Kanto Legacies - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanto Legacies

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

"Yeah, he is. Dont let the intimidating appearance fool you. Onix can be very nice. C'mon over, and pet him." Lequan insisted.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kanto Legacies

Becca came over and stoked the head of the Onix, noticing how smooth it's stone body felt to the touch. "You're a big softy aren't you." Becca smiled. "A gentle giant."

Tristan's mouth almost dropped open. An... an Onix? The idea of that gargantuan stone snake rearing its head and colliding against an opponent with tremendous power shook him. Tristan took a side glance at Nidoran, who was yipping gleefully. Sure, he was small, but he made up for it with resilience and he could pack a punch if he tried. It made Tristan wonder... would all his main opponents be as mighty and massive as an Onix? How could he send his best friend into a death trap like that? It was absurd. He bit his lip t was bound to happen.

A lot of things happened very quickly. A glamazon called Iris strutted over and introduced herself - she seemed a little vain, but OK. Then there was a fellow named Tye who honestly seemed arrogant and a bit big for his boots but perhaps that was just his 'way'. Tristan looked on silently as the other three conversed rapidly back and forth. He didn't know what to do or say and it wasn't long before a battle challenge was made.

Tristan was right to feel intimidated about an Onix. It was enormous and it's confidence matched that of it's trainer. Nidoran rushed back over and Tristan scooped him back up into his arms. Nidoran looked at Onix with scrutiny, as if sizing him up, and appeared unimpressed though he was unsure if this was just his way of putting on a brave face.

"Where did you find him?" asked Tristan weakly.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. Mewtwo

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Oh this is going to be interesting" Iris said with little interest. "Tactically they say the only way to win is well....nevermind" Iris didn't want to give any hints about her battle style "Yeah we Hoenn girls, guys love us...or so I've been told. I don't know much outside of Safforn in Kanto though" she muttered to Ty "Guys will be guys, many are intimidated by my appearance but many girls too. They just think we are stupid and all that it is quiet amusing" she added with a little smile.

"Well...." she heard another male appeared "This guy is here....? Hello this guy, I'm Iris" she added with a smooth smile. "Anyway why don't we have a quick gander of a battle?" Iris asked Ty.

Onix replied to Becca with a breif grunt, and an evidently happy face.

LeQuan looked at Tristan as he asked the question. Touchy questions such as this already? "This onix belonged to my father." He replies, trying to dodge going into context with people he only just met.

"Persona!"

Tristan blundered. He hadn't introduced himself yet to her, had he? Once again he was a pariah of social awkwardness. "I'm Tristan," he said quickly.

Nidoran yelped a quiet 'Nido!' to make his own introduction. Iris had challenged Ty to a battle, but she seemed far more confident and at ease with her demeanour and body language. She meant business.

His question to Lequan might've hit a nerve, but Tristan didn't know why. Of course, he would be the one to step on toes first. "Oh. Right so."

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. Mewtwo

Tye smiled, "Sure. But I will warn you, I do have a little experience" He smirked. "Do I seem a little cocky? Maybe a little arrogant?" Tye asked with a little laugh.
    -------
    Destiny Miles walked over to watch the battle with the Onix. As always, the shy girl kept to herself.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Actually let's skip. I wanna change out of these clothes not the best fashion choice for today" Iris added as she walked up to get signed and to get changed. She walked past a girl just standing there "Hey...why are just standing around" she looked at the teen "My name is Iris, nice to meet you but I'll be back in a second" Iris oozed confidence and calmness as she was a lot taller than the girl. Iris decided to get changed into something fashionable but suits the weather which was a light blue bombshell mini skirt with a black belt and a white top with white flats. After also signing up with the Pokemon Center with her Lileep, Iris finally returned very quickly.

"So yeah" she expected the girl to talk to her as Iris went off to the battle. "Yeah sorry, how do I look" she asked without fishing for compliments as she stood near Ty and Tristan. "Then again...I retract my question"

When Iris walked out Tye's eyes grew wide for a second as he looked at the girl. "Umm, you look...nice" Tye said as he regained his composure.
    -------
    Destiny smiled and performed a small wave to Iris as she walked by. Her little Eevee stood at her side.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

Grey smirked to himself as he took a breath of fresh air and smirked, confidently to himself, seeing the crowd of lackluster trainers a short ways away from him. They all seemed to be ogling over an Onix, which, he had to admit was formidable in stature. Still, he knew that Grace wouldn't have any sort of trouble holding her own against the Leviathan. He knew much better than to judge a book by his cover, especially when that included being awestruck by something as common as Onix were in certain parts.

As far as the trainers, they seemed decent enough. One girl clearly relished in her attractiveness, which he couldn't deny, but simply wouldn't give in to, considering her a dime-a-dozen. One of the trainers appeared to be very arrogant, a trait one would think he would respect due to his own superiority-complex, but secretly despised. There was another girl there, although Grey certainly couldn't find anything notable about her. All in all, he was glad that he appeared to stand out against them, and he walked closer to get a better look at his competition, silently judging them as he watched meet each other.

"Cute, isn't it, Grace?" he asked, not really caring if they heard. Grace smirked and huffed proudly, nodding and crossing her stubby little arms, not quite as rude as her trainer, but not willing to disagree with him either.

Blog Entries

Becca noticed Grey and decided to greet him. "Hey, the name's Becca. Can I help you?"

That remark the boy made. His tone of voice sounded almost condescending. In all honesty Lequan hated personalities such as that with a passion.

Though...Lequan was the kind of person that would keep his true feelings bottled.... no matter how tragic the situation. He decided it was best not to answer.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Grey winked at Becca and outstretched his hand, surprised that any of them bothered to introduce themselves to him. Usually people were either too intimidated or too off-put by his condescension to say anything. He grinned widely and puffed his chest slightly, as he tended to do when introducing himself.

"Becca, hm..? Nice to meet you. Though I'm afraid there isn't much you could possibly do to help me other than exactly what you're doing," he said, smirking, not caring whether or not she got what he meant.
    Last edited by Chocolate Bones; 21st January 2013 at 02:13 AM.

Blog Entries

Becca, a little taken aback, shot Grey a dirty look before saying rather coldly. "The least you could do is tell me you're name." She then muttered under her breath. "So I can know the name of the first boy I slug..."

Blog Entries

((Gah! Ninja'd XP))

Grey heard what Becca muttered but didn't draw any attention to it. He was used to this kind of reaction. This only made him grin more, pulling his hand back, realizing she wasn't going to shake it, slipping it into his pocket while running his other hand through his hair confidently.

"The name's Grey Welles," he said before gesturing to the Mienfoo at his side with a nod of his head. "And this little darling here is Grace."

Grace's eagerness faded. Not only did she not like meeting new people, but she hated when Grey called her names like that. It made her blush, which she despised.

Grey sighed inwardly and bit his lip slightly. He hated humbling himself, but he was out on his own with no job, barely any money, and no place to stay. It might not be a completely bad idea to keep his options open, rather than burning all of his bridges at once.

"Sorry if I came off a little rude," he choked, "It's just... Been a long day."

He could barely hide his usual grin behind his look of fatigue. At least he wasn't lying. It really had been a long day, and all he wanted to do was relax and get a bite to eat. He supposed it would have to wait.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast