Thread: A Hollywoodland Story - Teen to Mature

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A Hollywoodland Story - Teen to Mature

Introduction

The roaring 20's were the era of flappers, cars and Jazz. Fashion was booming and so was the American economy. However it wasn't all good for the rest of the world with Europe still recovering from World War I and the beginning of the ideology called communism which still exists in multiple forms. The film industry just passed its infancy stage in France, Britain and the States. Studios such as Warner Bros., MGM, RKO, Paramount and 20th Century Fox were considered to be the leaders of the film industry. They were trying to beat each other in profits, technology and films. The biggest hits at the moment were silent films.

This is basically the start of one of the biggest industries in the world. Actors and actresses were signed to a studio back then and sometimes that system takes place abit rarely though.

Your Role

You can either be a young actor or actresses or you can be a director with either no, little or a lot of experience. As a young actor or actress, you have been on stage in either France, Europe, UK, Australia or USA and have been scouted. You have been signed to a modest contract in Hollywoodtown but that was like the life back then. You act, you can make decisions based on history because trends will be similar to others.

As an actor or actress: Your roles include
    - Acting
    - Deciding on film roles
    - Social scene
    - Dating other people or having affairs, whatever
    - Having issues with the limelight
    - Media runs
    - Promoting your films or yourself
    - Interacting with your fellow co-stars

As a director - Basically the same

You can be a media journalist where you can - Gossip
    - Review films
    - Interact with film stars and staff
    - Write stuff in regards to events that happen around the world.

Agent - Manage either an actor/actress or a director
    - Try to play the media PR game
    - Try to get the best deals for your star
    - Contracts, Contracts

Rules - All the norm Bulba rules apply
    - No one is a the best actor ever and everyone will get a role. So no god-modding I guess
    - This is geared towards realism please keep that in mind especially with appearances and personality
    - It will be a steady stream not fast at all, so be active.
    - 24 hour reserves more or less
    - Hold your fort down. Be sensible.
    - Don't cause any issues with other members. Be respectiful to everyone including yourself.
    - Have Fun I guess

Note - In the movie business there will be turnover which means when your actor or actress gets old, you can replace them with a new one but it has to be done here because it would be easy to track. You guys live in the studios except for the journalists. Money makes a difference, so some actors and actresses that meet the right criteria at that time will have the better salary and conditions but it is cyclical as events will dictate taste and perception. That can be shaped by the journalists.

We start in the year 1925. So a quick rundown of what has happened in 1920-1924 that have affected perception and taste will be present when we start.

Name - Obvious please match with the decade

Gender - Male or female

Age - 18-20 for female, 20-23 for Males unless you are a director, jorno or an agent

Sexuality - Your choice but be noted that it will be played in a way where the media won't pick up on it if you are smart about it. Doesn't make a difference for jornos.

Nationality - Any but stay with the decade but be cautious.

Role - Actor/Actresses, Agent, Director or Journalist

If you picked actor/actress - Where did you hone your craft? - France/Europe)/UK/Australia/USA

Appearance - I don't need clothes for this part but please read about fashion in the 1920's to get an understanding. However if you do look ugly then you can be a major star in Horror flicks - Short and Sweet

Personality - Plays a major part please be mindful of the history of the decade and also it makes a massive difference PR wise and roles on your personality - Short and Sweet.

Hobbies - You can't just do your job, you have to like other stuff.

Others - Anything that doesn't fit.

Accepted

@Lyrebird - Helen Johnston - 19 - Actress
    @Terram Validus - Yannick Chatrieux - 22 - Actor
    @Mako - Clyde Winchester - 27 - Agent
    @Midorikawa - Dahlila Lynch - 19 - Journalist/Scriptwriter
    @Flaze - Diego Montez - 23 - Director

Reserved

This is my most adventurous endeavor and it is something I find very interesting. This is not a fantasy based RP, this is geared to realism, so be very mindful of that. This idea means a lot to me, so I hope you all enjoy and have some fun.

Any questions, you can PM me or ask here.
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 20th October 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Default Re: A Hollywoodland Story - Teen to Mature

This looks really interesting, reserve me a sign-up please!
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Yeah sure no problem. I'll add you in.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Name - Clyde Winchester

Gender - Male

Age - 27

Sexuality - Straight

Nationality - British, moved to the United States at 18

Role - Agent

Appearance - Clyde is handsome, his short blond hair always meticulously combed back. His ice blue eyes are piercing and he has a tall and athletic stature from his endeavors. He never leaves the house unless he is looking his finest, a characteristic picked up from his childhood.

Personality - Clyde is witty, intelligent and clever, his years of elite schooling turned him into a well-read man from an early age. He is also not above dirty tricks or ruthless behavior to get ahead and he is very good at hiding his motives and activities from other people.

Hobbies - Being raised as part of the British aristocracy, Clyde has a taste for the finer things in life. He enjoys horseback riding, the occasional game of golf and he does drink, being in the position to be able to hide that particular activity from the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Name - Yannick Chatrieux

Gender - Male

Age - 22

Sexuality - Straight

Nationality - French

Role - Actor

If you picked actor/actress - Where did you hone your craft? - France

Appearance - Yannick is average height and weight, and also of average build. He has short-ish brown hair that he keeps coiffed to perfection. Yannick is usually well dressed and enjoys to wear the latest fashion trends having been influenced by Paris and its status. His outfits are never extreme, but he enjoys looking nice and being respected by his peers. As with his dress, most would consider him and handsome and most can tell that he is quite well off and from a higher class than they are.

Personality - Yannick is a little snobbish, after growing up in the upper class of Paris. He feels like others are usually below him and he can probably do most things better than they could. He is typically easy going, but he enjoys to have a routine and structure to his daily activities. If people can tolerate him, Yannick usually gets along with most people, and enjoys having popular friends who are usually attractive, which he considers himself to also be.

Hobbies - Yannick enjoys traveling and seeing different parts of the world, as well as socializing with those he sees he can make connections with to better off his status.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Name - Dahlila Lynch (Raven)

Gender - Female

Age - 19

Sexuality - Straight

Nationality - Brooklyn, USA

Role - Journalist/Scriptwriter

Appearance - Dahlila has long wavy black hair that she either wears up held by a bandanna, or down and brushed to the right side. Her eyes are amber colored and her height is average with an hour glass figure. For clothing she wears what is popular for woman at the moment.

Personality - Dahlila is outgoing and cheerful with a thick Brooklyn accent. She loves to write from scripts to articles about the stars. She is outspoken about her opinion and independent. She plays friendly with actors, directors, etc. however unless she actually likes the person she is just using her position to collect gossip for her articles. Writing gossipy articles on the stars is as important to her as her scripts. She is also secretive, using the name Raven for her articles so as to avoid any trouble with those she writes about.

Hobbies - Writing books, though none have been published. Reading books. She also enjoys nights out on the town flirting with men, but rarely dating any.

Others - There's no password right

Blog Entries

Name - Helen Johnston

Gender - Female

Age - 19

Sexuality - Straight

Nationality - Australian/American.

Role - Actress.

If you picked actor/actress - Where did you hone your craft? - Europe

Appearance - Helen is a beautiful young lady with light blue eyes. She stands around 5'7" and is considered to be thin. She has finger and Marcel waves which are basically short hair with curls in there as well. She has an elegant figure which is considered to be similar to the It girls of the era. She dresses according to the the times.

Personality - A very well traveled woman that knows several languages after her tutelage in European theater. Helen is seen as a potential it girl but she is pretty down to the earth even though she loves her fashion. She is very relaxed and a bit shy to the media. She is considered a romantic that doesn't like to play the field but knows when she is being played. She has a mixed accent of European with some Chicago and Aussie accent which shows that she is well traveled. Helen prefers her acting in her voice range rather than her exaggerated skills in silent films. She is seen as an average actress in the silent films.

Hobbies - Reading, traveling, sport and ballet.

Others: - She is not a silent film actress.

Blog Entries

This looks interesting, how are the mechanics, is there a plot we will loosely follow or just go where the rp takes us type deal?
    My approach to acting is that I am totally intuitive. I read the script and I get it. If I don't get it, I can't do it.
    -Morgan Freeman

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Name: Diego Montez

Nationality: Spain (Barcelona)

Role: Director

Appearance: Diego has short black colored hair that he combs back all the way while his sides are almost completely shaven. He has tanned skin and brown colored eyes. Diego has a handsome face that makes him look more mature than he actually is. He has well shaped and fit legs thanks to his years of playing soccer at home, usually playing with his cousin who actually ended up becoming a part of FC Barcelona's reserve team. He has a toned chest and arms but has an average built.

Personality: Diego is a very curious and playful man. He tends to do things for the fun of it and is always trying to find and learn about new things that he can use for his writing. He is very passionate about his goal of becoming a great director one day and is willing to do anything in order to fulfill his dream. He's really likable and calm, generally preferring to listen to what others have to say and just make them feel comfortable around him or trying his best to get on their good side, he's a bit naive but he knows that the world is more than what he thinks so he's always focusing in order to triumph.

Hobbies: writing, painting, soccer and dancing

Others: He's scared of the dark and has a tendency to sleep with a lamp on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smaug85 View Post
    This looks interesting, how are the mechanics, is there a plot we will loosely follow or just go where the rp takes us type deal?
    The latter.

Also @Flaze - That works for me
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 20th October 2013 at 09:06 AM.