The Occultists (Sign-Ups) - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    Not necessarily, but it should be something that could conceivably help against demons.
    Another thing (Sorry if i ask a lot of questions :L )
    Is it okay to have the relationship with my character,and his patron build over time? I recall saying of how I would like that Cerberus refuses to give him the full blunt of his power. Basically I want my character to start off a bit....weak. (and have some form of trauma along the way.) if that's okay with you..

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Quote Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
    Not necessarily, but it should be something that could conceivably help against demons.
    Another thing (Sorry if i ask a lot of questions :L )
    Is it okay to have the relationship with my character,and his patron build over time? I recall saying of how I would like that Cerberus refuses to give him the full blunt of his power. Basically I want my character to start off a bit....weak. (and have some form of trauma along the way.) if that's okay with you..
    That's actually very much encouraged. Most characters should start out a tad weak. Like I said, there'll be chances to make your characters a lot stronger. I'm thinking...Every quarter of the RP, you'll get a chance to drastically increase your dude's power. I'm thinking probably through some quest you go on. Like I'm planning on having us go to Japan so that my dude can find a kitsune. And like maybe we could all go to Hades to help your dude meet up with Cerberus or something. Of course, that's just a suggestion, I'll probably want you guys' input as to what their quest entails.

And don't worry about lots of questions. It keeps the thread near the top and gives me something to do while I wait for more peoples. I like talking about this. I didn't work hard on worldbuilding just so people could not ask me stuff about it.

Also, since nobodies joining the companion RP, just FYI, I edited it a little, so now you can choose your own powers.
    The Alchemists (New and improved)(Sign-Ups)
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

I brought it up,because I was thinking through his story a bit,because witnessing things like that can really take a tole on ones sanity. So just as the rp starts out maybe,I want to do a scene where he accidentally lights a building on fire then the memory of his parents death resurfaces putting him in a state of shock. Nothing too serious though.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

By all means. Do it as a flashback if you want. GMs love that kind of thing.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

The alchemists will meet up with the occultists at some point? That sounds interesting :) I'd make a character for that rp too,but I'm in enough of em for now.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Yeah, at the very least NPC ones. Occultists and Alchemists both fight demons, but since rogue occultists summon demons a lot, and Alchemists often get their powers after seeing demons kill someone, they tend not to get along.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Changed one last time,

Blog Entries

I like it. Accepted.

"Now, me and The Big Man had a deal, see? I keep it to Hell, he keeps it to Heaven. That's why I-"
    "BACK, UNHOLY ADVERSARY! TO THE PIT WHERE YOU BELONG!"
    "Oh, for... Look, I don't like being forced to do this but I don't like the way things are either. C'mon, it'll be great! Like one of those buddy-cop movies!"
    "LIES! I SHALL NOT BE SWAYED BY YOUR TALK!"

Name: John Duncan
    Appearance: John has green eyes, fairly youthful complexion and brown hair. He is 5" 5' with a physcially unremarkable build, although he is by no means weedy or frail. His skin has a slight tan to it, and is completely unmarked or scarred. When he not in his church robes he prefers to wear a white shirt with blue jeans, accompanied by blue socks and white trainers.

Likes: Leading mass, choir practice, helping people out, thrash metal, fire, The Old Testament.
    Dislikes: Sinners, Lucifer, Hell, Classical music, gridiron football, firearms.
    Family: Died in a car crash 4 years ago. He threw himself into the church as a result.
    Favorite Thing: Church

Patron: Lucifer(or Satan), the Fallen Angel. He swept up from the bowels of hell and jumped into the nearest host he could find, a devout Christian as it turned out. Now he's stuck there, although he really isn't that bad of a guy once you get to know him. Sure, he's the prime evil and the Great Adversary who is having a terrible time in a boiling lake of sulphur/huge ice cube/meatgrinder, but the whole thing was not entirely his fault and besides, 8000 years wallowing in scalding cat urine have given the fallen angel some perspective. He's actually pretty much cooled it with God and now serves as the executive manager of Hell, for instance. I mean, it's not really practical or sane to hold a grudge for 8,000 years now is it? Of course, he can still bring the unholy hellfire-fury when he wants and he'll never ever ever be allowed anywhere near Heaven because he's still pretty evil (When your response to the Holocaust is a round of applause and an Employee of the Month award to Gaethsah, Spreader of Hate, you are NOT a good guy), but it's nothing personal.

He keeps up to tab on Earth culture and atrocities, because of COURSE he has the best wide screen TV ever back in hell. He's become kind of attached to humanity, really, in a way a psychopath might breed killer man eating ants and treat them like they're his children. It should go without saying that John does NOT reciprocate this feeling.

Powers: As an (unwilling) accomplice to Hell's arguably most famous resident, John is basically immune to pain and has the power to fly using jet black yet still angelic wings. Lucifer's a talky bugger though, and likes to take over John's mouth and basically demolish his church career and social life.

Skills: He is a talented studier of the bible and has a decent grasp of history. He is also reasonably skilled with his fists and a gun, as much as he hates the things.

Funny to read and such though the immunity to pain I have to admit is a bit OP. I'm not the one who accepts these,but someone else already had to make changes to his powers due to "invincibility." yours counts as it..
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 21st October 2012 at 05:22 PM.

"Persona!"

He's not immune to physical injury in the slightest. If you empty a pistol clip into him, he may not feel the pain, but he'll sure as heck fall over, bleed out and die.

Ooooh,I see what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstanding :/

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chowdah View Post
    Funny to read and such though the immunity to pain I have to admit is a bit OP. I'm not the one who accepts these,but someone else already had to make changes to his powers due to "invincibility." yours counts as it..
    Bro, it's not really your call. @Stencil, accepted.

Bro, it's not really your call. @Stencil, accepted.
    Yeah, I know. Was just givin my opinion :\

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Just wandering, but when will we start?
    Last edited by Xolw; 21st October 2012 at 07:55 PM.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast