A new professor in town
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new professor in town

Default A new professor in town

Hey, this is my first RP so if you see any way it could be improved just let me know.

Plot: Okay it’s your basic Kanto quest, but with a little twist:

Professor Maple is originally from Celadon City, and was successful in becoming a Pokémon professor at a very young age. She conducted her experiments in her home town of Celadon, but her experiments were limited as she couldn't afford a large lab due the high land prices in Celadon. Unfortunately some of her early papers came under criticism, particularly from one Professor Oak who said Professor Maple provided ‘insufficient evidence to support her theories’. Professor Maple knew she would have to move away from her home town, in order to obtain a bigger lab and be able to conduct more extensive research.

The young Professor thought long and hard about where to move.She was still extremely bitter about Professor Oak’s comments and decided to move to Pallet Town to prove her worth as a Professor to him. She moved to Pallet for another reason as well. Using her contacts at the Pokémon League she obtained permission to issue pokémon to beginner trainers in her new hometown of Pallet, putting her in direct competition with Professor Oak. Professor Maple used another one of her contacts, the president of the pokémon fan club in Vermillion, to obtain the pokémon she would issue. She wanted to make Oak eat his words by producing more successful trainers than he did.

She originally attempted to go into direct competition with Professor Oak and asked the ten year olds in Pallet Town to come to her for their first pokémon rather than Professor Oak. However, due to Professor Oak’s reputation in the town they all declined, preferring to go to Professor Oak for their starter pokemon. Professor Oak did not take kindly to Professor Maple trying to steal his trainers.

Professor Maple didn't want to give up on her plan, but needed a new plan to recruit beginner trainers. After a lot of thinking she had an idea; every year there were children who were unable to leave on their journey as Professor Oak only offered 3 pokémon. She decided she would offer these children the chance to start a pokémon journey using the starters she was offering.

For one reason or another your character was unable to obtain a pokémon when they were 10 years old and decide to go to Professor Maple to start their pokémon journey. (please mention why in the history section of the sign up) The characters are as yet unaware of the tension between Professor’s Oak and Maple, so please don’t mention it until they find out.

That’s the basic storyline, but I will throw in a few surprises into it once we get started. One will be a rival introduced by me for each character; some of you may see where i’m going with this... there are many more as well...

Rules: Don’t worry there aren’t many

-Sorry, but no legendaries will be allowed in this rpg
    -No bunnying of other peoples characters (unless you have their permission)
    -Stay Active! It’s a very important part of an RPG, if you are going to be unable to post for a while, PM me, so I know why you aren’t posting and won’t kick you out. This is my first RP and I want it to keep going for as long as possible
    - If you are finding a rare item (i.e. a TM/hold item), you can post finding the item but not specifically what it is. I will then decide what the item is and inform you.
    -Other than that just follow the basic forum rules and keep it pg13
    -Everyone note I will be strict on shiny posts. If I think the post isn't good enough then the pokemon will break out and flee, this cannot be over ruled by an RPer. If the post is nearly good enough, I might give you a second bite at the shiny, but if the second post is short then once again it will flee. obviously the 'stronger' or 'rarer' a pokemon is the harder the shiny will be to catch. i.e. a shiny Rattata is difficult to catch, but a shiny scyther will be damn near impossible. Also it will be an absolute maximum of 1 shiny per Rper, this is not negotiable

That’s all of them. Just follow these rules and this will run smoothly.

Name: Your characters name
    Appearance: Describe what your character looks like
    Personality: Describe your characters personality
    History: A brief history of your character (include why they didn't leave Pallet at 10)
    Starter Choice: Which starter pokémon would you like

also include an RP Sample if you would be so kind

Gameplay: The RPG will start when I have accepted people for all of the slots, it will save the confusion of having different players at different points.

I won't play in this RPG; I'm the Game Master of this RPG. I will play as certain NPCs, for example, I'll be Prof. Maple, and other special NPCs. I'll also set up the areas where you'll explore.
    I will set up each area before you write your posts for that area. In that post I will specify which pokémon you will be able to catch etc. Also I make the decision if you catch the wild pokémon or not. Basically, you can fight the wild Pokemon, up until the point you throw the Pokéball. You will stop your post there and I will decide if you were successful or not depending on the quality of your post. Also, the better the quality of the battle post, the higher the level of the pokémon you catch.

Pokémon: As usual, there will be one grass, one fire and one water type on offer.

I Laugh At Your Misfortune and Sasuneuchiha continuing as same characters from last region with new pokemon.

New Trainers Pokemon:

Odish ( Taken by Coasting Wingull. Called Shrub)

Level - 5
    Gender - Female
    Type - Grass
    Attacks - Assorb, Sweet Scent

Vulpix( Taken by Black Cat320. Called Kasai)

Level - 5
    Gender - Female
    Type - Fire
    Attacks - Ember, Tail Whip

Poliwag(Taken by Goldenrodgirl. Called Kapu)

Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Type - Water
    Attacks - Scratch, Water Sport, Tail Whip

There is a possibility for up to one wild card pokémon choice if the sign up is good enough, but no more. It must be a pokémon in its first stage.
    Last edited by jt4811; 21st April 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Default Re: A new professor in town

Can I reserve oddish? Can't post sign up on through my iPod.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting Wingull View Post
    Can I reserve oddish? Can't post sign up on through my iPod.
    Shure I will reserved Oddish for you untill tomorrow night.

Sweet, I wanted to be in the pokecommunity one, but it filled fast
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Blog Entries

I'd like to reserve the vupix please, I'll post my character a little later
    R.I.P my beloved dog Lisa
    IGN: Cat
    3Ds FC: 0962-9582-2336

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat320 View Post
    I'd like to reserve the vupix please, I'll post my character a little later
    Like Coasting Wingul you have Vulpix reserved until tomorrow night

Blog Entries

Thank you

No worries

Blog Entries

Oh I was just wondering what you meant by 'RP Sample'?

Oh I was just wondering what you meant by 'RP Sample'?
    I was wondering if you could give me a sample of your Roleplaying but ypu dont have to.

Blog Entries

Oh, ok

Blog Entries

Here is my character

Name: Yue Levia
    Appearance: Waist length white hair tied back, sapphire blue eyes, and fair skin. She wears a lilac colored, short sleeved, button up shirt with a dark violet vest. White denim shorts, black sandals and a pair of sunglasses on her head
    Personality: Kind and calm, Yue wasn't able to go out and play as a child so she has a more mature nature about things. Though she's able to travel now she still gets a bit weak, leaving her in a bit of a half-awake like state sometimes
    History: Her mother died of an illness when she was only 4, so Yue has lived outside of Pallet Town with only her father ever since. Having been born with the same illness as her mother she was unable to go out on a pokemon journey when she turned 10, but as she grew a little older her illness grew weaker so at 14 she was allowed to get her first pokemon and start her journey.
    Starter Choice: Vulpix

Here is my character

Name: Yue Levia
    Appearance: Waist length white hair tied back, sapphire blue eyes, and fair skin. She wears a lilac colored, short sleeved, button up shirt with a dark violet vest. White denim shorts, black sandals and a pair of sunglasses on her head
    Personality: Kind and calm, Yue wasn't able to go out and play as a child so she has a more mature nature about things. Though she's able to travel now she still gets a bit weak, leaving her in a bit of a half-awake like state sometimes
    History: Her mother died of an illness when she was only 4, so Yue has lived outside of Pallet Town with only her father ever since. Having been born with the same illness as her mother she was unable to go out on a pokemon journey when she turned 10, but as she grew a little older her illness grew weaker so at 14 she was allowed to get her first pokemon and start her journey.
    Starter Choice: Vulpix
    Your accepted, if you want to give Vulpix a Nickname just tell me

Blog Entries

I'd like to name her Kasai

Done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast