Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patchwork Universe - A Crossover/Multifandom RP

Blog Entries

Default Patchwork Universe - A Crossover/Multifandom RP

"The multiverse is a peculiar thing. Thousands, if not millions of separate universes and none of them are even vaguely aware of each other, existing in complete separation from each other - if only they could see the majesty of it all, the chaos, deceit and -" Nobody who stood around took particular notice as the Gardevoir ran off her speech to herself - the talking pokémon was something they had become used to over these years. But everyone in the Clockwork Tower that overlooked the Ether fell silent as she cut herself short and snapped her unusually blue eyes in the direction of the ground level door, even though several walls stood between her and it. "He is here. Early." With no more words, the Gardevoir teleported away.

Welcome to the Patchwork Universe

So guys, my new RP. You might be wondering what all that stuff up there is about? Well it'll become clear soon. This RP is a crossover, multifandom, whatever you want to call it RP, one where the basic idea is that you play a pre-existing character from any media you want, be it video games, TV, animuz you name it and your chosen character is ripped from their own universe and whisked away in a space-time anomaly to the Ether, a multiversal hub which is absolutely endemic with Pokémon. Locations in the Ether are as much ripped from other universes as its inhabitants.

Now you may have caught onto the fact I mentioned the Ether is full of pokémon. That leads me on to mention the hook of the RP - your characters get to become Pokémon Trainers of sorts as they try to find their way home.

So maybe some rules go here? Well there's only three on top of BMGf rules - firstly the character you choose cannot be taken from the Pokémon franchise. The whole point is that your characters are fishes out of water, so characters familiar with pokémon is a no-go. Secondly, I don't expect over-the-top violence or jiggy jiggy, even if your character's source contains that. Finally, god-level or storybreaker overpowered characters are permitted but they will lose some power in the transition to the Ether.

So enough of me blabbing, here's a signup frame. Since you're using existing characters this only needs to be basic but it's basically to be a tl;dr for people who aren't fans of the series.
    Name:
    Franchise: Include a chronological point if it's a series.
    Appearance:
    Skills/Powers: Include any edits from the source material for balance.
    Pokémon: One, in it's base form for now.

That's the lot! Happy stranding!
    Last edited by Plumbum; 20th October 2013 at 09:15 AM.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet, is you're never sure if they're genuine or not."- Pliny the Elder

Default Re: Patchwork Universe - A Crossover/Multifandom RP

I'm officially reserving Ocarina of Time's Link from the child era postgame (between OoT and Majora's Mask). Working on the sign-up now.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

My new favorite quote, courtesy of Cell in Dragon Ball Z Abridged episode 43: "Wanna see me drink this guy?!"

Blog Entries

Isn't Link like... mute? I'm not gonna stop ya, I'm just thinking that might be a tad difficult to RP.

Reserve added for now.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 2nd October 2013 at 02:06 PM.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet, is you're never sure if they're genuine or not."- Pliny the Elder

Blog Entries

I think I'll take BoBoBo from Bobobo-Bo BoBo Bo BoBoBo
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

http://everythingsmagic.boards.net

Blog Entries

Held.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbum View Post
    Isn't Link like... mute? I'm not gonna stop ya, I'm just thinking that might be a tad difficult to RP.

Reserve added for now.
    Link doesn't get any visible dialogue, but he is shown to speak to characters at times (Twilight Princess had a character respond to Link calling to him, and in Skyward Sword, he's shown to tell Gaepora and Groose what happened even though you don't hear (see?) him say the words), so it's as simple as actually giving him dialogue that fits his character. As for my sign-up (finished a couple hours ago, but unable to post until now due to no internet connection at the time)...

Name: Link

Franchise: The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time's Link post-game (Child Era))

Appearance: average 10-year-old height and build, green tunic (belted by a brown belt) and pointed cap, blond hair, blue eyes, brown boots, child-sized sword and metal shield strapped across his back (sword hilt above left shoulder)

Skills/Powers: Link is a skilled swordsman due to his adventure through time; possesses the Triforce of Courage, but does not use its magic (only sign of it is the Triforce mark on the back of his left hand); proficient archer despite not wielding a bow as a child... yet

Pokémon: Turtwig
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

My new favorite quote, courtesy of Cell in Dragon Ball Z Abridged episode 43: "Wanna see me drink this guy?!"

Red Hot Gym Leader Flannery's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Name: Ezio Auditore
    Franchise: Assassin's Creed (Taken just after ACII at the height of his powers)
    Appearance:

Skills / Powers: Due to him not being able to take a piece of eden (because Plummers is a meanie :P), Ezio cannot perform godlike feats on demand. However, due to his bloodline he is still blessed with abnormal agility and athletic ability. He is a skilled combatant, an expert with all types of firearms and blades. He is incredibly cunning and can sneak up on anyone anywhere due to his training as an assassin.

Pokemon: Scyther
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Name: Cloud Strife

Franchise: Kingdom Hearts (Post-FFVII)

Appearance:

Skills/Powers: Superhuman Mako-based speed and strength. Mastery of his Buster Sword. Despite his lack of materia, he stills remains a formidable threat.

Pokémon: Electrike
    Last edited by Stardust_Trainer; 3rd October 2013 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Name: Haku
    Franchise: Haku non edo tensei
    Appearance:

Skills/Powers: Fast to the point of young shinobi being unable to see and of course other shinobi abilities. Can create giant ice spikes out of air and water in the air. Also can surround the opponent with ice mirrors that he moves between while throwing senbons into them.
    Pokémon: Eevee

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Name: Fred Jones

Franchise: Scooby Doo

Appearance: Blonde hair, kind of tall and built. He wears blue bell bottoms with brown shoes and a blue collared shirt with a white sweater on top. He finishes it off with a nice orange ascot. His blonde hair is well like a bouncy in a way. It is kind of hard to explain the hair but it is blonde like something styled in the 1970's.

Skills/Powers: He is strong I guess above average in that aspect and he can run fast somewhat. Fred can make traps to make no sense but work so well, he has an ascot, he is pretty smart and he has an ascot. Oh that skills over the women which is amazing because he is a stud. He is the God Damn Fred Jones.

Pokémon: Trapinch
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 3rd October 2013 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries

@Lyrebird;
    @Mako;
    @Midorikawa; (N.B. I would have just accepted the word Naruto for "franchise")
    @Warrior of Fire;

You're all accepted.
    @Cloud Strife718; I'll accept ya as soon as you complete the signup. You can just link to an image using [IMG] tags, in fact it's probably easier to do so.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Well you said to say when if there is multiple times in them and there is Haku when he was alive and then Haku when he is dead and a walking zombie

Blog Entries
    Follow pokefan548 On Twitter
    Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

I'm reserving Big Boss (young, just after the events of MGS3: Snake Eater), I'll put a proper app sheet up this afternoon.

Name: Waluigi Wario
    Franchise: Super Mario
    Appearance: Swag Stache, Purple overalls and clothes. Purple hat with an upside down L. Brown shoes.
    Skills: Tennis Raquet.. Golf club. Mario Party orbs, air swimming and being the WAAAAA.
    Pokémon: Mime Jr.
    Last edited by thumbs1; 12th October 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Name: Lucy Heartfilia
    Franchise: Fairy Tail

Appearance:

Abilities: In her universe Lucy is able to use a special set of magic keys to summon magical spirits called Celestial Spirits. However, as she has been thrown into a world different than hers she finds herself unable to use her keys. Aside from that Lucy has great endurance and stamina, being able to take hits and also being able to run fast in situations that call for it. She's not very courageous and usually tries to get out of her troubles without resorting to violence. While she's not relatively strong she does have some knowledge of combat though it's very basic. Her talent falls in her deductive ability though and she's able to come up with ideas and strategies for the toughest of situations.

She's also skilled with a whip that she always carries strapped to her waist, she uses this as a way of self defence in tough situations.

Pokemon: Chimchar
    Last edited by Flaze; 3rd October 2013 at 10:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast