help but feel as if I'm intruding on something by inhabiting this body... As if it belongs to someone else...!" He suddenly looked around at them, alternating eye contact with whoever was looking at him. "We all remember our pasts as pokemon, don't we? And all of these pasts must correspond with real things that happened in this world. This world is a parallel world to the one we come from, so does that mean that the pokemon we have become really existed before we came here... which means these bodies used to belong to actual pokemon who inhabited this world!"

"Um... That's a pretty intense theory you have there..." The Scorpion Queen muttered. "You mean to say this is someone else's body?"
    "The body of your parallel self," he replied. "Though I don't know if it's true, the more I think about it, the more it feels right. Do you feel at all detached...?"
    "No. You think we'd hear voices, too? Anyway, you're the Emanation Pokemon. You're the most likely to feel anything like that anyway. I'd rather not think about it, both for the sake of the balance and for my conscience. I could never live with myself if I thought I was using someone else's body... you know?"
    Max flinched when she spoke about voices. Could it be that... He thought, remembering the voice he had been hearing a while ago. But it hasn't come up for a while...
    Well, well, well... Aren't you a little detective.

OOC: Don't know where I'm going with this, if only just occurred to me really, but if you want to hear the voice of the pokemon you're inhabiting at some point, by all means feel free. If anyone's got any other ideas to make the RP interesting, please let me know. It's usually somewhat boring in between main areas.
    Even if you don't want to hear voices, well you know, you all at least have something to make your character think about. A good way to develop your character is to see how they act about something unusual like this.
    Links to stuff.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dylan sat back down shortly after Erika and the Scorpion Queen started their conversation, and was half-listening throughout. That is, until Max threw out a completely farfetched theory.
    Or is it really that farfetched...?
    Dylan was somewhat curious, but there was no way for him to find out if it was true or not. He wasn't a human, or a former human, or something that had to do with humans or whatever. Then again, if what Max said was true, there was a human form of himself somewhere in a parallel world. The complexity of the situation made his head hurt. I should stop thinking about it... He thought, even though a small part of him wanted to know more.
    In an attempt to get his mind off it, he pulled out his sculpture and resumed working on it. He started to carve out the finer details. Even though it looked like him, it still was in a rough state. During this time, he never once looked at the back of the sculpture -- the back of himself.
    Last edited by JustAnotherLeafeon; 21st April 2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I was being a grammar nazi.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

"Okay, the desert. . . ." When the Scorpion Queen began to address someone else, Erika decided to sit down for a moment. She rested on her ankles, and as she saw Archen do many times, tucked her nose under her wing, and wrapped her tail around herself. Without meaning to, she drifted off into a half conscious daze. She realized what was going on, but decided that taking a five-minute nap while no-one need her might help clear her head, though she vaguely tried to listened to what was being said.

OOC: Ah, me and my character are on the same quest now: Get some dang sleep.
    Sorry if this post is lamer than usual. Hopefully next time, though, I'll be able to stop with this lack-of-sleep rubbish.

Blog Entries

OOC: Well, i think i suck in this RPG. Plz find some way to make me die and something sad, well, i'm not god-modding since i will QUIT. And i will not make myself a PMD RPG, with blackjack and hookers. I'll forget the hookers and blackjack, then screw the whole thing...or will i? (evil laughter) Maybe. So i quit. Can you (if you can if that is allowed) make a death scene for me so i won't go back to the real world (in-game)? Thank you. AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: Okay. Good bye. If you ever feel like you want to come back and you can do better, you can post a new SU. In the meantime, I'll just use your character's death to support a subplot point I just created. I hope at some point we can come into contact again under better circumstances.

Max looked around at everyone, assessing their reactions silently. Suddenly, as the Emanation Pokemon, he received a huge wave from Danny, the Skorupi. He turned to see the purple pokemon trembling. Rose was staring at him with wide eyes, unsure of what to think, while Willow asked, "Are you okay?"
    But no reply was given as the other pokemon shook even harder.
    Max's head was hurting as the Skorupi gave off an aura that made him feel like two people were arguing with loud yelling and he was right in between them. This went on for at least a minute, then the Skorupi fell limp and it stopped. He stared at the suddenly dropped pokemon with the most emotion that had shown in his eyes for the entire trip- horror.
    "What just happened?" Willow whispered.
    Max was the one to respond. "He had an argument with himself... over his body. He was shaking because the control kept flipping as they were wrestling mentally, and then it... completely overwhelmed the capabilities of his mind. One brain isn't meant for two souls. He... He died."
    Rose backed away slowly from the dead Skorupi, and she spun, dropped to all fours, and ran away from everyone, disappearing behind some rocks.
    The Scorpion Queen stared with wide eyes. "You can't be serious..." She turned and looked at Max. "You can't... We can't have come all this way just to be told we can suddenly die because of an ARGUMENT!!" She growled, then turned back to Danny. "You... Why'd you have to die?! Dammit, WHY?!"
    "Because these aren't our bodies..." Max was staring at his paws, trembling slightly with the horror of what had just happened and the feelings he was now receiving.
    "Are you trying to tell me that if some pokemon in my brain tells me, 'hey give my body back,' I should just hand it over and stop being me?!" The Scorpion Queen was giving off her sadness as anger.
    "If you don't want to die like that..." Max closed his eyes. "We should find a place with dirt and bury him. There's nothing more we can do for him..."

Willow felt her stomach turn inside out. She started to walk away. "I... I'll meet you all in a bit... I... I... I'll go find... Rose..." She left them. She didn't want them to see the only actual adult there crying, even if she hadn't exactly acted like the only adult.
    Links to stuff.

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Edit: Matthew turned away from the dead Skorupi and the rest of the group. This was too much to handle. Not only was he now a Pokemon, and had to travel with a bunch of strange Pokemon he didn't know, but now he had to fear a Nidoran inside him that could cause his death at any minute if he had an argument with it. He cried a bit. Obviously he wasn't getting any sleep tonight, either.
    Last edited by ImperialSunlight; 28th April 2013 at 07:56 PM.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: It's already morning, though.

Rose came running back to the group with no warning. Her ears were showing the normal-Pikachu pattern like they did when she was releasing negative feelings, but she stopped before she got to them. She was at the perfect distance; she was within earshot but out of range of most kinds of attacks, both ways. Rose looked at them with the most calm serious look that she had given anyone in years. "I'm hoping not to attack anyone right now," she said, and her voice made everything else she had ever said seem like they had been spoken with a fake voice. "Knock on wood. I wanted to say that I'm sorry for anything that happens because of me." She walked towards them slowly, and as she came closer it became apparent that there were tears on her face and her voice was shaking. "And thank you." She reached them, and she intentionally kept her gaze away from the dead Skorupi laying on the ground. She looked around at them, and she paused for just a moment when her sight reached Dylan. "It's a little ironic, I guess, that I wanted to say it when I'm in control of my own body but the only chance I get is when it's not the right time to say it... But your sculpture actually is really good. I think it'll end up amazing." Willow appeared as well, watching Rose as she came forward. The Pikachu continued, turning to Max now. "Two souls fighting over one mind can get them killed, is that what you said...?" She coughed. "I'd better stop resisting, then." She flinched, her ears resumed their strange patterns, and she smiled emptily once again. For some reason, the smile looked strangely sinister for a moment. "I shouldn't say such things," she said with a grin, "Someone might think I want to get past the barrier."
    There was a moment of silence.
    "How did she just do that?" The Scorpion Queen asked Willow in a whisper that was still scarred from the Skorupi's death.
    "Her curse absorbs all negative feelings, including sadness," Willow replied. "If she is put in danger, it activates her anger as a form of defense, but I suppose seeing... that... triggers a different sort of reaction by overriding her wall of sadness and causing it to flood. And for some reason, that was how her show of sadness worked, though I don't know why... she was so calm... but that was definitely her, the real one."
    Links to stuff.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was all Dylan could do not to scream. Everything that just happened -- the dead Skorupi due to a battle within his own mind and the real Rose appearing, giving him a complement, then dissapearing again -- was almost too much for him to comprehend, and the warring feelings didn't help. Happiness, sadness, relief, tension; all of them creating a swirling torrent in his mind. He curled up into a ball and took a deep, shuddering breath in an attempt to isolate himself and organize his thoughts and feelings.
    The Skorupi's death was indeed sudden, and perhaps even proved the theory that there are multiple souls in the Pokemon who claim to be... no, who were once human. And this surely is more traumatic for them, for now they know if the two souls can't get along with each other, the end result is death. DEATH. True, Dylan wasn't worried as much, for he wasn't a human in the past. However, the death has staggered him. Although he didn't know the Skorupi much, the pain of a death was still there, and the sadness settled in.
    And then there was the Rose situation, which seemed to take priority over the Skorupi. Even though her curse broke for a moment again, there was definitely something different. Firstly, she didn't attempt to go on a murderous rampage, which was a good thing. Secondly, it seemed as though the real Rose had somehow gained control instead of some bloodthirsty demon, which was also a good thing. But the thing that hit home was the fact that the real Rose, during her brief appearance, went out of her way to complement him on his sculpture. She could have talked to anyone else, but she chose to talk to him while she had control. Normally, he would just say "thanks" and that would be the end of it. But this... this was completely different. Every part of the situation played a factor in how much he took that complement to heart.
    The ground beneath him was beginning to be stained by tears, and a smile appeared on his face.
    He lifted up his head and stared at Rose. "T-thank you.. Rose..." he said to Rose, attempting to speak directly to the true soul trapped within her. He then looked over at the dead Skorupi. The tears came a bit faster, but not a word was spoken as he curled back up into a ball in an attempt to ride out the wave of emotions ravaging his mind. I-I just need some time alone... He thought of saying, but didn't due to the fact that if he did open his mouth he would probably scream instead.

OOC: Aaaand emotions. My goal was to try to emulate Dylan's mindset as best as I can, and I think I accomplished that in this wall of text. Oh, the feels.
    Last edited by JustAnotherLeafeon; 28th April 2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Fixing typos and some formatting.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

OOC: Alright, i admit that i'm sorry. I can't join again can I with my same Pokemon, right? Is there a way to build excitement by making my old Pokemon back from the dead? I'll try to be more of a good guy this time. If not, i'll quit. Because i'm not making another Pokemon.
    My Running Gags:
    -Showing that I hate Eevee and co.

-My wacky thoughts expressed in big/small font

-The mentioning of Canadian 'adult model' Bryci

-Puns and Jokes that no-one will guess

-My bets (that I actually never bet on, ironicaly)

-And everything else I do that is funny.

Blog Entries

Talon, Walking behind them, noticed the commotion. Even Plasmina turned around, swinging the Plate in her hands. Talon ran up and picked up the corpse. "Should we bury it?" he inquired.

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast