The Lost World

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost World

Blog Entries

Default The Lost World

"It is done." Zoroark bowed to Belle, as she had asked, the Hope Gems had been distributed. "Thank you." Belle could only wait now. Wait for the humans to find the gems.

All around the world, the gems waited for their holders. To those they were not destined for, they did not have any peculiar or special properties. They were just worthless little crystals of no value.

For the few they were chosen for, they carried a strange attraction. They still looked like worthless trinkets, but they would know they weren't just normal. And when they took them, they would hear a voice from inside their crystal, spoken into their mind.

"Go where the prying eyes of others dare not look. And then we speak."

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Default Re: The Lost World

It was a slow day at work for Eileen Abadeer. She was cleaning tables at the local cafe where she worked, and serving drinks to the few hipster customers who stopped by. After having cleaned all the tables, she went to the counter to find a crystal in her tip jar. It looked like an ordinary trinket, but it seemed interesting.
    "Well, at least I got a tip," murmured Eileen out loud. She picked up the crystal, and then she heard an angelic voice.

Go where the prying eyes of others dare not look. And then we speak."
    "I'm taking my lunch break now, boss!" Shouted Eileen, as she walked outside. She quickly hurried into a dark alleyway behind the cafe, and stood still. She didn't know why she was doing this, but she knew deep down that it was important.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

It was just an ordinary weekend for Damion as he layed on his bed playing a video game. He yawned as he breezed through another level.

"This is getting boring," he muttered, that's when his cell phone rang. Damion picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?..Oh hey buddy," after a few minutes of chatting Damion nodded.

"Sure I can go to the movies. Got nothing better to do. Okay I'll meet you there then. See you in five." Damion hung up switched of his game console then went downstairs.

"Going out mum!" he called as he went out the door before his mother could reply.

As damion walked down the sidewalk something caught his eye under one of the hedges. He took a closer look and found it to be a crystal. It looked like just any ordinary crystal, but for some reason Damion felt compelled to pick it up.

"How did a crystal get here anyway?" he wondered aloud. He picked it up and that's when he heard a voice out of nowhere.

Damion looked around trying to find the source of the voice.

"Okay, that was weird. Might as well see what this is about."

So Damion went into an alleyway beside an ice cream parlor and waited for he didn't know what.

Vile, Venomous Villain Murkmire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brutus was standing at the register, one of a few at the fairly sized bookstore he worked at. He was lost in thought about his plans for the future. That's when suddenly a coworker slapped him on the back, saying, "Hey man, your shift is over. Go home." He said it with a grin. Brutus looked over and nodded. He got a coffee at the area where coffee and pastries were sold, left the bookstore and noticed a glimmer in the nearby trash can.

There was a sensation of some sort that sparked within him. Something drew him to that glimmer. But before he did so, he looked around to see if anyone was around. After doing so, he slid his hand into the bin, and picked up a small crystal.

After taking a looking into it's glimmer, a voice rang in his mind, "Go where the prying eyes of others dare not look. And then we speak."

Even though not knowing how or where that voice was, he immediately ran to the restroom in the back of the store. When Brutus reached it, he immediately locked the door and took the crystal back out, looking at it with great confusion.

A blue truck pulled into a Floridian gas station off of interstate 75, well between any remarkable cities. The parking lot was quiet save for the ambient noise of passing cars on the interstate, but was soon filled with the sound of music from the blue truck as it approached a gas pump. The music became inaudible when the truck stopped and its occupant raised the windows, stopping altogether once Clint Cassiday opened the door and stepped out. He pulled his pair of sunglasses off of the bill of his hat and put them over his eyes, then began fueling his truck. Clint began singing the chorus to the song which had been playing in his truck, idly leaning against said truck while he waited for the pump to top off his gas tank. At one point Clint pulled a phone out of his pocket so that he could check the time, but something different attracted his attention as he looked down at his phone.

"Ah'right, what'a we got here," Clint muttered under his breath, reaching down to pick up a small, completely inconspicuous gem on the ground by the gas pump. He turned the gem over in his free hand, finding it remarkable how unusual it looked while remaining so unnoticeable at the same time. In fact, Clint had no idea how he managed no to overlook it entirely. Though he couldn't name any reason why, Clint wanted to hold onto this gem. He wasn't especially confident that it would be a rare, expensive treasure of some kind, but he simply felt that he should keep it at least for the moment. Clint pocketed his phone and the odd gem while mentally reasoning that his grandmother may enjoy it, simply giving a label to an otherwise mysterious desire to keep the stone. As he did, Clint could hear a voice whisper to him.

Clint contorted his face in confusion, peeking around the corner of the gas pump to see if anybody was around to tell him this. Nobody was there, nor anywhere else in his immediate vicinity to have whispered to him in such a way. It didn't matter any more if the words had been shouted at him, as there was nobody else walking about the parking lot who he could have heard. Nonetheless, Clint was certain that he had heard something that was spoken to him. For a moment, he was slightly frustrated by the completely illogical situation as he bent over to confirm that there was nobody, for whatever purpose there may be, hiding under his truck to speak to him. However, the voice was fortunately not persistent. He hadn't heard anything more than he had a moment ago, and though Clint was unsure as to what could have prompted such an odd demand to run through his mind in such a way, he reasoned that the only logical explanation was that he had imagined it from something he had heard before but forgotten.

Although he supposedly solved the mystery of the voice's origin, Clint was still plagued by the thought of its words as he moved his truck from the gas pump to a parking spot on the side of the station. Certain that what he heard was a forgotten reference to something he had seen and/or heard, he walked into the gas station trying to determine what it may have been. At this point, Clint wasn't remotely concerned about the gem in his pocket anymore. Lost in his aforementioned thoughts, Clint gave no attention to the cashier and the gas station's other two customers, all of whom payed just as little attention to him in return as he walked into the bathroom hidden in the back of the gas station.

Where prying eyes dare not look.
    Last edited by Loyalty; 26th November 2012 at 12:13 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Just then, Snow appeared with her medical kit at the rendezvous point. "You there?" asked a voice. "Yes." replied Snow. Then the duo of people were off from Florida.
    Last edited by Leavanny Duo; 26th November 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Belle's gem glowed lightly in her right hand. It only just caught her attention. She didn't quite believe that some of the gems had been found already. She clasped both hands around the gem and she began to speak. "Excellent. You are here. We have much to discuss. Although, we will wait for now. You will feel a sensation strange to yourself, and you will be somewhere strange to you. Find someone who can help you. Tell them you are to meet Belle." The gems in human hands began to glow, faintly at first, but getting more and more intense as the strange narration continued. "Find your way to the Gigalith Cliff. And never let the gems leave your possession." The gems' glow flared up so intensely and suddenly they would have the appearance of an explosion. It would be sufficient to blind the viewers, and perhaps obscure that they were being taken away.

When their eyesight returned to them, the humans would realise two things. They were on some kind of island. The part of the island they had arrived could only be described as beautiful. It was a beach, golden sands stretching as far as they eye could see in both directions, giving way to a vivid azure blue sea at the front. After the beach, the island very quickly cut to a thick forest, almost as if a line had been drawn across the sand and some entity had decreed it stop.

The second thing that they would notice... was that they weren't human any more. They were a myriad of creatures. Some could have looked familiar, such as Brutus whom had adopted some very canine features, whilst some, such as Eileen who had managed to become some kind of electric flying squirrel... thing. Either way, their instructions had been given and there was no clear way to undo what had been done. Aside from the other Gem holders, no other pokémon could yet be seen.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 27th November 2012 at 06:44 AM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Damion shook his head in an attempt to get his eyes working properly again and looked around to find a beautiful beach and forest.

"Wow! What an Awesome place!"

Damion was about to walk towards the forest but tripped over and that's when he realized something different about his body.

"What the? Blue paws?"

Damion looked in the sea and found that he had transformed in to some sort of lion cub creature.

"Woah!" he cried, amazed. "This is actually kinda cool. I feel like I'm in a scene from The Lion King or something."

Damion then found the crystal he had sitting on the sand.

"Uh oh, better not lose this, or this Belle person...or whatever she is will not be best pleased."

Damion managed to pick up the crystal with his tail.

"Okay, guess I better look for this Gigalith Cliff.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Eileen padded the ground to find her glasses. The blinding explosion must have knocked them off. She found them, and looked around, staring at the white sand and the beautiful azure waves of the beach, and the huge canopy of leaves in the forrest. Eileen ran to the waves, and gasped, 'The beach! The beach!', only to hear the words "Emolga! Emolga!" escape her lips. 'That was weird...' She thought. She stared at her reflection in the waves, only to see a squirrel... thing. 'What's going on! I hope this is a bad dream! She thought, and closed her eyes, and pinched her arm. When she opened her eyes again, she was still standing on a beach.

Belle's words rang in Eileen's head. "Go to Gigalath Cliff and don't lose the crystal. Sounds easy enough..." murmured Eileen (but all she really could say was 'Emolga') as she picked up the crystal and walked away.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

After the explosion of light, Brutus was shocked to the point of near unconsciousness. But when he awoke, he crawled up to see a beautiful ocean in front of him. The water washed over his feet, unaware of the changes not only around him, but about him. After some time of taking in the ocean breeze, he held up what was his hand, now a small stubby arm. He blinked, and began to notice the other changes that occurred after the explosion. Looking into the reflection of the water, he noticed he had become a strange looking canine. Pink skin, blue dots about him and teeth sticking out of his mouth.

"Excellent. You are here. We have much to discuss. Although, we will wait for now. You will feel a sensation strange to yourself, and you will be somewhere strange to you. Find someone who can help you. Tell them you are to meet Belle," were the words that rang in Brutus' mind. He looked up and saw he was clutching the jewel in his left paw... stub. He also remembered to find a "Gigalith Cliff," anything but clear to him.

Walking into the forest, he held the gem tight in his paw, knowing this was important.

Hearing a sound, Damion looked behind him and saw two more creatures. One appeared to be some sort of flying squirrel and the other looked like a pink canine. He also happened to notice they were holding crystals too.

Maybe I'm not the only one affected by this. he thought to himself. He cautiously walked towards them.

"Erm, hey, guys do you have any idea what's happening? Because quite frankly I'm stumped." he said as casually as possible, which wasn't easy considering he was still baffled by the fact he was human when he woke up this morning but is now a strange lion cub type creature talking to a flying squirrel and a pink canine.

Blog Entries

Before Brutus stepped into the thick forest, someone or someTHING had asked, "Erm, hey, guys do you have any idea what's happening? Because quite frankly I'm stumped." He turned to see what appeared to be a lion cub, only colored strangely, like himself. That's when he saw a flying squirrel in the corner of his eye. Taking the time to realize he and the squirrel were also holding crystals, he knew they had to be together.

"I'm not sure what our purpose for being here is, but I have a feeling it'll be made apparent soon. Anyway, we should team up. We may need the help." Brutus had said, walking over to the strange cub. He examined him for a moment before extending his stubby arm for a handshake.

Damion knew it was true. It may be almost impossible to do this by themselves so the more help the better. This creature seemed nice enough so why not team up? The more the merrier right? Damion accepted Brutus's gesture.

"Sounds good, anything to find out what's happening to us and why we were chosen for whatever they need us for. The name's Damion, what's yours?"

I apologize in advance for any errors. Phone post.

Clint was washing his hands in the bathroom sink when the voice he thought he had heard earlier spoke to him again. He turned and began looking around the room, assuming that he was going completely insane before he noticed that something was different about the lighting. A light shone from behind Clint which caused him to withdraw the stone in his back pocket, which his was shocked to find radiating in his hands. The voice continued, telling Clint to look for a woman named Belle and a place called Gigalith Cliff, all while the light from the stone gradually became more intense. "Wait now," Clint interrupted as the voice finally seemed to stop itself. "What's even goi-" Clint stopped himself as the stone's light reached its apex, leaving him blinded.

"Oh shit."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As quickly as it began, this unusual little event ended and Clint began to regain his light-dazzled eyesight. He was wearing some kind of helmet now, and it obscured a bit more than half of his view. From under said helmet, however, he could see that he was suddenly and inexplicably standing on a beach. Clint was in disbelief, and all he managed to say in regards to his situation at the immediate moment was a stupefied "What." However, he soon managed to find his words again as he attempted to remove the helmet on his head, at which point he discovered that he has wearing no helmet. He was trying to remove his head. Before the shock of this sudden revelation took hold, Clint realized that his arms looked different as well, and a brief inspection of himself revealed to Clint that he now had the appearance of a Ralts. As Clint knows not what a Ralts is, he angrily questioned why he looked like a helmeted blanket.

Thus, the other Pokemon on the beach whom Clint had yet to notice saw a Ralts, colored navy blue where it would typically be green, cursing loudly, mostly unintelligibly and consistently on the beach. Clint's various curses were his confirmation that he was certainly not dreaming, mentally taking into account the conscious control over his words. More importantly, as he thrashed about in his frustration Clint determined that he indeed had full control over the new body. It was his body now, as irrational as the fact seemed.

Still unfinished with him tantrum, Clint found the stone which he had dropped earlier and picked it up in his skinny white arms. By now, Clint was completely confident that the stone had talked to him, and therefore it must be responsible for everything else going on as well. "Hey now, you best be listening," Clint shouted at the stone as though he was holding a two-way radio. "This shit here ain't alright now, you understand?" Clint waited a brief moment for some kind of response, hoping that he will hear the voice from earlier once again. When he didn't, he cursed once more and tossed the stone as hard as he could. The stone stuck into the beach merely a few feet away, and Clint sat down in the sand feeling defeated.

Provided a moment to cool down, Clint realized that there were other animal...things around him. It occurred to him that they may be sentient as well, just as he was. He entertained the possibility that they could be transformed humans as well, and he felt slightly embarrassed knowing that they all surely saw him lose his composure as he did.

Damion, who had indeed witnessed Clint's temper tantrum was standing there slightly shocked. He never believed in swearing but he could hardly blame the guy. Damion couldn't help laughing a little when Clint started yelling at his crystal. He wasn't sure what Clint was...then again he wasn't a hundred percent sure what he was either. Clint looked like a small child pretending to be a ghost with a blanket and what appeared to be some sort of hat. Damion cracked a smile when he realised this new person had noticed them.

"Err, hi, are we feeling better now? you know...considering."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast