The Occultists (Sign-Ups) - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Name: Aaron (He doesn't know his parents, so he has no family name)
    Appearance: Average height and fitness for his age, Medium-length brown hair, Dull grey eyes, Has an unkept goatee, Wears a brown coat with a hood that he wears most of the time, obscuring his upper face, wears ripped, baggy grey jeans and a t-shirt with the anarchy symbol on it.
    Dislikes: Has no aversion
    Family: Aaron doesn't know his parents, nor does he care who they are. He was found on a shrine and raised in various households before he was old enough to live on his own, then became a hermit.
    Favorite Thing: Nothing
    Patron: Psyche, a demon in the form of a naked woman with butterfly wings, who saw him and pitied his apathy (He's a nihilist and and is severely antisocial). She has tried since he was a small boy to awaken some sense of love or humanity in him, but has had no success. She has become loyal to him after being with him so long, a loyalty that Aaron abuses mercilessly.
    Powers: Psyche can arouse the primal human emotions that lie dormant in Aaron to ridiculous levels, for a short time, allowing him to go into fits of intense emotion that can be dangerous to both himself and others during battle. She also, theoretically, if given access to a source of greater power, could extend this to cause him to regress to previous evolutionary states, becoming a monkey-like being with great strength and agility.
    Skills: Very good at math, science and other logical puzzles that benefit from an objective mind (I think you mean "good at" XD)
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xolw View Post
    Just wandering, but when will we start?
    I don't like giving set dates, just 'cause something always seems to come up, but fairly soon.

Also, @ImperialSunlight, accepted.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Well,at the very least I have enough time to plan out the scene Im going to do.(Plz critique.) So,to summarize it,bad demon appeares he is powerless then hears a voice asking him to form a contract with Unknown Voice(Cerberus.) he agrees,then accudentaly calls forth flame,and defeats the rogue demon,but lights a building on fire in the process. Causing a very traumatizing memory to resurface,and him freezing up,and going into a state of shock,trauma etc. Then flashback.

Are you okay with this? I really put a lot of thought into it,and have an idea of what he's gonna do after he somehow snaps back into reality.(not the exact same day of course,that'd be unrealistic.)

I overthink things a lot
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 22nd October 2012 at 10:41 AM.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Sounds plenty sexy to me.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Umm...Even if it's only at night, being impossible to kill and stuff is pretty dang OP. Also, did the dragon-like appearance come with her being associated with Nyx, or is she not human?

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

she was always a dragon, I'll give her some weaknesses.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

You...You just added a bunch of powers. That's...Like, the opposite of adding weaknesses. Also, demons usually don't give other demons more power. Usually because that's make it easier for the demon who got power to come back and kill the other demon.

Listen, how about you choose one power (other than being nearly impossible to kill), and decide whether your character has a contract with Nyx or is like half dragon. Maybe you can get some of those powers later. Basically, you're going to start out weak, but you're welcome to get stronger eventually.

I'm just gonna get rid of Homura, and write a new character from scratch. Homura was too mary sue-ish.
    Last edited by Little Miss Eevee; 22nd October 2012 at 03:43 AM.

1249-7189-3936

Name: Kyoko Kitsune
    Appearance: Kyoko has shoulder-length, choppy, auburn hair that she wears in 1 ponytail. . She has a foxlike face, Gold eyes, fox ears, fangs and 9 tails. Kyoko always wears kimonos and dresses.
    Dislikes: being surrounded by people, having people ask questions about her, and people touching her tails.
    Family: Kyoko is an orphan, yet has a long lost sister named Shizuka Kaname
    Favorite Thing: Lemonade
    Patron: What being gives them their powers? Nine tailed fox.
    Powers: What powers do they get from their patron? she is incredibly lucky, but has a huge weakness to water, and dies if somebody cuts her tails off. Kyoko has a wand that can be used as a flamethrower.
    Skills: Riddles, lateral thinking puzzles, and is quite clever. However, Kyoko isn't any good at sport.
    Last edited by Little Miss Eevee; 4th November 2012 at 08:13 AM.

1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

Yeah, okay, I can dig, accepted.

Hmm,so far I believe we have 7-8 characters. May I ask how much characters did you plan to have in this rp from the beginning? Patience is a virtue I know,so I ask questions while I wait.
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 22nd October 2012 at 05:37 PM.

"Persona!"

This question is actually pretty important. Do we all start off as occultists? If so, that'd ruin my initial idea if my character encountering Cerberus. Maybe him burning that building,and a occultist witnessing it will be how he becomes one in the first place.(after he recovers from his trauma of course.)

"Persona!"

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Judging by his suggestion to make it a flashback, I'd say we're meant to be occultists at the beginning, but I don't really know.
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

It's gotta start somewhere,we can't just all be like "Let's make a group called the occultists! Okay!"

Some characters should already be occultists,is what I'm trying to say,but for my character I don't want him to start off with his demon right away....and I did a lot of thinking,and typing beforehand :U

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
    Hmm,so far I believe we have 7-8 characters. May I ask how much characters did you plan to have in this rp from the beginning?
    I figured 8 was ideal, but I didn't expect that much, and I'm really pleased at all the cool characters I'm getting. I was a little worried I'd get a million Inuyasha or Dante or Alucard ripoffs, but I'm glad that's not the case. The only ripoff allowed is my Ciel, thank you very much.

This question is actually pretty important. Do we all start off as occultists? If so, that'd ruin my initial idea if my character encountering Cerberus. Maybe him burning that building,and a occultist witnessing it will be how he becomes one in the first place.(after he recovers from his trauma of course.)
    Not necessarily. So long as your character's powers are weak enough to keep things balanced, it's all good. Although I wouldn't recommend making a veteran occultist, seeing as a) It'd be pretty hard to explain a guy who's been using his powers for ten years being only as strong as a couple of kids who just got their powers and b) There're going to be things in the RP that really experienced occultists might know but n00bs wouldn't.

It's gotta start somewhere,we can't just all be like "Let's make a group called the occultists! Okay!"
    Naw. In the game world, Occultists have existed for a really, really long time, at least as long as man has existed. The first records are probably ancient Egyptian magicians, who made Dungeons in the form of the pyramids to help nobility travel to the Duat, among other things. And Hercules was technically one, although in his time, he was called a Demi-God. The same goes for Alchemists. It's theorized that an Alchemist discovered fire, and most people think Daedalus, the labyrinth guy, was one.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast