Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Default Re: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Ray watched as Kori went through the next part of the course when he felt the small blast. Bracing himself Ray shuddered with apparent effort as he fought something stronger then the telekinetic blast. Intense heat flashed once breathing a slow breathe out he looked back up around him. Seeing Kori at the other end he called out to her "Biologically impossible?" holding both his palms facing up and spread out in a friendly gesture he created a flame that danced between them. "We crossed that threshold."

Doc's smile grew "Keep it, you might have a need for it later. An old relic from a terrible past." Doc's smile feel as he seemed to lose himself in thought.

~~~

A man in a cheap suit with a gold plated name tag took notice of Ore as he entered the hotel. excusing himself from the woman he was talking to he approached him. "Can I help you, Sir?"

Kori looked back at him from where she ended the last section as he talked to her, fighting off dizziness, wondering where it was come from. She heard everything he said, but at the same time everything he was thinking, as well as what every one else in the room was thinking, but all of it seemed to come from a very great distance away from her. She opened her mouth to retort but suddenly she became very aware of everything, the post that held up the platform Ray was on, the platform she was on. She felt if she thought herself moving the posts they would move. However this quickly overwhelmed, and frightened her. There was a brief instant where terror showed her face, though it was not towards Ray, it was much too delayed for that. After that flash of terror her face went pale, paler then normal, and her eyes rolled back into her head and she started to fall.
    (Very dramatic I know, but how do you think you would react if you suddenly could read everyone's mind and things bustling into your head?)

Dawn would have gone and ran to catch Kori, but she was too busy laying face down on the floor, catching her breath and listening to her stomach growl. She kept thinking about how hungry she was, but she was also thinking about home and her siblings, and how she missed home and her family and her track team. Her heart began to hurt a little bit at this and she gasped for a moment.

Ore looked at the man, a very dangerous look briefly flashing in his eyes. This was gone in an instant, almost as if it had never happened, and a friendlier look crossed his face. "I'm looking for someone I'm suppose to meet up with," he said with the smile of a snake. The gold on the man's name plate trembled as Ore let a bit of his powers loose.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

Laura vanished again, entering Kori's mind, but quickly found that she could not stop an unconscious person from falling. She reappeared again underneath her just before she hit the ground and Kori fell directly onto her, causing her to also fall over, knocking the breath out of her. "Ugh..."

"Oh. Thank you very much," Erina said gladly before going back to the training room, opening the hologram and studying it.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"This is how I avoid weird people" Severine smirked as she muttered to herself. Her next step was to go shopping or at least maybe a something that in a museum was worth robbing. "All the fun of being a villain is just gone anyway, so what to do" she thought to herself as she fiddled with her dark copper red hair. "Then I again I suppose I do wonder what that person was saying as in his type of people or something....curious"

OOC

Ray flinched forward before realizing there was no way he would be able to get to Kori in time. Crying out in alarm, he attempted to get the attention of the others in the room. Before he went rushing down the ladder, he jumped the last few rungs and ran over to where Lora had been able to catch Kori. Reaching the girls, he quickly took notice of them cursing to himself for not paying more attention when he learned First Aid. Reaching down he pulled Kori off of Lora and set about trying to get her to regain consciousnesses.

Doc smiled as he watched Erina "At least something will good will come about from that blasted experiment" he muttered to himself as he turned back to the small circular device sat on his workbench.

~~
    The man trembled feeling Ore's power. "Who are you looking for, Sir?" he stammered as he made his way to a computer terminal.

Varis stood almost out of sight a small smile played on his lips as he watched the woman. He hoped it would go as he excepted. There was something about this woman that made him want to learn more.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Laura sat up and rubbed her head. "Is she okay? She seemed pretty scared of her own power, but come on, you should know better in this place, ha ha."

Spared of the confusion of hearing the Doc's words by leaving before she did, Erina looked up when she heard the thud and Ray's yell, but since he and Laura seemed to be taking care of the situation, she would probably just get in the way. She held up her hand, looking hard at the hologram, and winced at the odd and slightly painful feeling of what was hopefully making some of her bones hollow.
    Links to stuff.

Kori didn't move as she landed on Laura or as Ray picked her up, she remained motionless as a sleeping snail. However even though her body wasn't active her mind was bustling with activity, and without her being conscious to control her telepathy it ran a muck, portraying all of her current thoughts on everyone present in the room. That was mainly the pure shock of feeling the mental and telekinetic presence(which are two different things) of everything around her. However, the feeling of it, which was clear in her mind, did not translate into the others' minds as it was not something that one without telekinesis could feel very easily. Underneath all those busy thoughts was the thought of her brother, and wondering if his powers had any effect on him like hers had, and the deep hurt of him leaving her after they had been so close all of they're life before.
    (I can't decide if I want her to be flat out scared of her powers and never use them until something makes her, or for her to repress them or half-hardheartedly practice with them because she pretends that she thinks they're useless and dumb.)

Dawn jolted into an upright position as she heard the loud thud of Kori falling, then all her very loud thoughts. She was terrified for the girl, however this brought Kori into a new light. H passing out and revealing all her thoughts(unintentional of course), rubbed away her hard exterior she had been putting up since the beginning and left her raw and exposed and showing just how vulnerable she was. This gave Dawn and whole new level of respect for Kori, who she had already liked even though Kori was harsh too her. She rose to her feet, wanting to go and help, but knowing it wouldn't help, she left the training room. She took a breath and raced up the stairs towards Doc's lab, running as fast as Usain Bolt because she was too tired to go any fast. "Hey Doc," she said entering the room, "Where's the kitchen?"

Ore dismissed the man's offer of help, using just the little gold nametag to force him to the ground. "I don't need your help," he said with a poisonous smirk, "I'll find him on my own." Ore's powers had already grow powerful, but sadly his control didn't grow along with it, so the building was trembling as the metal within it trembled being affected by him. The coils began to twist, becoming metal snakes once more. Ore dropped the coat to the ground and the snakes raised their heads before dropping to the floor, one scaring the people in the lobby and the other accompanying him to the bar, Ore's eyes darted around, looking for Varis, who he believed to be a shape-shifter.

Frowning at her unresponsiveness Ray went over in his head what he should check from a fall at that height. She doesn't seem to have any broken bones he thought to himself Probably a head injury "I hope so." Ray replied as he looked up to Lora as she spoke. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern. Glad for the measure of self-control he had he still had problems focusing over the thoughts blasted from Kori's mind. When unbidden a thought of Varis surfaced in his mind before drifting away with his many other thoughts.

Jumping at the sudden interruption Doc quickly snatched the circular device and hide it before turning to face Dawn. A visible relaxation flowed over him as he saw who it was. "You startled me, quiet good there my dear." pushing his glasses up his face he continued. "There is a kitchen common room below us where the rooms are; however, if you would care to join me I was just on my way to my apartment for a meal. I am quite an adept cook I assure you."

~~

Varis smiled from his dark corner. Ah, nothing like panic and mayhem, quite the dramatic one though. Shifting from the guise of Mr. Johnson to a scrawny teenage he called out to Ore. "Can't resist making an entrance can we?” Varis stepped out of the shadows the light revealing the espensive suit hanging loosely over his thin body. “Quite spectacular I assure you I especially love the trembling building and your- erm arm décor." gesturing to the seemingly sentient coil "I take you are looking for me?"

Kori's unconscious mind caught hold of Ray's thought before it could quickly vanish, and mulled over it in the recesses of her mind, then quickly formed the thought of a connection between the two having both lost their twins to corruption, before sending this thought back over to Ray, and Ray alone. Kori's powers began to ebb away from the others', minus Ray's, minds like the receding high tide, but she remained as unresponsive as before, except her hand twitched slightly.

"Sorry," Dawn said, panting, but her tone was like that of an average persons, unlike her normal rapid fire responses, "New powers, very exciting, didn't get to tell you. Zoom." She took a breath and sat on the floor, looking up at him, "That'd be nice, I can cook and I'm starving, so I'll join you." A kind, but tired smile spread across her face as she said this.

Ore looked over Varis as he stepped from the shadows. Ore twitched a hand and the other snake slithered back to him, and the other slithered towards Varis, circling him and judging him. Ore stayed away from Varis, knowing it wasn't wise to come closer to Varis as he didn't know his powers, or if he would attack, but if it came down to a fist fight Ore would win, due to him being several inches taller then the opposing red head, and a much larger build and backing in martial arts. "Yeah you are," he said after a moment, going over battle tactics.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"That was quite the wave of brain activity," Laura said. "Oh! Her hand moved! Can you hear me?" she asked Kori. "Move your hand again..."

Erina continued to try to make her bones hollow, getting increasingly nervous about what else she might be doing if she was making a mistake. The wings that she still hadn't removed from her back were stiffly propped up in the air as her whole body was tense with anxiety. She focused hard on her hand and the holographic model.
    Links to stuff.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Severine noticed the man before but did not do anything about it. She did have a feeling that he knew something was up with the copper red head but to her that could have been paranoia in her mind. She shrugged it off and decided to continue to walk with her bodyguards along the street. "Although I do wonder If there is anything worth buying anymore" she added with a little sigh. "We will just have to see what happens I guess in the stores that are coming along"

A foreign thought appeared in his head. Ray frowned at the unusual sensation. It was not wholly different from Laura's powers but it seemed more alien when he had no idea where it was coming from. A startled gasp escaped from his mouth as he out two and two together and realized it was Kori. "I think she is trying to communicate with me." He spoke out loud to Laura. " I am going to see if I can respond." Hello? Kori can you hear me?

Doc smiled a hearty smile his wrinkles gathering around his eyes. Taking the small black sphere out of his coat pocket Doc placed the device in a wall safe. After securing the device he turned back to Dawn. "Right this way my dear." he gestured to a door leading out the side of the lab.

~~

Varis in the guise of a frail teen let out a deep rolling laugh that seemed out of place with the body he occupied. "A military man through and through I see." wiping a tear from his eye Varis continued, "I like you, I really do." Varis' skin began to boil and rearrange itself. "However this plotting worries me." Varis with his skin now resettled taking the appearance of Ore. "You have quite the muscle tone, my friend."

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

The door to the training room opened once again to reveal a girl who was apparently too late to reach the meeting. Judging by looks, she was just an average 16-year-old. The moment she entered the room, she checked her watch as if she had been timing herself arriving here. She observed the room before entering a few seconds later, walking straight to a power outlet that was on the wall near the ground, sitting down, and putting her hand right on it. Staying in place, she looked at each person in the room as if analyzing and judging every single one of them.
    Actually, that's what she really was doing. She scanned and photographed each person in the room, storing the pictures in her memory. Her hand that was against the wall was actually plugged into the wall, though it probably didn't look that way. So this is a training room, huh? I wonder if they've got any password-protected computers where I can test my skills.

"Yep. Be sure not to let her telepathy fry your brain."
    Links to stuff.

Kori was about to respond to Ray telepathically, and there was a feeling between the two like a open mouth about to speak, but it suddenly left, finding Z much more interesting. My my, you're computer work is amazing, Kori's voice buzzed in the back of Z's human brain(doe she have a computer brain?), mainly because she wasn't good with tech. Cyborg I'm guessing. Oh, this is quite a shock, not you, me, I'm communicating full sentences. The shock of this thought echoing in both Z and Kori's brain was enough to jolt her awake. "Oh god my head," She said sudden;y her hand going to her head, as it started to hurt in a way it never had before.

Normally very nosy, out of her character Dawn didn't look at what Doc put away, mainly because she didn't want too be rude, and also because she was tired. She rose to her feet when he turned back to her, a bit wobbly at first then joined him in walking towards the door. "Did ya guess what my new power is?" she said, her southern drawl making an appearance once more.

Ore smirked a bit, keeping his emotions in check. "Shapeshifting," he muttered to himself, but also to Varis. He wondered just exactly what happened when Varis shifted if he got his power as well. A bit louder he spoke up, "You should see my dad, and is that really what I look like now?" He tilted his head slightly, then straightened and spread his arms, "Come lets go outside and talk like civilized men."

Just as Ore said this Benjamin proceeded to walk in, his wing cleverly, and a bit uncomfortably, hidden underneath a coat and his taloned feet shoved painfully into a pair of shoes. Unstably he walked over to Ore and his look-a-like. He tilted his head in a bird like manner determining who was Varis, or at least trying too. He had a bit of difficulty this time around and merely said to both of them, "Having any trouble?" Ben had already met up with Varis previously and Ben decided to work for him for the time being but spent most of his time outside, hence him not being around earlier.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

OOC: Z has a human brain with computerized reinforcements that allow her to control the computer inside her body. It's mostly human but some computer.

Z was shocked as her computer picked up on some sort of infiltration. It automatically threw up the most relevant hacking blockade that it had, but it didn't matter. A moment after feeling the surprise of detecting the hack, a voice sounded in Z's head. And it wasn't coming through the computer. It was like a thought, but from an outside source.
    Of course. This was a place for people with supernatural powers. Telepathy. She breathed out, realizing that she had been holding it, and found that the voice was gone. She hadn't found the source and doubted that she would even if she tried. Z hoped that whoever had entered her mind wouldn't get hurt because of how complex the computer was. If someone with a normal mind read it, they'd probably get mentally hurt or damaged.

"Oh good, you're awake! Are you okay?" Laura asked, questioning Kori's general well-being but mainly her head since she had just commented on it as the first thing she said when she woke up.
    Links to stuff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast