Outcry (sign-up/always open)

Thread: Outcry (sign-up/always open)

Default Outcry (sign-up/always open)

The year is 2029, seventeen years after the appearance of a mysterious new species. Nobody really knows how or why they appeared, they just did. The strange new species, being half-human and half-pokemon, were dubbed "Gijinka".

For fifteen of those years, both the Humans and Gijinka co-existed in harmony, until, in 2027, the Division began. The Humans got sick of sharing their space with the Gijinka, and accused them of "taking over the planet". The World Government, a human-run organisation that sets universally applied laws, began introducing methods of population control to keep Gijinka numbers at a manageable level. The Gijinka were understandably furious at this, and demanded that their rights be respected. Tension rose between the two species, until, in 2018, the War began. Despite the Gijinka's inhuman abilities, they were quickly overwhelmed when the Humans unveiled their new super-weapon; the Genetic Restriction Collar, more commonly known as a GRC. A GRC works by nullifying the Human DNA in a gijinka, reducing their physical and mental capacities to that of their half-species; essentially turning them into a pokemon.

Once the Gijinka numbers were too low to pose much of a threat to the Humans, the World Government introduced "Project Fugue"; a simple plan with one aim: to remove every Gijinka, through Nullification or Death, from the face of the planet.

A few pockets of Gijinka resistance sprang up, but they were no match for the muscle of the World Government, and were quickly silenced. Now there are only a small number of Gijinka left in the world, and have been declared an endangered species.

My Name is Felix, and this is my story.

This RP is based on a failed attempt at a FanFic by yours truly, so i decided to make it an RP instead

A few things you need to know before we get started:
    -The RP is set in the real world, so no Sinnoh or Unova or places like that.
    -Gijinka do not fight using set "moves", they simply manipulate their "element" if you will. For example- A Charizard gijinka can manipulate fire at will, a Raichu electricity, and a Swampert both water and mud/dirt
    -Reservations last 48 hours before they expire
    -I'm happy for one or two people to Co-GM this RP with me, and I'll be selecting those who i think will do a good job, not on a first-in best-dressed basis
    -Since I'll be without internet from Friday the 28th of September until Wednesday the 3rd of October (that's Thursday-Tuesday for those of you in the States), the start-up probably won't be until Wednesday. I apologise for this

Rules

Sign-up

My Sign-up/Example

Accepted and Reserved

The story will progress with a small group of Gijinka traveling from city to city and country to country, uniting with other Gijinka and expanding their forces, in an attempt to restore their right to freedom. Meanwhile, the Humans will try to find the group and prevent them from joining with other Gijinka. Although they may come close to it, the Humans must not stop the group permanently, or this RP is made redundant. They are allowed to come close to stopping it, and even succeed temporarily, but not permanently.

Hope you guys enjoy

Cheers

~The Fox
    Last edited by UmbraFox; 26th September 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Awesome Sig by the one and only Princess Crow

Default Re: Outcry (sign-up/always open)

Name: Poe "Light-Foot" Mackaree

Species: Gijinka

Gijinka Species: Drifblim

Appearance: Poe, due to his species, has completely white hair with red pupils. His hair is a bit cloud-like in their form, neatly holding their shape. He wears a dark purple Fedora with a single feather poking out of it, and wears a purple cloth around his neck with the bright yellow X which he will some times use to cover his face. He wears a cape that resembles the patterns on a Driflim. He can wrap this cape around himself and use it to catch the wind, allowing him to fly around without the assistance of wings. He wears a white shirt and a set of purple pants, with a belt that has four yellow tipped streamers hanging from it. The bottom of his pants are tipped in red; people often make fun of him for his elaborate costume, but he doesn't pay them any mind. He is of average height, but he is very light and quite skinny.

Side: Gijinkas (Though he considers himself to be on any side that promotes freedom.)

Sexuality: Hetrosexual

Place of origin: Hanko, Finland

Current Location: Constantly traveling; currently in Sydney (Because how else will there be plot?)

Personality: Poe is a whimsical, free spirited person who rarely gets stressed over anything. While he doesn't have an overly strong sense of justice, he cannot stand seeing people's freedoms being restricted, whether it be by criminals or the government itself. Despite his playful nature, he hasn't shown much of an interest in Romance; he is much more interested in simply hanging out with people who share something in common with him. He considers dating to be binding and restricting, which simply won't do for someone as free as he is; at least not until he finds the person who shares in his enthusiasm.

History: His hometown of Hanko was not very accepting of Poe, but he didn't let their hostility get to him. Poe always believed that the people of the town were jealous of his free nature; Poe has never had a permanent residence, and instead chose to fight for himself. He wasn't bitter about being alone, however; it's all he could ever ask for. He knew very few people on a personal level, but he cared for everyone he got to know, even if they kept their relationships secret from the rest of society.

However, crime rates in the town were beginning to increase. Everyday crime became more prominent in the streets and ally ways, and Poe decided that he had quite enough of the maltreatment to others. He became somewhat of a superhero in the town; he would often step in and stop thugs from getting their own way with people who couldn't defend themselves. However, one day a particular group of thugs proved to be much more dangerous then Poe had anticipated. A gun fight erupted due to Poe's intervention, and it broke out horrendously. The Drifblim hijinka managed to end the conflict after a struggling to take out their leader, but in the end everyone had blamed "Light-Foot" for what had happened. Soon the police and other forces got involved, hunting down Poe both for crimes a gang committed and for simply being a Gijiinka. After a tearful goodbye to the few friends he had in Finland, he spread open his cape and let the Northern wind take him away as he avoided the police. He's been traveling and avoiding detection ever since, but he still feels the need to step in and defend people when he sees injustice.

Fighting style: Poe will avoid direct conflict if he can, but he is extremely light on his feet and is quite acrobatic. However, he likes to avoid close quarters combat at all if possible, and will choose to avoid his foes and attack them from afar with his control over ghostly powers and powerful gusts of winds.

Habits/Unique characteristics: Because of the species of Gajiinka he is, he only weighs 55 pounds total, which is very odd considering his age.

Strengths/Talents: Moving around quickly, silently and without drawing attention. He also has the ability to fly, and due to his sensitivity to winds, he is very good at predicting the weather and other disturbances relating to the winds.

Weaknesses/Fears: Due to how light he is, he isn't very strong physically; he can lift people into the air using his streamers, but lifting someone up severely hampers his maneuverability. He is also somewhat afraid of tight spaces; he doesn't fight well in most indoor locations where his movement is hampered.

Other/Something I forgot to put in the form: He likes the color purple, in case you cannot tell.

Default Re: Outcry (sign-up/always open)

@Blathers, he's great. I'm happy someone is interested in this. Accepted

Awesome Sig by the one and only Princess Crow