As you all know, we have a proliferation of academy RPs in Bulba RP land.
As your lord and savior (and section head), I have determined that it is time for me to finally run my own RP. I know. Shocking.
I've never actually GMed an RP that I created (I was head GM of KPU for about a year? year and a half? somewhere around there...) so I figured now is a good time. Because why not, right?
Now as you can see, this will not be an academy RP. No schoolwork, no training classes, no dormitories. None of that nonsense.
So now you may be asking yourselves, what does the great and glorious Mako / HiPS / Hide in Plain Sight have planned for us?
The answer to that question is that... well...
I don't have a plan.
Kidding. Of course I do.
This RP is going to be epic. It's going to be a journey. You will feel for your characters. You may cry. You will certainly feel that your time was well spent. That is the promise I will make to you. This RP is going to be a blast.
So now for the nitty gritty.
1. No godmoding. Godmoding is bad.
2. Avoid tennising. An exchange of two or three posts in a row (5-6 total posts by two people) isn't bad. But don't fill a whole page with inane conversation. It's annoying to read (especially if it serves minimal purpose and doesn't provide character development)
3. Post length. Come on people, make an effort. I'm not saying you need to write Atlas Shrugged in every single post. But make it more than three words. Describe things. Be creative.
4. If you've read these rules, tell me something about yourself that I probably wouldnt know about you in a PM
5. Have fun.
6. Don't talk about 'This is not an Academy RP'
7. Don't talk about 'This is not an Academy RP'
8. As RP section head, and thus god of this realm, I reserve the right to add / delete / modify these rules if I see fit.
9. If you break the rules.
- First offense: Warning
- Second offense: Probation (48 hour thread ban)
- Third offense: Permaban from the thread
Also, I reserve the right to give out forum infractions if forum rules are broken.
Name: Dudes, your character has to have a name
Age: Now this is where I start getting into the fun. Make your character any age. A kid starting out his/her journey? Fine. An elderly and wise trainer? Go for it.
Sexuality: don't give a shit. whatever you want.
Description: I don't give a shit about what your character is wearing in this. Because people change their clothes. But I want to know what they themselves look like. Go into detail.
Personality: This is the meat of the character. What makes them tick? Likes? Dislikes? Quirks? Again, be creative and detailed.
History: Flexible here. Sometimes it takes some time to flesh out a character in thread before finalizing their background. But I need a solid base that we can build on. Also, once you make a background, stick to it.
Pokemon: Go nuts. Have one, five, ten, twenty, a hundred. But remember, you can't carry more than six and you can't have any legendaries.
Other information: The most memorable characters are unique. What makes your character special? Think this one through.
Now my more attentive readers are probably realizing that I haven't said a word about what the plot of this RP is going to be. And yes. I haven't. There's a reason for this. I want you all to sign up before I make the plot.
There is a reason behind this. I'm doing an experiment. I want to see if the characters can shape the plot (rather than the plot shaping the characters). All I can tell you about the plot is that it's not going to be an academy. And that it's going to be a crazy 'effing ride.
So if you're in for an adventure unlike any we've seen before on bulba, sign up and let's see what happens.
- HiPS / Mako