Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Sign-Ups/RP Lounge (Sign Ups are now closed)
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Sign-Ups/RP Lounge (Sign Ups are now closed)

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Post Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Sign-Ups/RP Lounge (Sign Ups are now closed)

Plot:

Deep within in the Johto Region, there's an academy that stands in the outskirts of Ecruteak City. It is based at the foot of Mt. Mortar, and is surrounded by woods, lakes, and the caves within Mt. Mortar's walls. It has been called one of the more prestigious academies throughout the Johto and Kanto regions. Students, starting at age sixteen, have been invited to spend four years in the Newfound Academy. With each year that passes, the students will get Pokemon, learn the ways of battling, coordinating, breeding, ranching, and so forth. Each selected student throughout the world will receive a letter, inviting them to be a student.

The Academy has four houses in which the students can reside in for their four years. It is decided upon entry. Also, during your first day, you will receive your first Pokemon. That Pokemon will be your partner, and will help you grow and become stronger throughout your time here. Your Starter Pokemon is to determined upon entry.

How will your first year at Newfound Academy go? What challenges will you face? You will make friends and create rivalries as you gain new experiences. New Pokemon will wait for you, and it's up to you to decide what path you will take.

With this, I welcome you to Newfound Academy.

Houses within the Academy:

Fire House- Represented by Arcanine and Ninetales. (Fiery red colors with gold accents)
    Water House- Represented by Lumineon and Walrein (Blue, aqua and teal shades with silver accents)
    Psychic House- Represented by Espeon and Sigilyph (Lavender, shades of purple and Silver accents)
    Dragon House- Represented by Garchomp and Flygon (Dark Navy colors within the rooms with accented Gold)

Rules:

No Godmodding (because no one likes a god modder)
    No Bunnying
    Be nice to your fellow Rpers because NO ONE WANTS TO BE A SQUIDWARD!
    Romance is fine, but not past 2nd base. If you want to continue, then take it to pms.
    If you have to be absent for any length of time, please let me know beforehand.
    If you are inactive, I won't be afraid to remove you (after three warnings have been given)
    If you have any quarrels with other users or with me, please contact me via PM.
    Any OOC Posts/ideas/discussions should be taken up in the Lounge (located in the Metronome forum)
    Teachers can have up to 6 Pokemon, but no legendaries, as they will be used in the plot of the story.
    Teachers may not have a team of 'overly powerful' Pokemon either. I don't expect teachers to be super powerful to where no one could even attempt to beat them.
    I'm usually nice and am willing to make compromise, but when it comes to these rules, I'm standing my ground.
    If you read the rules and plot, please include “The Winds of beginning” in your Sign-up.

Here's the Sign-up forms for the students.

NOTE: There isn't a "Pokemon" Form for the students due to the Academy giving them their first Pokemon, and depending on your sign-up, you'll be placed in one of the four houses mentioned above.

And here is the Teacher Sign-up sheet.

And here's one of my student SU forms. Also, You don't have to be Nearly as elaborate as me. I just like detail. xD

I will add my 2nd Character and Teacher later

Dragon House
    Arielle Sanders- Head of Dragon House (Played by Winter Enchantress)
    Jonathan James "JJ" Walker
    Abigail Harris
    Animus Celestecuerpo

Water House
    Christina Ferguson- Head of Water House
    Lexie Windrunner- Co Head of Water House
    Kyle Givens
    Yukiko Watanabe

Fire House
    Shinn Ferrer- Head of Fire House
    Tyler Lane
    Saki Uchiha
    Suki Uchiha
    Severin Haze

Psychic House
    Rose Bedingfield- Head of Psychic House (Played by Winter Enchantress)
    Maddie Ferguson
    Luna Hunter (Played by Winter Enchantress)
    Alice Quinn
    Yuki Kaburagi*

Teachers
    Rose Bedingfield- Psychology
    Shinn Ferrer- Breeding
    James Grande- Biology
    Arielle Sanders- Pokemon Medicine
    Christina Ferguson/Lexi Windrunner- Battling
    Last edited by Serenity; 22nd December 2012 at 02:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newfound Academy (The Beginning) Sign-Ups!

I would like to join. I would like to be a student. If you agree to let me join ill post my character.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooh, another academy! Reserve me!
    "But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand... a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light."
    — The Wind Waker Prologue

I claimed Tyranitar!

3DS Friend Code:
    Hunter: 3926 - 5183 - 0564
    Accepting all battle requests!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

@GlaceonLover94; Sure, you can join.
    @Windsaver; Reserved.

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Please reserve me a spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Of course, dear.
    @Stellar Gale; reserved.

Post Thanks / Like

Name: Kyle Givens

Birthdate: 3rd March

Year: 1

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Is 5,7 in height. He has short flat brown hair like dough. His eyes are also brown. He has a long neck. His neck is the same length as is head vertically. He has a small mouth that the sides of it would run into his nose if you tried leveling it with his eyes. When he smiles, he has big white teeth with a tooth missing in the far top left of his mouth if you examined his mouth. Not muscular at all due to him being very skinny. His hands, arms, legs, and feet are nothing unusual or special. Likes to wear short shirts as well as short shorts. He mostly wears these but will put on jackets and jeans and what not if need be.

Personality: Like any other person, Kyle loves and adores pokemon. He will play with pokemon whenever given the chance even if it would otherwise get him in trouble. Kyle is not so comfortable around his peers but is perfectly find around anyone else. He his very gentle and kind. Perhaps even to much because when harassed he often ignores it and chooses not to fight. Kyle also loves to climb heights, mostly trees to stay away from those who would hurt him. He always has a smile on his face when around pokemon. Pokemon that are twice his size he tends to tighten up however. Kyle hates being in pools of water that are deeper than his height. He wishes he can spend more time with water type pokemon because of his hatred of water. When Kyle is put to a task and fails, he will do anything to improve so that next time he does better and hopefully succeeds.

History: Kyle has been emotionally scarred because he lost his best friend. When he was very little at like three years old. Kyle always played with his mom's eevee. Eevee was his best friend and almost everything Kyle did as a child he had his mom's eevee at his side. However two months after Kyle turned ten, his mom traded her eevee to some trainer for a rare pokemon in general, a Kabutops. This scarred and angered Kyle so bad he cried for almost a whole month and during that time lacked in his school. He is sixteen now and he still feels this pain. He tries to make himself feel better by always playing with pokemon so his mind is not always on his good lost friend.

Kyle's hatred of water is more of a fear. When he was eight years old, he went swimming at a park's pool. He was playing with some Tentacool and Tentacruel and they did not know any better as they started dragging him underwater. He was not under the water for like more than five seconds but it really scared Kyle. He never seemed to get over it and refuses today to get in any deep pool of water. Other than Kyle's best friend eevee, his dad was the one that always entertained him. His dad is a pokemon breeder and everytime he comes home from a trip, he brings some random cool pokemon for Kyle to play with. Kyle really looks up to his dad and really wants to go on an adventure. He never really got it and instead helped his dad breed pokemon and take care of him. Pokemon breeding his Kyle's strongest talent so far. When Kyle turned sixteen, his dad told him he should enter the Newfound Academy.

Hometown: Goldenrod City

Future Career: Kyle is still unsure of what he wants to do. He only knows a little about breeding.

Extra: Likes pokemon food which is a little odd. Likes playing with small pokemon the best. Dislikes is peers only because he can't relate to them.

Is this good enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

@GlaceonLover94; Accepted

Water House

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Name: Jonathan James ‘JJ’ Walker

Birth date: October 30th

Year: 1st

Appearance:

Drawing by Shiay (in spoiler)

Since you have a drawing for reference (god your winds of beginning are so effing needy and ish) I’ll just stick to describing what’s not in the drawing. His messy hair is a beach blond and his eyes are a shimmering sky blue. From all the time he spends outside his skin is naturally tan and his physique is muscular and athletic. His most noticeable feature (when he’s not wearing a shirt) is the tattoo of a pair of jet black wings surrounding an artistic styling of a football player on his right shoulder blade.

As for his clothing, he wears a small silver Charmander pendant that’s been his good luck charm ever since he was a little kid. He typically wears open button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up and he finds that undershirts are an optional clothing item (he’s a bit of a showoff and he only wears undershirts if it’s cold). If it’s really cold he’ll wear a thin sweater over the shirt and match a tie along with it.

Personality: Jonny is brash, loud and confident. He’s also relaxed when around his friends and he’s a giving soul. He’s charming, scheming and someone who doesn’t like to play by anybody’s rules but his own. Which means that he’s rarely on the right side of the law. He’s not one to act maliciously, but you can count on him skating where he isn’t supposed to be, cutting class, breaking curfews and just being an all around pain to deal with if you’re an authority figure.

But even with all this, he is actually intelligent and clever and he has a good heart. He just won’t admit any of these things, even if you try and get him to do so.

History: Jonny’s life was supposed to be laid out perfectly for him. He was born into a family where his destiny was all but predetermined. He would be a highly regarded Pokémon Ranger like his father and brothers and he would serve with distinction.

From an early age however, Jonny was sure that this wasn’t him. Where his older brothers had studied their family’s Pokémon and worked on learning all they could, Jonny spent his time lounging on the beach, surfing and throwing the football around with his friends. His brothers were incredibly accomplished academically whereas Jonny’s appearance in class was rare at best.

Even with all of this, JJ seemed to be making his way through life in a way that would work for him. At fifteen he was a student at Lilycove’s finest prep school and his grades were taking care of themselves due to his skills on the football field. Even as a freshman, he was a star and as such his grades would continue to stay high.

In the spring of his freshman year however the wheels fell off. He was caught in a compromising position with the headmaster’s daughter at the spring formal and there was nothing that could save him from getting kicked out of school. He would be the first member of his family in three generations to not graduate with honors.

His parents, especially his father, were devastated. Jonny himself was mourning the loss of football and the fact that he had let down his teammates. His father was desperate to find a way to turn JJ’s life around and get him back onto the Ranger track so he packed JJ’s bags and shipped him off to the academy.

Hometown:
    Lilycove City, Hoenn

Future Career: No idea. He’s sixteen. And it’s not like he’s got his head on straight.

Extra: Obsessed with skating, surfing, snowboarding and alternative rock music. He was also a football star at his old school (even though he was just a freshman) before getting kicked out.

Theme Song: “The Freshman” (The Verve Pipe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

@Mako; I didn't say you HAD to put a pic, but I'm glad you did. :P

Accepted.

Dragon House

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Name: Tyler Lane
    Nickname: Goes by Tye
    Year: Year 1

Appearance: Tyler has spiky brown hair which he usually combs to the back of his head while wearing a white headband to hold it. He has tanned skin and a pair of amber colored eyes as well as an athletic built. He usually wears a red colored short sleeve shirt with a white sleeveless jacket over his shirt. He also wears a pair of thorn off jeans and worn out sneakers. He has three scars on his left hand with one of them just before reaching his hand and the other one on the bottom of it just close to his vein; he usually keeps these hidden with with arm bands. The last scar is a scar on his chest after his heart transplant.

Personality:Tyler is pretty outgoing and confident of himself, he also tends to over estimate his capabilities and is always quick to rush into things without thinking about it straight. He's a bit of a knucklehead and naive to no extent; usually trusting everyone's word without even questioning it a little. He also tends to be a little overprotective of the people he cares about but he also knows when it is necessarily for him to defend them. When he's in battle he changes completely though he becomes more calculative and things about his actions more.

History: Tyler was born in Saffron City where he lived with his parents and his older brother and had a fairly normal life, at least through most of his life. He always had a lot of friends at school and people liked him but that all changed when he turned fourteen. One day his mom caught an awful illness that left her sick in bed and things just spiraled from there with Tyler's mother eventually dying. After this occurred Tyler, his brother Jack and his father had to fare for themselves something that was beginning to become increasingly hard with the loss.

Tyler's brother ended up taking charge of things around the house while their father worked, of course his brother also took thing into his own measures. Tyler on the other hand was always left in the dark due to them not wanting him to have to deal with any hardship. He was always dreaming of becoming a famous trainer one day so that he could go out and make some money for his family.

When Tyler was 16 years old he and his brother had gone out together, after things with their mother occurred the two hadn't had a chance to bond with each other and were finally able to enjoy themselves. However, as they were driving they were hit by a truck. Because of the accident Jack was left brain dead while Tyler had suffered a lot of damage to his heart.

In a last ditch effort the doctors decided to save Tyler by transplanting Jack's heart to his body. Of course the death of his brother had put another hardship on their family. After receiving his brother's heart Tyler's will became stronger though, knowing that he now has his brother's heart Tyler decided that he would do whatever it took for him to become a great Trainer and get himself and his father through their rough patch. After he recovered from the surgery Tyler decided to go to Newfound Academy and try to achieve his dream.

Hometown: Safforn City

Future Career: Trainer

Extra: Winds of Beginning

Theme Song: You're gonna go far Kid The Offspring
    Last edited by Serenity; 17th December 2012 at 09:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

@Stellar Gale; Accepted

Fire House

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Name: Maddie Ferguson

Birthdate: March 2nd

Year 1

Sexuality: Unknown

Appearance: Maddie is about 5'4 tall, and has long, black and curly hair, she has brown eyes which many have said is her mother's eyes. Maddie has fair skin and is considered cute, her face is slightly round with a few freckles across her nose. She is often wearing dark colored clothes, and blue jeans.

Personality: Maddie is a cheerful and almost bubbly person, despite she had some hard trials in her life, especially recently Maddie is constantly trying to remain cheerful. She is quiet most of the time however, and seems to be reflecting on her life. Often she is seen with a laptop, writing on her stories and known as very creative, everyone she loves keeps assuring her she could be a writer. Maddie also loves Pokemon and hopes she will able to train a good team one day.

History: Maddie was born in Unova, in a small city southwest of Opelicd City, her mother Tanya Ferguson is the only parent she really knows, her father having been a one night stand long before her mother knew she was gay. For years it was just them, and Tanya did her best to raise Maddie, while being a SWAT member. However after Maddie turned 10 Tanya starting meeting a large group of Pokemon trainers, from all areas of life. And where she met her first wife Michelle.

Maddie in the meanwhile met a new group of friends. Isabella, Lenore and Rochelle. She became best friends with them and stepdaughter to Michelle. However that didn't last when Michelle slept with another woman, so Tanya ended up breaking up with her, and in revenge slept with a colleague Elizabeth Celeriac, an FBI Agent and the mother of Isabella, which Tanya was promoted to later. It took Maddie hard but she convinced Tanya and Michelle to get along again.

During all of this, Maddie had almost became a Pokemon trainer, hoping to be a good one in the future but didn't get there, she started writing stories and hoped that was her career one day. Only after three years, when Maddie was 16 did Tanya's wife, Elizabeth cheat on her this time with another woman, Michelle's sister, Katherine. Tanya took it hard and vanished for a couple of weeks, leaving Maddie with Tanya's newfound sister Sonya Draconis, who reunited with her a year ago. Just before she did, Tanya and Maddie had discussion about her being a Pokemon trainer and going to an Academy, she agreed but when Tanya had her crisis, Maddie stayed instead.

However soon it was revealed Tanya committed suicide, after a long year of the group of friends she had, breaking apart. Maddie was deveasted and for months her friends blamed each other for Tanya's death, it was settled eventually, in the meanwhile Sonya convinced Maddie she should carry on her mother's hopes for her daughter to be happy, so Maddie agreed and this time headed off to the Academy to be a trainer, Maddie also started writing on a book based on her mother's suicide, trying to get a message of how much it effected those loved ones. She is also in the progress of almost finishing another story, called the Winds of new beginnings, but it has been halted for her new book.

Hometown: Unova

Future Career: Pokemon Trainer

Extra: (Any extra information you'd like to add such as likes, dislikes, etc.)

Theme Song: (Optional as well, but it helps give a better idea on what the character is like)
    Last edited by Agent Gryphon; 18th December 2012 at 04:39 AM.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

@Agent Gryphon; Pending. Make sure you read the rules again. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gryphon View Post
    Name: Maddie Ferguson

Birthdate: March 2nd

Year 1

Sexuality: Unknown

Appearance: Maddie is about 5'4 tall, and has long, black and curly hair, she has brown eyes which many have said is her mother's eyes. Maddie has fair skin and is considered cute, her face is slightly round with a few freckles across her nose. She is often wearing dark colored clothes, and blue jeans.

Personality: Maddie is a cheerful and almost bubbly person, despite she had some hard trials in her life, especially recently Maddie is constantly trying to remain cheerful. She is quiet most of the time however, and seems to be reflecting on her life. Often she is seen with a laptop, writing on her stories and known as very creative, everyone she loves keeps assuring her she could be a writer. Maddie also loves Pokemon and hopes she will able to train a good team one day.

History: Maddie was born in Unova, in a small city southwest of Opelicd City, her mother Tanya Ferguson is the only parent she really knows, her father having been a one night stand long before her mother knew she was gay. For years it was just them, and Tanya did her best to raise Maddie, while being a SWAT member. However after Maddie turned 10 Tanya starting meeting a large group of Pokemon trainers, from all areas of life. And where she met her first wife Michelle.

Maddie in the meanwhile met a new group of friends. Isabella, Lenore and Rochelle. She became best friends with them and stepdaughter to Michelle. However that didn't last when Michelle slept with another woman, so Tanya ended up breaking up with her, and in revenge slept with a colleague Elizabeth Celeriac, an FBI Agent and the mother of Isabella, which Tanya was promoted to later. It took Maddie hard but she convinced Tanya and Michelle to get along again.

During all of this, Maddie had almost became a Pokemon trainer, hoping to be a good one in the future but didn't get there, she started writing stories and hoped that was her career one day. Only after three years, when Maddie was 16 did Tanya's wife, Elizabeth cheat on her this time with another woman, Michelle's sister, Katherine. Tanya took it hard and vanished for a couple of weeks, leaving Maddie with Tanya's newfound sister Sonya Draconis, who reunited with her a year ago. Just before she did, Tanya and Maddie had discussion about her being a Pokemon trainer and going to an Academy, she agreed but when Tanya had her crisis, Maddie stayed instead.

However soon it was revealed Tanya committed suicide, after a long year of the group of friends she had, breaking apart. Maddie was deveasted and for months her friends blamed each other for Tanya's death, it was settled eventually, in the meanwhile Sonya convinced Maddie she should carry on her mother's hopes for her daughter to be happy, so Maddie agreed and this time headed off to the Academy to be a trainer, Maddie also started writing on a book based on her mother's suicide, trying to get a message of how much it effected those loved ones. She is also in the progress of almost finishing another story, called the Winds of new beginnings, but it has been halted for her new book.

Hometown: Unova

Future Career: Pokemon Trainer

Extra: (Any extra information you'd like to add such as likes, dislikes, etc.)

Theme Song: (Optional as well, but it helps give a better idea on what the character is like)
    I think someone skimmed:P, I put it in the actual sign up itself, the history section (Winds of new beginnings), I like doing that because it just adds a bit to it I guess, and doesn't sound so random (Unless the words are random)
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast