Mother 5 (Earthbound 3) Gigyas's Family Reunion! (Sign Up)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother 5 (Earthbound 3) Gigyas's Family Reunion! (Sign Up)

Lightbulb Mother 5 (Earthbound 3) Gigyas's Family Reunion! (Sign Up)

Spoiler warning! This RP takes place right after the events of Mother 3 and mentions what happens at the conclusion of the game, if that does not bother you than read on! (The name Mother 4 is already in use by a different fan made game.)

During the adventures of Lucas, it is discovered that the world ended somehow. Onett, Summers and many other familiar locations ceased to exist with the exception of one special place, The Nowhere islands. After overcoming many difficult challenges, Lucas released an ancient and unbelievable power into the universe. Legends state that this great power could destroy all remaining life or empower and renew it. When the final seal is eventually undone, everything goes dark! (this is where Mother 3 ends)

And just like that, the earth is restored back to a previous state! However, world peace does not come so easily and within moments there is an alien invasion! It turns out that humanity and technology were not to blame for the destruction of the planet but that evil aliens were behind the original devastation and made it appear as though humans had done it to themselves! (for unknown reasons) Years ago, Gigyas’s attempt had been thwarted so now his family (alien relations?) and their minions have returned in order to finish the annihilation of earth! Thanks to Lucas having a good heart though, countless living things were revived including some users of PSI. (or magic) Anyone willing to stand up for freedom now has a second chance to put right what once went wrong and send the unwelcomed guests packing!

Rules
    You may play in whichever area you feel most comfortable in, The Nowhere Islands from Mother 3 currently coexist with the places found in Earthbound. (Eagle land, Winters, Dalaam, etc.)
    Since late comers were allowed in the games, I think that sign ups will likely stay open all of the time.

While the main goal is to defeat the hostile aliens, there are several small objectives that each character may want to tackle first:
    1. Learn about the invasion. (this can be done in a dream or other way)
    2. Power up your hero. (by fighting weaker enemies and things like that)
    3. Gather clues. (anything that could lead to the evil alien leaders)
    4. Help civilians and or local wildlife

Of course with this being a game based off of Mother, there is a lot of creative freedom allowed and players do not have to follow the list at all. As long as no one is going overboard with instant unexplainable god like power then pretty much anything goes.
    Players can team up at any time or if you prefer, go solo.

Monsters, locations and abilities may be made up but new areas must be connected in some way to an existing place from either Earthbound Zero, Earthbound or Mother 3.
    One thing about enemies is that the strongest ones in this RPG will come from the pool of end game monsters from Earthbound (Octobots, Starmen, Atomic robots, etc.) or be variations on them.

Knowledge of the Mother games is not necessarily required, if you are willing to fight strange creatures and bad aliens then you can probably just wing it. (if all else fails than there is always Youtube)
    Main canon characters cannot be used specifically but most minor ones can.

Hop to it earthlings, the Fuzzy pickles are counting on you!

How to sign up:
    Name:
    Appearance:
    History:
    PSI user?: (you may learn PSI as your person gets stronger)
    Special talent: (For Non PSI users only! So long as it is not godly beyond belief then it will likely be allowed)
    Favorite game on a Nintendo system:
    Best stat: (we will not actually be keeping track but your character will be naturally stronger in the chosen area, which could come in handy at some point)

Our cast of heroes
    Elton Near (Pi Face)
    Natalia Aquila (Terra - Chan)
    Dan (Flyin Pikachu295)
    Lahia Leastral (Tailisu10)
    Derek Lyos (Tris79)
    Eldritch Necatare (Pi face)

The Start up thread is This way. (non pokemon RP section)
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 2nd July 2012 at 05:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mother 5 (Earthbound 3) Gigyas's Family Reunion! (Sign Up)

Oh my gosh Pikachu I want to have your child for this this is awesome. Reserve me a spot if you please.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Glad you like it,
    Reserved!

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I want a reserve, this is a great idea!

Consider yourself Reserved!

Blog Entries

Name: Elton Near
    Appearance: Elton is a big fan of the whole hockey mask fad that swept Eagleland a while back, and still wears one. However, people thought he was a serial killer, so he wears it on the side of his head, like a lopsided hat, covering one of his dark brown eyes. Also, as a result of his Nyan Training, he has a pair of kitty ears sprouting from his longish black hair, though only one is visible. As is typical of most residents of Dalaam, he has olive colored skin. He dresses in the clothes required of practitioners of Nyan: A white button shirt, and black slacks, with a belt that has a kitty belt buckle denoting his rank in Nyan. His buckle is Copper.
    History: Elton is of Dalaam descent. However, he was born and raised in Threed, Eagleland. There, he practiced Nyan, a western sect of the Mu religion. His parents were monks of it, and ran the church in Threed. He served their pancake breakfasts, and became a master chef. He now intends to use his cooking skills to battle the aliens.
    PSI user?: Nope
    Special talent: Nyan Cooking: Elton can cook really good food. So good that it heals his allies, or incorporate it into attacks, such as drinking salsa so he can breathe fire, or stabbing aliens with popsicles.
    Favorite game on a Nintendo system: Pokemon Emerald
    Best stat: HP
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 12th June 2012 at 06:18 AM.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Meditating in front of the tv, that sounds like my kind of religion!
    Elton Near, Approved!

And while I'm here,

Name: Dan
    Appearance: Dan is a healthy shade of tan and probably just short of around 6 feet tall. He wears some khaki shorts with a black and white Scott Pilgrim T-shirt. His hair is short, spikey and black and he also has a pair of cool dark colored tennis shoes.

History: Dan was born and raised in High Five Town, located in Eagle land not far from Fourside. Even though the residents have modern devices and such, the town maintains a sort of old time western look. Locals insist that there is no gold or hidden valuables inside of the nearby caves and caverns but the town attracts treasure hunters and archeologists all the same.
    High Five town does have a rather impressive museum that dwarfs even the one in Fourside and that tends to encourage people to visit as well. Dan helps out in the town museum every now and then. Being around so many interesting artifacts all of the time leads him to eventually pick up photography as a sort of hobby/ job. When the world miraculously came back to life, Dan got an ominous feeling that something strange was going on. He then noticed that once peaceful animals had begun acting aggressive and violent. What was going on here?!

PSI user?: Yes
    Special talent: None
    Favorite game on a Nintendo system: Final Fantasy III (SNES)
    Best stat: Guts

Blog Entries

Yay

Name: Lahia Leastral
    Appearance: Lahia is 5'5' tall with a fair skin. Her eye color is lavender and is blond. Her hair is long and she has a side fringe at the side of her face. She is also slim. This gives her an innocent look despite being a little far from it. She likes to wear plain t-shirts, buttoned shirts and jeans.
    History: Lahia is a city girl from Fourside. She likes tricks and messing with people but she is just doing for fun and won't seriously hurt anyone with it. While she discovered that she can use PSI at an early age she didn't really care and mostly only used it for mundane stuffs. She was living a pretty much normal life until of aliens were causing chaos. She decided to do something about it after they started to invade the second time.
    PSI user: Yes. Specializes in Elemental and Debuffing PSI.
    Favorite game on a Nintendo system: Pikmin 2
    Best stat: PP

Lahia Leastral, Approved!

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

Know that school’s out I have time to do this!

Name: Natalia Aquila

Appearance: Natalia has brown hair down to her shoulders, green eyes and has a tan skin tone. She’s around 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She also wears a a t-shirt that is a crimson red color, with a pair of jean shorts that go down to her knees. On her head she wears a pair of headphones that she removed the cords from.

History: Natalia was born and rasied in Onett, where she would spend lots of time in the library because her parents wanted her to study, Natalia would read fantasy books instead of studying because on one stuadys.When Natalia wasn’t at the library she would ether be playing her video games, at school or workinh .Natalia hass part time job at the Mach Pizza in Onett. Natalia had started to use her PSI powers when she when she was 11 and had been practicing with them when no one was around. When the aliens started invading Natalia stood to the battle because if the aliens took over earth, her life would just get misrable.

PSI user?: Yes, mainly buffing and inflicting status condisions

Special talent: None

Favorite game on a Nintendo system: Tales Of Symphonia (Game Cube)

Best stat: HP

Natalia Aquila, Approved!

Great, it looks like we have enough people to start! Sign ups will stay open and I will post the story thread sometime tomorrow or the day after! (altough it is not required, you may want to begin thinking about what kind of weapon(s) your person uses and what stronger versions of it could be found later on in the game. Kudos to Pi face for being the first one to be armed!)
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 11th June 2012 at 05:44 AM.

Name:Derek Lyos
    Appearance:He is 4"9.He wears a blue polo and red shorts.He has a green backpack for important stuff,like a just in case buoy knife.
    History:He was born in Onett.When he was 6,he learned he could run really fast.When he was 8,he accidently developed PSI powers when was shocked by a downed power line.He kept practicing his PSI in secret.Then aliens showed up and he knew he could fight them with his PSI.
    PSI user?:yes
    Favorite game on a Nintendo system:Sonic Heroes(GameCube)
    Best stat:Speed
    Candy Mafia...JOIN NOW!!!

I have claimed my favorite Pokemon,Shinx!! Also Silver and Blaze!

Derek Lyos, Approved!

The game is up!

Blog Entries

I realized everyone else is a PSI user, so I changed my sign up. He's still accepted, no?

Nice touch, he is still good to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast