Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Default Re: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

(35)
    Harley smiled, it was a sad one. "They have," she answered, "Farther then what you could imagine." She looked around, trying to figure out what sh could tell him, about the things she learned. She hesitated. She looked at him, her expression torn, but not hurt. "Don't worry about me," she told him, "I know how to handle my powers. I spent a whole year working on making them work right, then the next 11 making them perfect." She fidgeted, wanting to tell him what she learned but, she knew she couldn't. Then she figured out one thing she could tell him, "Don't let Kori leave," she said, not knowing if when she had come was right for her warning, or too late, or too early, "She needs to stay."

Kori began to work through the course with her mind, starting with all the possible ways through it. She shifted to her hip as she went through each way to get through it and how her body would react to it. She finally deduced the best way to get through it that offered the most advantages to completing it, and least disadvantages. However right before she settled on this Dawn yelled across the training room, "Can you keep it quiet?" Kori rolled her eyes and ignored her, not realizing that her telepathic powers had been working in reverse and was portraying her thoughts out to the others in the room.

Ore had his mind search the building for the strongest metal, and he found it. He grinned and pulled it all towards him, hearing, and finding pleasure, in the building's beginning to crumble. It reached him, about to race towards him and stab him through the heart as the pulling didn't ease. However, he stopped it, inches away from his body. He grinned wickedly and reached out his arms. The steel began to bend and twist.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

"Thanks," Erina said, and walked off towards the Doc's room.

Laura had not realized something very important- well, she hadn't realized that she was giving control at all. When Ray spoke himself, she was surprised, but at the same time, his head began working for him again. He was taking over his own mind, of course, since she had lost control, and she was getting buried. Seconding that was that she was picking up thoughts that she could tell weren't hers or Ray's. Panicked, she disappeared from his mind, appearing in physical form a few feet away, stumbling to the side and hitting a wall. "What the hell..." she muttered. Then she looked at Ray. "Sorry... I panicked... You were burying me, and it could be dangerous if I got too deep... uh... hard to explain..."
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was an awkward silence as the older man just stood there. "Right...." muttered Severine "I have no time for this. Get to the point" He then said something about asking a question.

"Make it quick and snappy otherwise my bodyguards will be the ones asking questions and trust me if you get through them....you wish you never did" Severing glared with a stare that could kill and still make her look very attractive, even more so.

Ray looked at the girl with concern. "Sit down and take a rest, I am going to talk to Kori about that outburst." Ray ran over to Kori and seeing her upon the course he climbed to the starting point and waited on the platform for her to notice him.

* In a dark corner of the training hall a large muscular man watched the young heroes training. He attempted to hide his long blonde hair under the hood of cloak. He shook his head. They are not ready yet. he thought with a frown Odin help them if they aren't ready when the time comes. "When the city of man burns and the one who can quench its flames has given up. One will arise to give him hope yet together they must stand or fall. Thus victory will be at hand and they will rise and be like their fathers." As the man spoke the words etched themselves into wall behind the man. "Stay true" he whispered before vanishing leaving only the foreboding words behind. *

"Kori tried to leave today after the meeting." pausing he realized that it might have been possible she had a miscalculation and arrived to early. "But that's not what you mean is it?"

~~

Mr. Johnson smiled the youthful grin of Varis. Leaning as close as he could to Severine's ear with out bring the bodyguards into the equation he whispered "You aren't like me or the rest of us, yet your different better than the common riff raff this plant has created. So my question is how you got your powers?" He leaned back and looked at the woman.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Ray!" Laura ignored his command for her to sit down and followed after him. "Um, Ray... Look, when I wasn't in control of your mind, I couldn't use your senses, and that included hearing... but I 'heard' Kori. I think... I think..."

Erina knocked on the Doc's door.
    Links to stuff.

(35)
    Harley thought a moment, running everything through her head. Yes, she had shown up at the wrong time, but her warning still applied. This only took moments to process, and a few moments more to figure out how to respond. She couldn't just outright lie, he would notice. "There are many times when this warning will come into play," she responded sinisterly, "But there is one moment when it doesn't. You must make sure you can tell that moment apart from the others." Harley started backing away, looking over Doc once more, something in her eyes telling him there was more between them than he knew about. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut it and shook her head, feeling that familiar tug in the back of her head. She turned around and opened her portal, only visible to her eyes.

Kori paused her training balancing on one of the wires. She was focusing most of her energy on that but she decided to address the eyes watching her as well. "Have I done something wrong?" she asked, her tone clinging true to her last name. She finished the trapeze bit and stood on the platform, ironically enough it was the one Ray was on, and the space was a bit tight. She raised a white brow and folded her arms. Kori wasn't sure what it was about Ray, but something about him messed with her, and she wasn't fond of not know the feelings she felt.

Blog Entries

OOC: Ah, crap, I've been busy. What'd I miss?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Why do you assume that I have powers" Severine added to his question as an answer "Sure I'm not common but then again what is common" she clicked her fingers as her bodyguards appeared next to her. "You have 30 seconds to start your case....starting now...1...2...3"

OOC: Sorry guys been super busy with work and power problems. I will pm you Heroic

IC:
    "I know Laura." he said as Ray turned to look back at the course just as Kori landed upon the platform. Raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms across his bare chest he looked at her. "Care to explain?"

Doc stood staring where Harley had been a minute ago. He shook his head as he turned back to his workbench and the small project that sat on it when a knock sounded on his door. "Come in." he called without looking up from his project
    ~~~~
    Varis processed her question quickly. Eyeing the guards that had fallen around there employer he looked back to the woman. Allowing his eyes to change from Mr. Johnson's deep brown to his own vibrant green for a second he spoke "My apologies I was mistaken. I believed that you were of my kind." turning with the agility of a 19 year old Varis in the guise of Mr. Johnson begun his walk back to the bar.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Erina stepped inside the room. "Hello... I was just wondering if you had a picture or model of the human skeletal structure? I need to know exactly where all of my bones are," she said, feeling a bit nervous.
    Links to stuff.

Kori looked between the two. "Explain what? I haven't done anything, unless your referring to the incident with Dawn," she paused, giving him a weird look, wondering if that really was what he was so worked up about and if it was why hadn't he confronted her earlier. She looked at Laura, unless Laura had been practicing her powers and Ray hadn't been able to. She shifted onto one of her hips, "If that is what your referring too I don't know why your so worked up about it. So what? I yelled at her a bit, but look at her now," she said waving an arm to Dawn who was slowing down from her last lap around the track, "She was terrified to even consider running before I forced her too, and now she unlocked a new power." Kori didn't know why she felt the urge so bad to explain herself, but she did, for some reason she wanted him to think well of her, though she hardly knew him and she wasn't one to be bothered by what others thought of her, and knowing this it annoyed her, and therefore she pinned him as the cause of her annoyance.

Soon enough the steel was was bending and twisting like a snake. This gave Ore an idea and soon they were very akin to snakes, their metallic eyes gleaming. They rubbed up against Ore then twisted around his arms, condensing themselves to fit and then became nothing more then coils. Ore grinned, feeling power rush through him as the building began to crumble from the lost of much of it's support beams. Ore slipped out of the building just as it fell down. He threw a coat on to cover the coils and began walking down the street, when he noticed a particular hotel.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"It's not about Dawn," Laura said. "We heard you planning out a strategy for this course. When I literally didn't have my senses," Laura replied.
    Links to stuff.

Ray pursed his lips slightly as Laura respond. "Laura is correct." pausing he glanced towards Dawn near the track a slight smile attempted to show on his face before he returned to the two on the platform. "I agree with what you did with Dawn, however; I do have a problem with you broadcasting your thoughts across the hall." removing his hands from there crossed position upon his chest Ray dropped them to his side.

Doc turned and noticing the younger heroine allowed a warm smile to come across his face. "Ah, the human body a fascinating complex system. I should have something around here from way back." Doc strode over to a cabinet and pulling a key from around his neck reached in and pulled out what looked to be a record. blowing dust off the device he handed it to Erina as he spoke "Simply press this button for a holographic model."

Kori looked at them both, very confused, and for the first time in a long while she started to become flustered, and this was not a good thing to have with developing powers. "I don't know what you're talking about!" She said shifting her weight briskly and fidgeting with her hand, "I didn't say anything, and I sure as heck did not project my thoughts onto others. That is biologically impossible, and the only way it would be scientifically possible is if I had a transmitter of sorts, which I don't." With that she moved on to the next obstetrical. However she didn't take this on as gracefully as the others, but she still got through it. As she left as emitted a low and low, weak telekinetic pulse, nothing too strong, just enough to possible make Ray take a slight step back and enough to tussle Dawn's hair.

This was the building that those who left Doc were supposed to meet in. What was that guy's name, Varis? He'd figure it out. He crossed the street and entered the building.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Thank you!" Erina said. "Can I take it to the training room? I'll be sure to give it back when I'm done."
    Links to stuff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast