Kanto Legacies - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kanto Legacies

"Okay, bye." Lequan saw her off with a wave. He had to stay in the Pokemon center for the night, which wasnt a bad thing really. He shrugs, requesting a room from the nurse joy.

"Persona!"

Default Re: Kanto Legacies

Great. Now security had arrived on the scene. It didn't take much effort for Kay to not be surprised because he wasn't. He knew the risks of coming back to the Pokemon Centre and being confronted by security was one of them. Still, the two mega-sleuths who had just registered for the Pokemon League were going their separate ways now. It would appear that they had been thrown off his trail. For now, anyway.

Now he just had to deal with this one security guard. The problem was that unlike Iris and Lequan, Kay had no idea how much this guy knew. But if he was here now, talking to him, it was probably a lot more. If that was true, the security guard was at least being courteous by not out-rightly accusing him. Something that Kay was grateful for.

"Oh, alright." Kay said to the two other trainers as they left. "I guess I'll see you another time."

He looked up at the officer again. "Certainly." He said in response. "Just, lead the way."

He would follow the officer with confidence. Say nothing of what he had done until he knew how much he knew. Which probably wasn't going to be easy, this man had obviously been doing this for a few years. And while Kay had hoped to avoid something like this, it was not something he was unprepared for. He was going to talk to the officer, insist upon his "innocence" and hopefully walk away. And if that didn't work, well...Kay could only hope that it would not come to that.
    Last edited by Agent_K; 31st January 2013 at 11:51 PM.

OOC: Once we get this whole security-thing wrapped up, we are going to Time-skip to tomorrow.

Security Guard:

The security guard led Kay back to his small work room which held an expensive PC on a desk with numerous monitors filling the wall above it. Each of the monitors had a different security camera's view on it. "Sit down please, I'm Stan" The guard said, motioning to the lone chair in the corner of the room.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

The situation wasn't terrible as Kay had imagined. So far, Stan was being perfectly friendly and Kay found it difficult to feel remotely intimidated by him. On the other hand, he was fully aware that all this probably was not out of lack of trying. With this in mind, Kay was careful not to let his guard down. He was certain that Stan wouldn't.

"I'm Kay." He said in response as he sat down in the chair. The numerous monitors had not escaped his notice, but it was with a concerted effort that he did not look at them directly. "I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that I'm not here for no reason. Is something wrong?"

"Kay, one of our monitors happened to catch you in a restricted access room earlier" Stan said as he pulled up a chair to sit across from Kay. "Do you happen know anything about that?" He asked.

Kay thought for just a moment, feigning quite well a perplexed expression. "Restricted ar-- Oh!" he said, feigning the realisation too. "The room with the Poke Balls? Yes, I remember."

He had actually already prepared for this eventuality, though he had hoped that he had not needed to. This very situation he was in now was what his earlier charade in hall way had been for. He had quite literally been acting for the camera. He continued with his explanation. "I was, in fact, on my way to the rest room. Along the way, I was just idly tossing Koffing's Poke Ball in the air. But I tripped, dropped the Poke Ball and it ended up rolling in to that room. I did consider that the room probably was restricted, but the room was empty and I didn't want to lose Koffing just because a temporary loss of balance. I didn't figure it'd do any harm if I retrieved it myself so long as I was in and out." He paused for a moment. "Perhaps, I was mistaken. So, that's exactly what I did. I was only in that room for a moment."

He finished speaking, quietly replaying the story he had just told in his head. When he heard it for himself, it sounded convincing enough. There was just one problem. Kay had no idea whether or not what he had actually done in that room had been caught on camera. He had made an effort to duck down out of shot, but it was entirely possible that his efforts had been a failure. Still, until he knew that for certain, this was the story he was sticking to. Hopefully, Stan the Security Guard would be convinced.

Stan, The Security Guard:

"You can just hand it over if you want, walk out of here son" Stan said, he had caught the boy partially on the camera in the pokeball room and more so on the hallway camera. After that, in the time Kay had spent arguing with the other trainers, Stan had went in and checked for any missing pokeballs. Upon noticing the missing ball, he went to track down the 'thief'.

Kay's expression fell. It had become apparent that the security guard knew all too well what had transpired in that room. His act wasn't working and there wasn't much point in maintaining it. But Kay did have one more trick up his sleeve and saw the opportunity to use it. Stan was offering to let him go on the condition that he returned what he had stolen. It would be a risky ploy, but it would be all too easy to hand over an empty Poke Ball. If Stan were wise, he would check the Poke Ball first. And if he did that, Kay could always pass it off as a minor error and hand over the actual stolen Poke Ball.

"Hm." Kay said with a sigh. "Well, as long as your offer stands, I suppose I'll take it. It is only one Pokemon after all. It isn't worth it." Kay reached into his bag and pulled out one of his empty Poke Balls. He placed it on the table in front of him.

"Here." He said. "I held up my end of the bargain. Can I go now?"
    Last edited by Agent_K; 2nd February 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries

"Whoo, I wouldn't want to be that kid right now," Clayton thought to himself. "Well, now that that's over," he began, "I think Sawyer and I are going to turn in for the night. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Tye." He gave a casual wave goodbye to Tye and headed for the room.

The room itself was quite a cozy, efficient arrangement and Clayton was surprised to see that it only had one bed; he guessed there must not be many trainers that stayed overnight in Viridian to not have communal bunks set up. It was arranged shotgun style with a bed parallel against the right wall, a sink with a mirror at the foot of the bed, and a singular window with a desk built into the wall below it. "Hmm; rock, paper, scissors for the bed," he proposed to Sawyer.

The sawk just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to the desk. He put the duffel-bag on top, unzipped it, and pulled out one of the two sleeping bags inside.

"You sure you want to sleep on the floor?"

Sawyer nodded his head and let out a great big yawn as he unfurled the sleeping bag.

"Alright, your loss." As Clayton fished for his toothbrush in his backpack, it occurred to him that they forgot to grab something to eat, "Dang it, we forgot dinner again," he exclaimed as he looked over at Sawyer just in time to see the sawk toss him a stick of beef jerky, and then bite in to his own. "Meh, I'll brush my teeth in the morning," he thought as he crawled into bed. He slipped off his shoes and tossed them over the foot of the bed, and then tossed his denim jacket over to the desk chair; where it landed haphazardly over the back. Sawyer cut off the light in the room and the pair each laid back on their respective bedding; both munching quietly on their jerky.

"I guess now that I think about it today wasn't all bad," he said between bites, "Even though we got stalled here we at least have someone to travel with who knows where they're going." He pushed the last of the jerky into his mouth and smirked, "And in just a few days we'll be challenging the Pewter Gym. Heh. They won't know what hit 'em after we blast through there; isn't that right Sawyer?" He leaned over the bed and saw that his partner had already rolled over and gone to sleep; far as he could tell anyway. Brimming with confidence and excitement for the road ahead, Clayton did the same.
    Last edited by Fengor; 2nd February 2013 at 04:56 PM.
    White: 3826-0624-3213

Security Guard:

"It's never worth it" The Security Guard took the pokeball and quickly pressed the button, releasing...well nothing. "Come on kid" After obtaining the actual pokeball from Kay, he was allowed to go on his way.

OOC: Time Skip: Next Morning

Well, damn. He had checked the Poke Ball. Exactly what Kay had been hoping he wouldn't do. At this moment, he did consider attacking the security guard with Koffing's Smokescreen and running. But that would only cause more problems. Besides, the Pokemon he had stolen was likely something very untrained, like a Caterpie or a Pidgey. Something that could be caught in the wilds surrounding Viridian City. Still, it had been fun while it lasted.

But for the time being, Kay was still in this room. He looked at the empty Poke Ball, feigning mild surprise and amusement. "Oh!" He exclaimed, fighting back laughter. "My mistake."

He searched through his back pack for the correct Poke Ball, passing his hands over more than one of them as he examined each of them carefully - not that he really needed to. To his credit, Kay did returned the stolen Pokemon, what ever it was. Though it was something he did with the utmost reluctance. Shortly afterwards, perhaps after being further reprimanded and perhaps after receiving a firm lecture - though, perhaps not - Kay would leave to travel through the night, heading north to Pewter City. He thought briefly of his earlier encounter with Iris and Lequan. If there was anything at all to be gained from this, he at least would no longer have anything to hide from them should they cross paths again. The only people who knew what had happened were himself and Stan and he would never see Stan again, as long as he could help it.

Unless, of course, the Stans of this world were like the Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys - all security guards, all somehow related to one another and all named "Stan".

It seemed for the time being that Kay would have to catch Pokemon the legitimate way. He had never been very good at doing anything legitimately, but perhaps there was something besides weakening the wild Pokemon and throwing a Poke Ball at it that he was missing.

On the other hand, there was probably something he was missing in attempting to steal a Pokemon from the Pokemon Centre. And when he had thought about it, he knew that even with his little charade in front of the security camera, the camera had been the whole reason he had been caught...

Looking ahead of him, he could see Viridian Forest on the horizon in the distance. "What I need is an electric Pokemon."

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

"Ahh another morning, another day" Iris said as she woke up. The first thing she went to was the mirror to fix her hair, she did love her fringe but it was at least worth adding some eyeliner to make it work well. However she thought about getting it changed once she reached another city but that would have to wait. The next thing after the make-up was to change into some new clothes. She decided something simple like a simple black dress while wearing dance shorts underneath. She would figure that waking up Destiny would be a bit of a pain but she decided first to go for a run, so she change into a pink top and black shorts

So she left her Pokemon in special care in its Pokeball while she went for a run. Iris was very fit to her nothing beat a morning run, except maybe a morning surf. So she started to run and run keeping herself in check for anything that was interesting. She could see some giant trees in Viridian Forest but that was not part of her run. She did wonder if Destiny would actually wake up soon but heck she was having fun running.

Blog Entries

Sawyer's kick impacted hard on Clayton's right forearm; a fraction of a second slower and it would have been his head. He used the opening in the Sawk's guard to throw a punch with his left arm in retaliation. With lightning reflexes Sawyer grabbed Clayton's arm, swept his legs out from under him, and pinned him face first in the practice field dirt. Clayton issued a weak, "Ow," from both the impact and Sawyer's knee now digging into his back. He often questioned his decisions to be Sawyer's sparring partner; one because he knew he had nowhere near the skill to ever be a challenge, and two because being on the receiving end of a fighting pokemon's abilities really hurt. If nothing else he felt it was a good bonding experience for the both of them, and was better than no training at all.

Sawyer removed his knee and let go of Clayton's arm, "I knew I should have packed the training pads," he said wearily. Sawyer helped him to his feet and Clayton dusted the dirt from his shirt, "Well I'd say that was a good early morning work out, let's hit the showers and grab a good breakfast before meeting up with Tye. There weren't too many people up yet at the Pokemon Center so they were both able to shower quickly (Well, Sawyer doesn't so much shower as he does stand under the water for a few minutes in his gi. He always seemed to be squeaky clean afterwards and never stank so Clayton didn't really question it) and make for the modest cafeteria; where they had a hearty breakfast of eggs, bacon, and waffles.
    White: 3826-0624-3213

On the day which ensued, Jon woke up as soon as he could and quickly headed out towards the Viridian Forest. He didn't want to spend his life on something other than his current endeavors to train his Charmander. He knew how his Pokémon would likely have trouble against the next Gym Leader, and he was hoping to train it to the point of evolution in the forest today. He decided to not waste a moment in training with his Pokémon, and headed out past the Route swiftly. He walked down the street as he looked around, already nearing the gate, to find whoever might want to battle today.

As he approached the end of the path, he noticed a few clusters of thick grass on the road. He stepped in and wandered directly across it. He spent a while in it; he couldn't see anything past it due to how dense it was. He was still alright, and resolved to remain in it until the afternoon so they could train against wild opponents before the other Trainers arrived. He decided to, if they actually did end up lost, either head in a straight direction until they'd found their way out and escaped or simply burn up all the plant life.
    Last edited by Truly Deceptive; 3rd February 2013 at 11:37 AM.

Kay had spent much of the morning so far just outside the gate that bordered the Viridian Forest, searching the grassy patches here and there for a worthy Pokemon. All that he could find, however, were Ratattas, Pidgey and Caterpie as well as the occasional Weedle - which were somewhat resistant to some of Koffing's attacks. Kay had spent years training Koffing and the two of them had developed a rather effective strategy in battle. Koffing would simply blind his foe with a dense smoke screen made up of various toxic gases and would continue to produce that smoke screen until the foe passed out from smoke inhalation. It was because of this reason that Kay often wore a gas mask while training with Koffing. Kay even visited a move tutor about a year ago and had Koffing learn the Pain Split technique, though Koffing had yet to master it. When all else failed, Koffing was left with not much else besides a basic tackle attack.

Koffing had just defeated a Ratatta, which had just now fled to a safer part of the field. Kay unfolded his arms and lifted up the gas mask. "Leave it be, Koffing." He said it. "It isn't worth the chase."

Koffing replied with an obedient "Koffing!!" and floated back to his trainer's side.

Kay scanned the field around him, straining his eyes for an electric Pokemon. According to the guide book he had read, there had been sightings of Pichu and Pikachu in and around Viridian Forest. He had even heard reports recently of electric Pokemon wandering into nearby towns and cities and causing black outs, though no specific species had been named. "We're not moving on to Pewter City until we find an electric type. Got that, Koffing?"

"Koffing!!"

Kay turned slowly, still scanning his surroundings for any sign of movement. He did see movement, but he realised quickly that it wasn't a Pokemon. Kay had apparently wandered nearby another trainer, one who was travelling with a Charmander. "Well." He said to himself, lowering the gas mask over his face once more. "This could be interesting."

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast