The Hunger Games: Dimensional Crossing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games: Dimensional Crossing

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Default The Hunger Games: Dimensional Crossing

Water splashed as a wide black paw was set down heavily for a second. It was raining hard, but the creature didn’t care. It had its mind set on killing its prey. It stopped for a second, watching the two-legged thing struggle to hang something to keep it dry. It crept out into the partial clearing, and watched the oblivious creature. It slowly walked up to its prey and growled slightly. The two-legged thing whipped around, startled. The black creature could see the fear in its prey’s eyes. It thoroughly enjoyed bringing the prey down to the ground.

“No!” said a man in a long, white lab coat as he watched the screen in front of him. “I’ve told you a hundred times, we’re not running that simulation in the actual games! We’re not having a wild jungle cat in the rain forest!”

“Why not?” question a man sitting at a computer. “It would make for an interesting turn of events, especially if we give them a limited weapons resource.” The man next to him smirked.

“Yeah,” he said. “If we only give them close range weapons, and have absolutely no careers at all, a merge would happen early on.”

“That’s exactly my point!” argued the man in the lab coat. “It would end too quickly, and there wouldn’t be a good show!”

I looked out the window above my seat. We were coming into the Capital, and it was surprisingly beautiful. The fact that I utterly hated the Capital my whole life, and I was now seeing a place that I had never imagined was giving me conflicting feelings. It’s not their fault, I thought. But it is their fault that they enjoy a game of death so much.

I was waiting to find out what dimension we would be in. It was always split up differently, and the terrain of the arenas was always different. Another thing I was looking forward to finding out what weapons we would have access to in each dimension. The tributes always get stripped of their weapons during a dimensional merge, and they basically start fresh. I was anxious about the whole idea of killing someone with a weapon that I wasn’t even familiar with.
    Last edited by Forest Spirit; 16th November 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Default Re: The Hunger Games: Dimensional Crossing

Cole's head hurt. He had a bad headache after everything that had happened. he forced himself to slow down and think. he had been selected during the reaping, to be the district's combatent in the Games. within minutes he was on a train going for the capital. Cole held his head, then shook it. He looked around the train, then twisted in his seat to peer out the window. if he had a eye for artistic design, which he didn't, he would of found the place amazing. but for now, all it looked like was a deathtrap.

He had to start planning this, be tactical. shaking his head again, he thought about his skills, and muttered aloud, hardly noticable.

"What skills do i have?... I move fast, and I can climb stuff, the later being utterly useless in most areas. knowing my luck, it will probably be a desert or something... Don't think like that... I know how to swing most conventional weapons, and I'm good with one-handed stuff...."

his voice trailed off, looking stressed and staring off into space.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Kyoko stared out her train window, tears in her eyes, staring at the Capitol of Panem in the distance. The scenery was beautiful, but it made her sick. How people in the Capitol lived, their sense of humor; they enjoyed watching children die for their amusement! It made her vomit a little in her mouth. Her five younger sisters at home, staring at the horrors on TV, scared and alone... Kyoko was more worried about them than her own life. Her sisters in District 9, having to look after themselves...

Kyoko swallowed and thought 'I must win. Not for myself, or for my district, but for the safety of my sisters...' But Kyoko was more upset about the thought of taking another human's life, rather than her own death being more and more imminent the closer to the Capitol she got.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Reece was waiting at the station in district 3. A tall, finely built steel railway station, clearly showing off the wealth of his district. He had been waiting for a just a few minutes, anxious to get into his new arena, when the train pulled up. "about time." He muttered at the steward as he walked past him. He wasn't allowed into any other carriages apparently, a rule about "making friendships" was forbidden. This is because several kids nearly defied the games a few years ago, but were killed for it.

"This is gonna be great..." he thought outloud as he inspected the food trolley.

Cole scratched his head and peered out the window again. this time he noticed several other trains, also heading for the capital.

Other Tributes...

He went back to thinking. if he could, it would probably be best to getting friendly with someone during the training, if they even did that anymore, he really didnt remember, then trying to meet up with them during the games. He knew how to fend for himself in the district, but hunting is a different story...

Kyoko knew nothing about hunting or snares, but she did know about edible plants, and what they looked like.

'Should I form an alliance? Is it even allowed?'

She was certain that friendship was illegal, but they were going to die, anyway. She decided she would make friends with the stronger tributes.

1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

I looked out my window to see a train coming out of a mountain tunnel on a track parallel to the one I was on. The windows were heavily tinted, and I couldn't see inside. I looked out the window across from me and saw another train speeding down a track. I thought about who I could possibly be up against. I'd had no weapons training at all, and all I could do was hope that i didn't wind up against a career.

I almost felt bad for the girl from my district. She was going to be slaughtered, probably before she even made it ten feet. At the Reaping when she was chosen, she just stoood there, sobbing. The Guards had to drag her up to the stage, her fighting them the entire time. She was a small girl, maybe four feet ten inches, with a thin build. She wasn't very muscular, and overall she seemed frail. She looked to be about twelve or thirteen years old, and i highly doubted that she'd ever handled even the most basic weapons before.

What about the alliances? I thought. Are we allowed to form alliances? It's kind of pointless, but still. I just shook my head. The capital would probably allow you to form alliances, only to have you kill your partner in the end. It made for a heart-wrenching showdown, in which one of the two finalists dies in order for the other one to stay alive. That Capital made their point by blowing up Disctrict twenty-five. Why couldn't they just leave it at that?

Cole looked down at his arm. something that he had not done since boarding the train, and was suprised to see his bracer still mounted on his arm. how did he not notice? he FELT the thing, on a deeper scale than most would understand. Seeing what was pretty much his most prized possession raised his spirits incredibily. Maybe he did have a chance... a faint one, but still a chance. He had to keep the thing secret, it's ability if anything.

I could go unarmed at this point and be rather well off, with my Grappel on my arm. I don't know what will happen if i go through a scanner, though. maybe the leather has some kind of anti-scanner part to it. Who knows?

Cole, comtemplating this, just looked out the window, glancing between the approaching city and the other trains. he wished he could see inside. He then relized he could just watch footage of the other reapings to see the other kids. He glanced around for a T.V or something.

OOC- Will there be the training room, Chariot parade and the interviews?

1249-7189-3936

Ooc: I'm in favour of skipping all of that and jumping into the cornucopia

((I Say skip the interview and Chariot bit, but do the training. if not for skills, for social making friends; or enemies, before the start.))

Blog Entries

OOC: I would agree with COry28. Training makes sense.

Ooc: lets do it.

---

Reece walked towards the training room, having been told to meet with the tutors there. He could learn how to tie knots, or camouflage and other survival techniques. He was ahead of the rest of the tributes, of which had started to spill into the corridors

Blog Entries

I stepped off of my train onto the platform a few inches down. I around to see if I could learn anything from my surroundings. There was an electronic sign hanging down fromthe ceiling. It had a bright read arrow pointing to my left.

"All tributes report to training center, all tributes report to training center," said a voice over the loud speaker. Many people sighed and walked down the cleanly swept hall to the training center. I could see a few tables, and one other person milling around the area.

"Hey there," I said, walking up to the person. "I'm Parker."

Cole walked in, pushing his way past the others, though not in a particularly unfriendly matter. he saw two kids who looked older than him talking, which he, perhaps a little absent minded, and walked towards them. Not directly at them, but in their direction. he wondered what he should train in.

Gathering food is a must. i can handle combat, though i might want to scratch up on it, but thats all for nothing if i got no food... Or maybe i should try and make some friends, who knows?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast