Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paragon

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Heroic Sociopath View Post
    @Bad Apple, looks good to me. Accepted.

@Lyrebird, you can make two characters, and they can be friends, just avoid having them fight together too much. It wouldn't exactly be fair if someone could make a million sign-ups and then just kill everything with the superhero army. Don't worry, most players are more than happy to have their characters form alliances. I would like you to be a bit more thorough with what Betty's super speed's limits are. Like how fast can she go, and how long does it take her to get tired?.
    Well she can go about 1/2 of the speed of light and can run non-stop for 5 days however she needs to eat a lot because it takes a lot out of her. Sometimes though she can 'hit the wall' and then her speed cuts by a half and causes her a lot of pain. Basically in short a lesser version of The Flash.

Blog Entries

Alright, that sounds pretty okay to me. Just edit it into your powers list and you're good to go.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Hope I didn't go overboard, but I was kind of going for a fairly dangerous enemy.

Name: Kyo Takeshi
    Alias: Doragon
    Alignment: Evil.
    Appearance: His normal appearance is that of a Japanese man with black hair, well muscled. He typically wears a black jacket with a red shirt and black pants. His transformed state is a red, western dragon-like humanoid with wings wearing samurai like armor with a large dragon symbol on his chest.
    Background: Kyo was a Yakuza enforcer present for much the same reason as Mr. Grin was, as his bosses were interested in the Elixir shipment, desiring to see if the Syndicate would be willing to part with some. When the blast happened, Kyo found his body sucking in the flames surrounding him to heal himself. With his newfound power, he quickly took over his Yakuza group and now seeks to take advantage of Paragons to further his criminal activities.
    Powers: Kyo's body has become able to manipulate and feed off of the energy and heat of fire, both to accelerate his own healing and for attacks. This naturally renders him immune to fire, and attempting to attack him with it would more likely feed him than anything else. He has considerable control over fire and is capable of generating it at will, as well as bending it into solid constructs, though he is limited by how much energy he has and can only form constructs from the flames he produces, but can manipulate preexisting fire into blasts or to suck it into his own body. His transformed state is merely a shell of condensed flame around his body. This increases his strength and durability, as well as gives him the ability to fly with wings, however it also slows him down somewhat. However, like any fire, his constructs are vulnerable to water, though it takes considerable amounts to extinguish them completely and his transformed state can take more due to the amount of control he has over it. And, due to being condensed, the constructs are can be 'killed' or destroyed by physical means, though his transformed state can stand up to small arms fire. Also, he can 'burn himself out' if he over exerts himself and expends all his energy, and if he expends too much it could kill him, so even if he's winning a fight, he has no choice but to flee if he begins running low on fire. The inverse of this is naturally that he can increase in strength from absorbing more fire.

He prefers to stay behind the scenes and hire others to do his dirty work or use construct puppets to carry out his plans. This includes occasionally sending significantly weaker puppets of himself

Also of note is Kyo no longer requires water or normal food, instead eating fire and he tends to drink alcoholic beverages, as his body can process it and use the alcohol as fuel. In fact, drinking water, while no lethal, is poisonous to him.
    Abilities: Being a Yakuza enforcer, Kyo is a skilled martial artist and capable swordsman. He's also a skilled planner, often trying to cover his tracks in the early stages 'like a fire slowly growing' before moving forwards. However, he's also got a temper problem and likely the most effective means of fighting him would be to provoke him until he goes berserk he expends too much energy.
    Equipment: Kyo occasionally uses katana or duel sais in battle, but prefers to use weapons created from his fire constructs.

I tried to give him enough weaknesses to balance out his power so, while dangerous, he's still not OP.

But I also didn't want his water weakness to be a Weaksauce Weakness.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Looks balanced to me. Good job. Accepted.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Thanks. I should point out, he will be a Slade type villain who, 90% of the time, uses 'Doom Bots' instead of coming in person and there is a considerable difficulty spike between fighting a Doragon Construct and the real deal for obvious reasons.

Also, I should point out he CAN overload himself if he absorbs too much fire into himself, but would likely only do one for a Last Villain Stand to go One Winged Angel, as overloading himself destablizes his body and he risks destroying himself in the process. So thus, he'd only do that if he was cornered and at high risk of being killed or captured.

Hope that's alright.

Ask Pony Discord

Did you get a chance to see my SU? It was the last post on the previous page, so I guess it'd be easy to miss.
    There'll probably be a nice graphic here eventually...

Blog Entries

Swordie, my bad. Accepted.

Godzilla, as far as I'm concerned he's pretty fair. His powers are a notch above average, but he also has a lot of weaknesses. So if players exploit this, he's actually a bit weaker. In other words, if a hero lures your guy into a fight at an aquarium after your guy ran a mile, he'd almost certainly lose. On the other hand, if you battled on your own terms - like, say, in an abandoned tenement far from the sea with your minions to help you fight the heroes - then your opponents will need some seriously fancy footwork to hurt him. So your character is pretty well balanced.

Ok, now my hero, taking the option of mythical origins.

Name: Norio
    Alias: Ace
    Alignment: Good, but Anti Hero
    Appearance: his human form is a Japanese man with black hair, normally wearing a red shirt and black jeans, as well as a cowboy hat. His transformed state looks like this: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/156/e/e/kamen_rider_ace_vengeance_mode_by_kendell2-d3hxx1y.jpg (Yes, I drew it)
    Background: A pre-Elixir explosion hero. Norio was born Katsu Hitoshi and a Japanese scientist. However an evil organization called the Renegades tricked him into helping them, then killed him when he was no longer of use by throwing him off a cliff. However, the same science he used to make them, combined with the mystical energy of the Native American artifacts he'd landed among resurrected him with the ability to transform into an armored warrior imbued with the power of a Thunderbird. After taking his vengeance on the Renegades for what they did to him, he heard of the Syndicate and the super criminals spawned from the explosion and came to the city in order to restore order.
    Powers: His armored form gives him enhanced speed, strength, agility, and durability as well as the ability to generate strong wind and lightning, but he typically only summons this to enhance the power of his attacks. Despite his armor being good protection and being able to survive far more than a normal human, he's still vulnerable to conventional weaponry and, while it won't seriously hurt him, even normal handguns are enough to cause him pain. Due to his powers being mystical in nature, objects that disrupt magic are still effective against him and if he sustains enough damage, he'll be forced out of transformation.
    Abilities: Due to his battle with the Renegades, he's a rather skilled fighter with a brawler like style. He's also a good shot with his gun and can put up a decent fight without transforming.
    Equipment: He has a chopper motorcycle called Storm Chaser modeled after a thunderbird. His main weapon is a pistol called the Aero Revolver, which was reconfigured by the same magic that brought him back to life. He can channel his elemental powers through it and it utilizes high pressure blasts of air with enough force to shatter concrete as its default ammo. However, it still needs a few moments to restore itself after firing its six shots.

I tried to make his powers more basic because there aren't many weaknesses I could think to give him.

I'm considering having a surviving Renegade as a villain helping the Syndicate, if that's ok.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Looks good. Accepted. By all means, PM me about the renegade dude, then.

I should note, he normally doesn't rely on his weather control powers, normally just shooting the occasional lightning bolt or boosting his jump with wind, he mainly only taps into them fully when he wants to kill something. He can take a good bit of punishment before he destransforms though.

Mainly I was trying to make his powers more basic to counterbalance the fact I couldn't think of too many reasonable weaknesses for him to have.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Sounds fine to me. Anyway, due to work, the start up won't be up until next week.

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Name: Drake Riley
    Alias: White Knight
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Drake has short black colored that falls down to his neck, he has an athletic built coupled with a pair of black colored eyes that matched with his hair. He has white colored skin and has a slash-like scar on his shoulder. As a Paragon Drake wears a white colored armor that surrounds his whole body, the armor comes with a white helmet. It has spikes on its elbows and knees as well as having a long flowing white cape.

Background: Drake's had to take care of his brother his whole life, due to their parents having died in a car crash the two siblings had to fend off for themselves since a very young age, he lives in North Loreto, something that has caused him to develop a personal distrust of the law and for him to become serious and hard to approach by others. This doesn't hold true for his brother though, who he does everything he can to take care of and to shield him from the world around them.

During the night of the explosion both Drake and his brother Elliot were both out and were both exposed, however while Drake ended up becoming a Paragon Elliot didn't seem to show any signs of powers, at least as far as he knew. Ever since then he has been fighting crime on his own as a way to clean the city and to protect his brother, who still supports him.

Power: Drake has the power to summon his armor which he calls White Knight. He can pretty much call for it and his body will become surrounded by it as if by magic. The armor grants Drake the enhanced strength to the point you might call it a pseudo super strength, it also increases his speed, agility and all other physical attributes, though not as much as his strength. His cape has two functions, first it allows Drake to use it as a sort of invisibility cloak so as to stop others from seeing it. The second ability is the kicker, his cape allows him to summon multiple weapons out for his use, the weapons can vary from swords to guns to even bombs, it also gives him the ability to craft his own weapons, though they can't be too powerful.

Abilities: Drake is very calculating and is able to come up with strategies depending on the situation that he finds himself in, he's very supportive of those that he trusts and has a strong will that won't allow him to give up, while he's a bit of a loner he's not above working as a team with those that he comes to trust.

Equipment: Drake has a pair of black colored guns that he usually keeps hidden, this is in case that he can't use his armor as it does take a lot out of him to use it for too long, the guns have been modified with special barrels that can store twice as many bullets as a normal gun.

Name: Elle Rivers
    Alias: Lady Spell
    Alignment: Neutral good

Appearance: Elle has long curly blond hair that falls down to her waist, she has a pair of amber colored eyes and a pearly white skin. She normally wears a white colored top with a long sleeved black coat. She has a slim figure coupled with long slender legs and C cup breasts. As a Paragon Elle doesn't really have a costume or anything of the sort, the closest thing she has is a pair of black figure hugging jeans so as to help her with mobility and a long sleeved black jacket that she usually keeps zipped up along with a black mask that covers around her eyes, though she has been trying to find something that would work as a suit for her.

Background: Elle lived a pretty normal life before the explosion, she comes from a house in New Convent with her parents and her two younger sisters. Because of her being the oldest she had to act as the responsible one of the bunch since a very young age, because of this she gets a lot of grieve from her sister who think of her as a worrywart or someone that doesn't allow them to do anything. Ell isn't someone so restricted though, she is very mischievous and she enjoys to watch other's scuffle as if she was watching TV, she also likes to go out, when she can at least.

Powers: Elle has the power to use something she calls Seals, this special seals can vary in shape of form and they in turn grant Elle different types of powers, there are seals that can increase her physical abilities as well as seals that increase her psychological abilities. She also has seals with elemental powers or special tricks to it that are very handy for her to use at times. Of course Elle can only use one type of seal at a time and they aren't too hard to dodge, at least the ones that deal damage on their own, her physical and psychological seals also have a limited time as well as her assist seals that allow her to give power to others.

Abilities: Elle was just an average girl, she's a bit smarter than most people but she isn't too special, though she is a very fast runner due to being in the track team for years.

Equipment: Elle carries a book that keeps information on all of her seals allowing her to remember what each seal does and how she could use them in different scenarios.

Name: Unknown
    Alias: Ringmaster
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Appearance: He has spiky (dyed) blue hair, he has a pair of green colored eyes with black eye shadow around them. He wears a green colored long sleeved suit with an unbuttoned white dress shirt under it. he has tanned skin along with a slim built and is 6'3 in height.

Background: Harlequin was abandoned by his parents as a baby who in turn left him alone in a circus. Because of this he had been raised by the crew of the circus from a young boy as well as becoming one of their many acts. He lived a pretty content childhood due to his innocence but as he grew he began to lean more about the world, such as how people see circus people as freaks and how others have been mistreated in their lives. One day some of the spectators snuck into the circus and ended up getting into the lion's cage with one of them getting bitten on the leg by one of the lions. After this the circus had to close down and all of the members became homeless.

After that Harlequin ended up living around the streets where he was eventually exposed to the explosion. After obtaining his powers he decided that he would use them to take revenge on people that used to bully the ones in the circus and to create his own special show that would never be forgotten.

Powers: Harlequin has a power called Roadshow, with this he is able to use multiple accessories such as cards that have multiple effects, such as being able to cut people or exploded or even work as homing devices. He can also summon multiple knives and snakes made out of energy as well as using a low level control of electricity. Lastly he can summon beings that he calls "Gremlins" their shape and size can vary, though they're usually small so as to stop him from getting fatigued.

Abilities: Harlequin is very limber and agile, because of his years as part of the circus he is also very flexible but at the same time can do the most with what he has.

Equipment: None.
    Last edited by Flaze; 2nd May 2013 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Name: Mark Cook
    Alias: Treme
    Alignment: Moral, but not above making some coin. Not necessarily evil or good. Has his own code of honor.
    Appearance: A thin layer of brown fur covers nearly his entire body, save for certain areas like his face and the palms of his hands. There are slightly curved, arm-long spurs jutting out from the underside of his forearm. He usually wears light clothing, no matter how cold it gets. His normal attire includes a short-sleaved T-shirt, jeans, and a fedora.

Background: Mark Cook was an expert sniper, native to Melbourne, Australia. He was in a building nearby the epicenter of the explosion. He had been hired by a rival gang of the Syndicates to disrupt the shipment of Elixir. He fired the first shot, the one that started that fateful firefight between the quickly-alert Syndicate guards and the undercover, suddenly revealed cops. The rival gang paid well for that, but Mark was permanently changed into a sort of half-man, half-platypus creature. He adopted the name Treme, and began to offer his skills to those who required a deadly assassin, an extra bodyguard, or any other kind of assistance.

Powers:

Platypus Venom: The blades on his arms secrete a nasty, debilitating venom. This venom, if it gets into the foe's circulatory system, causes immediate and excruciating pain. For the next day or so, if untreated, the victim will be feverish and more susceptible to pain from other sources. It is possible, although extremely rare, for someone to suffer an allergic reaction and die from his venom.

Electrolocation: Like a platypus, Treme possesses one of the most sophisticated means of locating a target. Within a radius of about ten yards, he can detect the location of objects and people in the dark by emitting small electric pulses. This is an innate ability, and can not be turned off. As such, electronics tend to get a little wonky when he's within range.

Abilities: Treme is an expert marksman, and proficient with most firearms. He is best with (and prefers) his sniper rifle.

Equipment: Treme carries a high-powered sniper rifle with a scope.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

@Flaze, @GliscorMan, both accepted. We'll probably start this on tuesday. Sorry for the wait.

Blog Entries

Visit Okami's Youtube Channel

( Well this is interesting...)

Name: Diana ( Dia) Shiga
    Alias: Suna
    Alignment: Somewhere in between... She has her own since of justice.

Appearance: Diana isn't really chosey about clothing so just just wears whatever looks have way decent on the clearance rack. With the money she saved she bough herself a nice cutlass as she had knew how to use swords before. Diana has short brown hair but it turns blonde when she uses her power. Her eyes don't change color though they always are brown. Diana is half Japanese and looks somewhat Japanese. She always keeps her cutlass on a belt.

Powers: Diana can fully control all types of sand. She can do anything with it but when there isn't any she can't do anything about it. So Diana carries around her cutlass just in case.

Abilities: She's very good with a sword

Equipment: A cutlass, some money... her cheap phone.

Name: Sarah Miller
    Alias: Blaze
    Alignment: Evil
    Appearance: Sara has dark brown eyes and very long black hair she used to keep in a pony tail but she stopped liking that. She loves wearing boots all the time even when it's hot. Sara is sort of pale and tall. She carries a large blood red back pack with all her stuff in it. As a paragon she still wear's boots just never high heel boots so she can move faster. Sometimes she wears a blood red cloak.

Background: Sara was born into a nice family but they never really payed attention to her. She joined a gang but because she didn't want to do any more she pretended to go missing which was surprisingly hard for her was hard to do. Living by herself and such Sara became very cynical and mean.

Powers: Sara can control fire but when it get' s to cold her powers are weakened.

Abilities: The ability to use most type of guns and Sara's a good street fighter.

Equipment: A small gun, a knife, some money , knuckle braces two walkie talkies.

Current games I'm playing: Fire Emblem Awaking (sort of) , Etrian odyssey IV Pokemon Black (sort of), Okami, LoZ Twilight Princess and a Pokemon Heart Gold Nuzlocke Challenge

I caught a Shiny! It was a Drowzee

My friend code in Pokemon black is 0003 2772 1159. I'll beat you (hopefully). Apparently I'm an Eevee Pokebreeder...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast