Medieval RPG/sandbox style RP: ETERNAL (thread will be updated)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medieval RPG/sandbox style RP: ETERNAL (thread will be updated)

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Medieval RPG/sandbox style RP: ETERNAL (thread will be updated)

Medieval RPG/sandbox style RP: ETERNAL

Journey through the mystical land of Vistan and explore its many wonders. From the northern peaks to the south’s jungle adventure awaits all who dare to find it. You, noble adventurer, now have your chance to go out an make something of yourself. Become an eternal legend.

(ok I admit I have no really story and all that, but the point is that I want other people to make up a story in the setting I’ve made. I do on the other hand have a great setting, loads of fun mechanics, and ideas. I’ll supply those in high hopes that you can make something with it.)

The Kingdom of Vistan:

Fiefdoms: (general information about each)

Now that we’re finished with that geography lesson here’s the game mechanics and stuff.

SU

Name:
    Race: (Elves, dwarves, humans. Any other race ask me then I’ll say. NOTE Vistan is a human country, other races live in towns separate from the country even if they are inside the boarders.)

Appearance: 5 sentences wardrobe and physical traits OR pic and wardrobe.

Background: 10 lines

Personality: 5 lines

Equipment: (1 piece/set of armor and a shield or secondary item of choice Ex. Quiver of arrows)

Weapons: (two weapons. Primary and back up. Ex. Long bow and dagger.)

skills: magic, special moves, abilities.

Looting system: the looting system can be compared to that of Fallout or Skyrim. Pretty much anything the foe had can be looted. Make sure you mention the foe carrying it if you want it to drop. (ex. The thief was lugging around a heavy sack that clanked as it moved. From this you can tell there are metal objects in the sack.)

Anyone can go ahead and add another town or special location whenever they want so long as they give an avid description. (twelve to twenty lines, but more is just fine so long as its good.)
    Last edited by jasonwolf; 8th November 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval RPG/sandbox style RP: ETERNAL (thread will be updated)

What about magic? Is there magic?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

yes there is magic, alchemy, herbology. there can also be rare enchanted items.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but do I like put that under weapons or what? Also, which of the towns has the weakest military?

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

most likely one in Whilm since its mostly just farms and farmers.

also I'll add a skill section. you can put a spell or two there.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

This looks rather interesting, I wouldnt mind filling out the details for Cailr becauase that's where I want my character to be from and the character's history is kind of dependent on where they're from. I'll stick to any guidelines that you have but if you don't want to that's also fine.
    Last edited by Terram Validus; 31st October 2011 at 09:02 PM.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Hey JJ, I'm think I want to make a race.

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Name: Miko Miyazaki
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Miko is 5 foot 5 inches, but slim for her height. She has long dark black hair, and blue eyes. She wears a reddish, but worn, weaponmaster's jacket, and thin leather armour around her legs, with leather boots, bound around her legs with bandages for less drag. She ties more bandages around her hands and upper arms, to protect her hands during combat. She wears a dark brown travelling cloak over her clothes when trying to remain stealthy, or in the rain.
    Background: Miko has no memory of her past before eight years old. The earliest she remembers is her first morning at the Assassain's Guild, aged 8, covered in scars across her entire body. She was dumped, near death, on the steps of the prestigious yet secretive Guild, near Fort Sleet. Fort Sleet's soldiers have never found the Guild, despite many aggressions by the fief's military. She was trained to be an Assassain until age 13, when she left the Guild, as is traditional for all Assassains (keeps younger, less experienced assassains on the market for those without money, or sense). On her first mission, she was near-capture, when she was rescued by Byrne, a travelling Weaponmaster who would become her mentor. She trained with him until the age of 20, when he left her one night, and never returned.
    Personality: Miko is an honourable fighter, if fighting against another fighter with honour. In other situations, her assassain training kicks in, and she can be less scrupulous with her morals. She is well aware of her beauty, and uses it to her advantage, but not to the opponents'. She has no mercy in battle, but is protective of those she cares for. She has little-to-no fear of death.
    Equipment: Leather armouring for legs. Climbing Gear (rappel, grappling hook, etc.) for assassaination and stealth jobs.
    Weapons: Thin rapier, and poisoned darts.
    skills: A combination of Weaponmaster and Assassain skillsets

In case you're wondering about the two classes, here's a rundown

Assassain:
    Creature of the night, good at stealth, and infiltration. Does little without pay.
    Skills- Stealth, some Diplomacy, Silent weapons.

Weaponmaster:
    Honourable Warrior when engaging with another such minded opponent.
    Skills- Bladed weapons
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GroundTrainer View Post
    This looks rather interesting, I wouldnt mind filling out the details for Cailr becauase that's where I want my character to be from and the character's history is kind of dependent on where they're from. I'll stick to any guidelines that you have but if you don't want to that's also fine.
    ok then. Now that I've added my map you can see its general location. you can be less specific when adding to a fief then to a town. if you are added special individual towns (ones that you plan to travel to/through) then make sure to flesh those out alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow Blue View Post
    Hey JJ, I'm think I want to make a race.

When I said other races I meant other common races ex. goblins, orcs, merpeople. I will look into this, but to be honest they seem a bit over powered. complete invunrability to fire is too much, high resistance would be fine (so they can't just sit in a fire to evade enemies or go swimming in lava. they can withstand most direct fire and are immune to heat.)

Quote Originally Posted by JakkuEbansu View Post
    Name: Miko Miyazaki

Appearance: Miko is 5 foot 5 inches, but slim for her height. She has long dark black hair, and blue eyes. She wears a reddish, but worn, weaponmaster's jacket, and thin leather armour around her legs, with leather boots, bound around her legs with bandages for less drag. She ties more bandages around her hands and upper arms, to protect her hands during combat. She wears a dark brown travelling cloak over her clothes when trying to remain stealthy, or in the rain.

Background: Miko has no memory of her past before eight years old. The earliest she remembers is her first morning at the Assassain's Guild, aged 8, covered in scars across her entire body. She was dumped, near death, on the steps of the prestigious yet secretive Guild, near Fort Sleet. Fort Sleet's soldiers have never found the Guild, despite many aggressions by the fief's military. She was trained to be an Assassain until age 13, when she left the Guild, as is traditional for all Assassains (keeps younger, less experienced assassains on the market for those without money, or sense). On her first mission, she was near-capture, when she was rescued by Byrne, a travelling Weaponmaster who would become her mentor. She trained with him until the age of 20, when he left her one night, and never returned.

Personality: Miko is an honourable fighter, if fighting against another fighter with honour. In other situations, her assassain training kicks in, and she can be less scrupulous with her morals. She is well aware of her beauty, and uses it to her advantage, but not to the opponents'. She has no mercy in battle, but is protective of those she cares for. She has little-to-no fear of death.

Equipment: Leather armouring for legs. Climbing Gear (rappel, grappling hook, etc.) for assassaination and stealth jobs.

Weapons: Thin rapier, and poisoned darts.

skills: A combination of Weaponmaster and Assassain skillsets

In case you're wondering about the two classes, here's a rundown

Assassain:
    Creature of the night, good at stealth, and infiltration. Does little without pay.
    Skills- Stealth, some Diplomacy, Silent weapons.

Weaponmaster:
    Honourable Warrior when engaging with another such minded opponent.
    Skills- Bladed weapons
    sounds good, but I have one question and a comment:

is this guild in in or out of Vistan?

also the fort is mostly there for boarder patrol just to make sure you know.

Blog Entries

In, but hidden in the mountains. Somewhere.
    And I figure law and order falls under their MO too, as well as housing any soldiers the king sends to try and find the Guild.

Blog Entries

Oh, alright.
    Could you reserve me a spot?
    I'll post as soon as I got home.
    Thanks.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Firstly, about Cailr. As seen on the map, Cailr sits on the east Coast of Solria, bordering the Kalon Sea. As its location would suggest, Cailr’s main export is fish, with the main and capital city Salinn lying just on the coast. Salinn is also a busy port city, docking ships from other Fiefdoms or lands. This also means that many merchants come to Salinn and Cailr to conduct trade. Salinn’s skyline is dominated by the Iron Palace, the government building and the residence for Lady Ella. The climate is usually warm but it gets cooler the further you travel inland. The Fiefdom of Cailr isn’t very populated and, the majority of the people live in or around Salinn. Everyone in Cailr knows and thinks fondly of Lady Ella, the head of state. Despite being rather young, she still takes her role as leader seriously, trying to do whatever is best for her people.

And now the sign up

Name: Haithe Firon

Appearance: Haithe is of average height, around 6”1 and of average build. He has brown hair that is relatively short. He isn’t very muscular like many of the other swordsmen in Cailr as his profession of archery requires him to be nimble and quick. As a result, his typical wardrobe consists of brownish pants and a shirt which he wears a blue vest over. In battle or, when serving as a guard for Lady Ella, he wears the traditionally Cailr armor, predominantly made out of grey steel with a blue fabric cape and a helmet.

Background: Haithe was born and raised in Cailr, specifically, the town of Salinn. His parents worked in the city as the owners of an inn where travellers docked in Salinn would come and stay. As a result, Haithe met many people from around the kingdom, listening to their many stories. Growing up, his passion was archery and he dreamt of becoming the best archer in all of Cailr. After becoming good enough, he began to work as a freelance archer, going on quests or doing errands for people who needed the precise skills of someone very good with a bow and arrow. He soon got bored of this however and thanks to his prowess in archery got a job at the Iron Palace working as a security guard. He worked his way up and now serves as a member of the security team in charge of protecting Lady Ella.

Personality: Haithe is quite easy going and loves to be sarcastic. He tries to find ways to make people laugh as he finds humor to be quite enjoyable. He does however, take his job seriously and always fights with honor if the job requires. He is seen as a bit of a flirt by women as he continuously tries and fails, sometimes comically, to court the Lady of the land, Ella.

Equipment: Has a suit of armor that he wears when in battle or serving on the guard.

Weapons: Longbow and sword

Skills: An exceptional archer but is very week when it comes to sword combat.
    Last edited by Terram Validus; 1st November 2011 at 09:39 PM.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Reserve me a spot?

Blog Entries

Name: Eliot Nadel

Appearance: Eliot is almost never seen outside of formal attire. He usually wears black slacks and nice shoes, a white button shirt, a tuxedo vest, and a tie. On his face, he always wears a pair of heart-shaped pink sunglasses. His skin is a warm tan color, like milk chocolate, and he dyes his somewhat long hair blue. His eyes are green. He's fairly tall, at 6'2, and has a slender build. He wears a ring made of rose gold on his left middle finger.

Background: Eliot belonged to a nomadic people, and was thus raised on the road. His family and a few others constantly travelled in their caravan, trading various goods between towns, until he turned six, when bandits attacked. Normally, his family could fend them off, but the person keeping watch had fallen asleep, so they were surprised.
    Eliot's mother managed to send him off on one of their pack animals, allowing him to escape. He was found by Dynatha, a priestess of Freia, goddess of love.She took him in, and taught him to be a priest. At 18, Eliot made an oath to follow the whims of Freia, to protect the weak, and protect beauty and love in all it's forms. Eliot grew older, and as he did, he yearned to get in touch with his roots, and travel the earth again. So, saying goodbye to his adoptive mother, he took a job as courier. After all, if he was going to travel the world spreading peace and love, he may as well get paid for it. So he now travels the world, defending the weak, fighting for love, sampling the world's fine wine and cuisine, and trolling for women. He is bound by oath to help anyone in need.

Personality: Eliot may be religious, but then, he worships the goddess of love and pleasure, which means he is far from an austere minister. Far from it, he spends much of his time hitting on women, and devotes much of his time to playing card games and art. However, he is very kind, and has in fact sworn an oath to serve others before himself. He'd literally give anyone the shirt off their back if they asked. He also has a poetic, flowery manner of speech.

Equipment: He always carries a roll of enchanted gauze with him that augments his Stone Skin spell, further hardening areas he wraps it around.

Weapons: He doesn't need any, he has his fists and his geomancy.

skills: Eliot, as part of his training as a priest, was required to achieve harmony between his body and the earth. As such, he became a Geomancer, one who uses magic stemming from the earth. He currently knows two spells:

However, his magic relies on him remaining pure and devout. Thus, he has three codes he must follow, or lose the ability to use his powers for a set amount of time depending on the principle broken.:

Further, for the purposes of better understanding the significance of life via learning it's workings, and to protect such, Eliot learned unarmed combat and acrobatics.

By the way, anyone want to coordinate starting locations? RPs where characters start on opposite ends of the game world tend not to last. How about we all start on Illid?
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 1st November 2011 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries

I have accounted for something like that, PiPi, by not specifiying where Miko is as the Rp begins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast