This is not an Academy RP (Signups) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is not an Academy RP (Signups)

Blog Entries

Default Re: This is not an Academy RP (Signups)

*shrug* You've always joined mine, and I've been patiently waiting AGES for you to GM, so... sure. No details? Fine by me.

Name: Shane Gray

Sexuality: Bisexual (because I feel like mixing it up, not that it's likely to ever come up anyway, the way I RP)

Description:

"Why bother?" -Shane Gray

Roughly 5' 11", medium build, with short dark-brown hair, usually swept back. He carries himself with a certain casual boredom, as one does when they are up to nothing particularly important - in nearly all situations, regardless of their actual or perceived significance, and has dreadful posture to boot. His facial expressions are generally reserved, ranging from grimaces to smirks - full smiles or scowls are alien concepts to Shane.

Personality: What personality?

Just kidding. Not an uncommon complaint about Shane, however - and its certainly up for debate. Shane has devoted a good deal of his life heretofore overanalyzing the world around him, and has arrived at a rather disillusioning dissatisfaction. To the ire of his friends (a loose term in itself, given his generally less-than-endearing demeanor), Shane figures he has the world, and everyone in it, all figured out. His perpetual state of apparent boredom is a mere side-effect of this. Everyone is doomed to disappoint him, and he them. Vocabulary hot-keys include: inevitable, futility, and indifferent.

On a less cynical note (arguably), Shane finds the gladiator-esque practice of Pokémon battling barbaric. Naturally, he arrived at this conclusion over time and learned the practice in his teens, so he is capable in a pinch - but he hasn't battled in several years and would be understandably a little rusty.

History: While his personality might lead one to suspect a "life-of-tragedy," Shane hasn't had it too bad. He grew up in a fairly well-off family in Mahogany Town, Johto, with a younger brother (Tyler) and two supportive parents. His mother did eventually leave his father, but Shane was already sixteen at the time and mentally prepared for the forseeable split. He was a late-bloomer to the battling scene, not having acquired the eight Johto Gym Badges until he was 17 - a crushing defeat at the Indigo Plateau would follow.

It was during his failed Indigo Plateau-run that Shane had his "realization" of the perceived barbarism of pokémon battling. He went on to release all of his pokémon, with the exception of his Umbreon, and renounce battling altogether. Now thoroughly disgusted with nearly every aspect of his life, Shane has been seized by a persistent inertia for several years, unsure of what direction to take his life - which is pretty reasonable, considering he isn't passionate about much of anything.

Pokémon: Milo (Umbreon )

Moody little bugger, emulates an exaggeration of his trainer.

Other: I imagine you probably get the general idea from the Personality/History sections, brief though they may be. Anything else worth mentioning is worth mentioning later.

Though I suppose, for the speculative: Romance is unlikely. Battling is unlikely. Becoming best friends/platonic life-partners is unlikely. And for the record... Unlikely =/= Impossible.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 31st July 2012 at 12:35 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Herpes, Freaky Fish Guy, Bossman!! Please reserve me a spot! Or, at least tell me when you plan on posting start up, so I can get my sign up in before then! Thank you~
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Name: Jacob ((yep, another Jake. I NEED MOAR NAMES ROAR!)) Lancaster

Sexuality: Asexual for now. ((He's not even a teenager for Arceus's sake.))

Description: He is tall for his age at 5'0". He is so skinny that his school nickname was Skinny. He's square-jawed and has freckles all over his face and arms. His red hair hangs into his eyes.

Personality: He is cheerful and happy as a person, in contrast to his parents. He loves all Pokemon, strong or weak, and doesn't care about natures or abilities, which leads to his daddy (and mommy) issues. He loves chocolate, and anything made with peanuts. (In fact, he carries peanut sauce to put on food.) He dislikes few foods, tomatoes and mushrooms among them.

History: His parents, famed Pokemon breeders, sent him to a famous Trainer's school at the age of three. As such, Pokemon is about all he knows, but he can read and do basic math. He clashes often with his parents, who are obsessed with strength. They care only about victory, while he just wants to have fun. Eventually he could stand it no longer, and ran away from the school.

Pokemon:
    Doc the Rufflet: A gift from his parents to see him off, and his best friend. His first and only Pokemon.

Other information: He is a stickler for rules, most of the time.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

GG, I'm not going to be starting for another week or so. Family vacation for the second half of this week.

So you've got time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Reserve me a spot as well.

Blog Entries

Come back, Hipster! Pwease?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

I'm here XD

Waiting for those reserves to sign up (Giving them a couple more days)

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Can you give me till tomorrow?

Blog Entries

Said I'm giving you a couple more days :P

BTW MAko/HiPS what about KPU? it's been hanging on my reply.
    also reserve me a spot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DudeEnoch View Post
    what about KPU? it's been hanging on my reply.
    It's pretty much dead.

Name: Dominic Echo

Sexuality: Straight, though he doesn't show any interest in any sort of relationship

Description:

A pale young man with messy black hair and soft green eyes. Dominic is quite lanky, standing about 6 feet tall and a built very thin. He tends to slouch however to try and make himself seem not so tall. Although he's often a rather serious individual he always seems to have a mischievous little grin on his face.

Personality: Despite growing up in a circus, Dominic is a very quiet and rather shy individual. If it weren't for his strange get up he'd probably go unnoticed by most people. On stage however he is a totally different person, full of energy and excitement as he performs amazing magic tricks and illusions which he is exceptionally good at. His true passion however is Pokemon, whose company he prefers over most people. Only with Pokemon does he feel he can be himself. Pokemon seem to understand him when people can't. He also has a mischievious side which he tends to keep hidden, often pulling pranks on others for his own amusement.

History: As an orphan, Dominic spent his entire life as part of a travelling circus which visits regions all over the world. The circus would put on spectacular shows which drew crowds of people. Dominic was one of their best performers, already a master of illusions and trickery even at such a young age. Still only a child, Dominic had a promising career in circus performing. However this wasn't the kind of life Dominic wanted. He hated the stressful life of circus performing and despised the other performers, often pulling pranks on them which got him into a lot of trouble on the rare occasion he was caught.

The only true friends he'd ever made were with the Circus Pokemon, spending hours playing with them whenever he wasn't performing. Dominic also came across many Pokemon Trainers throughout his time at the circus. Seeing these people and their Pokemon and remembering the fun times he'd had with the circus Pokemon had sparked within him a wish to one day become a Pokemon Trainer.

Dominic continued to perform for the circus, becoming more and more skilled as he got older. But as he got older his want to become a Pokemon Trainer became stronger. Finally at the age of 18 Dominic became a free man, putting his life as a performer behind him and leaving the circus to pursue his dream of becoming a Pokemon Trainer. During his time at the circus Dominic had formed a special bond with some of the Pokemon there and they hated to see him leave. Dominic didn't like having to leave his friends behind so offered to take them with him. Now with a party of Pokemon, Dominic is ready to start his new life as a Pokemon Trainer.

Pokemon:

Other: Despite being raised by circus-folk without a proper education, Dominic is actually quite smart and a quick thinker. He also has a general dislike towards humans after several run-ins with other circus performers and seeing how poorly they treated the circus Pokemon. Dominic loves Pokemon though and will always put them before himself.
    Last edited by Googly; 9th August 2012 at 01:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Name: Alistair Jones

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance:Alistair has long blond colored hair that is usually combed back, his hair reaches down to his neck but it's tied into a short pony tail. He has white colored skin along with a pair of blue colored eyes. Alistair has an athletic built from years of working out and training with his Pokemon as well. He has a scar on the side of his neck that he obtained through a Pokemon's Slash attack back when he was still a child. In regards to clothing Alistair doesn't have much of a style, he tends to be a pretty random dresser.

Personality: Alistair is a calm and levelheaded teenager. He usually keeps things to himself and tries not to get himself involved in troubled. He is very dedicated to what he does, whether it's school, sports or training he will always give it his whole, even to the point of sleep or food deprivation. Alistair is one that worries about those he cares about and is willing to even risk his life for it.

He also wants to prove himself. Whenever someone says he can't do something he feels the urge to try and prove them wrong even if he can't do it anyway, because of this he tends to be seen as stubborn to others. He is also naive to a great extent, to the point that he'll almost believe what anyone says as long as he doesn't get prove otherwise. He is also very inexperienced when it comes to showing his feelings which causes him to come off as dry to others.

History: Alistair was born in Jubelife City Sinnoh and lived with his father his mother and his little sister. His father used to be an International Agent and as thus was strict on Alistair to have good grades and be talented. Because of this Alistair grew up with the constant need to push himself further than he could go. When he was six years old he was taken with his dad to work and was present for an attack that was organized by a group of evil trainers; because of this Alistair was caught in one of the attacks and his neck was slashed causing him to need medical aid.

After that incident Alistair always felt like his father held himself back to him, he would no longer talk about his job or get close to Alistair in general. Because of that he felt that he should strive even more and as thus began to do whatever he could to excel.

When he was 11 years old Alistair obtained his first Pokemon a Piplup that he had found on the outside of the city. The Piplup had been injured in the wild and Alistair had taken it upon himself to cure it back to health. After it was cured his mother picked between he and his sister on who should keep it.

Now that he had obtained his own Pokemon Alistair decided to enroll in Jubelife's academy for trainers, an elite academy that helped trainers with the different paths of lie for a trainer to choose. When he entered the academy Alistair met a boy named Zef. Zef, like Alistair was someone that also excelled and as thus the two began to look at each other as rivals. Their rivalry calmed down after a while and the two eventually became good friends with each other.

It all changed though. It turns out that Zef had gotten close to Alistair so that he could strike at his dad, he had been recruited by a certain organization and was sent to spy on them and because of that Alistair's father was attacked after he had been tracked down. While his father had been able to survive Zef had escaped, cutting all ties with Alistair.

After having graduated Alistair decided that he would keep trying to improve himself so that he could one day find Zef and bring him to justice.

Pokemon

Empoleon
    Rapidash
    Cranidos
    Grumpig
    Yanma
    Galvantula

Other: not really anything to add.

Blog Entries

Sorry, Bossman, could ya cancel my reservation? Haven't got time for RPing anymore~ ^.^;;;
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

So, will you tell us who all got accepted into the RP? :3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast