Thread: Legend Hunters - A Pokémon Fantasy RP

Blog Entries

Default Legend Hunters - A Pokémon Fantasy RP

So hey guys! I took a two-week holiday to Tunisia but guess what? I'm back and I'm ready to do some more RPing!

So anywho this is the new RP I have made up. It's a fantasy RP, set in a land that's called Senjo. Senjo consists of seventeen kingdoms and there's no prize for guessing what's different between them with that number of them (Hint: each one represents a Type). Senjo is a land of magic and adventure, with a past littered with battles and wars over a various many things, but for now, Senjo is quiet. It's also massive and a lot of it lies unexplored.

Most of the exploration is done by "Legend Hunters" - some of the bravest/ballsiest/most stupid adventurers around. They are paid by the various crowns to map out and explore the land, but their name is not random. The real intent is to seek out and hunt down the pokémon spoken of only in the legends of the land. Legend Hunters are traditionally lonesome adventurers, having only their pokémon partners for company, but with the initiative of one Legend Hunter has become different. Akiyama Tsubasa, the famous Legend Hunter of Avios wishes to build a team of Legend Hunters, believing that their old solo ways won't suffice to finally have someone capture a Legend.

So guess what? There's more! This RP is built a lot by you. That's right, you the player. Like I said, there are 17 nations in Senjo, and by hell do I have the creativity in me to make 17 of them completely distinct by my own. So if you want to do some worldbuilding, and define the nation your Hunter comes from, please, go right ahead! Similarly, I want this RP to be all about letting the players decide what happens, the same thing can go for plots too. In both cases, PM me with what you've got, and in the latter case, there's a whole paragraph about what you do below. Some of the nations, specifically Ranshao (Fire), Aquas (Water) and Feurach (Grass) are completely set in stone however.

If you want to create your own story arc, feel very free to do so! Once you've had the idea, PM it to me, and provided it doesn't clash with the tone (say, if it's too grimdark or it offers little to characters that aren't yours or something like that) I'll interweave it into what's already there. Think about it as a game plot. I take the main quest, and you guys can build up some unrelated sidequests to catch your breath from the main plot and further your character development.

Lastly, yes, you have magic if you want it. It conforms to one of the 17 elemental types of pokémon and if the way that magic would manifest isn't clear, it's usually an abstraction of that element (example, Flying magic concerns the wind and Fighting magic concerns Aura or the fighting spirit or similar). Similarly, almost everyone learns to use Capture Magic, which replaces pokéballs. When capturing, this magic takes a form the user desires and can take pokémon to a hidden dimension like pokéballs can put them out of sight.

One other last last thing, Legendary Pokémon in this RP are crazy powerful and crazy elusive.

So without further ado, I shall lay down some rules and a signup sheet for those of you who are interested.

Teh Rulez
    [SPOILER]
    1. Be Nice
    2. This RP isn't a grimdark one, but it isn't as kid-friendly as the main series either. A good way to remember is that I don't mind people dying, I do mind limbs flying.
    3. Don't godmod or anything like that. In fact, just remember to follow all the rules of the site and the RP section and you'll be good.

Teh Signupz

Name:
    Appearance:
    History: If your character is from a nation you've made up, make sure you run it past me first and I've approved it.
    Skills: Humans who are well trained can sometimes stand toe-to-toe with pokémon. Most Legend Hunters are well-trained and carry some kind of weaponry.
    Pokémon: You are allowed up to two, at any of their evolutionary stages.
    Name:
    Species:
    Gender (if applicable):
    N.B. your pokémon can use any move their species has access to by methods other than TMs and Tutoring.
    Last edited by Plumbum; 1st September 2013 at 04:06 PM.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Legend Hunters - A Pokémon Fantasy RP

Just 17? You do know about the new Fairy-type, don't you?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

They're not released, there's a lot more that we simply don't know about.

Don't worry, I am aware of Fairy-types and I do have my own plan for them.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plumbum View Post
    They're not released, there's a lot more that we simply don't know about.

Don't worry, I am aware of Fairy-types and I do have my own plan for them.
    They're gonna make some kind of late-game appearance, aren't they?
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Blog Entries

Mayhaps... Mayhaps not...

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I'd like to reserve a spot please.

Blog Entries

Sure thing bud! I don't exactly have limited spots but sure!