Start Ups Lilycove University: Freshman Year! - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lilycove University: Freshman Year!

Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lilycove University: Freshman Year!

"Aww man my shoulder is stiff like the boards here," Tim stopped his running and looked at the people around him, "I guess everything on this ship is stiff or a stiff, no action no freaking fun," Tim muttered to himself as he leaned against a railing looking down at the water. "Man I would love to dive right here, right now," Yeah he didn't realize that the boat just stopped until he saw people walking down. "God dammit," Tim ran off to get all his luggage and ran down the ramp to reach land. "Ahh that PA system ain't doing anyone favours,"

Diana however was already changed into a white peplum blouse with a black jacket on top along with a long black pencil skirt to match the outfit perfectly. Diana took her luggage and gracefully walked down the exit ramp to the docks, she was pretty excited and a bit hungry but mainly excited as she placed her luggage on the ground. She knew that this was going to be a very long day for her and the rest of the students, so mentally she was prepared but she just stood there with her eyes wandering to the ocean.

Blog Entries

Visit GastlyGibus's Youtube Channel

Juliana heard the announcement on the intercom. She had already brought her luggage out with here on the docks, so she simply picked up her bags and calmly walked off the ship onto the docks, taking notice of the two teenagers, a boy and a girl, standing at the end. One with a bright-orange polo, the other dark-blue.

--

Tabitha stood at the end of the docks, her dark-blue polo shirt a stark contrast to the bright-orange polo that Jake wore behind her. She had a small smile on her face, while Jake looked rather expressionless, his black hair falling just over his eyes. When the majority of the students had gathered off the boat, both Tabitha and Jake walked over towards the exit ramp to greet them.

"Welcome, everybody!" Tabitha said loudly, trying to get their attention. "Hope you guys enjoyed the trip here. No messes to clean up?" she joked, noticing some of the students looking rather seasick.

"I'm sure they were fine." Jake said calmly, before raising his voice so the others could hear. "My name is Jake Lyons, and this is Tabitha Jennings, the heads of the Ninetales and Lumineon houses respectfully."

"Daniel Parker is the head of Cacturne house, but we'll catch up with him later." Tabitha added. "We're 2nd year students, but still just students, like you, so don't be afraid to come up to us and ask any questions, or just chat, if you want to. Anyways, for today, we're serving as your orientation leaders. We'll have a brief tour of the campus, then we'll get you all settled into your housing assignments. Follow me, everyone!"

Tabitha waved her hands at her last statement, motioning for the students to follow her. They began their walk off the docks. The morning sun was shining down on the grass, a brilliant green emanating off each blade, accentuated by the dew drops on them. The landing area was cropped in by large, brown rock formations. One large grassy path to the left led up a large hill, where the dormitory building stood tall, easily visible in the distance.

Tabitha and Jake began walking towards the east, opposite the docks as they made their way towards the campus. A small cobblestone path led further east, downhill into a huge, grassy opening, enclosed on all sides by mountains. The clearing was gigantic, easily several acres large, with brick buildings all connected by stone pathways. Several trees, shrubs, and other forms of flora lined the paths decoratively.

In the center of the campus, an impressive marble fountain stood. The ring of the fountain held various sculptures of different Pokemon, spraying water towards the pillar in the middle. Atop the pillar, three unique sculptures stood above the rest of the structure, with each one taking the form of a Ninetales, a Lumineon, and a Cacturne, the symbols of the school houses. Small fountains at the base of these three sculptures sprayed water down into the base of the fountain below.

Tabitha and Jake both stopped in front of the fountain, waiting for the rest of the students to assemble.

"Now, here you can see the fountain. The fountain was commissioned 30 years ago, around Lilycove University's opening. As you can see, it represents each of the three houses we have here."

Tabitha looked around, realizing she should probably keep things brief so that nobody would get bored. It was too early, anyways, and they were all probably still tired.

"Moving right along, then!" Jake interrupted, before signaling to follow him. He led the students to the right of the fountain, towards the north side of the campus. The path led to a smaller, two story building. "This here is the student center. Any non-school related activities go on here. There's the recreational center, computer lab, and the mess hall. Whenever you have some downtime, this is the place to go to socialize."

With that, they continued down the path, towards the far east of the school grounds. They stopped in front of a very large, regal looking building, at least four stories tall, the entrance of which was decorated with large, thick pillars.

"This is Lilycove University's library. You'll find any kind of book you can think of, from fiction to research, scientific journals to sci-fi adventures. If you ever need sources for an assignment, this is definitely the place to look." Jake said, as they continued along the campus.

The came to a stop at the southern end of the grounds, where another fairly large building rested, in the same regal-looking theme as the library.

"Finally, we have the lecture hall. This is where the majority of your classes will take place. There's not much to do here when class is over, so you'll find it's pretty empty most of the time." Jake continued, as they began to make their way back towards the docks in the west. "When we said brief tour, we meant it." Jake chuckled a bit as he said that.

"Now, there was going to be an awesome welcoming ceremony for you guys," Tabitha spoke up, looking slightly disappointed, "but the headmaster and the staff had to have an 'emergency meeting' and the ceremony was postponed. So, we're going back to the dorms for now to settle in."

"Well, it's not all that bad, Tabitha." Jake mentioned, smiling a bit. "The students will be receiving their starters at the dorms."

--

Juliana, even though she enjoyed the tour, couldn't help but perk up at the mention of their starters. She was anxious to see who her partner was going to be.

"I hope it's nothing scary..." she thought to herself.

--

"I'll be happy to answer any questions you guys have on the way back. It's a bit of a trek from here, so we have time." Jake added, as they continued to walk back to the dorms.

The Storm of the Sky White Raven's Avatar

Adèle followed behind Tabitha, her short yet thin physique moving swiftly.

Holding up the back of the group, Rafi took a moment to stare at the statues spewing water. She then hurriedly caught up with the other students.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Jamie thought about if she needed to know anything and then a thought popped into mind. "Um how is this school organized gender wise....? Like are half the dorms for girls and half for boy. Are bathrooms unisex or separated by gender. That kind of thing."
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

Fresh Prince Ladies and Gentlemen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since Hanaeda felt like he knew Tabitha best out of the group (Though this wasn't saying much), he kept near her. He also noticed Adele, coming with. As they passed the fountain, he reached into his pocket, flicking a coin in and making a wish. He looked at Tabitha and Adele.

"What starter are you hoping for? I think a Beldum would be cool." He asked. He then turned to Jake.

"I have a couple. How are we being sorted into the houses? Do you have a talking hat? Also, when do we get our starters?" He was actually very excited to get his first Pokemon.

He noticed another person speaking. They wanted to know if dorms were unisex. He was having a hard time discerning...Her? His? Gender. Ah well, he'd go with his.

"Yeah, how do dorms work, anyways?" He wondered.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

My RPs:
    Paranatural : Earthbound meets Scooby Doo
    Pokemon RBY RP : I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion.
    Nocturne Academy: GMing with Naoto: The ultimate pleasure!
    Wanted!: Bad people doing bad things.

Blog Entries

"No, I don't believe I've ever owned a talking hat..." Jake responded to Hanaeda, laughing at bit at his question. "We'll get your starters at the dorms, just be patient."

Jake continued, answering Jamie's question. "Well, for the dorms, it's a bit lax, really." Jake responded to Jamie, thinking about it for a bit as they walked. "Unlike other schools, this school isn't so strict on gender separation. Once we get to the dorms and you're assigned to your group, you pretty much just... pick a room on your floor. Doesn't matter, really. Each dorm room gets their own bathroom, which is pretty neat. In public buildings, restrooms are gender separated, but that's to be expected."

"Just so I can become better acquainted, what's your name, my good sir?" Jake asked Jamie, trying to sound polite.

I'll be your shadow Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Will didn't say anything as they were led through the tour of the school, instead he just looked around curiously and made sure to take everything in. The school was pretty amazing, that much he had to admit, and yet there was still something that was tugging at him as he followed the group along. Certainly hearing Jake say how the headmaster and other teachers had to have a "special meeting" piqued his interest, but he figured now wasn't the time for that. "I have a question, is it true that there's ghosts in this school?" he asked without a care as he brushed his hand against the back of his head.

Blog Entries

"Hmm, well, about that--" Jake started to answer Will's question, before being abruptly cut off.

"I can answer that." Tabitha said plainly, interrupting Jake. "No, there are no ghosts, and anyone who tells you there are is just being a prankster."

Jake and Tabitha exchanged looks, Tabitha eyeing Jake rather threateningly. Jake simply shrugged, turning away from Tabitha and back to Will.

"What she said." He stated plainly. However, when Tabitha turned around, Jake looked back at Will, silently mouthing something to him.

"We'll talk later."

I'll be your shadow Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Will didn't say anything, instead his raised his eyebrow at Tabitha's reaction before a smirk crossed his face. "Seems like this place will be more fun than I thought," he said with a chuckle.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

"Jamie," she answered to Jake, unsure if she should tell him that she wasn't a sir....or a ma'am. She wasn't sure how she should reply to him, but sir did just sound wrong for her senior to be using.... "Also I'm not a sir....or a ma'am.Thank you for answering my question," she told him. Now which bathroom was she supposed to use?

She listened to the others, the ghosts slightly piquing her interest, well rather the school trying to cover them up. The subject itself, well there was a whole type of pokemon called ghost type.
    Quote Originally Posted by the Ruby Circle
    "He's an animal," growled Dimitri. "He has no business being here."
    "Well, I suppose it–" I stopped and reconsidered Dimitri's words. "Do you know him or something?"
    Dimitri eyed me. "Yes. Do you?"
    "Yeah," I said. "He's my uncle. Rand Ivashkov."
    "Oh?" Dimitri's hardened expression didn't change. "He's my father."
    The Heart Connects The Suits♥Truth and Ideals☯ Starline☄

Blog Entries

"Oh, well..." Jake said, a bit caught off guard by Jamie's answer. "I apologize, Jamie. My mistake." he said plainly, hoping he didn't offend the student.

They continued walking for a bit, nearing the docks, as Jake spoke up again. "Any more questions before we proceed to the dorms? I can tell you're all anxious to receive your starters. It's quite exciting, I must say."

Fresh Prince Ladies and Gentlemen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Are there any clubs in the school?" Hanaeda asked. He was a bit confused about Jamie's reaction, but he wasn't too bothered. He figured some people just didn't want to be tied down to gender.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

My RPs:
    Paranatural : Earthbound meets Scooby Doo
    Pokemon RBY RP : I read on Kotaku that it's better than Civ 5 with the Brave New World expansion.
    Nocturne Academy: GMing with Naoto: The ultimate pleasure!
    Wanted!: Bad people doing bad things.

I'm World Class Yang Xiao Long's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Jonny didn't seem all that interested in receiving his 'starter' as it was being phrased. He in fact was pretty much disengaged with everything going on around him. He took the rose on his neck and held it in his hand for a few moments, closing his eyes. His mind drifted to the past and he lost himself in the memories for a few moments before returning to the present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

"Not at the moment," Jake answered Hanaeda, "however, if you have any ideas, or you want to start your own, you can come talk to me, Tabitha, or Daniel after orientation."

James Shot up in bed and heard footsteps outside his door. The door burst open and an angry looking man was looking him in the face. It looked like a vain would burst in his temple.

"YOU! GET OUT THERE! THE REST OF THE STUDENTS ARE ALREADY OFF!" James rubbed his eyes in confusion, then remembered, He was at his new school. He grabbed his bags and Stumbled out the door, Running his fingers through his hair, and throwing on his beanie. He tripped on his way out of the boat, and quickly picked himself up. James wildly ran into the first door the he saw, and Heard voices. He followed them and almost slammed into a group of students. They were standing, talking about ghosts and clubs.

"Hey! I'm James! What's going on?" He said to no one in particular.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast