One Piece: Blackbeard's Reign Start-Up

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Blackbeard's Reign Start-Up

Lighting Things on Fire Sarcastically Insane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default One Piece: Blackbeard's Reign Start-Up

Roy walked behind Jarrett on the large ship, with both of them being confined by Seastone handcuffs. Roy had procured a cigerette from somewhere, but it had yet to be lit, and it didn't seem like any of their captors would offer him a light. They weren't the most amiable of folks.

The two men- Roy only considred Jarrett a man because of his experience- were some of the last tributes Blackbeard's men had selected, and their island was the last stop before they entered the Grand Line proper. There were two ships; one for those already with Devil Fruits, and one for those without them. Unknown to Jarrett, most of his soon-to-be crew was all on the other ship.

"Jarrett," Roy whispered as they were marched through the corridors of the ship, "I have a plan. When I start it, get out. I'll meet up with you later, if I can. But don't worry about me; you have a goal. I'm someone with no past. If anyone has to die, the man with nothing should be the one to go, eh?"

Roy smiled at a guard and held out his cigerette with his teeth. This guard didn't have the sense to refuse the request of a man with a Devil Fruit.

Roy smiled wider.

---

Three ships, each flying the now-legendary Jolly Roger combination of "Straw Hat" Luffy and Whitebeard, were silently closing in on the two ships.

"We, the Hero Pirates, will not stand for this abomination Blackbeard has created," the cloaked man at the helm of the middle ship said. "We'll free them, and strengthen our forces against Blackbeard."

OOC: Basically, everybody exept GZW and Jabber are on the other ship, in the same cell. They have either already eaten their Devil Fruit or have it to eat- either way, they have Seastone cuffs on. Soon everybody will meet up, after the ships have their captives free. After that, you guys get to decide what happens, bascially. I have a plot, but you guys'll decide where it goes.
    Currently writing Hoenn Wars, a Travelsverse fic that needs no prior Travelsverse knowledge to understand. Chapter Seven, Sacrifice, is up.

That's interesting; I might have a look when I have the time. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh my god, these are too many links! Very specific...
    ^Someone's first impression of TVTropes.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: One Piece: Blackbeard's Reign Start-Up

Jabber dipped his rotten spoon into his moldy soup and slurped it, ignoring the disgusting taste. It had been eight weeks since they had captured him. Eight weeks of hell.

A guard entered his cell. "Time for you to work," the burly man growled. "Them rocks ain't gonna smash themselves.

Jabber sighed. Here we go again,

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Mifi had been sitting there in the prison cell, cuffed. She had recently been forced to eat a devil fruit. As to what kind, she didn't know. She didn't even know what she had done to be captured.

"I would much rather be anywhere but here," she mumbled, "Death would probably be better as well..." she noticed the prison guard entering her cell. She quickly got up.

"You!" the man called to her, "Time to get to work!" he grabbed her by the cuffs and stared at her in the eye. "This time, you better not mess up!"

Blog Entries

The "yard" was a sprawling complex on the prison ship. It was filled with massive boulders for no particular reason other than for the prisoners to smash them with hammers.

Jabber hefted one and swung, shattering a rock.

As dull and tedious as hard labor was, it gave him time to think. And plot. Especially plot.

Jarrett nodded, looking at him. He, truthfully, was waiting for the moment when escape was needed, he'd trained with some of the most legendary pirates in the world, sure, his Devil Fruit Power didn't work right now, but who said that was his only trick?

While the guards where distracted with Roy, he slowly worked his hands into position. He got a stick off the ground behind him and slowly worked it into the key hole of the cuffs, twisting it around until it came open. "Learned that little trick from a thief up north, works on SeaStone too." he thought, but kept the cuffs in a position where it looked like they hadn't been effected, but open enough he could lean them against the wall so it didn't touch him directly, letting him build his energy up as he waited.

OOC: As mentioned, Jarrett has trained all over the place for his dream, so he has quite a few different tricks up his sleves.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Jabber noticed another guard leading a woman into the yard. He knew her; her name was... Mifi, wasn't it? Whatever. Thinking about that distracted from plotting.

He got back to work.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

After she had gotten lead into the prison yard, the guard shoved Mifi to the ground roughly. She got up as he yelled at her.

"Get to work, you rat!" the guard yelled as he walked by and stared at her. She struggled to get one of the hammers lifted, but she did and began smashing rocks.

"I wish there was a way to escape," she muttered to herself.

Blog Entries

Jabber decided that it was now or never. He swung at the overseer, knocking the surprised guard out. Grabbing the guard's keys, he uncuffed himself.

"Finally, those things are off!" he yelled jovially, and blasted a jet of water at the other guard. He turned to Mifi and jingled the keys. "You with me?" he asked her.

Blog Entries

The cloaked man on the trailing ships yelled out a command.

"Wave-Wave Commander! Buzz-Buzz Commander! Go free the prisoners!"

---

The guard gave Roy an odd look. These Devil Fruit guys were all crazy, and this one had a rather unnerving smile.

That's when Roy inhaled the cigerette whole, and blew a very large amound of burning ash in the man's face.

"Seastone only makes us unable to activate our powers," he said, "but Paramecias that are always active aren't effected- we just can't manually activate them. But anything I breathe in, I breathe out until I choose not to, so I'll be breathing this ash for a while. EVERYBODY BREAK FOR IT."

OOC: See the discussion in a minute while I write up the rules over there.
    Currently writing Hoenn Wars, a Travelsverse fic that needs no prior Travelsverse knowledge to understand. Chapter Seven, Sacrifice, is up.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Mifi saw the guy attack the guard and get the keys. "You with me?" he asked her. This was her chance to escape!

"Definitely!" Mifi said in a tone that was a mix of awe and happiness. She might be escaping after all.

Blog Entries

Jabber tossed the keys to Mifi. "Name's Jabber," he said. "And you?"

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Mifi got the keys and unlocked her cuffs. She was finally free. She walked over to Jabber.

"My name is actually Melody Fiona," Mifi started, "But I would much rather be called Mifi. It's nice to meet you."

Blog Entries

"They give you a fruit yet?" Jabber asked Mifi as they made their way out of the yard.

Blog Entries

OOC: Mifi's on the other ship from Roy. Jabber might be, depending on if he had his DF before.

Blog Entries

OOC: Me and Mifi are on the same ship.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast