The League of Guilds (Signups always Open)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The League of Guilds (Signups always Open)

Blog Entries

Default The League of Guilds (Signups always Open)

Beginning of Part 1

The boy looked out from his window, onto the great plains. His house was right on the edge of the new settlement, and he enjoyed frolicking through the wide open sands each night. Lately, the edges of the hills and fields had begun shifting into swirling sands, the air seeming to suck the life out of everything, getting drier and drier, and small brush was popping up. Lizards scurried back and forth. He sighed. The heat was getting unbearable, even for late summer. Tomorrow he'd have to report to the excavation. He noticed a large cloud of sand, seemingly heading for the town.

That's when he saw it. In the center of the cloud was a figure, slowly lumbering towards the Oasis. It appeared thiner than any young girl could be, as if it was skin and bones. It was coming closer, and, and.....it was only bones! A skeleton was attacking the oasis! It held a sword and shield in it's hands, and appeared to be made out of rotting, old bones. Then, the dust cloud began to lift. The boy ran outside to alert the towns people. A wave of demons were attacking the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tory awoke with a start. Today was the day that he would start his journey. He was so excited. He couldn't wait to travel to the Guild Headquarters and get a chance to compete. He'd wanted to be part of a guild since he could remember. Maybe it'd help him find Bradely ever since he ran away. Father certainly was worried since he had left, and Tory threw himself into training since then. He had to get stronger, he just had to.

With his armour on, and his lance strapped to his back with his bag, he walked outside to the courtyard. Father was overlooking several others playing in the garden. "Father! It's time for me to leave. I'm finally going to have a journey."

"Yes, yes Tory. I know how much you've waited since then. I've seen you training. The other sisters and I will be praying for you on your journey. I've seen how you've been saving your allowance each week. I have a little gift for you." Father reached into his pocket, pulling a small change purse out. He gave it to Tory. "Th-thank you Father."

"Think nothing of it. You're still our child. We'll miss you." Tory nodded, and with tears in his eyes he walked out of the orphanage. He looked around town, thinking of what he could need for his journey. He had a few rations in his bag, and he wouldn't need new armour or weapons for a while. He'd be able to reach the next town by sunset if he left soon. Maybe he could get an inn...no, he didn't need to waste money so soon into his journey. He set out towards the city's East gate, walking down the road.

(Current Time: 10 AM
    Current Location: Small town in Terlys, about 100 miles to Dukedom of Chalphy, 150 to border with Gorph, and 10 miles to Sephin, another town.
    Time till Tournament: 6 months
    Current Season: Early Spring

Everyone try to head to Sephin and we can all join up there. It should be relatively easy, since Evan is traveling, and Camille is at an orphanage so she can just be living there. Once we meet up something's going to happen, so you might want to be ready then. XD)
    Last edited by Psych; 30th May 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The League of Guilds

Camille didn't want to get up this morning. Her hard bed only made the bruises the got each day hurt more. Yet, she fiorced herself up, grabbed her staff, and limped downstairs, already expecting the first wave of magic, simply tilting her head to allow the Thunder to go past. This was a part of daily life for her. Her inability to cast spells other than a measly Cure(which was still extremely weak by magic standards) made her an open target of bullying. She often wondered why she was condemned to this. She ducked to avoid a Fire spell aimed at her, though it still got her hair. It's a miracle that my hair is still able t grow after all this. She thought as she put it out. Her hair was always being burned in someway, but she didn't understand that her Cure magic also revitalized her hair, having thought she had no use for magic at all, as she was extremely inept at it. Having gotten lost in thought, she took an extremely hard biscuit to the head, which felt like a small cinder block. She hit the ground like a sack of rock, and stayed there, struggling to stay conscious.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries

"Yo! Anyone want to fight?" Evan asks, knocking on the orphanage door. Walking through town, he had seen a fire spell flying out the window, and being out of practice, he decided to have some fun, especially after seeing them beat up a plain-looking girl. "I've been looking to practice." He says, grinning a sadistic grin.

OOC: Anyone want to be the mages in the orphanage? I've got some stats for 'em:

Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Camille eventually managed to get up, and used Cure to heal herself, then walked over to the door, opening it. "Can I help you?"

OOC: Mind you, Camille is anything but plain, if not one of the best looking girls in town.

Blog Entries

OOC: It's a matter of taste. Evan prefers his women heavily mustachioed, with lots and lots and lots of makeup.

"Can you get me an excuse to fight some of the people in there? They look pretty hardcore, and I need to warm-up for the tournament." Evan says to Camille in a hushed tone. "Tell you what, you arrange it so I won't get in trouble, and I take care of them for you, deal?"

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Camille nodded, picking up a biscuit near the door, throwing it a guy, hitting him in the head, They all turned to glare daggers at Camille. She stuck her tongue out, and they came running her. "They're all yours." Camille whispered to Evan, taking off so that they'd come toward him.

Blog Entries

OOC: Alright, since I can't exactly control them myself, Calvin, you want to?

"Bring it!" Eliot laughs, activating Arcanium, and combining his strength with his magic, causing his total might to rise to seven, as his fists glowed with a dark aura. "You!" He yells at a fire mage. "Eat this!" He yells, swinging at him with a powerful punch.

Blog Entries

The fire mage in question took the blow, causing his jaw to slide two inches to the right. This was accompanied by a sickly ripping sound, and the clatter of a handful of his pearly whites exploding from between slack lips and hitting the floor. Camille watched in awe as the fire mage hit the ground, motionless. The others took a step back, paler than the moon on the night Camille was born. "Who the hell is this guy?!" One asked.

Blog Entries

OOC: You want to do it without rolling? Alright, fine by me. Also, Evan's XP: 10

"Evan. Evan Nates." He says, and points his finger in the sky, summoning an orb of darkness, which he fires at the Thunder Mage.

Blog Entries

The Thunder Mage tried to cast a spell in defense, was too slow, taking the hit. He casted Thunder in return.

Blog Entries

The attack hit Evan in the side, burning him, as he jumps at his enemy, unleashing a jump kick at the Thunder Mage, targeting it's defense with Arcanium.

Blog Entries

((Okay, I really don't want to do this that early...but what are you guys doing? >_>

I'm going to have to clean this up, because 1. By all means, I welcome you guys suggesting battles and planning them for the group, but you'll need them to be approved by me first.

2. You aren't doing the combat right for there to be stats.

And 3. I don't think a random group of mages would be attacking an orphanage for no reason. So consider this the first GM clean up of the RP. And on the first page? Unfortunately you also gain no exp for this battle. tisk tisk))

As the rogue mages were attacking the orphanage, the other orphans ran to hiding spots. Spells were being flung around, damaging the building. Several shrieks could be heard coming from outside, and there was a loud clink of armour running through the streets.

A platoon of soldiers marched into the building, and striking the men with their lances, knocked the three men unconscious. 2 of the soldiers began tying them up, and noticing two others that seemed to be involved, grabbed a young cleric girl and a shaman by the wrists and tied them as well. The 5 vagrants were carried by the soldiers, through town and to the town prison.

In one cell, the girl and the shaman were inside. The shaman had been pretty bloodied up by the attack, and blood was streaming down the side of his forehead.

Blog Entries

OOC: Alright, sure, won't happen again. Anyway, the way I see it, the orphans were all mages and beating up on what's-her-name...I think? By the way, what's considered 'average' for each stat? Like three?

"Totally worth it." Evan says, leaning on the wall of his cell and crossing his arms, trying to look cool as blood streamed down the side of his head.

Blog Entries

((Actually, you enemies were basically pretty hard if just you two were fighting them since you have like 0 resistance, and she's just a healer. Just try and get to know each other in the cell I guess. Since it's just us three for now, we really wouldn't have more than 5 enemies total, and even then they'd have pretty crappy stats. You never want a TPKO unless the story is calling for one or we need it to advance the plot like being thrown in jail or something.

And since I need to let you guys out, I guess we're going to timeskip to Tory reaching the town.))

Current time: Sunset, about 7 PM.

Tory walked into Selphin, his pack heavy on his shoulders. He had walked all the way from the orphanage today, and his legs ached. He thought about where he should start looking for allies. Maybe...I need to find a place where lots of strong people go. Like an inn, or a tavern. Or a jail or something.

Tory walked to the town inn and reserved himself a room. He threw his things down on the bed and walked back into town to look for somewhere to get something to eat.

Blog Entries

Camille was sitting there, brushing her hair. She had already cleaned herself up, but her hair was still stubborn. She got it to act right, and then she used Cure on Evan. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast