Start Ups PMD: True Strength - Start Up - Page 26

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

"Y-yeah, I do." Dylan said to Max. "And, my name's Dyllan, by the way." Idiot. Why didn't you think of that in the first place? he yelled at himself, and tried to score a Yawn on Rose, keeping his distance. If I end up a target... I'm pretty much screwed.

OOC: Short entry is short
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

Rose, who had been about to run at Max with a Quick Attack, suddenly slowed down and caught the Yawn that Dylan had performed. She yawned herself, as the attack would normally have it, and then turned form Max to face Dylan. Her movements were sluggish and her eyelids were drooping, but she was looking at Dylan as if about to attack him. Then she just dropped, flopping directly onto the ground very suddenly, and it was clear that she was now asleep. Her ear patterns went back to their unique state.
    Willow had somehow managed to reach into her bag and eat both an Oran Berry and a Cheri Berry in between her fits of paralysis, and her vines came out of her neck as she saw Rose fall asleep. The vines were noticeably injured from the electric attack Rose had hit her with before, but she acted like she didn't feel them. She lifted Rose from the ground, far more gently this time than before. "She'll be back to her usual self when she wakes up... I suppose you all deserve an explanation of what just happened, so I might as well tell you. You'd have found out soon enough anyway.
    "Rose is cursed," Willow went on. "That's why she's overly optimistic; basically, her mind rejects every negative emotion that she should be feeling and instead, they all just build up. Then, when she is in danger- and for the curse that had a very broad meaning, so even if she wouldn't think it was dangerous it might still be considered so-, she just releases every negative feeling that she can as she's felt up to that point. That's why her attacks are far more powerful than they should be- it's a rush of adrenaline. It's supposed to be a 'defense mechanism' but it really just results in her trying to kill everything in sight. She has come far too close to killing a pokemon more than once before, and that just adds to the stress that builds up inside her. Sometimes it's too much- she'll go too long without exploding- and she'll start fighting with herself inside her mind- I think you've seen that before... Her ear patterns symbolize the curse, and they go to that of a normal Pikachu when she releases negative emotions because essentially what is happening at those time is that the curse is leaving her for a short time, which means it drops its hold on the negative emotions, letting them out... And, well... that's all I know."
    "So you... you're absolutely sure she'll be back to normal once she wakes up?" The Scorpion Queen asked.
    "I wouldn't exactly call it 'normal,' but yes, her ears have reverted to the curse pattern."
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Blog Entries

Dylan let out a sigh of relief after he almost attacked. That was too close... he thought. Dylan stared at Rose, asleep on the ground. "I-I'm glad no one got hurt..." he said aloud to basically everyone and no one at once. But... even after Willows explanation about the curse and all, his mind was still reeling, still curious. There were questions coming in and out of his mind, but there was one that bugged him the most. "U-uhm, Willow? I-is there any way that the curse could be... you know... lifted?" he asked hesitantly.

OOC: I think that's a record for longest post in this RP, lol.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: Nope, Glaceon still holds that title with this one XD

Willow turned to Dylan. "Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question, and I doubt Rose does either, though she might know other information about it that I don't know that could help find a way to lift it," she told him.
    A moment later, Rose twitched, and her eyes opened. Willow set her down on the ground and she looked around at everyone. At first she seemed dazed, but after a moment, her face snapped into a grin. The smile looked painfully forced, though it was now known that she was struggling the other way- she didn't want to smile.
    "At least everyone's okay," she said, automatically saying the most optimistic thing possible. "I'm happy for that!"
    "I told them about what happened," Willow said softly. "Is there anything I don't know that you want to add?"
    "Um, umm...?" Rose hummed, thinking. "Oh! It was Darkrai."
    "What?!" The Scorpion Queen gasped.
    "Darkrai!" Rose continued to smile. "I thought he was more nice than he really is, so since he's a legendary, I made a wish to always be happy because happy is good. Except Darkrai specializes in nightmares, and my worst nightmare would be to kill someone. So he granted my wish, but also made me more likely to kill someone!" By the end of the sentence, her smile had been flickering, but it went back to normal after a few seconds. "And he also gave me these nice patterns on my ears. Isn't he nice? He said sorry for the nightmare part."
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

OOC: Ah. Indeed he does.

"Wait. Darkrai?!" Dylan exclaimed, once again shocked. Rose just gets more and more confusing... thought Dylan, his mind once again asking questions. But then his mouth started to move before he realized it: "We have to find him." He stood there awkwardly. And I just said that didn't I? Idiot. Thinking quickly, he tried to save himself from any strange looks. "I-I mean, we could kill two birds with one stone, you know. I-if we find him, we could get to the bottom of this whole Rose thing AND he may tell us the location of a plate, if not several." I hoped I saved it... I don't really want to be back to how it was... he thought in the back of his mind

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

The Scoprion Queen looked at him, then stated in her own blunt way, "If Arceus-most powerful pokemon ever- got himself fallen asleep last time he sealed Darkrai away, and Darkrai still got free, and he's causing chaos, do you really think a group of kids-" Willow looked at her strangely "-is going to get information and a cure-curse out of Darkrai without at least having Arceus with them?" Now she, too, regretted her words. She hadn't meant to sound so rude or serious, or to ridicule Dylan, but she figured that was exactly what she'd done. Hopefully the situation was serious enough that nobody would care...? "Look, I... I mean, it just wouldn't be all that wise to confront Darkrai with our current position, maybe we should wait until we know more and have more experience. Also, there's the three places on the tablet and each of those should have a plate... Besides, we don't have a lead on where he actually is anyway, so maybe getting the plates we know the locations of would be a good start? Um..." She now just felt like a jerk. She could tell that this Wartortle was a bit insecure, even being the non-empathetic pokemon she was.
    "I... Sorry..." she said, not looking him in the eyes.
    Links to stuff.

Suddenly, a small Bonsly walked up. He looked around slowly at the gathered Pokemon and tried to say something interesting and exciting to get these strangers to like him but couldn't think of anything to say.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Rose was the first to notice the newly appeared pokemon. "Hello!" She called to him happily.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

Talon was lying on the ground, thoughts flowing like water in a storm.
    I am a Pokémon.
    No, I am a human.
    I remember hatching, traveling, walking, ...
    But one thought stands out: I am a human, and I like cupcakes.
    But you are a Pokemon.

This was true, he was a Kirlia. There was nothing too abnormal about him. Yet, he felt too short. His hair was too long and feminine. He decided that he would act like a Pokemon, but never lose the thought that he was a human. "Hey, what's that?" Said a female, distorted voice. Talon opened his eyes. There. A floating ball of plasma. No, wait, a fan. No, a fridge. These things seemed familiar to him, yet he felt they shouldn't. "Hi, I'm Plasmina," said the now stable ball of energy, who he recoginized as a Rotom. "Talon," he replied. He knew that distinctly. He needed to clear his head. He thought he heard voices somewhere. "Come on." he stated. "Okay," replied Plasmina cheerfully.

Blog Entries

"O-oh, no. It's fine," Dylan said to the Scorpion Queen. "Y-you made a valid point. I wasn't quite thinking straight, to be honest." He smiled, sort of giggling. "Now that I think about it, it was kind of farfetched." Don't worry about it. She is obviously sorry she yelled at you.
    Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Rose moving towards a Bonsly. Doesn't surprise me, Dylan thought, ignoring the confrontation. He pulled a berry from his bag and started to munch on it to pass the time.
    Last edited by JustAnotherLeafeon; 22nd February 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Brain Derp

Oh look. A deviantART.

"Hi", he said to the small Pikachu. "My name is, (think of something cool, Axel? Nah. Um... Rocky!)Rocky, yeah." He hoped they would like him. They looked strong, they could protect him until he became human again.

Blog Entries

Talon walked in on the conversation. "Who are you?" he questioned. "YEAH! WHO ARE YOU!" Plasmina shouted, transforming in Wash Forme and pointing her hose at the group. "Plasmina, please don't-" this scared her and she unleashed a Hydro Pump.

OOC: told you she was chaotic.

Blog Entries

"Hm?" Dylan looked over at whoever was yelling, just in time to see the hydro pump barreling towards him. "Wha--!" Was all he managed to say before getting hit by it, knocking him backwards, dislodging the snack from his hand, and spilling the contents of his bag. Not again... he thought, looking at the scattered berries. But who... He glanced over at the source and saw a Rotom and a Kirlia. "T-that was uncalled for..." he managed to tell to the Rotom, who he had determined did it, and went about picking up his berries and eating the one he had. I hope that was just an accident...

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Hi! I'm Rose-" she barely missed getting hit by the Hydro Pump. She turned to the Rotom that had just launched the attack, and her smile twisted into some bizarre, corrupt expression. "No no, don't shoot me with that, it could be bad for your health... and also for the fact that you're alive," Rose said, then went back to her sweet smile. "Hi, I'm Rose! Lots of new pokemon! What's your name?"
    Links to stuff.

Chris was primarily silent towards everyone and remained in deep thought about exactly what they were meant to do.

So; if we find Darkrai, he'll probably help us find the Plates, but, if not (if he's far more truculent towards us than what we expected), we'll probably need some kind of escape plan. I still need to know what everything on Autumn's map to get a decent understanding about where are and how we're going to find them or know the locations in which the others are. Maybe I could talk with her and ask, but it's her responsibility. She might not be supposed to share much of what she knows with anyone else, so I'm not entirely sure about what any of us are supposed to do... I'll just ask her tonight.

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast