Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Default Re: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Ray jumped startled at Kori's sudden jolt of consciousness. "Slow down Kori." Ray placed his warm hand on her shoulder. “You might have a concussion just let me have a look at you.” Flicking his open hand an intense light focused on his pointer finger flashed into existence. “You’re lucky Laura was able to help.”

“Super hunger I hope.” He said with a wink as he opened the door. The room beyond was only marginally bigger than the ones downstairs set aside for the use of the Heroes. A small bed sat in a far corner of the room. Tables piled high with books, unfinished projects nestled comfortably in empty spaces waiting to be finished. Haphazardly placed throughout the room the tables formed a zigzag path to a small kitchen. “Pardon the mess, things got busy when I figured out how to unlock genetic codes.” Gesturing to the one open table near the kitchen, he called to her “Sit, sit your speed may be remarkable but your endurance needs some work. Am I right?”
    ~~
    Turning to the new voice Varis-Ore smiled “Ah, Ben my friend. No, no I do not need help I was just talking to my new friend … ah” Varis-Ore paused turning back to the real Ore “We didn’t catch your name did we?” he asked still in his jovial manner he had started when first addressing Ore.

"I don't have a concussion, I know how that feels like," Kori said grumpily, but didn't struggle away like she normally would, mainly because she didn't want him to burn her with the light. "You can put me down now," she informed Ray. She had to admit his warm hand felt nice on her shoulder, which had gone cold, but she said and didn't react to it and her mind carefully stayed inside her head. "I know, I felt her in there when I passed out," she turned her gaze to look at Laura, "Thanks Laura."

Dawn laughed as he said that, "Side effect yes." She followed gracefully behind him through the maze, and a pile of books started to fall, but she caught and put them back in place and order. "It's fine, it's no worse then my brothers' rooms," she said with a smile thinking about Danny and Roger's rooms which were just as messy, but not as organized. She sat down when instructed. "Yep, that's it. I don't know how much better it will ever catch up with my speed."

Ben relaxed a bit when he figured out who Varis was. He hopped from one foot to the other but winced and reminded himself not to do that again, as it hurt his poor squished talons. He turned to look at Ore, waiting for him to respond.

"Ore Frost," he responded, not looking at Varis, but sizing up Ben, trying to figure out how much of a threat he was and what his powers might be.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

"No problem," Laura replied, smiling back, though she felt that it had been more of an automatic reflex of jumping to help because someone was falling. Anyone would do it, probably, she just happened to be the only one able to do so at the time.
    Of course modesty stayed in her head right next to the mind reader, that's a smart thing to do.

Z, her right hand still charging on the wall, was looking at her watch, which was now somehow on her left hand. She dropped her hand to her side and began staring at the wall, zoning out, and started organizing her computer and checking each of the main system functions individually. She couldn't have them malfunctioning here.
    You should read Cucumber Quest because it's a rad webcomic that anyone can enjoy.

Ray pursed his lips as he checked Kori's eyes. "You seem okay." he announced warily. Flicking his hand again the light recced back into his body. "I still think you should take it slow." He said as he removed his hand from her shoulder. "How about your powers? Did you know what was going on while you were out?"

Doc poked his head out of the kitchen "All powers can be devloped. They are as much a part of you as your muscles, with enough training you can hone your endurance." Dissapperaing back into the kitchen a hiss noise floated out. "Ray can help if you need it, God knows it is hard for him to control his power." he called from the kitchen.
    ~~
    Varis paused for a moment before slipping back into character. "Ore Frost, quite the name, and may I say quite the performer!" Varis-Ore looked Ore up and down "What can I do for you Ore Frost?"

Kori got up as he dropped his hand and slowly rose to her feet. "No, I don't know anything that was going on while I was knocked out," she responded. It was a lie, she knew some of the stuff, but she only remembered it if she thought about it really hard. Everything was a lot quieter now then it had been in a long time. This confused her. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a breath, letting her body relax, and suddenly everyone's thoughts were mapped out in front of her vision. Her eyes snapped back open and her mind retreated back to familiar territory.

Dawn shrugged as he said this. "I know how endurance works and training and stuff," she said, "I ran track remember? I just don't know how my speed and reflexes being super will affect it." She laid her head down on the table and let out a breath of air. "I don't think I need his help," she said, her voice distorted from the awkward position, "It's not that I don't want it, it's just that we have different powers styles, and his powers require different control and training then mine do, he'd be better to teach Ms. Telepath. I could just apply my regular running training course to it."

Ore looked around. "Let us talk somewhere more private," he said looking around, "I want to be away from prying eyes and pricked ears." He looked at the guy who had attempted to help him earlier, "besides I think I might have gotten myself in trouble."

Somewhere in the Hero HQ an unseen portal opened suddenly and a woman of about 23 fell out. She rolled as she hit the ground like she had planned it out, which she hadn't. She rose to her feet using the momentum from her roll to raise her to full height, which with her heels was about 5ft10. Pulling her hair back she looked around. She was in a room, a bed room to be excat. She looked at her watch, made specifically for time travel, which was what she had just done. It gave her the time and date she was currently in and the time and date in her own time line. She fiddled with her rings as she looked the watch, and then the room over. She looked at the scorched walls. "Oh dear," she muttered and headed to the door, exiting the room quickly and making it look like she had never been there.
    (In case you didn't figure it out she was in Ray's room.)

Like a Goddess Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

"Alright bodyguards maybe you need to back out for a while" Severine clicked her fingers as her bodyguards disappeared into the air or so it seemed. "Still curious" said the copper red hair woman as she looked around "What type of person did that person said I was" Severine muttered however she doubt she was going to meet that person again, so she decided to go shopping for kicks

"Kori, I would really feel better if you were to lie down. I think your powers are coming in much more powerful then you realize." Ray's worry was evident in his both his voice and body langue. His eyes scanned the room for backup resting for a second on Z wondering briefly who she was before turning back to Laura. "What do you think Laura?"

Doc rounded the corner from the kitchen carrying two plates. "What do you mean? Ms. Telepath?" he asked as he sat the Chicken Fried Steaks on the table before rushing back into the kitchen returning with a plate of fried Okra. "She is having power problems?"

~~

Varis-Ore looked at what was left of the hotel. "Quite a good idea I may say. Any suggestions? I had been staying upstairs but I feel a better place should be found." Sirens echoed in the distance. Varis-Ore pursed his lips "and soon I should say."

"I'm fine," Kori said shaking her head and taking a shaky step forward. She didn't notice the worry in his tone of voice, or she might have but was choosing to ignore it. The reason behind this was probably because she wasn't used to people worrying over her, and she didn't like or what people to worry over her.

Dawn glanced curiously at the plate of food as it came over. She wasn't used to this kind of food and she was wondering what it tasted like. She was so absorbed with the food she almost didn't realize Doc was talking to her. "Kori. I guess you can say that," Dawn said, "You can ask her about it later, if she'll answer."

Summer stepped into the hallway and looked around, making sure the coast was clear. She made her way down to the elevator after going the wrong way to begin with and headed up to the base floor. She looked around after stepping out of the elevator and headed down the hallway, looking desperately for the exit, or at least Harley, who after all had been the one who had brought her here.

(18)
    Harley, with most of her left side of her head shaved and the remaining hair combed onto the right side appeared in the lobby. "Looking for a way out," she said with a cheeky grin, "Come along Ore, Varis, Benny." She winked before heading off.

Ore raised an eyebrow at this punk dressed chick but followed after her as she ran off, his snakes slithering up his arms and becoming coils once more. Ben shifted nervously before following after them.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

"I dunno, I'm not a medic," Laura replied. "If you've got a headache, lay down. If you're feeling fine, sit up but don't go to high places like you were before. Be careful and calm when exploring your powers."

Z saw Ray look at her, and she quickly turned in his direction, but he had looked away again. She began researching the definitions of 'hero' and 'superhero.' And how different they were...
    You should read Cucumber Quest because it's a rad webcomic that anyone can enjoy.

Ray looked back to Kori as Laura was talking finally with a frown he announced "Well as long as you don't push yourself to hard then you should be okay." Ray cast another glance behind him he didn't like having someone he didn't know in the training hall.

Doc looked at his food as he respond. "I Shall." The warning from Harley in his head. "Right." He announced cheering up "Shall we indulge in meal?" looking around at the table Doc jumped up with a shout and ran back to the kitchen. He returned with a china gravy boat "almost forgot about the gravy."
    ~~
    Something about the girl remind Varis about the one that had disappeared earlier. IT couldn't be the same person. Varis turned his thoughts back to Ore and his own brother. The time is drawing near dear brother, I hope you and your ragtag band of heroes are ready for us.

Kori huffed. This was becoming too much for her. She took a step to the side and spun around before walking out of the training area, mumbling to herself. She didn't know what it was but this place and these people were bothering her, and leaving her unbalanced and unprepared. As she was heading towards the elevator she was slammed into by a much taller woman, causing Kori to fall on her butt, but this woman remained perfectly balanced. Kori looked up at her with a glare. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" she said before noticing the look of pure terror that crossed her face before quickly fading and became apologetic.

As soon as Summer noticed who she ran into she threw up her mental barrier, one that she had been taught for a long time, but as soon as Kori spoke fear crossed her face, and then she realized something, so she relaxed. "I'm really sorry about that," Summer said extending a hand to help her up, which Kori took and she pulled her up onto her feet and she felt Kori try and read her mind, she smiled calmly like nothing was going on.

"I'm ready if you are," Dawn said before her stomach growled.

Ore followed her out to an alley, with Ben following after him. As he was running he looked up an saw a girl sitting on the fire escape of one of the nearby buildings. She was young, about twelve, and had a smile on her face like she knew something, and her eyes flicking back and forth as though she was reading something. Ore looked down and veered to the side as Harley did. Soon enough they were in a park, with a lot of people in it. Ben almost lost Ore and Harley in the crowd, but it was hard to miss her. Soon they reached a part of the park where no one was and Harley stopped and sat down. Ben followed her example and took off his shoes. "What the-" Ore started as he saw his talons. "Don't start," Ben said firmly, "I've got wings too."

June watched calmly as the band of what some would call villains rushed off. Time seemed to slow down as she read their time lines, smiling as she caught herself up at where they were at in their timelines. As the last one ran by she picked up her potted plant and descended the fire escape and finally reached ground level merrily skipping until she reached the side walk, patiently waiting her dad to come and get her.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345