Start Ups PMD: True Strength - Start Up - Page 23

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

Default Re: PMD: True Strength - Start Up

Chris got up; he was shocked out of his sleep by the Riolu who had a scar near his eye and the Shuppet while they walked around outside on a late perambulation. He hovered silently to ensure he wouldn't wake anyone else up. He headed further into the cavern to follow Max beside Corey as he noiselessly observed the Riolu's odd actions. The Fighting-type nearly appeared to be somnambulant; if he didn't believe otherwise, he would have thought the Emanation Pokémon's consciousness and willpower weren't with him.
    Last edited by Truly Deceptive; 24th January 2013 at 09:27 PM.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

OOC: Actually, they're heading deeper into the cave, not outside. Just so you know...

While on any other occasion he would have sensed the two presences behind him, Max was focused too much on whatever was ahead of him to pay enough attention to notice them. They walked for a long while before reaching a dead end to the narrow tunnel, and upon a pedestal lay a long, flat, dark brown object. Max stared at it for a full minute, though the suspense made it seem much longer, before reaching out to it. He lifted the object, which was oddly light in weight but only to him, and suddenly his senses came back. He spun around, still holding the thing, and stared into the darkness of the cave, knowing there was someone- or more than one- there.
    He hissed quietly, knowing they would hear its infinite echoes in the dead silence of the night, "Who are you? Why are you here?" He seemed oddly possessive of the object now, as if it was extremely important to him, and he was clutching it tightly to himself with what was obviously a great amount of strength.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

"It's me; Chris. I don't understand why I'm here myself... and what the hell is that plate?" he responded to the Riolu as he saw him behave even more unusually.
    Last edited by Truly Deceptive; 24th January 2013 at 10:17 PM.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dylan couldn't sleep for the life of him. Whether it was because he was nervous around the new arrivals, the nervousness of doing things right, or the excitement for his first true adventure, he didn't know. He had been lying with his eyes closed for a while, attempting to sleep but failing. He ended up staring at the ceiling, lost in his own thoughts. Then his eyes fell on his bag. Maybe... He scrambled over to the bag and took out the wood block and the quick claw. He ran his hand over the wood, feeling the grain. But what? It only took him a moment to decide; he would just do himself, as it's the thing he knows best and would make the task easier. Closing his eyes, he imaged how he would make himself: nothing too ambitious, as it was his first time. Opening his eyes with a goal in mind, he grabbed the quick claw in his hand and started to carve the wood, trying to keep it as quiet as possible as to not wake those who were asleep. Suddenly, he thought he heard a whisper. Just barely audible, but there. He dismissed it at first, believing it may have been the wind or something, but shortly after another followed, and he stopped. What... what is that? He thought, starting to get nervous. He couldn't see that much further into the cave, as it was quite dark. He tensed up, prepared to fight - or flee - at a moment's notice. "I-is anyone there?" He whispered, but the echos made it sound much louder.

OOC: long post is long.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

OOC: Ooo dear, pretend my character is following along whenever the role play goes. I won't be on for a while.

Chen, who was also having trouble sleeping looked over at Dylan and sat up.

"Is something wrong?"

Crystal however found it surprisingly easy to fall asleep and was now curled up into a strange looking ball.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"This?" Max responded, his voice still a quiet hiss and his eyes wide with tiny slits for pupils. "This is mine! Mine! But it's..." he closed his eyes and shook his head. He didn't feel like he was acting any differently from usual, but he still knew there was something off. He opened his eyes, looking around the cave, and then down at the odd object in his paws. He realized that he was feeling surging energy, like he could knock out a Sigilyph with only fighting-type moves*, which was odd... "I think... This is something that greatly enhances fighting-type moves' power. It also gives off its own Aura, however, as if it is alive. The Aura it gives off seems to connect to some other place, but at that place, there is no feeling, as if they are unconscious. That is all I know, but this," he gestured to the plate in his paws, "I think this is Arceus' Fist Plate."

*OOC: Sigilyph is a flying/psychic type, which are the only two advantage types over fighting, which is Riolu's type, of course.
    Links to stuff.

"Alright; so those are what the Plates look like... I suppose you should keep it with you, since it'll increase the might of your attacks." Chris determined and said out loud.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max nodded his agreement, and Corey spoke. "Okay, you guys go to sleep. We'll tell them in the morning."
    "'You guys' infers that you are not going to sleep?" Max asked him curiously.
    "My ability, Insomnia, prevents me from sleeping. Duh. Now go to sleep. I'm not gonna do anything."
    Links to stuff.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dylan jumped a bit, thinking that everyone else was asleep, and turned around to see a concerned Mienfoo. "Oh, no. I-I just thought I heard something..." he replied. He looked off into the deeper part of the cave. Perhaps it was just my imagination... The block of wood, sitting in front of him, was now a bit more than an extremely rough shape of a Wartortle. He started to carve it again, but he couldn't help but feel that they weren't his imagination; that someone else was deeper in the cave.
    Last edited by JustAnotherLeafeon; 25th January 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max began walking back, slipping the Plate into his bag. He saw that some of the group were awake. "S'okay," he whispered. "I just explored a little. There's nothing of interest down there, so just go to sleep." He then walked to a wall which was not shined upon by the dim moonlight, lay down, and curled up into an impossibly small ball.

In the morning, Max was the first to awaken, sweating and looking back and forth in terror, looking for whatever he had seen in his nightmare. He soon realized where he was and slowed his breathing, sat up, and waited for the others to wake up. He stared at the wall opposite him intently as if something was still wrong, however.
    Links to stuff.

After the sojourn into the cave, Chris didn't sleep at all. He stayed up, remained in the air, and watched outside in case anyone found them or endeavored to find shelter. As the sun rose up, he moved back into the cave and saw everyone get up at their own moment each.

"So; which way should we head out from here?"
    Last edited by Truly Deceptive; 25th January 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"What? Head out? The Insomniac and I are the only ones up. Were you up all night?" Though his questions seemed accurate and specific enough, Max hadn't stopped staring at the wall and his thoughts were elsewhere.

The Scorpion Queen yawned and slowly stood up. Half-asleep, she muttered, "Mom... turn the lights off... it's only 7... Wha?!" she looked around. "Oh, so this whole thing wasn't a dream. I'm not sure whether to be glad or disappointed about that."
    Links to stuff.

Autumn is in a deep sleep. Happy that they already possess one of the sixteen plates of Arceus.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: She doesn't know. Everyone was asleep while he obtained it, and now it's in Max's bag. He's telling them in the morning.

"Why's everyone asleep? C'mon!" the Scorpion Queen called, which echoed louder than she had expected in the narrow cave. She lowered her voice a little. "And Max, quit staring at the wall like it's going to bite you. I'm pretty sure rocks don't bite. Seriously."
    Max ignored her and continued to look at it, although he had flinched when he'd heard her voice at the volume of yelling.
    Links to stuff.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast