Start Ups PMD: True Strength - Start Up - Page 36

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

Dylan, too, was starting to feel the heat. Not wanting to say any longer, he gave one last farewell to the Uxie and proceeded to the moth of the cave.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

The Scorpion Queen hopped over the lava with the stepping stone and proceeded to make a circle around the moat-like river wider than the river's own circle. Assuming the others were following, she got all the way to the other side where the sun was setting over the horizon. It was a rather rocky place, and though she couldn't find any actual caves, she did see a spot that provided a wide area of shelter that should fit all of them. Pointing it out, she said, "Does that look like a good place to sleep? I don't see any better options..."
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Blog Entries

Once Dylan had caught up from his usual back-of-the-pack position, he saw the area the Scorpion Queen had pointed out. "Y-yeah, that should do fine," he said, and almost immediately found a spot for himself and sat down. He was kind of glad to be alone with his own thoughts, not needing to do anything. He opened his bag and pulled out his wood sculpture and the quick claw that he used to carve it. It was just like it was when he had left it -- a rough shape of a Wartortle, which would eventually become himself. He took a deep sigh. It's just you and me now, he thought at the sculpture and, drowning out the world around him, resumed working on it.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Rose walked up behind Dylan, curious about his carving. "That's cute! Is it you?"

The Scorpion Queen, satisfied with at least one agreement and not caring to wait for any more, found a little place to curl up to the side, and Max sat in a corner, as usual.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

Dylan was startled by Rose sneaking up on him, but luckily he didn't jump for the results of that would have potentially been disastrous. "Y-yeah. Well, it will be..." he told her. "I haven't put a lot of the details in." He looked at Rose, the memory of her outburst still somewhat fresh in his mind. I know that it probably won't happen here, but still... Dylan felt uneasy, but he tried to hide it. And although he would be somewhat glad to get a complement, knowing how Rose is sort of nulled any effect. What does she really think...? He sort of used this anxiety to his advantage, carving a gash into the back of the carving's shell. It was the identifying factor of Dylan, and with that all the rough details were complete. "Oh, and t-thanks for the complement."

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Mm-hm. You deserve it," she replied, her voice and smile still as emptily cheerful as ever. Then, she stepped back, but as she was about to turn and find a place to sleep, she hissed something inaudible. She stood there for a second or two afterwards, and for just a split second her blank expression seemed to show actual happiness, somehow. But in a moment it was gone; she shook her head, back to blankness, and went to find a place to sleep.
    Willow glanced at her casually. "What was that you said?" She asked quietly.
    "I said Dylan's sculpture was good," Rose replied.
    "No, after that," Willow said.
    "I... I said..." Rose looked slightly confused, as if she was having trouble remembering just what she said or why she had said it. "I said, 'Stop saying what I want to say. Those are my words, and they shouldn't come out of my mouth when you're the one using it.'"

Once everyone had eventually settled down and gotten to sleep, the night soon passed and the first hint of light became visible at sunrise. Still half-asleep, the Scorpion Queen began to whisper-hum a strange tune. After a minute, Max joined the Zorua in the humming, neither pokemon fully awake, but both seeming to know the tune.
    Max was the first of the two to wake up, and he stared at the Zorua as if she was doing something horrifying. "How do you know that song?" He said in a low growl.
    The Scorpion Queen blinked and stared at him. "What?"
    "The song you were humming..." He whispered angrily, "How do you know it?!"
    "Um... It's a song I made up," she said, glaring at him. She really didn't like getting up early, whether the world was at stake or not.
    "Liar!"
    "I should know what I made up. When I was human, I sang it in a few different towns as a street performer because I needed money," she muttered.
    Max stared at her for a while. "Bright Idea," he replied. It sounded like a complement on the song, but the Scorpion Queen's eyes widened.
    "Max...? There was one kid in the crowd who wanted me to sing it again and again and again... A little kid who went by the name of Max. I ended up singing it three times in a row just for that one kid. That was you, wasn't it? There couldn't be any other way you knew my old name."
    "Yeah..." Max stared off into space.
    "Then, after I left, I read in the news that... Oh, my gosh... I'm so sorry...!"
    Max looked at her. He seemed furious and shocked. "Never... say that! Ever!!!"
    Links to stuff.

[Meanwhile, after a somewhat painful segue . . .]

Erika blinked at the faint light, and the world started to shift into focus. She was on top of a large boulder at the base of a mountain. At first something seemed to be blocking her vision near the center of her face, but it kept obstructing her view no matter how she moved her head. After a few seconds, she realized that it was a snout. Her snout. Well, duh. part of her brain told her, as though this was perfectly normal, even though she didn't totally think it was.

She got up to her feet, and realized that she could only stand on her toes (which was made even weirder by the fact that she felt stiff, like she hadn't moved in a long time). She also had a long tail to balance her thrust-forward posture, and was covered in feathers. She was an Archen. Wh-what? She knew all about Archen, and used to care for them at the lab, but she never was one! Erika tried to remember what had happened before she fell asleep, yet when ever she remembered anything (which was usually something relatively unhelpful, like eating dinner), it was fuzzy. But her brain was invaded by memories she didn't realize she had before; memories that made it seem as though she'd been an Archen her whole life.

Apparently, she had gotten attacked by Pokemon looking for food, and wound up lost. Exactly what led up to her being on top of a boulder was blurry, but she figured she must have climbed it before . . . turning into a Pokemon? She felt dazed. None of this is making any sense. I know I should be a human! She thought she might be dreaming, since it was common for her to accept something strange as real like this when she was asleep, but this seemed more real than any dream she could recall.

Erika walked to the edge of the rock, and looked around. It was pretty dark, but the sun was coming up. She realized she could faintly see a color she'd never seen anywhere in her life, which, knowing the range of colors Archen had been observed to perceive, she figured out must be ultraviolet. Being an Archen might be pretty cool, She thought, in spite of herself. For a while, she listened to the songs played by Kricketune, feeling too drowsy to think. This was a familiar sound, but it sounded a bit different now, like they had lyrics Erika had never bothered to learn.

Eventually, though, Erika started to hear voices of other Pokemon. They sounded somewhat serious, but she hoped that maybe these people might help her figure out what was going on if she talked to them, mainly since she didn't have any other leads. "Hello?" She mumbled, nervously. She didn't think anyone would hear that. She wasn't completely sure she truly wanted to attract the attention of strangers, but eventually her curiosity got the best of her, and she called again, louder this time. She wanted to go investigate, but first she had to get off the boulder. She quickly convinced herself to let her Archen brain take over, and jumped off the ledge and fluttered (exhaustingly) to the ground. What a rush! she thought, both her human thought process and her Archen instincts agreeing with each other.

And she set off towards the noise. She felt strangely pleased with herself for making the leap, which managed to muddle her drowsy brain even more.

OOC: Sorry if I'm being a little weird with the details, since this is my first time trying this. And speaking of drowsy brains, maybe I ought to be heading to bed shortly.

Blog Entries

OOC: No worries. And welcome to the RP!

Dylan awoke with a jolt, fear momentarily gripping him. A quick look around dispelled any of that. He had fallen asleep with his quick claw and carving still in his hand. After rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he went over to put them away and pull out a berry to munch on. As he was doing that, though, he saw that the Scorpion Queen and Max were also up, and Max seemed to be yelling at the Scorpion Queen. Anger rose slightly inside him, but he quelled it quickly. It's probably just something between the two of them... nothing to worry about. He took a bite of the berry he pulled out of his bag and quietly made his way over to the Scorpion Queen. "H-hey," he whispered, trying not to wake the others, "A-any idea when we're leaving? I-I mean, I'm fine if we stay here for a while. I was just wondering..."

Oh look. A deviantART.

OOC: Alright, thanks! Sorry if I'm a bit late. I wanted to see if anyone else would post, but I guess I could have tried this sooner, anyway.

Erika had trotted only about thirty feet (from her perspective) before reaching a wide dip in the ground. She stood on the edge of a pebbly slope to look down, and saw a Riolu and a Zorua in what was starting to sound like a heated conversation, along with a Wartortle approaching them. Well, there they are. She thought. Erika fidgeted a bit, trying to think of the best way to announce her presence. Fortunately, her luck took care of that for her: she accidentally kicked a small stone, which dislodged two more stones, which dislodged some more, and more still, until the whole talus collapsed, sending Erika crashing down with it in a small, noisy rock slide. The tumbling pebbles scattered everywhere upon reaching more solid ground, but didn't cause any further problems. Erika, who was unable to produce any lift with her wings, smashed into the ground a bit painfully. "Ow . . ." she moaned, now hoping more than ever that these Pokemon were friendly.

Blog Entries

OOC: No worries. Post droughts are somewhat common in this RP, and xelda said she can only be on a few times a week.

All of a suddun, a small rock slide occurred. Dylan jumped at the sudden loud noise.As the dust cleared, he saw an Archen laying the ground, moaning. Dylan quickly made his way over to her. "A-are you ok?" he asked, trying to put on a friendly face and hide his insecurities.

Oh look. A deviantART.

OOC: Oh, okay.

At the sound of the Wartortle's voice, Erika opened one eye and looked around. "Umm . . ." She replied to him. She lay there for a moment before struggling to her feet. "Yeah, I think. . . ." Her arms, legs, and tail seemed to work, though she had broken a primary feather. She shook her head and looked the Wartortle in the eyes with both eyes for the first time. "Thank you. Sorry to interrupt. I'm just . . . a bit lost."

Blog Entries

"O-oh..." Dylan said, glancing away, then smiling. "T-to be honest, I don't really know where we're headed either. Heh." He looked back at the Archen. "M-maybe you should talk to the Scorpion Queen. S-she's the Zorua over there. You could ask to come with us... I-if you don't know where you came from, that is..."He looked away again, and silence followed. You're just making this more awkward for yourself. Just say something. Be polite. DO something. He took a deep breath, calming his nerves. "Um, by the way, m-my name's Dylan," he finally managed to say and stuck out his hand, hesitating in the middle for a moment. Just be nice, like she said you should be... It shouldn't hurt, right?

Oh look. A deviantART.

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Matthew slept with the other Pokemon on the ground. Or he tried to. He was so confused after today's events. Not only had he been turned into a Pokemon, but he was now on some kind of journey with a bunch of other Pokemon to collect these plates. It was bizarre, confusing and frightening for him. And then there's the other Pokemon. There are so many of them, and he knew so little about them. How could he trust them? He shivered as he desperately tried to get some sleep.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

The Scorpion Queen seemed to notice the Archen for the first time upon hearing her own name. "We're going west. But what you said, you're lost, what do you mean? Lost how?" She asked, narrowing her eyes slightly. "Lost as in you wandered off or... lost as in you woke up somewhere and you don't know how you got there?"
    "It happened to us," Jenny added drowsily, wanting to explain the odd question asked by her former trainer. "In a forest way over somewhere... Uh..."
    Max seemed to gradually move backwards until he was in the shadow of a rock while they spoke, his red eyes seeming to almost glow as he watched them silently.
    Links to stuff.

The stammering turtle stood at least a head taller than Erika, but seemed reasonably friendly, considering she had literally dropped in on him and his friends like that, for which she was grateful. The Wartortle paused, and for a second, she wondered if he meant anything by "If you don't know where you came from," seeing as how she had just woken up as an almost-secondarily-flightless therapod, and she was pretty sure she hadn't been one yesterday. But before she thought to ask, the Wartortle continued; "Um, by the way, m-my name's Dylan," he said, and held out his hand. Erika clasped it in her own wing, and shook it. "Okay, thanks. I'm Erika."

Erika turned to the Scorpion Queen, and almost opened her mouth when the Zorua said "We're going west. But what you said, you're lost, what do you mean? Lost how? Lost as in you wandered off or... lost as in you woke up somewhere and you don't know how you got there?" The Phanphy next to her added "It happened to us, in a forest way over somewhere... Uh..." Said Phanphy sounded pretty drowsy, which Erika could empathise with. Though whether she should still feel this tired after waking up, or if that was due to her writer not managing to get a good night's sleep since before he joined, and his general inexperience, Erika wasn't sure.

"Lost as in you wandered off or... lost as in you woke up somewhere and you don't know how you got there?" "It happened to us," Wow, that summed up Erika pretty well. She tried to look surprised (not because she wasn't, but because facial expressions can be hard to pull off as an Archen). "I, um, actually . . . the latter. I don't know how I got here."

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast