P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU]

Thread: P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU]

Default P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU]

Pokemon 3,000: Kanto League Beginnings
    I: Forests of Varidia

T-Rating
    "Where it all began, it will begin again..."

Return to Kanto, the land where the legacy of Pokemon began! Only this is 200 years into the future where much has changed in the world of Pokemon. The regions are largely anything but a mirror of what they were two centuries ago. Great wars between man and Pokemon have irreversibly changed the land, causing land to rise out of or sink beneath the oceans.

But now, peace has largely been restored, and the future of Pokemon is bright!

Kanto's New Shape

Kanto's New Beginnings

Changes in Pokemon

Paths of the Trainer

Game Guidelines

Sign-up Form

Game Master's Character

Accepted Trainer Sign-ups
    Since applications are under way, I'll be posting the status of applications so you'll all know how everything's turning out. When I feel there are enough, I will close future applications, so if you're interested, sign-up ASAP before I decide we have enough people.

Xoxaa Lizarkia; Singabbar played by Xlugon Pyro; ACCEPTED

And there it is! Feel free to reserve your starter, profession and nationality and make sure you do so for all 3 if you are reserving. Reservations last 2 days unless I'm given an alternate timeline and the reason for the extension.
    Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 21st September 2011 at 01:02 AM.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU]

Very interesting. The scale that your map and title indicate that this will be a long, in-depth RP, with lots of potential. I like it .

I'll reserve Eevee, Breeder, and Lunalnan. I'll hopefully have my sign-up tomorrow.

Quick question, for context: what's average life like in Lunalnan? And for that matter, in Kanto in general? Any major changes from the period of the games? I don't really want to construct in ill-fitting character.

Default Re: P3K Kanto League Beginnings, I: Forests of Varidia [SU]

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Very interesting. The scale that your map and title indicate that this will be a long, in-depth RP, with lots of potential. I like it .

I'll reserve Eevee, Breeder, and Lunalnan. I'll hopefully have my sign-up tomorrow.

Quick question, for context: what's average life like in Lunalnan? And for that matter, in Kanto in general? Any major changes from the period of the games? I don't really want to construct in ill-fitting character.
    Very well. You are reserved.

Lunalnan is rich in resources, from fossil fuels to fishing and is home to many industries. Lunalnan is a manufacturing nation, where many workers are accustomed to factory or quarry work. The people of Lunalnan as a result are rather humble and down-to-earth, unlike their neighbors to the south. Lunalnan aesthetically is mountainous, with its highest altitudes being covered in snow year round. Near the coast line is where the vast majority of Lunalnan's live and the culture of Lunalnan is pretty simple. The only real taste of the outside world you'll get is from Pewter City with is THE metropolitan hub of Lunalnan and its capital. Most Lunalnans live comfortably, but not in excess, and has one of the largest middle classes by percent of population than any other Kanto nation. Those who seek a more professional career often try to make a living in Pewter City or leave Lunalnan all together.

Lunalnan politically is a republic but they are primarily run by one political party, while others have to struggle to win their elections. However, Lunalnan's local and regional governments are more present in the lives of its people than their national government since Lunalnan's low population and geographical layout leaves towns somewhat isolated from one another. People aren't afforded too many liberties, but with a mostly one party political system, it isn't much of a problem. Lunalnan's urban areas tend to lean towards the political ideology of other nations due to frequent visitation in Pewter City, so Lunalnan media doesn't quite represent the ideology of the majority.

It is home of the mysterious Mount Moon and is a popular destination for winter sports and scientists. There are also believed to be many fossils hidden in Lunalnan's depths.

Lunarlight, however, is a fairly isolated town that lives off of geothermal energy and relies on mostly imports for sustenance and other goods. It is snowy year round in Lunarlight and it is home to Lunalnan's Kanto League gym, an ice-type gym.

Stereotypically, outsiders tend to like Lunalnans for their down-to-earth personalities but are disliked for their accents, their hick-like and uncultured natures, and their tendency to be dirtier than other nationalities. Urbanites especially tend to be turned off by Lunalnans except for the more cultured ones from Pewter City or Cobalt City.

Kanto is more advanced in general. More towns, bigger cities, better tech. Hovercraft exists but it is still very expensive and is reserved for the upper class. Some hovercraft vehicles that are smaller exist and require less energy to run are more affordable but are single passenger, can't go faster than what a bike could, and are still pricey. Some trainers travel on hoverbikes that are like motorcycles but less compact, have no wheels, and aren't nearly as loud and can be used anywhere. Most people still use cars and expensive hovercraft is only seen in big cities. If you want to stay fit, you'll probably use your own feet or a bike to travel.

No portals or light-speed travel, but air flights and express ferries are cheaper, or free with trainer licenses, and go at a much higher speed so you can reach your destiny quicker.

Politically, Kanto and the world is more divided. Eastern Kanto nations tend to lean towards heavier government involvement in their lives while western nations have less government involvement. In Pokemon training, there are more regulations in place due to the misuse and abuse of Pokemon in the past.

There's a history to this division of the nations but that'll be explained in the RP itself.

If you have further questions let me know.