The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Blog Entries

Lightbulb The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

In a world much like our own, magic is very real, and practitioners of it live right beneath the noses of regular people. They are the unseen arbiters, peace keepers between the humans and the dark gods who prey on them. They are Occultists, controlling dark powers to maintain the delicate balance between the world of men and the forces of Hell itself.

The World:

Sign-Ups:

Rules:
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 20th October 2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Occultists (Sign-Ups)

Name: Seamus Finch
    Appearance: Seamus is a bit short, at 5'7, and has straight, black hair. He dresses in formal styles, and has green eyes.
    Likes: Tea, fine art, classical music, children's card games, video games
    Dislikes: Being called out on being pretentious, getting dirty, his
    Family: Seamus lives with his mother and father, who are both fairly wealthy. Unfortunately, Seamus rarely sees them.
    Favorite Thing: Children's card games
    Patron: A Tanuki named Miyamoto. Seamus let him crash at his place while he was drunk.
    Powers: Seamus can call upon Miyamoto, who can turn into most any inanimate object. He can't do animals, or really any living thing very well, though.
    Skills: Seamus is fairly good at first aid.

Name: Miyamoto, a Tanuki
    Appearance: Miyamoto looks like a morbidly obese brown Japanese Raccoon Dog that walks on two legs and has a straw hat. To normal people, he just looks like a dog.
    Powers: Miyamoto can speak, and also turn into most inanimate objects, provided it's not an especially advanced peace of technology or too big. Anything made before the 1900s and smaller than a fridge is usually fine.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 22nd October 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Is it okay for your patron to be loosly related to you as long as your not directly related by blood?

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's cool. They're allowed to be directly related to you too, though. But, like, most powers are about equal. Lesser demons don't have much power to give, while greater ones usually aren't willing to give lots of power to humans. So it's totally possible for the son of Dracula to get curb stomped by some kid who's friends with a weak water spirit, provided the latter is more experienced.

Blog Entries

Thanks.

Name: Ame Kren
    Appearance:True form is 5'7, yellow eyes, has dark violet hair with black stripes, cat ears, has claws on both hands and feet, and thumbs are on the other side of her hands, and a tail. Normally appears as a 5'7 foot human with tan skin, yellow eyes and hair of varying colors depending on her mood that day. Typically wears a black shirt with blue jeans.
    Likes: Most drinks caffeinated, music(classical and modern, with exceptions from both) reading, writing, fencing.
    Dislikes: Stagnation, being told to do things she doesn't want to do
    Family: Mother is deceased, was human. Father is a Rakshasa, a shape shifting humanoid feline demon. He is deeply disappointed that Ame shows no inclination of wanting to devour human souls, but he loves her anyway. She hasn't gotten the courage up to ask how he met her mom, for obvious reasons.
    Favorite Thing: Playing her violin.
    Patron: Her father.
    Powers: Minor shape shifting abilities, mostly used to hide any non human features and as a really cheap, good quality hair dye. Could theoretically eat weak souls, but doesn't want to.
    Skills: Really good at playing her violin.

Since her patron is an actual character, I'll put in some information about him as well.

Name: V'sair Kren
    Appearance: Full-blooded Rakshasa. True form is that of a humanoid tiger with dark violet fur with black stripes, yellow eyes, and thumbs on the other sides of his hands. His typical human form is that of a 6'9, black-haired man, tan skin, and green eyes. Typically wears formal wear, and has a fondness of other finely-made clothing.
    Powers: Is a powerful sorcerer, and is fully capable of shape-shifting into any humanoid. Devours mortal souls for both sustenance and power, like any rakshasa.
    Other: Is fairly well known in the occult world as a very scary person to come across, as well as a ruthless businessman.
    Last edited by Xolw; 20th October 2012 at 02:52 PM.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Blog Entries

Accepted.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

So if you're saying that greater demons are a bit reluctant in giving then power etc. I have an idea really,which is why I asked. What if my characters(Very laid-back) patron would be idk Cerberus for example. Would that be acceptable? To add some sort of comedic relief.

((Playing shin-megami Tensei games really gives you a lot of knowledge on demons,and such,but I have a hard time remembering names.)

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Actually, Shin Megami Tensei is where I got the whole idea. I've almost beaten Nocturne. Anyway, basically, your patron can be pretty much any mythological being, like Cthulu or Zeus. So Cerberus is fine. And like I said, you can get powers from them in a lot of different ways, from being descended from them like Xlow's character, to doing a favor for them like mine, to finding a magical artifact made by them.

Also, if your power lets you summon something, I've included sign-ups for minions. They're optional, though.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 19th October 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Name: Lequan Rantan (Not really fond of using several different characters.)
    Likes:Video games,several types of food,sleeping,and or lieing about frequently.

Appearance: Dark-skinned,5'10",200 Ibs. He wears a white shirt with a black jacket,black jeans,and black cat eared beanie that covers his afro on occasion.

Dislikes: Snobs,bully's. Classical music such as violins,etc. working up a sweat. He hates people that try to put him down,despit his habits.

Family:Mother-deceased,Father-deceased, They both died in an unsuspecting fire that happened while he was young. He currently lives alone in an apartment.

Patron: Cerberus,Hell-hound,and guardian of the gates of Tartarus.(Or hell,either one.)

Powers:The ability to make things combust,takes a lot of strength to do so.( set things on fire or explode I guess,I'll change it of its too OP) Can also manipulate fire at will,and doesn't get burned by it. But that's if,and only if Cerberus chooses to grant him with power.

Skills:None really,he's very lazy.

Cerberus-Appearance: http://imgur.com/sVdbr
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 22nd October 2012 at 09:49 AM.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Accepted, so long as you add an appearance section, as well as start putting spaces after commas and colons. It's just that it's kind of a pain to read otherwise.

Ah,I see. Also I added an appearance section.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

I laughed at his appearance. Accepted.

Thanks,also how many sign-ups are you shooting for,for this rp to begin?

Side note-I can have a minion? The only thing that comes to mind is pyro jack, since my character deals with fire.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Well...Pyro Jack isn't really a mythological figure. This isn't a Shin Megami Tensei RP, I just got some ideas from it. Anyway, having pyrokinesis and a demon to boss around is a tad OP, so only if you get rid of your dude's other powers. Like, my dude's only power is making his tanuki do stuff.

And as for how many sign-ups, I'm hoping for at least three or four, although eight is the ideal number. But if we can't get that many after maybe a week we'll start anyway. I might start sooner if like a billion people sign up or something.

I was just asking if pyro jack would be acceptable. I wasn't really planning on a minion seeing as how my characters patron is Cerberus anyway XD

"Persona!"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast