Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lunea's Veil (Pokémon Survival Horror) (Mature Content [Violence])

Blog Entries

Default Lunea's Veil (Pokémon Survival Horror) (Mature Content [Violence])

Advisory: There will be blood.
    This RP is violent in it's nature and is classified as "Mature".
    If you would not enjoy this, it is not recommended you continue.

The legends have spoken of Lunea since the days pokémon were first discovered. With legends that spoke of Xerneas and Yveltal, with legends that spoke of a land so vast and so filled with resources that humanity could be given a free pass for as long as the foreseeable future, it was a pretty enticing legend, even if every single story included Lunea's permanent night-time.

Fifteen years ago, Lunea was discovered. It is an absolutely huge island region - however it is too far from all land for flying or water-capable pokémon to safely make the journey with their trainers. Although the land is nowhere near as bountiful as the legends say it was and the legendary pokémon rumors have yet to be verified, for those who would bear the constant darkness that enveloped the land it was certainly a place to call home. Towns and cities were developed and Lunea became a region almost as any other.

Six days ago was when it started. All contact from Photon Point, a port town in the far north of the region was lost. Although teams of master trainers were sent to investigate, they still have not returned. Due to sabotage, the PC system in Lunea can no longer be accessed.

Four days ago, another town seems to almost vanish from contact - this time it was Eclipse City, one of the region's more major cities. Although this city is only slightly more southerly than Photon, some people become worried enough that they begin to pack up and leave, heading for the port towns in a rush to escape.

Three days ago, the port towns disappear off the map within the space of five hours. It begins with Mirage Coast at about two in the afternoon and finishes at the Sol Cliffs. One shellshocked survivor, a young boy is picked up from near Prism Town, but was too traumatized to speak.

Two days ago, Lunea goes silent. Someone or something has sabotaged communications throughout Lunea. Although some resort to the use of Flying pokémon to relay their messages, it is estimated that less than a third reach their destination.

Tonight, Daybreak City, Lunea's capital city, will discover the truth.

So, this is a bad idea I had one day and since I had it, I've been itching to turn it into an RP! So first thing's first, some ground rules.

Don't be a dick: This means don't bunny, godmod or anything else that comes under you-know-the-drill RPing good behaviour. This includes making a mention of a black Lucario so I know you've read the rules.
    Sexual Situations: Although the RP contains a lot of violent content and you are encouraged to go wild with this, the same does not apply to this (although I doubt it will be relevant to this RP anyway, there is no harm in being watertight.) There is to be no description of any sexual act past first base. If you don't know what first base is, this probably means you shouldn't write these situations anyway.
    Activity: To avoid hangers-on, if I feel you aren't active in the RP, I will inform you of such. If you haven't become more active within a week of this warning, I reserve the right to remove your character from the narrative (usually by their untimely demise.)
    Healing: Healing moves/abilities and items are less effective than one would imagine. Under normal circumstances, these moves work as expected, but in the case of pokémon that are actually wounded, healing items act as appropriate medicine and healing moves/abilities can only speed up the natural healing process. On the flip-side, when used as medicine to treat wounds, Potions and the like are even universal enough to be safe for use on humans.

Anyone else wish to join me in the insanity? Good, 'cause if you do I have a signup sheet for ya right here. Your characters have a simple enough role to start with - they were in Daybreak City (either as residents or visitors) when the disaster began and are now caught in a fight for survival.

Name:Everyone has one of these, right?
    Hometown: Feel free to make up a place in Lunea if you want. All cities and towns in Lunea have some allusion to light or the sun/moon in their names.
    Appearance:
    History: Who were they before the Garbodor hit the Rotom-F? Why did they come to Lunea in the first place?
    Personality: What are they like to be around? How are they coping with the disaster in Lunea?
    Equipment: What do they carry with them? Things like flashlights and food are nice to have. If you do not list it here, I assume your character does not carry it.
    Pokémon: Maximum of two per character. If your character is likely to own more than two pokémon, I have made the perfect excuse above for them to only be able to access two, since the PC system is down. For each pokémon, please give the following
    Name:
    Species: Legendary pokémon are not permitted.
    Moves: Maximum of four, just like the games.

It's dark out there. I hope you brought a light...
    Last edited by Plumbum; 3rd May 2013 at 01:47 PM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

Default Re: Lunea's Veil (Pokémon Survival Horror. ) (Mature Content [Violence])

I like this but I've never felt too comfortable listing Pokémon moves. If this is some kind of survival-horror Pokémon should be able to use something between 8 moves and all possible moves they can learn by leveling up. I don't want to be spamming Thunder Punch on each battle. If you change this I'll join without thinking it twice. Now this is more of a note to self: Golbat and Flaffy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lunea's Veil (Pokémon Survival Horror ) (Mature Content [Violence])

I'm afraid the four-moves is here to stay. There are two reasons for that

1) The same reason you can only have two pokémon - if your mons could use any move they have access to, or even eight, they would be able to answer any situation with the right move. Kind of takes away the fun if I can't pull out anything your team fears don't you think?
    2) Pokémon that can use more than four moves do exist in this RP, however it needs to be said that they are a very special thing (for other reasons besides this one too) and are unlikely to fall into player hands.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 11th April 2013 at 04:41 PM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Scholar of Arcane Arts ShoggothJr's Avatar

Default Re: Lunea's Veil (Pokémon Survival Horror) (Mature Content [Violence])

Ok then, I'd like to join anyway... if at least someone else did.

Blog Entries

I'm sure it'll happen, just give it some time.

Name: Aero Cadver
    Hometown: Castelia
    Appearance: He has light blonde, shoulder-length hair with two silver feathers with blue circles on them, hanging from both sides of his head, under his hair. The feathers are connected to his head and raise upwards when he is threatened or angered. Aero also has intense yellow eyes.
    He wears a light beige, collared shirt, with a silver undershirt; and light-blue skinny jeans with brown tennis shoes.
    History: He lived in Castelia with his parents before he started as a Pokemon trainer. His parents encouraged him to try to make friends, but he was to socially awkward. When he finally left, he headed straight for the new region. When he first arrived he stayed in a hotel in Nocturn, a city near Noctilucent Pass, a thick, gloomy forest with a single pass that leads to Photon Point. Now he is in Daybreak City, waiting for a working ferry.
    He naturally lures in wild pokemon, (the reason his former team abandoned him); not friendly pokemon, but ridiculously hard to catch, vicious pokemon. So far the only two pokemon that enjoys his presence is Night and Air, (a Liepard and Dragonair respectively), which both surprisingly know hidden abilities.
    Personality: He is a calm, stoic person, and is not easily angered. He also hides his pain from others so they don't worry. He was a little frightened by the incident but kept a level head about it.
    Equipment: He carries a couple snacks for himself and his pokemon. He doesn't use a flashlight since his Liepard knows Flash, but he keeps a small one just in case. He also has a fishing rod.
    Pokémon: Liepard and Dragonair

Name: Night
    Species: Liepard
    Ability: Prankster
    Moves:
    • Flash
    • Night Slash
    • Assurance
    • Torment

Name: Air
    Species: Dragonair
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moves:
    • Twister
    • Agility
    • Wrap
    • Thunder Wave

(( This seems like an exciting RP. If there's anything I need to add please tell me. I also made a city and a forest.))((black Lucario))
    Last edited by Aerodine; 18th April 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Blog Entries

@Aerodine; I like your signup, but you're missing something. Please read the OP over again carefully.

I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached... (_ _)'
    The first post of mine has been edited. Terribly sorry.

Blog Entries

May I reserve a spot?

I Claim Groudon.Yay

Name: Agent K
    Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance: Agent K usually wears his Team Rocket uniform but a situation like this requires him to be more subversive than that. He wears nothing more than casual clothing - a comfortable shirt, comfortable pair of pants and comfortable walking shoes. He carries with him a back pack of supplies. His attire gives him the appearance of just another travelling trainer.

History: Agent K has been a member of the criminal organisation, Team Rocket, for almost a decade. He joined their ranks in his youth when he met a recruiting officer in the Cape of Cerulean. Since then he has travelled across the world on various missions. He came to Lunea about two weeks ago on a reconossaince mission. Interested in setting up a small headquarters in this region, his surperiors sent him here to scout the land. Agent K's stay in the region has been extended as he tries to investigate exactly what is causing such strife in the region.

Personality: Agent K keeps to himself. He is not a terribly unkind person but his emotional detachment will often make him seem like a cruel and thoughtless human being. Having said that, this is all merely an attempt to fly below the radar and go unnoticed. He doesn't make any attempt to make friends but avoids making enemies; he considers both to be a hinderance.

Equipment:
    -10 Pokeballs
    -Personal Communication Device (to receive orders from Team Rocket HQ - may or may not be useless here. Up to GM).
    -Approximately P5000. Funding received from Team Rocket HQ.

Pokemon
    Species: Umbreon
    Gender Male
    Ability: Synchronise
    Moves: Payback, Quick Attack, Curse, Moonlight.
    Species: Tyranitar
    Gender Male
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Earth Quake, Dark Pulse.

Blog Entries

Hey guys, sorry for the slow replies, I've been on overtime this weekend and it's been kicking me to the curb really.
    @Aerodine; It's not a problem, but nothing like being sure! Welcome to Lunea...
    @BlackGroudon; It's cool, I'll keep a spot (but that said, I don't plan on limiting SUs at this point)
    @Agent K; Rather like Aerodine, I like the SU, but you're missing something.

As for some more paticular notes - the comms device cannot connect to the mainland, although it can connect to similar devices (my character when I put her up has a Xtransciever) as long as they're also within Lunea.

Another note, for the most part, Sand Stream will require a sandy landscape to take effect. Weather in general gets screwed with on Lunea, mostly because constant sandstorms aren't the greatest thing for atmosphere.

Black Lucario

Blog Entries

Name:Jayce Morrison

Hometown: Somewhere near Lavender Town, moved at age 7

Appearance: Jayce is a moderately tall and rather skinny built man, at about 5 Feet 8 Inches, and 140 pounds. His hair is of a decently long length, about his shoulder blades, and is wavy, in the colour of a deep red .He has a thin, angular face, with high cheekbones and deep, mischievous, green eyes. He prefers to wear old military surplus BDU pants, of various colour patterns, as well as a good pair of either Vans Half Cab shoes, or some rugged, black leather boots. As for upper body clothing, Jayce likes plain black, white, or grey T-Shirts or tank tops, along with a black leather jacket, which goes about to his mid-thigh, and a medium sized backpack. On his right hand he wears a simple analogue watch and nothing on his left. He has a tattoo of a cracking human skull on his left bicep.

History: Jayce was born to a crack addled waste of a mother, as he once said, in a hotel along the roadside, outside some backwater village. He never knew his father, nor did he want to, and he was quickly abandoned by said mother after he was 11. At that point, he quickly got into trouble with the law on several counts of arson and assault. Needless to say, he was sent to “Kiddie-Jail” for 8 months, and started living out in the woods, once released, by himself. At the age of 17, he had a little change of perspective when he stumbled upon his first Pokémon, and quickly befriended it. He has been living deeply within the wooded and, for the most part, unexplored wilderness of Lunea ever since.Unbeknownst to him but beknownst to us, he is currently about 2 miles from Daybreak City.

Personality: Jayce has never really been exposed to very many people throughout his life, and as such, doesn’t have the best people skills, making him introverted and avoidant towards others. When he does meet people, he is very blunt and somewhat cold towards them. Jayce isn’t sure what to even feel about the disaster unfolding upon the continent, to be honest. He is hollow.

Equipment: Jayce carries very practical items with him, nothing he doesn’t need. In his pockets, he has a 6in. long stiletto, a lock picking set, a matte black Zippo lighter, and a very high power Surefire tactical flashlight. Within his backpack he has 4 extra complete sets of clothes, 1000ft. of black 550 cable, his extra shoes/boots depending on if he’s wearing them or not, a two man tent, a sleeping bag, some various non-perishable food, and 5 hyper potions, revives, and full heals.

Pokémon: Charizard
    Name: Bloodline
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Flamethrower, Brick Break, Earthquake, Fly

Pokemon: Metagross
    Name: Malek
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, Earthquake

Black Lucario.
    Last edited by BlackGroudon; 4th May 2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: changed the distance to 2 instead of 20 miles.

I Claim Groudon.Yay

Blog Entries

Hey guys.

So it seems, due to some clusterfuckery involving my phone dying and being sent off for repair, and my limited time at a computer not spent doing something important like collegework, that keeping up with RPs (I run RPs on more than just BMGf), let alone posting in them has become somewhat of a nightmare. As such, I seem to be taking an enforced hiatus from RPing. Best estimates place it between 2 weeks and a month depending on how much my network screws me around this time.

For now, please consider this project shelved, although when I am able to return, I will interest check and restart this RP.

Thanks for the interest anyway guys!

@Plumbum, it's understandable. Your welcome and best of luck regarding college work and other things. ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast