Start Ups Magitek Wars

Thread: Magitek Wars

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Magitek Wars

@Heroic Sociopath; @Naoto; @Peaceful Giraffe; @BadAssKoala; @Heliolisk; @Joltik; @Arcturus;

THE MAGITEK WARS

Characters:

Shizura City

The night was still and clear, the half-moon's light shining dimly above (not that the moonlight was necessary--Shizura was one of the more advanced cities in the world, and was well lit with non-magical electric lighting). It was a peaceful sort of night, where was seemed quiet and content--which made Aina's job all the harder. Even had the night been dark and moonless, Shizura was a tough nut to crack: stable, well-supported by the Guild, and most importantly, well-policed. But all the same, this job was worth it.

Aina flitted from alley to alley, sticking to the meager shadows provided by the corners of buildings, keeping her magic use to a minimum. After all, she still wasn't entirely sure as to the extent of the city's monitoring and security, and she certainly needed to keep as many cards up her sleeve as possible. If the rendezvous went smoothly, she'd been done and on her way out of the city within the hour; no need to complicate the job any more than she had to. Dealing with the Lunar Group was unpleasant at the best of times, but at least they opposed the Guild's efforts at integration, and were open to new alliances. All she needed to do was meet with their representative, discuss a few possible goals and cooperative strategies, and she would be finished.

Spotting a night watchman walking down the street towards her, she ducked into another alleyway, and called upon her mana to deepen the shadows around her. Only a bit more to go until she reached the meeting place. This would be easy.

Wanderer's Rest

Marcel sighed softly, settling comfortably into his usual seat at the end of the tavern's bar. It had been a hard day's working, clearing the rubble from the newly-cleared dig site, but at least it had been simple, well-paid labor. After ordering and receiving his drink, he took a long swig, thankful to be out of the desert sun, especially with the evening breeze now coming in.

Wanderer's Rest was a fairly ordinary desert town, though blessed with a number of ancient ruins. Marcel had originally thought to be on his way as soon as he restocked, but the dig team had been hiring, and the rates had been very attractive. He eyed the archaeologists gathered at a table at the opposite end of the tavern. They had been very generous in their dealings with all the workers--so long as the workers held their tongues and asked no questions.

Oh, they were suspicious no doubt, and dressed like no researchers Marcel had ever seen among the guild. But they paid well, and Marcel couldn't bring himself to care anymore. The job would be done soon, and he'd leave Wanderer's Rest just as he came to it: tied to nothing and no man but himself.

OOC: So I've set up two possible plot threads, in Shizura and at Wanderer's Rest. But you're free to make up your own, and if you need help filling out your own location ideas, just let me know!
    Last edited by Renewal; 21st March 2014 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Maigtek Wars

Philip wandered into the local tavern he frequented. He was worn out from a long day of work and cramming reading ancient tomes between breaks. He walked over to the bar and ordered his usual pale ale which promptly came. He hadn't noticed the new arrivals until halfway through his beverage. Looking around he noticed a man sitting at the end of the bar. "Hi, I'm Philip." He said approaching the man. "What's going on with the influx of researchers and archeologists?" He asked. It seemed to him that the man would have some idea of what's going on. Philip wasn't a big fan of newcomers to his sleepy little town, so he was naturally curious as to why they were here. He guessed it had something to do with the ruins that surrounded the place, but one never knows with Maigtek.

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

Make my day, Internet. Heartist's Avatar

Xenomorphic Jungle

A loud thud could be heard throughout the woods, as a concrete wall enforced by wood toppled to the ground from a single roundhouse kick. Breathing heavily, Gemini took a seat of the smooth wooden bench his telekinesis had created from a couple of jungle trees. Sweat trickled down his forehead as the Esper began to get up. After he recovered his stamina, he began running. Leaping from tree to tree, he escaped the naked eye's perpheral vision as he made his way towards the Esper village. Carrying loads of firewood slowed his Speed ability a few notches, but he needed to contribute and protect the community of defenseless Espers, even if the others didn't realize it. Gemini ran across the vines, eventually making his way to his own jungle treehouse nestled in the canopies. The boy didn't realize until now how tired he was, and lay on his comforting bed quietly. He decided to take a nap; he could always do more training and helping out later.

Blog Entries

The streetlights cast luminous orange halos onto the street below as Jin walked under them. It was peaceful, being out at night. It made him feel as if nothing bad could happen. Or at least would, if bad things didn't always happen.

He was going to go and see his friend, Lee. Not too long ago, he had accidentally broken her robot. He was just going to lean on it, but it just so happened that part of the gauze he normally used to cover his hand had slipped, and the machine had broken down. To make it up to her, he had agreed to help her with her English and really anything else.

He strode confidently through the city streets. Some people might call Jin brave. Most would just call him stupid. To Jin, there was no difference. The curse his arm bore meant he would almost certainly get mugged. Not because the area was particularly violent. But he was so unlucky that if anyone would be mugged nearby, it would be him. But Jin considered it a point of pride to not let that kind of fear get to him. If he got into a fight, that was a chance to get better at it! If he got hit by a car, he could learn to dodge it! If the police mistook him for a serial killer, that'd be an excuse to miss school!

Speaking of that incident, there was an officer right now. Jin quietly slipped into an alley. Thugs were one thing, but he was worried that with his luck, they might lock him up for good next time. Of course, this put him right next to Aina.

"Hi there." He whispered.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 21st March 2014 at 05:57 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

http://everythingsmagic.boards.net

Blog Entries

Lee tapped her foot to the ticking of her clock as she waited for Jin to arrive. He wasn't usually late for their sessions, because she was sure he still felt guilty for what he had done. Besides, she had grown to enjoy his company. They were friends now, and she knew it would hurt her if he decided his debt was paid and walked away.

She glanced at her clock and wondered if it was broken again before dismissing the idea. The clock, which Lee had made herself, had a history of being wrong, but she had tuned it up a few weeks ago to the second and it had seemed to be working fine since then. Jin must, for once, be late. He wouldn't do that on purpose, Lee knew, and she came to the conclusion that something must have stopped him from coming.

She clicked her tongue and a robot cat that had been napping on the shelf woke up, eyes glowing with life. Lee only had to make the smallest of gestures to make the cat understand the situation.

"Jin trouble maybe. Got to help," she muttered, more to practice her broken English then anything else. The cat, who was named Zion, didn't even understand the language. None of her robots had the capacity. Instead they had their own language of clicks and squeaks.

Lee added another command and the eyes of Jezebel, a robotic parrot, opened. The bird flapped its wings gently, gliding down to Lee's shoulder. Lee patted the bird on the head and ducked out the door, squinting in the bright sunlight. Zion followed in her tracks and Jezebel flew overhead.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Blog Entries

Nellie yawed as she enter the town of Wanderer's Rest. She wasn't used to the hot weather that this place had. Despite being fire alined she was not one who enjoyed the dryness of this place. She also wasn't used to staying out this late. She was told by her old master that the ruins here may have had some old magic related books hidden or runes written on the wall on the ruins.

She would get to that tomorrow. She looked around the town and saw that there was a tavern open. She wasn't one to drink, but they could have food! Just like that her belly was rumbling. Nellie jogged on the sandy streets until she reached the building. She walked in and noticed that there were a lot of other people there, but was too hungry to really care. She walked over to the counter and ordered some food.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Magitek Wars

Wanderer's Rest

Marcel scooted over a little as the other man introduced himself, and gestured at the seat next to him. "Why don't you sit down? Name's Marcel." After taking another long sip of his drink to clear his throat, he turned to face Philip and said, "They're the ones who've claimed the ruins for themselves. Apparently, there's supposed to be an underground complex there; the surface ruins were apparently built over them way back when." He shrugged his shoulders and took another swig. "Didn't bother explaining any further to us workers. They're paying well enough, so I don't really care if their story has more holes in it than a fishing net." One more sip, and his tankard was already half-empty. Feeling the warmth of the drink and the tavern's fire settling over him in a comfortable haze, Marcel settled the cup on the bar, and gazed at Philip sharply. "You weren't one of the workers at the dig, so I'm guessing your a native of this sleepy place. What's your story stranger?'

Shizura

Aina's eyes narrowed as some busybody stepped into her shadow field. Accidental intrusion or not, she didn't have time to get bogged down with strange cityfolk; if word of her presence reached the Guild, there'd be no way she could reenter Shizura for the foreseeable future. A spark of scarlet mana flashed between her fingers--a quick and silent takedown would be best, nothing more difficult than simply halting the flow of blood to the stranger's brain for a second. She doubted he would even remember falling unconscious.

Aina gathered the magical energy within a heartbeat and emerged from her shadows, ready to subdue the (hopefully) unsuspecting fool... and stopped when the streetlights revealed a familiar face. She froze and gaped, eyes widening in pure shock before narrowing to dangerous slits. "Jean?!" she hissed, still mindful enough to keep her voice low. "What the hell are you doing here? I told you not to follow me!"

Xenomorphic Jungle

Robin cursed as he tripped over yet another hidden tree root. "Blast this accursed jungle!" he muttered to himself, carefully and decisively stepping over the now-revealed web of roots... Only to slip as his footing settled in a slippery mud patch. Stumbling onto his knees, glasses sliding askew down his nose, he groaned as he wiped the sheen of sweat off his forehead, and grimaced as he felt the dirt and mud that caked him from head to toe. But he had no one to blame for these miserable circumstances but himself--he had volunteered for this research mission after all.

He sighed loudly, and rose noisily, gear clinking against themselves within his rucksack. "Please let me find a clearing soon," Robin moaned aloud.

Make my day, Internet. Heartist's Avatar

The Esper quickly awoke, and zoomed out of the village. Seeing the Magitek Knight, his face contorted into a snarl. Using his telekinesis, he lifted Robin high into the air. "How dare you trespass!"

Blog Entries

Visit BadAssKoala's Youtube Channel

He looked over to Marcel and smiled "Well I work as a risk analyst for a big conglomerate, and I decided to move away from Shizura a few years back to get some peace and be closer to nature. I work from home so its a good deal." Philip noticed his drink was getting low. "Your drink is getting low. What are you drinking?" Sitting down he felt the stress of the day melt away. Nothing beats a drink, a stranger to talk too, and the cool breeze of the night. Philip wondered to himself what they were looking for under the desert village. There has to be something good under these desert sands. Magitek wouldn't waste their time out here for nothing. After his drinks he'd go and visit the ruins. "Do they have guards stationed there?" he asked Marcel.
    Last edited by BadAssKoala; 21st March 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Join the Bulbagarden Battle League!
    ~Ground Elite 4~

I'll be your shadow Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Adam had been making his way through the desert for a few days but he had finally gotten to Wanderer's Rest. He was tired from the journey but he knew it was worth it. Adam had heard about the ruins that could be found in this town and that there were many digging projects as of late, because of this he decided to search the ruins, hoping he might find ancient artefacts or scriptures in regards to Mana. "It's already late now that I think about it," Adam pointed out before looking down at his watch. "I would prefer to check the ruins while no one is working there but I am tired," he heard his stomach growling, causing him to rub it slowly before beginning to look around.

He noticed that there was a tavern open and a soft smile crossed his face before making his way there. He wasn't much of a drinker, not that he felt any need to drink since he never saw the point of it. He was hungry though and hunger was something that wasn't controlled by emotion.

As he made his way into the tavern he noticed that the place was mostly full already, catching some people that seemed like researchers but at the same time looked oddly suspicious. He paid no mind to that though and instead walked towards the bar in order to grab a seat. He let out a sigh once he was finally able to sit down, feeling his leg muscles relax as a wave of relief washed over him. Next to him he could hear two people talking amongst each other, it seemed like they were just getting to know each other. He shrugged and instead turned to look towards the bartender. "Excuse me, what kind of food do you serve here?"

Blog Entries

Chrysanthos entered the tavern shortly after Adam. He didn't much care for establishments such as these, but he figured it'd be the best place to start looking for leads. He sat next to Adam, but remained silent. Out of his extremely short list of things that he felt were worth his time, putting something in his stomach was one, thus he waited for the bartender's answer to Adam's question.

Blog Entries

Lee had been following Zion for what seemed like ages. It probably hadn't been that long, but staying in the shadows with her robotic companions was difficult and time-consuming.

Zion moved forward unerringly, and Lee trusted his judgement absolutely. The cat had a built-in compass, and was only wrong when other strong magnets interfered. It had helped Lee when the tangled city had confused her more then once.

She pressed herself against the wall as a voice sounded nearby and popped her lips together quietly, signaling Zion to join her in hiding.

Lee peered around the corner and saw not only Jin, but also another girl.

The Killy Killy Joker Kanon Shirogane's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moonlight Castle Gardens

Drew Scarlet sat in ornate table in the courtyard garden. It was blanketed in blood red roses, that seemed to give off an mysterious glow in the light of the perpetual full moon. There were large street lamps, with the lanterns shaped like jack-o-lanterns that seemed to have cackles etched into their faces. He sipped tea, with his hit butler Grey.

Grey was a young man who looked like he was in his early twenties. His hair came down in golden locks, and he had pale skin with pale blue eyes. He was handsome enough to be a model, and looked like a proper gentlemen in an dark emerald tail coat and trousers. n

"Your tea My Lord." Grey said, pouring tea into a white tea cup, and placing it in front of Will.

Drew looked down at the cup, with his large red doll like eyes quietly screaming of boredom and apathy.

"Be gone." Drew ordered.

"Yes my lord." Grey replied, bowing, before walking off.

Will sighed.

"Time..." He thought aloud. "It whittles away at those ever so slowly. A young mind naive to the world slowly develops into a mature intelligence aware of the ways of the life they lead. It slowly brings a young child, with their wide eyes full of optimism, to their graves where they can rest. Still... It's nothing but tedium... My immortality has allowed me to live for centuries, but what is it I am to do with this life?"

Getting up from his seat, the chair and table he was sitting at dispersed into a flurry of scarlet rose petals that vanished in the breeze.

"I'm bored..." Will said, his tone slightly annoyed.

A door materialized that seemed to be suspended in mid hair, that was made of oak in material with gold door knobs.

With the a sheer elegance, Will opened the door and stepped into a Shizura City.

Blog Entries

Jin was a bit bewildered. He hadn't even met this woman, but she knew his name. He was used to people mistaking him for someone else. Usually that "someone else" was someone they wanted to beat up. But this was just the opposite. A woman hehas never met that knew his name.

"You...Who are you, and how do you know my name?" Jim asked, perhaps against his better judgement.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

http://everythingsmagic.boards.net

Blog Entries

Lee's brow creased in confusion as the conversation unfolded before her eyes. It seemed like this girl wasn't someone you wanted to cross, and she was worried for her friend. However, she was getting the idea that Jin wasn't in any immediate danger, due to the fact that this girl had called him by his name.

This begged the answer to another question, however. How did they know each other, or more specifically, how did she know him? It appeared Jin didn't know her at all.

Jezebel fluttered upwards from her perch on Lee's shoulder. The bird began circling the mysterious pair at a height where it's robotic features were impossible to make out. Lee nodded to herself, knowing that Jezebel would sound an alarm if anything was very wrong- say, if the girl pulled a knife.