PMD: Explorers of Legend

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PMD: Explorers of Legend

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

Default PMD: Explorers of Legend

Okay, here it is! (Don't worry, the sign-up is always open. You can always join!)

Midnight, along with Thunder and Abby, walked down to the town, taking a break from missions for the first time in a long time. But their peace was short-lived as the town ahead was full of screeching, panicking pokemon; it was complete chaos. They ran forward, looking for the source of alarm. In the same instant, all three froze in shock as they saw the scene before them.
    The normally calm town was full of humans, throwing pokeballs and attacking the townspokemon with their own.
    "Humans shouldn't be able to get in! The guardians should have stopped them!" Abby exclaimed as they ran forward to bravely attack the humans.
    "What about Midnight?!" Thunder replied.
    "She doesn't count! Midnight turned into a pokemon!" They all began attacking, and slowly got separated in the thick crowd. A few others were attacking as well, but most were running away. As Midnight slashed at a Snivy, she heard the voice of its human trainer, able to understand his words.
    "That's a rare pokemon! I've got to catch it! Snivy, vine whip!" Vines immediately wrapped around Midnight, making her screech in pain as they tightened. The trainer threw a pokeball, grinning confidently. It hit Midnight, and her eyes widened in terror as it bounced off her head and froze in the air in the way a pokeball does when it's going to open and capture a pokemon. Instead of opening, however, the pokeball exploded in a small fireball, terrifying the Snivy into letting her go. She immediately ran off, not having time to think about it. She saw Thunder nearby and went toward him as fast as she could.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PMD: Explorers of Legend

Ronin, Kunoichi, and Kagemaru were hiding in the treetops, waiting for the right moment to strike. They're current mission was to capture a fugitive pokemon, but it hadn't walked into the trap yet. The pokemon inched closer and closer to the bait, until suddenly,

"Agh!" Kunoichi fell out of the tree, and the fugitive fled. The Riolu and Sneasel jumped down to help their teammate up.
    "Kunoichi! We were so close! what happened?" Kagemaru asked, and the Kirlia looked up at him with glowing eyes,
    "The village... it's being attacked..." She said. One of the pokemon from the village was sending her a message through telepathy, which only happens during emergencies. She snapped out of it, "AH! THE VILLAGE IS BEING ATTACKED!" She began to run in the direction of the fighting, and Ronin and Kagemaru followed after her.

Ronin, being a Riolu, could sense the aura of the attackers,
    "Oh no, they're humans too! Can't you just teleport us-" Suddenly, a there was a flash of light, and the trio appeared in front of a pokemon trainer, "-There?"
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Hailee, Zaire and Mortimer made their way under the canopy of the forest. Hailee was in the lead, with Zaire perched on her shoulder. Mortimer lumbered behind; he wasn't exactly known for his speed, and Hailee had to stop often to let him catch up.
    "Hailee.. where exactly are we going?" Zaire said. "I don't think there is a whole lot to see in this corner of the forest."
    "We're going to find someone to help, of course! That's what rescue teams do, right?" The heracross replied.
    "...Hailee... do you know WHERE rescue teams find missions?" Zaire said, letting the skepticism show in his voice. Hailee stopped in her tracks with an unsure expression on her face.
    "We need to go to town and look at the bulletin board. Until we get a reputation we'll need to check the bulletin board every time we set out to do something." The small natu lept off of Hailee's shoulders and hopped by Mortimer's side. He pointed his beak in the direction of town.
    "This way.." Mortimer said. The Numel hated to do a whole lot of walking; he simply wasn't built for travel. With a slight groan Mortimer turned towards the way Zaire was pointing. Zaire hopped on to his new perch; Mortimer's head. Hailee followed behind the two as they left to accept a new mission.

==========

The town finally came into the trio's view.
    "Here we are." Mortimer said with a yawn.
    "Okay, so we just walk to the bulletin board and pick a job, right?" Hailee said with excitement in her voice. "We'll have our first job finished in a cinch!"
    Zaire stared out at the town with an unblinking gaze. The natu blinked before turning to his friends.
    "There is trouble in town. I think humans are attacking." Zaire said solemnly.
    "Humans?" Hailee almost forgot about humans. She was getting so caught up in the thrills of being in a rescue team..
    "We need to go." Hailee said, breaking out in a dash towards town. Mortimer and Zaire followed close behind.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

@Blathers;)

As Midnight ran toward Thunder, she recklessly charged straight into a Natu.
    "Oh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going..." She gasped, out of breath from the sprint.

----

Abby and Thunder managed to find each other again, stopping and climbing up onto someone's rooftop to get a better view. Abby, having the better vision of the two, spotted Midnight talking to a Natu, who was with a Numel and a Heracross.
    "There's Midnight! I think she's speaking with- ah! It looks like another rescue team! Come on!" As Abby leaped off the roof, Thunder struggled to keep up with her long-legged run.
    Links to stuff.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ronin, Kagemaru, and Kunoichi were currently dodging attacks that were being launched by the trainers. A Force Palm from a Mienshao was heading straight for Kagemaru,

"Look out!" Ronin suddenly appeared behind the Sneasel and blocked the Force Palm with his own Force Palm, "You okay, Kagemaru?" he asked, and Kagemaru nodded, "Never been better, leader. Now, Kunoichi!" The Kirlia jumped over the two on que and landed in front of the trainer's Mienshao. Her eyes glowed blue and it was slowly lifted into the air, then the Confusion attack flung it at a tree,

"Alright, I think there's another rescue team over there that needs some help!"

OOC: Coming to you two.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: @Zant; OK

As Abby and Thunder joined Midnight and Team Valiant, they spotted yet another team heading towards them, this one consisting of a Riolu, a Sneasel, and Kirlia.
    "You can't just stand around talking!" Thunder was addressing Midnight, but his words were also directed towards Team Valiant. Midnight jumped in surprise.
    "Phew, you guys found me! Okay, let's go!" Team Night immediately began fighting the trainers around them, noticing that, with the help of each of the rescue teams present, they seemed to be driving back the trainers a little. It wasn't enough, however. Most of the humans were still there.
    Links to stuff.

(Sorry for inactivity. I was out of the house for a bit.)

Zaire was knocked over by a Zorua, he quickly picked himself up and shook his head. The Zorua apologized; she seemed to be embarrassed about what happened.
    "It's fine. We have more important things to worry about." Hailee stopped and spun right around, joining her other two teammates. 3 pokemon she didn't know were with Zaire and Mortimer. The Pikachu scalded the group for standing around, but Hailee simply smiled.

"I agree. We have a village to protect!" Hailee called as the group banded together to fend off the trainers who were storming in. Hailee held off the opposing pokemon by jabbing at them with her horn attack while Zaire was perched on her shoulders. As Hailee held off the opposition, Zaire would watch over her blind spots and attack opponents with a nightshade. Mortimer joined the two, firing out bursts of flame from his maw. They were inexperienced, but the group was working well together. Hailee wasn't sure what to think when she battling against trainers; from her new perspective they seemed a lot more menacing.

Hailee knocked out a trainer's pokemon and approached the human who had been giving the commands.
    "Hailee, you just need to scare him a little bit. We won't hurt any humans; promise." Zaire said from his perch on her shoulder. Hailee took a step forward, intending to take the Natu's advice. But something made her hesitate. She could see the fear in the human's eyes as he backed away from team Valiant. The expression froze her; she had seen that kind of fear before. But she wasn't paying attention.
    "Hailee, look out!" Zaire called before spreading his small wings and leaping from her shoulder.
    "Wha-?" The heracross began before being blindsided by a Zigzagoon's head-butt. Mortimer moved himself in front of Hailee before firing a stream of flame at the Zigzagoon, forcing it to retreat. Hailee was on the ground, slightly dazed. Zaire landed by her side.

"Hailee, are you okay? What is wrong?" He said with concern in his voice.
    "N-nothing. I'm alright!" Hailee called, picking herself up. "I'm fine, really! I can fight!"
    "If you say so.." Zaire said, unsure of the situation. Hailee and Zaire rejoined Mortimer's side, ready to enter the fray once again.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

( @Blathers; It's fine, nobody can be completely constant)

Abby gave Hailee a suspicious look for a split second before she joined everyone in the fight. She had a feeling something had gone on.
    "Hey, I found something out earlier," Midnight spoke as she transformed into a Sawk to make herself less or a target as a rare pokemon, "I can't get caught. I guess it's 'cause I was human- the pokeball exploded in my face!"
    "Whoa, really?" Thunder said loudly over the sounds of battle as he iron-tailed a ditto-pikachu into the ground, causing it to faint and reveal its actual form. "That's cool! Now we have one less thing to worry about."
    Abby used Night Slash on another invading trainer's pokemon as she thought. This whole thing felt strange. Something was missing. A big piece of a puzzle that was hidden underneath. She knew this feeling, what was it? Suddenly, it came to her.
    "Guys... I... I sense..."
    "What is it?" Thunder's voice was full of obvious concern and worry.
    "This isn't the worst! Something much worse is yet to come! I can't tell what or when or anything, but it's going to be bad!"
    Links to stuff.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But it got worse; and another team had emerged from an unknown area. Maria was worried about the others, so she almost backtracked when Mark came flying out of a cave, Lily close behind. Mark had crash landed on Midnight, and for an unknown reason, Lily tripped and landed on Thunder! "Team, stop with the clumsiness and get up! Hang on, has anyone seen Vine?" said Maria. Mark worried about Vine getting trapped in Maria's String Shot net! "Vine, where are you?!" said the other three members of Team LeafShine. "No! Vine's gone missing! And so has- oh wait he's in front of me. Oops." Lily said, with the oops aimed at Mark. Mark followed up with a nibble, which caused Lily to fall asleep, again. Maria, who was normally calm, feared for the worst to come to Vine. Then, they noticed the cave was behind a village, and they came to the rescue. Maria went after a Snivy, Lily went to a water-type Pokemon, later revealed to be Basculin, and Mark fought three Panpour, then Vine appeared, used Vine Whip on one of the Panpour, and helped Mark fight. "Where were you, Vine?" asked Mark. "I was at the flank route into town. Maria should've guessed where I was! Silly Maria." said Vine.
    Last edited by Leavanny Duo; 5th September 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Whoops, forgot about that.

Blog Entries

"You know, next time he does something stupid, you're carrying him!" Harry had the unconscious Golett on whatever back he had. He was going beyond 'starting to get heavy' by this point and was weighing heavily on the Haunter.
    Missi retorted however. "With what hands? Besides, even without 'em I'll still fight ten times better than you. Keep the important one free." She enjoyed every chance she got to rib at Harry or Goli, if only for the way they both mindlessly followed the damn Froslass around. She didn't exactly hate her but dammit, she could have earned being in charge.
    "Hey, we're gonna hit the town in a minute, so you two shut up before we get there." Freya spotted the chaos in the town. "Wait up guys. What's going on in there? Hey, Missi, got any more of those seeds?"
    "We've just got the one left." Harry, already guessing what was going on, put GOL on the floor, as Missi gave him the seed.
    "OPERATIONAL" GOL jumped back up to his feet.
    "Let's go check it out!"

Team Specter headed at full speed ahead towards the town.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 5th September 2012 at 05:13 PM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Maria saw a Haunter on the way into town, and panicked. A Haunter had taken her hostage as a Sewaddle. "But it's behind me now." she convinced herself. The Pokemon she previously fought, the Snivy, had fallen unconscious to a quick Bug Bite X-Scissor combo. Vine was still battling the Panpour with Mark, and then she heard an explosion. "That was another Poke Ball waster!" she exclaimed, and she assisted Lily with the Basculin. But then a cry for help was heard. It sounded very familiar.

Vine was making way to a Dewott and he realized a help cry was in the distance. It was the cry of...... Maria? No, it was a Bayleef! Vine started to call the team together, fast. Mark and Maria came asap, Lily sleeping in the distance. "Lily, Team LeafShine has a new mission!" Yelled Maria. Vine, Mark, and Maria worried that the Bayleef was going to get trapped! "Maria, the Net you made! Stay here and fight them off! I'll go with Lily and Mark!" said a very different side of Vine. "Okay, I'll stay. Go save the Bayleef!" Maria confidently said. Then Vine, Mark and Lily were off, with Vine having to slap Lily to go.

The Bayleef cries grew closer, and Lily, Vine, and Mark- or "Short Stack"- entered a cave. It was the same cave that led to Team LeafShine's home- Pinwheel City. Lily stayed alert the whole journey, and the 3 way split appeared before the crew. Lily traveled the left tunnel, Vine the right and "Short Stack" the center tunnel. Lily could clearly hear the Bayleef now; Its cries were quite loud. Lily took down the trap, and released the Bayleef. "My name is Bella. I want to be a great Meganium!" said Bella. Lily took her back to town, Vine and Mark already waiting at the small arena.
    Last edited by Leavanny Duo; 5th September 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Midnight and Thunder shook off the dizziness from getting hit by the enthusiastic. Midnight, who had lost her Illusion from the hit, was about to change back into a Sawk when, suddenly, she saw a pokeball flying toward an oblivious Thunder, who was still a little dazed. She leapt forward, jumping right into its path and causing it to explode. The shock wave from the explosion snapped Thunder into the present and he shouted his thanks to Midnight as they separated into the crowd again, which had by now filtered out into only trainers and their pokemon, as well as the fighting rescue teams. As yet another team, this one ghost types, came over the hill, the trainers were leaving more and more, but yet still there were enough to be a threat. Hopefully, with the help of this new rescue team, they could finally drive out the invaders.
    Abby Night Slashed a pokeball apart, feeling tired from all the fighting. The Oshawott she had been fighting grasped its scalchop at the command of his trainer and used Razor Shell, and Abby, not being ready, was hit. The world faded to black and she fainted.
    Midnight screeched in alarm and ran toward Abby, but she wasn't fast enough. The pokeball hit her friend and wobbled back and forth until a final click. Thunder was close behind Midnight. The trainer looked triumphant and praised his Oshawott, making Team Night's other two members shake with fury as they ran forward to attack the human himself, disregarding the Oshawott following after them to defend the trainer.
    Links to stuff.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, Maria had seen the whole act. Bella, Lily, Vine, and Mark (Short Stack) had just returned. They all leaped towards the trapped Pokemon's friends, and asked what was wrong.

Blog Entries

"HUMANS. ASSIST?" The Golett was indeed so thoroughly cracked it believed it should help the humans over it's own kind.
    "No, they're attacking the pokémon! We've got to stop them! Follow my lead!"
    "Or y'know, mine."
    "Not the time!" Freya chastised the Mismagius. She then dived straight inside the ground, as the rest of the team followed her in.

They re-emerged behind the group of trainers. Freya used a wide Blizzard to give them the cold shoulder as a reception (Note: I know that joke is crap, back off :P) whilst Missi went for a Psychic assault. Harry deferred to a less useful technique of jumping in at one of the trainers, sneaking up behind her and then going 'Boo!' whilst GOL was still conflicted about fighting it's "masters" and remained at the side of the battle paralysed by indecision.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"What's WRONG? He caught Abby, that's what's wrong! Our teammate, the Absol!!" Midnight exclaimed furiously as she slashed at the trainer. His Oshawott ran up and used water gun on her, so she fell down again.
    Breathing heavily between each word, Midnight turned to Thunder. "If I faint," She growled, "I am a shield from pokeballs. Got it? You do NOT get hit. Pick me up and block it."
    "Midnight, are you crazy?"
    "Yeah, after that, I think I am."
    "I- I can dodge. I am NOT using you as a shield. It could get you seriously hurt."
    "You... you better not...get hit..." Midnight fainted and Thunder used Thunderbolt on the Oshawott, who instantly fainted. He then did the same to the trainer, who tried to run, but he viciously clung to him and tried to find Abby's pokeball. He didn't find it before the trainer flung him off and ran away.
    "COWARD!!" He yelled angrily. Picking up Midnight, he brought her to the edge of town where she would be out of danger's way.
    Links to stuff.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast