Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Default Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

Ray Zel stood outside the door to the meeting room where six brave heroes had answered the call to protect humanity. It was more than he had hoped for. Ray nervously played with the button on the suit coat he had worn.
    “Come Ray and meet those that will stand with you.” A man in his late forties with his dark hair just beginning to grey placed his hand on Ray’s shoulder.
    “How long will we last Doc? We have no idea about Varis’ power or who fights with him.” Ray turned from the partially opened door to look at his mentor.
    “How long will any of us last? We can never know but what I do know is that what you are doing now will never be forgotten.”
    “Your right Doc.” Turning back to the door Ray took a deep breath and pushed it opened all the way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Varis looked out over the city skyline. ‘Somewhere’ he thought ‘my naïve brother is attempting to stop my plans of ruling these pathetic humans. One has joined me but others will fall in behind when they feel the might of my power.’ A knock sounded from the hotel door shifting quickly to Mr. Johnson, the aging business man Varis was impersonating, and answered the door.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Hero Paradigm: Rise of the Heroes

"Hello," Erina said as Ray came in. She was feeling nervous, as if she was at some sort of interview. I guess it is, in a way...
    Laura, who was next to her, waved in greeting. "Hi..." Glad to be rid of her family, she hoped these people weren't people who just wanted to use her like her parents. Those idiots. She imagined them begging her not to go, had she warned them in advance. No, they'd have just locked her up in her room all day until she had 'thought it over,' because that was all she needed to do in her shallow little excuse for a life that they saw her live, wasn't it? Then it would be over, and her parents wouldn't give it a second thought. They just wanted her to be pretty. To attract a crowd, make them famous. She hated them.
    Last edited by xelda57; 3rd December 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The sound of people talking, the piano playing ambient tunes to match the atmosphere. A young woman with dark rich red/copper hair sat on a stool wearing a long purple evening gown. Her luscious brown eyes with dark brown eye shadow were focused on at the piano. The music did help to calm down the young woman but this was a normal place for her type anyway.

The name of this woman is Severine Fontaine, a woman with ties to underground criminals. The daughter of a mob family, the lone daughter with French and Italian ties. She was at a hotel bar about to order a drink as she pulled out a little purse. Severine smiled as she pointed to a drink that she wanted and then gazed around to spot anything to do other than enjoying the music and drinking. "Hmmm I wonder when I should go to this meeting" she thought to herself as she cracked a smirk with her ruby red lips.

(I think you may have to move this into the non-pokemon RP forum :P)
    Kori wasn't really paying attention to anything around her, she was just looking at her hands, lost in deep thought, well almost lost, some of the things that were being said keep interrupting her reeling mind. She didn't even know why she was here, she didn't have any powers, as they had been telling her she did. The only thing that was different about her now was that her headaches were gone, and she had lost her brother. And even if she DID have powers, what good would she be? She was never good at military stuff, and she wasn't very strong. It would be just her luck that she would get some lame power like being able glow in the dark or talk to hamsters. Ore probably had some pretty cool power, he was always the lucky one, and always better at fighting, but she did miss him something awful. Kori looked up, a thought suddenly occurring to her, she didn't know what this whole call to arms was about anyways! She turned her gaze to the door as Ray and the Doctor entered. God they were noisy, what was with all these words they were saying, and why did no body else seem to notice their chatter?

Dawn sat in one of the chairs farthest away from the door, leaning back dangerously in her seat. She had pretty much figured out her powers, well at least half of them. In all honesty she was just glad to be able to walk again without crutches and such, and without being in pain, the reflexes were just a huge plus. Dawn hadn't dared to try and run yet, she still had to get used to walking again. She looked over the rest of the people in the room, and was unimpressed. They were scared or didn't seem to really know what they were doing. Sure, she didn't know what she was doing either, but she was excited, but kept a calm up-front. The one with the white hair looked like someone Dawn could be friends with. Oddly enough Kori looked up right as she said that. Wonder if she's a telepath she mused for a moment, before having her gaze adverted to the door as the Doctor and Ray entered. Dawn smirked a bit as she noticed that his and her hair colors were the same.

Ore sat in the park gazing at a pond. Why was he here, he really didn't know. Ore didn't like parks and he certainly didn't like children. He let out a sigh, thinking about his sister. Why had he run off like that and left her alone? Then he remembered why, thinking about all the smug and hateful looks they had given the both of them. He couldn't take it anymore. They were just like his old classmates. He clenched a fist, feeling his anger rise. He didn't notice that a lamppost a few yards away had bent as though some giant hand had gripped it.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Charlotte wandered into the Doc's lab. She was playing with her blonde braid, as she made quick glances to the others wanting to be a part of a paradigm of heroes. Charlotte had no intrest in freaky powers, she just wanted some money. She distanced herself from the others, and gave a faint smile to the doctor. She remembered the first time she set foot in this lab, but she did feel somewhat secure as this man had never kidnapped a person for his own experiment. All of these people came by choice. Charlotte could manipulate wind, and fly, however she seemed cursed with awesome. For some reason, voices would screech in her head, with psychotic whisperings of 'You're a freak!' and You're so pathetic!'. Charlotte never had any problems before the experiment, it was all so odd. She snapped back to reality and tried to push all the bad thoughts away, and plastered a fake smile to her face.
    "Hey, Doc. So, what's this hero stuff about? And do we get paid for fighting big bads?"

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

"I will let Ray fill you in." Doc took an open seat at the table.
    Ray took a deep breath before starting "I am sure that you all know about my brother and that he plans on enslaving humanity. I have asked that you meet me here in the Tower because of this reason." Ray walked over to the window that looked over the park in middle of the city. He looked out the window for a second before turning back to the assembled heroes. "while my brother believes that these powers we have been given somehow give us the right to rule over humans. I firmly believe that our gifts were given to serve and protect. This is why I say that we create a group dedicated to actively defending humanity against all threats. A group that will inspire the world to better itself. So" Ray turned to look in the eyes of every person around the table "are you ready to join me in defense of the world?"

~~~
    Varis in the guise of Mr. Johnson stepped out of the room to allow the maid in to clean his room. Shifting into a handsome middle age man Varis proceeded down to the hotel bar and ordered a drink charging it to his alias Johnson. Quietly he sat in the corner of the bar sipping his drink and watching the door.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

"Yes!" Laura said.
    "Yeah... I'd feel a bit more... like, safe... if we all knew what each other's power's are... y'know?" Erina asked. "I mean... just tell us, or a demonstration, or whatever... if that's okay..." she suggested. It's really uncomfortable working with people if you don't know what they can do...
    Links to stuff.

Dawn looked around at the others after Ray gave his little speech. She didn't really want to be the first to speak, and she was glad when the two younger girls spoke up first. She piped up soon after they finished though. "I'm game," she said, rubbing her hands on her jeans and fidgeting, these other people seemed so... slow. "I don't know how much use my abilities would be, well what I know of my abilities," She shrugged, "Reflexes can only take you so far." She didn't really notice it, but she was talking rather fast. She thought she was speaking at a normal speed, but in truth she sounded like the chattering tween girl at a Justin Bieber concert. She looked around, thinking that she was taking that slowly too, but just looked like she had ADD.

Kori raised a brow at her, somehow knowing that Dawn thought was was going a lot slower then she was, and that everyone else was going much slower than her. "I don't know what you're talking about, speed's very useful," She said putting her solved rubix cube, which she had been fidgeting with, on the table. She leaned back putting her hands behind her head and leaning back a bit. "What I want to know is why I am here. Sure, I have military training and what not," she took a breath, "But it seems like you want people with superpowers, something I know you say we have. But sorry to inform you I don't, all I got out of Doc's experiment was a cure to my head aches." She suddenly looked at Dawn. "And no, I'm not going to talk any faster, unlike you, I'm speaking normally," with that she got to her feet, grabbing her rubix cube, headed towards the door, "Good bye." "But I didn't say anything..." Dawn said, a bit confused.

Ore rolled his shoulders. Looking to the sky, he thought of something. He was going to give the world a reason to hate him. He was going to make them pay. No, he didn't want to rule over them, he just wanted revenge, and give them a reason to fear and hate him. He rose to his feet, now to figure out what his powers where. He notice the lamppost and he smirked. Had he done that. He focused on it, and move his hand, the post bent with his hand. His grin became wicked.

(26)
    Harley teleported into a bathroom stall in the hotel that Varis was occupying. She looked at the stolen item in her hand. She closed her eyes. "Ahh," she said, getting the time and date from the recesses of her mind that kept track of what year she was in, and where she was. "Good thing I took this," she said, looking at the dress. She changed into it, opening up a portal and sending the clothes she was wearing before through it. She stepped out of the stall and from the bathroom. She stopped at the mirror looking at her hair and make-up. She looked classy enough to pass unnoticed in this hotel, her hair being gently curled and falling to her shoulders. She then stepped into the lobby, putting on a pair of sunglasses. There he was. She took off her glasses and headed over and sat next to Varis. "Mind buying me a drink," she asked him with a smile. She knew he probably won't know who she was, but this would be fun.
    Last edited by Rosezero0; 5th December 2012 at 08:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Laura vanished from her seat. As in, she literally disappeared into nothingness, or so it seemed. Erina barely had time to react to this before a slight chill went down her spine, and she shuddered. Then, she looked at her hand and grinned. It took her a little bit of processing to realize that she wasn't controlling her own body, and she began to panic, but she couldn't tell anyone because she was... trapped.
    Erina, still examining her hand, said, "Hmm..." as claws grew from the tips of her fingers, she decided, "Oh, so she can transform? Interesting..." She was muttering this to herself, but all the same, it was quite odd that she was speaking about herself in third person. "Oh, yes. Did that girl- Erina is her name, from what I'm picking up here- suggest that we tell each other what our powers are? Well, she can shape-shift, or something like that..." she announced. "Oh, also, this isn't Erina speaking. Just so you know."
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

Severine smirked as she could see a woman wearing sunglasses walking into the bar. "So stupid" she added with her accent "No one wears sunglasses to a bar, especially one like this, not even a dive" the beautiful woman smirked looking at his drink and then at the girl. "This should be interesting, she seems out of her depth...you don't even ask for a drink" Severine was enjoying watching out clueless this woman seemed to be.

The Frenchwoman turned her gaze towards the piano yet again and stared at it while listening to the woman trying to sound like she was confident at a bar.

Blog Entries

"Buy me one too." Django said to Varis. He was carrying a white paper bag and eating some yogurt-covered pretzels from it.

"You all right? Ever consider switching to decaf?" Faust asked, leaning against a wall, looking up from his DS.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Ray watched in silence as Kori got up to leave. Quickly Doc stood and followed Kori.
    "Kori, just wait for a day please?"

Ray focused his attention to Laura-Erina and frowned "it's not polite to use your powers against someone in a non-training situation." Ray looked back to the group as a whole. "Doc will provide for you as long as you continue to protect humanity. I assume many of you are excited to get training. The training hall is two floors down while you should focus on honing your powers don't neglect your body. Just below use are the rooms Doc as provided for you if you want them. Feel free to make them cozy. If you hear reports of Varis or his followers seek help before going after him. Any questions?"
    ~~~
    Varis in the guise of the middle aged man slide over the drink he had gotten for Django before turning his attention to the woman. Raising an eyebrow at the women who had joined him. "Very," he paused took as if searching for the word, taking a sip of his drink and allowing his eye to wander the bar he lingered on a woman at the bar before returning to the woman in front of him "assertive Misss?"

Blog Entries

Severine while still sipping on her drink felt that someone was looking at her however she did not really heed to it that much as she assumed "Likely someone checking out the women" as she returned to her drink now not paying attention to the girl who really did not fit in at a classy joint like this one.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Laura reappeared next to Erina. "Yes, let's train! Except I can only hone my non-super powers without depriving someone else of their practice, unless of course I did the half-control thing, where the other person and I both have the exact same amount of control over their body, which is really weird and hard to do, since if I don't agree with the person I'm inhabiting, there could be problems."
    Erina was staring at her. "GEEZ! How can you be so casual about that?! You just... possessed me! Oh, my gosh, that was terrible!"
    "...Get used to it," Laura said after a moment's thought and hesitation, as if she wasn't used to being that rude. Except she had just taken over someone's body without their permission. Huh. "No questions." She began walking towards the stairs to go two floors down and find the training room, as Ray had said.
    Erina watched her walk with mixed expressions on her face. What the heck was that?!
    Links to stuff.

"Fine..." Kori said after pausing a bit to answer Doc's request. She liked Doc, she found him to be very similar to her in how their brains worked and functioned, and they processed things similarly as well, however, being a lefty her answers tended to be a bit more creative and more on the fly based then based on scientific fact. At least they used to, she didn't know this but now that she was a telepath and telekinetic her mind was starting to operate completely different from before. He was only the reason she had first answered the call anyways, if it had been just for Ray she would have declined and refuse to consider that her mind had been changed at all, she was nothing special in her mind still. She left after Ray gave his little spiel on where everything was. Dawn assumed she was going to the rooms to do whatever.

Dawn tried very hard to keep both her mind and mouth quiet after figuring out what Kori was. Yeah, Kori was a lot smarter then her, but Dawn was smart to, in her own ways. She looked at Faust after Ray and Doc finished speaking. "Please," she said, "I don't drink coffee, coffee is bad for the athlete." When Kori left and Dawn guessed she was well out of hearing, and mind reading range she blurted out, "She's a telepath isn't she?" She didn't wait to answer before she rose to her feet. "Is the gym in the training room? I'd guess so since it's training in a way too. So I should check there first."

(26)
    Harley chuckled. "I've found in life the being passive doesn't do much for you," she said sitting down on the bar stool next to him, taking off her sun glasses and smirking at Django. She looked at Varis again, "You should know that... After all you are the one who taught me," She paused before lowering her voice to just a whisper but still clearly directing the red-head next to her, "Varis." She then got to her feet, and started walking away, an odd look on her face and a tugging at the back of her mind.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast