My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic Test Mission (Non–Pokemon RP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic Test Mission (Non–Pokemon RP)

Blog Entries

Default My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic Test Mission (Non–Pokemon RP)

"Welcome to the Greenwood Explorer's Guild! My name is Graph Paper, but ponies here just call me the Guildmaster or GM for short. I know why you're here - you're one of the recruits from Ever City, am I right? Just fill out this form here and we'll get you're career as an explorer started."

~~~~

Welcome to My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic! It's a sort-of crossover with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon based on Diexna's Perquisition, a My Little Pony fanfiction. This role play aims to be a loosely stat-based sandbox style RP reminiscent of both the PMD games and Dungeons and Dragons. The basic format is that a potential player signs up in this thread as a pony fresh out of Explorer School in Ever City who has been assigned to the Greenwood division. You then work as an Apprentice rank explorer to complete missions, retrieve treasure, and explore dungeons all across the land. There will be a Greenwood topic in the Non-Pokemon RP section where you can role play your character, spend our bits at shops, and sign up for missions. When a new mission begins accepting sign ups, it will be posted here in the Sign-up forum in a topic entitled the Bulletin Board. You may sign up your character for that mission in the Bulletin thread. Once the explorers have been accepted by the player who is running the Quest, a separate topic in the Non-Pokemon RP forum will be created for members of that mission only and the player who posted the mission will act as a DM-esque character. As stated before, this is going to be a loosely stat based RP, but it's nothing too number intensive. Simplicity is the goal here.

But you can safely ignore the above wall of text, as this is not the Bulletin Board topic and the large-scale RP described above is not being launched right now. This is a test mission to test my dungeon-crawl system and stats and will consist of a single mission. During and after this mission, the players and I will work out any kinks in the system in order to maximize the fun factor and then, and only then, will the large-scale version be launched. As such, I'm only accepting 2-4 players at the moment. The spots are not first come first serve- You have 3 days to sign up and I will select the chosen players then (on the 8th at 2:00 ish). These players will be considered my co-GMs, so if you can't commit to that, you really oughta wait until the large scale version starts to begin play. Anyway, here's the form our good Guildmaster was talking about:

How stats will be implemented:
    When you role play your character doing something that I or whoever is DMing your mission feels has a chance to fail, no matter how slim, will set a target number in one of the six stats then roll a d20 (20 sided die. A RNG works just as well.). If the sum of your stat and the die exceed the target number, you succeed. Combat is similar. Each monster will have a Stamina, Strength, and Athleticism stat. When they try to kill you, DMs will use your stats as a target number. I.E if you're fleeing from a monster you'd each make Athleticism checks and the higher number would succeed. If you went for a straight up attack, it'd ne your Strength vs. its Stamina. The DM is fully entitled to fudge rolls if he/she feels it would make the game more enjoyable. If you complete a difficult task using a stat, the DM may see fit to reward you with stat increases. I.E. Player X's character hefts the slab of stone onto his shoulders, allowing his teammates to pass through. He gains 1 point of Strength.

And finally, the rules:

Have fun!

EDIT: Update: Using the d20 system from D&D for simplicity's sake and it's time-tested success rather than anything I come up with.

Hack Fantasy Writer

Visit ARBPW's Youtube Channel

Default Re: My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic Test Mission (Non–Pokemon RP)

A roleplaying adventure for a fanfic which I proofread for?

Now I'm interested. I want to see what you can do with this idea!

Add me on FIMFiction (username is ARBPW).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ARBPW View Post
    A roleplaying adventure for a fanfic which I proofread for?

Now I'm interested. I want to see what you can do with this idea!

Add me on FIMFiction (username is ARBPW).
    Thanks! Technically, the SUs should be closing in an hour and a half, but at this point I find it unlikely 2-4 people will have signed up by then, so I'll extend it until I get enough sign ups. Feel free to join if you want to!

Visit RuBoo's Youtube Channel

Name: Kitsune
    Sexuality: Straight
    Race: Unicorn
    Appearance: Kitsune's coat, mane, and tail are all a pitch black color. His sclerae are also black. His irises are red, but that's the only visible part of him that isn't black, as his flank is blank.
    Profession: Cartographer
    Personality and Background: Kitsune is a nice guy, despite his appearance. He mainly keeps his distance from others, especially other unicorns, due to his peculiar ability. He is able to drain magic from other ponies. He never uses it, but it activates itself if a particularly powerful source of unicorn magic is nearby. This is why he tries to distance himself from others, both physically and emotionally; he wants to be their friend, but he fears that if they find out about his ability, they will be afraid of him.
    Not much is known about his history, since he doesn't talk about it much.
    Saddlebags: Monster Guidebook, 2 magic seal stones (used to seal a unicorn's personal ability), map journal, quill & inkwell, Greenwood map.
    Bits: 25

Stats:
    Strength: 0
    Athleticism: 2
    Intelligence: 4
    Perception: 4
    Streetwise: 2
    Stamina: 2

I'm not good at writing paragraphs of character history and the like. Short, simple, to the point.
    Last edited by RuBoo; 19th May 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, if you want, you may put 3 pieces of mundane equipment, i.e. ropes or lanterns, two magic stones (think PMD Wonder Orbs), and one weapon/gizmo that grants a +2 bonus to one of your stats into your saddlebags. I also wanted an RP samlpe, but I don't feel it's really necessary since so few people (a.k.a.: You) have signed up, so I'll pick the first three sign ups and we can get started. :)

What kind of gizmo could grant Streetwise? I don't have any idea, but it could be useful. And I don't use many Orbs in PMD (Escape Orbs when necessarry, but nothing otherwise), so magic stones would be unused. And mundane equipment... Kitsune probably would not use any.

Blog Entries

Maybe a guidebook on monsters or a monocle that looks for inconsistencies in stone to find traps? Use your imagination, it's a fantasy setting. :) The stones work like one-off unicorn spells, so you could have just a pair of Illumination stones in case you're plunged into total darkness and need to see, or you could think of something creative that would be in character for your pony to carry around, as long as it's not too OP. Being a unicorn, you're probably less likely to have mundane, common stones like Illumination or other presdigitation (common, simple magic tricks) stones because all unicorns can use basic cantrips, so think of something Kitsune might want to do that's outside his realm of expertise. Again, imagination is key. ;) As for mundane equipment, being a cartographer, you might want a blank journal to draw maps, a map of Greenwood (the starting town) and the surrounding area, and a quill & ink.

EDIT: Also, edited in a sign up for your RP. Let's both have fun playing each others games, and fingers crossed they don't die! :D

Done.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Oho, Experienced RPer coming through, friends!
    Last edited by Mister Insufferable; 19th May 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Blog Entries

Accepted. What stat points does your gizmo (I'm assuming that's the prosthetic leg) grant? I can only see twelve alloted points, the starting 10 and your racial and class bonus, you should have 14 total. That goes for you, too, RuBoo - you should have an additional 2 stat points in Streetwise.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Oops, thought I put in two more for stamina, only put in 1. Gimmie a sec...

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

OK, done.

Blog Entries

OK, cool. We can start with just the two of you, or do you want to wait and see if a Bodyguard-class explorer signs up to round off the team first?

I'd wait for someone to round off the team, personally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast