Island Academy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Island Academy

"hikarikagayaku"/ SHINE! pikachu_pancakes!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Island Academy

Title: Island Academy

We're currently still accepting teachers and students, but the start-up thread may be posted soon. Don't panic, we're only doing so for those who have already sign-up to get to know other characters!

Link: Island Academy *start up*

Rules:
    1. No mini-modding! (unless I’m not here and I put you in charge)
    2. Play fair.
    3. Don’t just write one line, it gets annoying to some people…
    4. Swearing isn’t aloud
    5. Please be active for this RPG, I’ll PM/ VM you guys when the start-up thread is ready.

Helpers (people who keep this RPG alive when I’m not here): NinjaGnomie (who plays Mr. Venn), Joseph and Joshua (Anonymous), Miss Lewis (MiloticGirl)

There are two different stories depending on what character you’d want. It’s the Academy’s first school year.

First up, Students Section

Students Story: You have received a letter from Island Academy. A school that teaches humans to use Pokémon moves; a place that teaches beginning trainers to battle. YOU are a beginning trainer, you fill out a form and then once accepted, take the boat to the Island. There you will receive your first Pokémon if your request was accepted (no legendaries, semi-legendaries [E.X. Lucario, if you want a Lucario, pick Riolu], and it must be a first evolution Pokémon not used). From there the secretary will also give you your room keys, room number, and class number.

The Letter given to students says: Congratulations! You’ve been invited to participate in Island Academy’s first year! Here you will learn about how to use Pokémon moves, such as simple ones like tackle, or more complicated ones like bubble beam. Depending on what Pokémon you choose is what move set you’ll get, pick carefully! You’ll also learn your own made up moves or learn how to handle weapons! If you wish to participate please fill out this form and send it in (post it on the thread).

Form:
    Username: (that name you chose when signing onto bmgf above your avatar)
    Characters Name(s): (any random name(s) you just like… Twins or siblings are accepted. Maximum two students per user)

History: (what happened to your character before coming to this school? Please write at least five lines of your history.)
    Personality: (how does your character act, what would they do? At least four lines of this too please.)
    Appearance: (how does your character look? You can be as crazy as you want as long as there’s clothing… At least three lines please!)

Requested Pokémon: (there are a lot of them; just pick one, you can catch more after mastering your first set. Whichever Pokémon you pick is whichever move set you get.)
    Pokémon’s Personality: (Quirky? Brave? Bold? Jolly? The Pokémon’s personality is whatever you think it should be!)
    Nickname: (what’s you Pokémon’s nickname? Or what name have you given it?)
    Type: (what’s your Pokémon’s type?)

List of Students:
    Red (pikachuluver44)
    Ally (pikachu200)
    Joseph and Joshua (Anonymous)
    Lee Lee (Fwee)
    Monlight Solarflare (Eevee Freak)

Teacher's Section

Teacher’s Story: You were looking for a job when you came across a poster for Island Academy. Interested, you searched it up online and found out they were looking for certain teachers. One of them (whichever you pick) you specialized in! You decided you’d take the job and go to be a staff member in the academy. But first you haft to fill out a form and enter your main Pokémon (Teacher’s have one, you just pick which, it can’t be legendary it can be any evolution though.) Once the form is filled out, you send it to the Academy and head off to the Island (Teacher’s are there when the RPG starts, so only the students are taking the boat in the beginning).

Form:
    Username: (that name you chose when signing onto bmgf above your avatar)
    Characters Name(s): (any random name(s) you just like…Maximum one teacher per user, no twins or siblings accepted)

History: (what happened to your character before coming to this school? Please write at least five lines of your history.)
    Personality: (how does your character act, what would they do? At least four lines of this too please.)
    Appearance: (how does your character look? You can be as crazy as you want as long as there’s clothing… At least three lines please!)

Main Pokémon: (You already know your move set, so whatever Pokémon you choose is what move set you know. You can have maximum three Pokémon.)
    Pokémon’s Personality: (Quirky? Brave? Bold? Jolly? The Pokémon’s personality is whatever you think it should be!)
    Nickname: (what’s you Pokémon’s nickname? Or what name have you given it?)
    Type: (what’s your Pokémon’s type?)

Now for the jobs you pick from:
    Battle- this is the class students actually battle in
    Gym- where they learn attacks with their Pokémon
    Strategic- where they learn strategies
    Inventions- where the class can learn to make their own moves
    Art- where they’d learn moves they wouldn’t learn in their own move set (TM & HM moves)
    Lunch- cook food and decide what everyone’s getting for the meals

List of Teachers:
    Mr. Venn/Heri -Demiven "Venn" (NinjaGnomie) [Battles Teacher]
    Miss Lewis- Stacy Lewis (MiloticGirl) [Art Teacher]
    Mr. Jacobson- Cole Jacboson (Wotter) [Strategic Teacher]
    Mr. E (Shrub) [Inventions Teacher]

My sign-up (you don’t really haft to read this part, your done)

Username: pikachuluver44
    Characters Name(s): Red

History: Red grew up in Lavaridge Town, where she lived for exploration. She found a fascination with fire-types, thanks to her visits to the gym. Her mother didn’t want Red to go away from home, since numerous times Red ended up getting nearly killed by a Pokémon. However, that never stopped Red from her adventures around the volcano land. But it did stop her from traveling away from home, until she found the letter for the Island Academy. She lives with her mother, father and four year old sister in a small house.

Personality: Red has a passion for fighting and exploring. She’s very willing and determined, once she can’t do something, she won’t stop until she does. She’s always on the go unless she can’t move. She can get angry very easily if you do ever try to harm her. She can also be very nice once you get past her anger. She loves Pokémon a lot but she is scared of only one species, Giratina. She also doesn’t have a very good sense of humor.

Appearance: Red has short red hair that goes down to her shoulders. She wears camouflage clothing, which is a mix of green and brown, similar to mud. However this design is only on her pants and t-shirt, she has a plain red sweater that’s almost always tied around her waist. She has a plain green cap and blue elastic on her wrist that she uses every so often to tie up her hair. She also wears green rain boots and blue biker gloves.

Requested Pokémon: Torchic
    Pokémon’s Personality: Bold
    Nickname: Lavabird
    Type: Fire
    Last edited by pikachu_pancakes!; 21st August 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Island Academy

Username:Pikachu200
    Chars Name: Ally

History: Grew up in Viridian City and she had a good life. She was more of a pokemon than human in some cases because she use to play with the wild ones outside of the city near the Pokemon League entrance. She got a letter from the academy and decided to do it before becoming a trainer. She loves pokemon that are cute and tough plus cuddly.

Personality: SHe's a bit cheerful and random sometimes. She always has her pokemon out of its poke ball and it'd be in her arms or on her shoulder. She likes all pokemon, even the scary ones like Giratina or Darkrai.

Appearance: She has long brown hair that is curly. She has brown eyes too but its mostly under her sunglasses. Wears a blue shirt and some blue shorts, also has pokegear on her neck like a necklace. She also wears blue sneakers with lightning bolts on the sides.

Requested Pokemon: Gastly
    Pokemons Personality: Naughty
    Nickname: Spooks
    Ttype Ghost/Poisen

Blog Entries

Accepted! I'll add you to the list!

The Undetectable Gnome. NinjaGnomie's Avatar

Username: NinjaGnomie
    Characters Name(s): Demiven "Venn" Heri/Mr.Venn
    History: Grew up in Ecruteak, Johto, but has since visited Sinnoh and Kanto in his journey prior to coming to this school, gathering badges and the sort, trying to prove his skill to all the kids in grade school who made fun of him for his height. He actually managed to gather the 8 badges from Kanto, and Johto, yet was on his fourth in Sinnoh before he started to settle down. He actually manages to get to the champion of the Elite Four of Johto and Kanto, but lost on his opponents last Pokemon.
    Personality: Outgoing and friendly, loves to battle, respect is very important to him, and he tries not to pick favorites, but ultimately does, and ends up making them push harder then anyone else.
    Appearance: Has cropped short reddish-brown hair, hazel eyes, generally wears a loose fitting white shirt, a purple and green open flannel, grey denims, and white shoes with the symbol for electric Pokémon on the toes. Also, wears Aviator sunglasses, is Caucasian, and wears gloves with a Duskull's eye on them, fingerless of course.

Main Pokémon: (Ampharos) [Duskull] <Hitmonlee>
    Pokémon’s Personality: (Protective of Venn, yet other then that is exactly like Venn.) [Sly and sneaky, loves to get into stuff it's not supposed to, yet is great in battle.] <Athletic and very powerful, even it's arms. Loves to run through obstacle courses and through an Urban Environment in the quickest way possible.>
    Nickname: (Bolt) [Fase] <Bruce>
    Type: (Electric) [Ghost] <Fighting>
    Class: Battle

I hope descriptions of the Pokemon's personalities are fine, I figured I'd give a little background.

And the move set bit, is that like, Pokemon moves our character can do, like, since Ampharos would be my main Pokemon, I'd have like Thunder, Lightning Bolt, and those types, or what?

Also, RUBBER DUCKY, as a teacher I feel I'd kind of need a spot there if you aren't around to control NPC's.

Blog Entries

Accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaGnomie View Post
    I hope descriptions of the Pokemon's personalities are fine, I figured I'd give a little background.
    It's fine as long as the descriptions lead up to one personality type.

Ampharos: Brave or Bold?
    Duskull: Impish?
    Hitmonlee: Hardy or Adamant?

And the move set bit, is that like, Pokemon moves our character can do, like, since Ampharos would be my main Pokemon, I'd have like Thunder, Lightning Bolt, and those types, or what?
    Yes, pretty much that's how you would be. Whatever you'd teach your pokemon, you would know.

Also, RUBBER DUCKY, as a teacher I feel I'd kind of need a spot there if you aren't around to control NPC's.
    Thanks! I'll accept that RUBBER DUCKY, thank you and you now have my permission if I'm not here!

Ampharos: Brave
    Duskull: Impish
    Hitmonlee: Adamant

And coolio.

Blog Entries

Username: Wotter
    Characters Name(s): Cole Jacboson
    Age: 17. He is a very young teacher, for your information.

History: Cole was born in sunny Lavaridge Town, Hoenn. He always looked up to Flannery because of her strength and battle tactics, and always wanted to train with her. He found it calming to relax in the Gym, sometimes simply sitting on one of the steam elevator things. He never seemed to understand how they worked, though. Cole went to school like any other child he knew, but wasn't the most popular kid in school because he wasn't very athletic. Many thought he would never be a good Pokemon Trainer because of how much time he spent studying instead of watching Pokemon Battles, Contests, and tournments on the TV. However, one day, while wandering the volcano, he came across a small, injured shiny Riolu, which he named Aura. Upon turning ten he began training his Riolu, one day beginning a journey to explore Hoenn and the other regions, defeating the Pokemon Leagues of Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh. Along the way he came along many surprises and enemies, whether it was Team Rocket in Johto or Team Magma in Hoenn, but they were always overcome. After seven years of exploring the Pokemon Wold, Cole decided to settle down and help other Trainers become stronger ones so they might become as sucessful in being a Pokemon Trainer as he was.
    Personality: Cole is friendly most of the time, but gets easily angered and sometimes becomes a bit overemotional. He tends to resort to sarcasm when angry, sometimes yelling or getting angry at people for no reason. Cole is very loyal to his friends, but also shy towards anyone he doesn't know. He is very intelligent. Cole is strategic, but also probably the most stubborn person in the world, so he will never give up on an idea of his. He has a fear of heights, unlike most people he knows, and tends not to tell anyone about it because he believes it's embarrasing.
    Appearance:

Cole has dark brown hair that most see as black. It tends to stick up in some areas of his head, most of the time one strand randomly straightened. He has brown eyes and somewhat-bad vison, and sometimes wears glasses, but most of the time he wears contacts or neither. Cole is around five feet tall, and very thin. He weighs very little, no matter what he eats. Cole has fair skin that tans very easily and never gets sunburnt. He normally wears a crimson or black T-shirt and jeans, with grey shoes. He wears a Fire Stone around his neck for good luck.

Main Pokémon: Riolu, Riolu, Lucario.
    Pokémon’s Personality: The two Riolus are twin Pokemon, with the exact same personalities. (They have Impish Nature) They are very impish and like to play around and pull little pranks, but are still very loyal. Cole often lends his two Riolus to his students to practice with. They are very powerful for being Riolus, and somehow knew the special move Aura Sphere when born. Lucario is more serious, (He has Serious nature) often scolding his Riolu children for pulling their pranks. Lucario is very loyal and has a good sense of justice.
    Nickname: Riolu 1- Emanataion Riolu 2- Emotion Lucario- Aura
    Type: Fighting/Fighting/Fighting-steel
    Last edited by -Gray-; 21st August 2010 at 06:55 AM.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Username: Anonymous
    Characters Name(s): Joseph and Joshua "The Clones" Antonimous

History: They were born in Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. They had a normal and happy childhood, often visiting the Snowpoint Gym (where their mother was the Gym Leader) up until they were six, when their mother sadly died from breast cancer, leaving Candice to take over the Gym.

They never knew their father, as their mother went to a sperm bank and never married, so they moved to Pallet Town in Kanto to live with their Aunt Delia. There, at age ten, they began their journey. They travelled the four regions, competing in contests and various tag-events.

Personality: They’re very sarcastic and stubborn. They both love music, and as such, always have a large shell flute on their possession. They care for one another, and rarely trust others. They both have mild ADHD (Josh also has MDS (Mild Depression Syndrome)) which causes them to be hyperactive at inappropriate times,. Because of this, and several other *ahem* contributing factors, outsiders consider them to be insane, often referring them to people who can “help” them.

Appearance:

Joe and Josh stand tall for their age at six foot, and have a pale complexion. They have black, messy hair (though Joshes is approximately an inch longer) and bright, turquoise eyes. They have slightly longer and sharper canine teeth than average, meaning they can make them protrude slightly from their mouths and back again. They each have a thin, four-inch long scar on the side of their face (right for Joe, left for Josh) because they were born Siamese.

They usually wear black, sometimes “mixing-it-up” with blue’s, green’s and pinks (Josh normally dresses more gothic). They’re never seen without a pair of fingerless gloves (style may vary). They each have a silver chain around their neck that have a small, glass vile on it which is said to contain the water from the lake of a Lugia. They wear them for good luck.

Requested Pokémon: Eevee (Both)
    Pokémon’s Personality: Similar to Joe and Josh, though not as much.
    Nickname: Lovegood (Joe) Alicia (Josh)
    Type: Normal (Duh)

RUBER DUCKY.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

I think I'll make a new character for this RP...

Username: Fwee

Characters Name(s): Lellia Andromeda-Yellna Sylan, but she goes by LeeLee

History: LeeLee was born in the lovely town of Fortree, growing up amongst the lovely lush trees and nature. A very outdoorsey girl, she enjoyed swinging from trees and playing with Pokemon. Her parents were also outdoorsey people, going on camping trips and fishing trips and the like. Sometimes, however, LeeLee just spent the night out in the trees instead of at home; nearly forgetting she even had one!

When she recieved the letter to the Island Academy, she was thrilled! It sounded like it was around the ocean, and there would be tons of water Pokemon there! Plus, she would get her very own Pokemon! Begging for her parents to let her go, they finally accepted and she left for the academy.

Personality: LeeLee is a rather... wild character. Sometimes, she switches into an alternate... mode, different from her regular personality.

When she's herself, LeeLee is very cheerful, smiling at everyone and everything. She only gets mad if you hurt the enviornment or her friends, two things that she will NOT allow. LeeLee is nimble and quick, and for some reason, she enjoys jumping over candlesticks. LeeLee also has a huge appetite, something she can easily fix with her extensive knowledge of plants- which ones are edible and which ones are not. LeeLee laughs easily, and has to be moving nearly all the time. LeeLee is also hyper, and her mind races at a mile a minute.

In her other... mode, she transforms almost immediately. This is triggered by something happening that gets her mad. LeeLee becomes savage, losing her self control with only one thing going through her mind; fight. She has no sense of who she is, what she's doing, who's around her, and where she is. She cannot talk, and growls easily. She will attack anyone who attempts to stop her, regardless of who they are.

Appearance: LeeLee has large, round, naturally clear eyes that change color depending on her mood; bright blue for happy, orange for restless, pink for embarrassed, grey for sad, yellow for joyous, black for sick, and red for... her savage mode. Her long strawberry-blonde hair is kept in a ponytail, hardly ever having been cut. Lightly tanned skin spreads around her body, only marred by a long scar running down the length of her right arm. Her teeth are all razor sharp, though only the canines are pointed.

Moving off her head, LeeLee is around 5 foot, with double jointed elbows and thumbs. She is quite fit- mainly because she spends most of her time swinging around in the forest. Her regular clothing usually consists of a plain white t-shirt, a pair of cargo shorts, and a necklace made out of a gemstone she found in the forest. When she goes out into the forest, however, she wears a top and skirt made completely out of leaves; claiming it is much more comfortable than regular clothing.

Requested Pokémon: Seedot

Pokémon’s Personality: Impish

Nickname: Brezal (Breh-zayl)

Type: Brezal enjoys Seedot that play hard-to-ge- nah, I'm just kidding with you. Brezal's a grass type.

This character will be fun to play~ Brezal is a male Seedot by the way.
    Last edited by Fwee~; 21st August 2010 at 12:00 PM.

Everybody do the Nya-kachu!

Okay, I was Rubber Ducky accepted, however, i don't know if that goes as far as accepting people, so to keep it safe, I'm just going to throw out suggestions to make this easier for both you and Pikachu Pancakes.

The personality bit should amount to the types in the game, like Impish, Bold, Quirky, and the sort. Not that you can't have those descriptions.

Wotter, You didn't say what you wanted to teach, and Fwee, isn't 5'3" kinda tall for an 11 year-old?

Blog Entries

I was busy today as usual, but thanks NinjaGnomie! Yes, the helpers apply to the start-up, but thanks anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotter View Post
    He is a very young teacher, for your information.
    First off, as NinjaGnomie said, personality is ok but I’d like a specific. Second of all, if your character is a teacher please tell me which class exactly you’re teaching? I’ll wait for when you’ve edited it to put your character on the list.

Now, Fwee, you were accepted! I do agree though with NinjaGnomie about the height… As for Anonymous, you’re accepted (also accepts your RUBER DUCKY). But the pokemon’s personality is one I’d want you to change. It’s a pokemon’s personality, like bold or impish. This determines what food they’d like and how they’d act in the RPG. Other than that, you’re pretty much fine! *edits list*
    Last edited by pikachu_pancakes!; 20th August 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu_pancakes! View Post
    I was busy today as usual, but thanks NinjaGnomie! Yes, the helpers apply to the start-up, but thanks anyways!

First off, as NinjaGnomie said, personality is ok but I’d like a specific. Second of all, if your character is a teacher please tell me which class exactly you’re teaching? I’ll wait for when you’ve edited it to put your character on the list.

Now, Fwee, you were accepted! I do agree though with NinjaGnomie about the height… As for Anonymous, you’re accepted (also accepts your RUBER DUCKY). But the pokemon’s personality is one I’d want you to change. It’s a pokemon’s personality, like bold or impish. This determines what food they’d like and how they’d act in the RPG. Other than that, you’re pretty much fine! *edits list*
    Fix'd. And you're welcome.
    Who's awesomely badass? I'm awesomely badass. YO!

ALSO, check out
    http://www.nintendovault.com/forum/

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Username: Miloticgirl

Characters Name: Stacy Lewis, Miss Lewis

History: Stacy was born in Sootopolis City. She was given a feebas from her mother when she was 5 and raised it to become a Milotic just at 10 years old. Her family were heavily involved with contests. She used to be a coordinator but gave up after coming 2nd three time is a row in the g
    Grand Festival. She still get's excited by the beauty of pokemon and noticed that when she taught kids how to battle in contests that she should become a teacher. She is also related to Wallace.

Personality: She is a caring teacher and always loves every student.She loves helping anyone and everyone. She is really sincere and sensitive as well as being really sweet but bubbly at the same time. Because of this she can sometimes be a pushover but is really enthusiastic. She loves to give a fair chance to all her pupils and her motto is "Better to find a thousand faults in oneself than one in anothers!"
    Appearance: Stacy isn't too tall and is skinny. Fair skinned and can get tanned easily. She has blue eyes and she has light blue hair and wears blue clothes. She wears a blue top and trousers with a blue coat and blue high heels.
    Main Pokémon: Milotic, Starmie and Kingdra

Pokémon’s Personality:
    • Milotic - Modest (Given to her as a feebas when she was 5 as her mum didn't know what to do with such an ugly pokemon. She loved it and played with it everyday. On her tenth birthday it evolved!)
    • Starmie - Timid (She met staryu when she was lost in a marsh. The pokemon came up and helped her and wanted to stay with her. She later evolved it with a water stone!)
    • Kingdra - Adamant (She fought a tough little horsea in the wild that would always pick on her but secretly liked her. When she finally battled her she caught it. She evolved into a seadra in a contest and into Kingdra before her 2nd Grand Festival)
    Nickname:
    • Milotic - Lily
    • Starmie - Lucy
    • Kingdra - Leila
    Type: Water!

Job: Art teacher

RUBBER DUCKY
    Last edited by Milo†icgirl McQüeen; 20th August 2010 at 11:59 PM.

Blog Entries

I'd add a few more lines to personality, but it's pretty good! (Accepts third RUBBER DUCKY) I'll edit all the lists now! You're accepted!

(Also, thanks again NinjaGnomie for fixing the typo...)

xD I'm actually pretty bored, if you can't tell. But again, you're welcome. You think we could start the start-up thread, for like, a moving in day for the students and stuff, until we have some more teachers?
    Who's awesomely badass? I'm awesomely badass. YO!

ALSO, check out
    http://www.nintendovault.com/forum/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast