Start Ups Infinite Space

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Infinite Space

Blog Entries

Default Infinite Space

Aboard the Kyelwind, Chief Petty Officer Demid observed the ships cargo. He was not the one originally intended for the mission: His position was one attained through connections, namely via his uncle being a vice admiral. These connections also payed for the bit of circuitry that replaced the chunk of brain blasted out by the pistol of a lucky rebel. It was that circuitry that was defective, had made him increasingly mentally unstable, and were it not for his uncle, would have caused him to not be allowed on this mission. As it stood, though, this was his chance to prove that just because he occasionally heard voices, or hallucinated that ants were crawling out of his ear, and might be suspected of murdering one of his own subordinates in cold blood, he was worthy of a promotion so he could have more authority to kill more of the rebels.

He entered the cargo bay. In a series of tubes, were various aliens. Demid was only given a few details: They were part of some sort of super soldier project, and if anything happened to them, he would be executed, painfully. He had decided to go for an alternative strategy: Instead of letting everyone know the ship's cargo was valuable, he would just disguise it as a routine supply run. Rebels were everywhere. The best course of action was to make sure they didn't get the chance to kill you. He was confident the mission would go flawlessly. He had a light group of grunts to guard him and the cargo.

At least, he was confident until the alarms went off. The rebels had already reviewed the plan: Dispatch any soldiers, swipe the ship, then head back for the base on Nesai. It would be simple...If there were actually any weapons.

"Dammit, what the hell is going on?!" Demid yelled, and pressed the PA call button. He knew this would happen. The rebels had come to finish the job. Maybe if he let someone else take care of it, the problem would go away.

"Alright, listen up! Figure out what that was, or heads will roll!" His voice crackled over the PA. Most of the Alliance Soldiers were well aware of the CPO's habit of having fits. He often had drills like this, and they were at this point ignoring them. Unfortunately, this time it was not a drill.

"Why I was ever with these guys is beyond me." Leo said, as he stepped out of the portal and onto the Kyelwind. He and the other squad members had arrived in a small ship. The journey had been cramped, but it did have a teleportation device, often used for docking with other ships. He found himself in a break room, a group of soldiers playing cards. They were so intent on the game they didn't even notice Leo until he stretched out his palm. A long, spiked tendril shot from a mouth on his palm, and wrapped around the neck. The soldier tried to scream, but lacked the breath, and upon being slammed into a wall, the consciousness necessary to voice such things. The other three were luckier. They were, like most other soldiers, cowardly without their weapons, and ran for it.

"Fuck! Demid wasn't kidding this time!" A voice could be heard over a PA, this time one of the grunts with the Alliance. Suddenly, every chore boy on the ship sprang into action. The whole ship was panicking. It was just supposed to be a supply run. Most of the ship's occupants had never been in an actual fight before. The ship and it's precious treasure were ripe for the plunder.

Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Default Re: Infinite Space

Flint is in the middle of doing a walkthrough aboard the ship Kyelwind when he hears the pesky alarms start going off. People really underestimated the value of having nice and quiet assignments but all of these drills were starting to get annoying. Instead of rushing to battle stations, Flint decides to head to the break room to grab some muffins.

Unfortunately as soon as Flint rounds the corner, he sees 3 other alliance soldiers running like mad and a 4th one laying down unconscious in front of a group of rebels. Flint thinks to himself, "Dang it, I wish that I had not seen that. I guess its too late for me to pretend that I did not notice anything." He does not really want to attack the invaders but it would look suspicious if he did not, seeing how his weapon was clearly visible. Flint draws his beam saber and points it at the rebel leader without moving any closer.

"FREEZE you rebel scum! You are under arrest!" What rotten luck, Flint would never be able to get those muffins at this rate...

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

"Woooo, I'm gonna like this one," Lytlyt had a large grin on his face as he looked around the ship. He was kind of tired of not having a ship that he could actually work on and he hope that if everything went well they could end up keeping that one. Of course that wasn't the job this time, he had to help the others save the aliens that the Alliance was keeping under their grasp. "Though it looks like coming in unannounced was ruined, but this makes things more interesting don't you think Leo?" he asked with a smile as he turned on the 100 KO gauntlets that he had been wearing. That's when he noticed Flint coming into the room.

Lytlyt smirked and pulled out his Cannon Sword, the stick in turn glowing before a beam saber made of ki materialized. "Looks like one of them isn't a coward, which could be kind of fun," he grinned before turning to Leo. "What should we do?"

Blog Entries

LC stepped out of the portal and glared at Flint coldly. "Hostage, or immediate execution? I say the second." The sniper's tone made it clear she was eager to kill.

Blog Entries

After witnessing the quick encounter with the first soldier's, Wyvern snorted in derision. "Must be rookies." He said under his breath. He armed his assault rifle regardless. When the young swordsman entered the room, announcing his intent to arrest them, he let out a brief, barking laugh.

"Now, now. At least give the boy props for bravery. He might know something useful, after all."
    Last edited by Xolw; 4th August 2013 at 11:32 AM.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Nikolai stepped through the portal. He stretched his arms above his head; it had quite a bit since he could last stand upright. He turned to see Leo taking a soldier down in a particularly unique way. "I will never get used that thing," he muttered referring to the second mouth.

Turning his attention to the approaching soldier, Nikolai unsheathed his gladius. "Maybe brave," he said, studying the man's body language, "Picking up on a more frustrated vibe...and maybe a little hungry? Eitherway, I wouldn't set him as someone who knows something."

Good grief, this rebel attack was much better organized than Flint expected! He might have been able to take the blue dude with the tentacles and maybe the crystal statue girl but not all of these guys at the same time. The alliance did not pay him enough for this! Thankfully Flint was not wearing his standard issue uniform today so there was a chance that he could be mistaken for something else besides a soldier.

Flint withdraws his blade, smiles and starts clapping. "Alright everyone that was a very convincing drill! Very believable performances." (Flint talks as if the whole thing was staged, not certain if the rebels would buy it) "Your strategy is off to a great start since you managed to successfully breach the ships defenses. I am going to just grab this box of muffins and be on my way. The Commanding officer should be on the bridge, bye now!"

Flint grabs the muffins and as casually as possible, walks back out of the break room. As soon as he is out of sight of the rebels, he starts dashing toward the escape pods with the box under one arm.
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 4th August 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Vaisha peeked out from the airlock, her plasma pistol held out in front of her. Not that she was afraid of battle or confrontation, she just really couldn't afford to get caught up in a skirmish. She needed to get to the cockpit as soon as possible and get this ship under her control. Her claws were just itching to get under the ship's skin and find out what it could do!
    She scurried out into the hall and dashed toward the front of the ship. Rounding a corner she crashed headlong into one of the ship's men. Vaisha curses and snarls as muffins go flying and get crushed underfoot.
    Wait. . .muffins? "What the fuck?!"

Blog Entries

Leo bent down and picked one of the muffins off to floor. "Five second rule." He said, and took a bite. He nodded, smiling, as he tasted it. He then turned to the soldier who was trying to escape.

"Hold it!" He said. He held his hand out, and tried to lasso the man with the long, spiky tongue that extended from it. "We need information. Where's the cargo bay?" He asked.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

"And where's the cockpit?" Vaisha snarled at the guy who had been holding the muffins. She aimed her gun at his face, then grinned, revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth, and moved the gun to point at his knee. "Better talk fast, I have twitchy claws!"

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

"Hey I want a muffin too," Lytlyt frowned before picking up one of the other muffins that had dropped from the floor. "Now now, I think we should ask a question at a time guys."

Blog Entries

LC produced a sound that was somewhere in between a growl and the sound of glass shattering. "We shouldn't need reminders."

A crazy cat person zips out of the break room and causes Flint to lose his grip on the muffin box! "Nooooo!" He cries as several muffins bounce onto the floor. As Flint tries to recover the box, the blue tentacle dude appears and tries to lasso him! "I don't think so pal!" Flint uses his Ki push to redirect the odd lasso into the direction of the cat person instead!

Some of the rebels started asking questions and now that he thought about it, there were plenty of muffins to go around. Still though, he could not risk being seen having a picnic with these guys. After giving the rebels good (but also vague) directions, Flint takes several muffins, leaves the half full box behind and runs in the opposite direction. The alliance goons would not stay in a panic forever and Flint did not want to be around when the lasers started flying.

Blog Entries

Wyvern chuckled. "Pity more Alliance isn't as amusing as him. Wish he'd put up more of a fight, however. Do all Alliance rookies receive the same kind training?" He held his head pondering. "Bah. We shouldn't waste anymore time. Let's get this over with."

He then set his assault rifle in it's ready position ad started to head to cargo bay.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Blog Entries

Just down the hall, a group of soldiers had assembled. They were the most elite soldiers on deck. That wasn't saying much, but they were relatively strong.

"Alright! We have little to no actual combat experience, but we are better armed!" One of them, clad in red body armor, said.

"Actually, I accidentally broke my rifle..." The yellow one said.

"Quiet! Anyway, it's do or die! Are we mice or are we men?!" The red soldier said.

"I'm neither." The green soldier with tentacles for arms said.

"Alright! Alliance Color Squad, attack!"

Leo heard the quintet of footsteps just as they approached the cargo doors. Before him, he saw five soldiers, outfitted in red, blue, green, yellow, and pink uniforms. Ah, he recognized him.

"Heeeeyyyy...It's the Color Squad!" Leo said, pointing and smiling. "These guys are great, they sometimes do shows while we train to boost morale. They're like cheer lea-"

"WE'RE MORALE OFFICERS, YOU DAMNED TRAITOR!" The yellow soldier said. She drew a yellow ray gun and fired it at Leo, shooting a small bolt of lightning at Leo.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." Leo said, nursing the wound it had made in his side. The Color Squad began making a human pyramid.

"COLOR SQUAD! SOUND OFF!" The red soldier said.

"The power of a crashing wave! Blue Sapphire!" The blue one said, jumping off.

"The force of a deadly hurricane! Green EmeraaaaAAAUUUGHHH!" The green soldier said. He was interrupted, as with Blue jumping off, the pyramid collapsed.

"...Should we kill them? I think it might count as a mercy killing." Leo said.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast