The Gym Leader Tales
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gym Leader Tales

Scandalous!!! Lyrebird's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The Gym Leader Tales

Gym Leader Tales

Anyway this is my first ever RP that I'm doing and hopefully it will not be dead.

Story

Kanto was once a peaceful place after Team Rocket's plot failed by a young unknown trainer. However times changed and 10 years later, Team Rocket was back to reek havoc and chaos but this time for Hoenn which was somewhere they saw as a starting place to take control of the world. The first point of play was the take control of the Elite 4 and mold it to their own to create the Elite 5. They poached one Gym Leader from every region. They kept Koga from Kanto, Clair from Kanto, Flannery from Hoenn, Roark from Sinnoh and Skyla from Unova all specializing in their own types (Poison, Dragon, Fire, Rock and Flying respectively). It was easy to control Flannery, Roark and Skyla according to Koga and Clair as they were already agents of Team Rocket. Team Rocket run by a new leader made sure that the Elite 5 was to be placed in the Sevii Islands as well.

To make sure everything went smoothly they reshuffled the Gym Leaders. Firing the older ones and changing it around so Hoenn could have new Gym Leaders. The second act was to exile all previous Elite 4 members of Hoenn and replace the Gym leaders of the current Elite 5. However people soon became skeptical of Team Rocket's actions, so they had to win over the public with propaganda and peaceful tools which they managed to do successfully. Everything was going smoothly and it seemed by the public that Team Rocket was actually trying to do good rather than evil. However Hoenn needed new Gym Leaders and Skyla suggested a competition where the best of the best trainers who wanted to be a Gym Leader. The new mysterious leader of Team Rocket said to go with it and is hoping to use it to take control of the world.

So through many marketing gimmicks, Skyla and Roark announced that Sevii Islands will host the competition to find Hoenn's new Gym Leaders with absolute excitement buzzing around the 5 regions. You among many are joining the battle. To take the dream job and enjoy the perks. You will work with other Gym Leaders if you win. The competition will test many attributes related to being a Gym Leader. The 8 winners by rank will take their place as Gym Leaders and work day by day as you learn, battle trainers, travel, take part to help Team Rocket unaware and ignorant to their proper activities. As you progress the plot of Team Rocket's plans will become clearer but that is later.

What you'll do

Well firstly you compete in the competition, meet your competitors and strut your stuff. Naturally if we have more than 8 users then I will think of other plots for the others which will be very important. Then if you are a Gym Leader if you will do day to day activities, battle trainers, do publicity stuff, help Team Rocket unknowingly, travel, meet up with other Gym Leaders and so forth. I will take control of all the Elite 5 and the mysterious new leader. The plot will reach a point where a few things will happen that will lead to a massive event.

Rules
    - No godmodding, bunnying, flaming and etc.
    - Be active
    - Keep the romance at a suitable level (PG-13)
    - Violence and language again PG-13
    - If you are reserving state what type. I know I took 5 types away but there are another 12
    - All BMGf rules apply
    - The Password should be as quick as a flash. Bold it and put it anyway you want as long as it is bold I guess

Accepted Characters
    Calvin O'Brien - Normal - @Calvin the Unknown
    Raven Taylor - Dark - @Calvin the Unknown
    Junine Ikadoshi - Grass - @mwto
    Akihiko Soul - Ghost - @Takaki
    Jack Edmund - Electric - @HilbertCressLover
    Jacob Kale - Fighting - @Summer Camp

Reserved
    acs1903 - Psychic
    OverlordRuby - Steel

My Role
    Playing as all NPC pretty much and also a little special surprise

Oh I hope this works out. Eeep!!!
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 30th July 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Gym Leader Tales

Could you please reserve psychic type?
    Credit for my avatar goes to Kenji-Kun (Ashy-Boy), Thank you
    ATATÜRK, Tupac, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Einstein,
    Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi...They are all influential....
    my dream is to be influential just like them and I'm making progress everyday...
    I claimed Metang

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Reserved.

Well hopefully more people will join...or at least have some interest.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you reserve normal and dark, please? If only one, then dark.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just go for it as long as you get it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Can you reserve me grass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Calvin; 21st July 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    Can you reserve me grass?
    Yah

@Calvin the Unknown (Not sure how to work the mention part)
    For Calvin: No probs and nice addition with the Slaking
    For Raven: You might want to change Camille in the appearance part.

You're good if you make that slight change (kind of obvious you copied but I don't care) :P

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Name: Jacob Kale

Appearance: He stands at 5'1" and is of average build. He has red hair that hangs into his eyes, and wears glasses. His high cheekbones and square jaw make him look more serious than he really acts. He has freckles which are fairly hidden in the winter but show more in summer. He often wears simple t-shirts and shorts, but wears nice suits at special occasions. He doesn't usually wear hats because they make his scalp itch, but will wear a baseball cap in intense sunlight.

History: Hailing from Nuvema Town, he went on a journey in his home region of Unova after getting a sufficient education from home. He defeated all the Gym Leaders, but then disaster struck. At the Pokemon League, he chose to battle Caitlin first and was beaten quick as a flash. After that, he grew to resent Pokemon battling, which he did for a few years. He became very reclusive and lived off of berries and the money he won from defeating passersby in rigged games of chance. When he heard about the contest he started saving up money for the ferry to the Sevii Islands.

Personality: He is quiet but cheerful and happy. He enjoys telling and listening to jokes and stories and is very bookish. He is scared of snake Pokemon to the point that if he sees one, he will freeze in place and repeat "snake, snake, snake, snake" until his Pokemon manage to either calm him down or defeat it.

Pokemon Type: Fighting

Pokemon Team: Mienshao: Jacob received her from his uncle as a Mienfoo. She is the ace up his sleeve, saved for the clutch times in battles.
    Ability: Inner Focus; Moves: Force Palm, Hi Jump Kick, Aura Sphere, Drain Punch

Sawk: The first Pokemon he caught, and his lead in battle.
    Ability: Sturdy; Moves: Double Kick, Low Sweep, Karate Chop, Brick Break

Throh: Sawk's half-brother. He started following Jacob around after Sawk was caught.
    Ability: Guts; Moves: Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, Storm Throw, Circle Throw

Gallade: A situational Pokemon used to counter Psychic- and Flying-types.
    Ability: Steadfast; Moves: Leaf Blade, Confusion, Psycho Cut, Protect
    Last edited by Italy-kun; 23rd July 2012 at 09:45 PM.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oops. Camille is a primary character that I use in most rps. Guess I didn't proofread well enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Calvin the Unknown That's fine just fix it up Accepted

@Summer Camp Could you flesh out appearance, personality and history please.

Post Thanks / Like

Could I reserve electric, please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Here's my SU

Name: Junine Ikadoshi

Appearance: Long white hair wore down and purple eyes. She is average height at 5’5’’. She wears a green vest with a yellow hood over a black shirt with sleeves that extend to her elbows. She wears blue jeans and black sneakers. Around her neck is a gold reshiram shaped locket.

History: Junine grew up in Striaton City, Unova with her family living peacefully. When she was eight her brother found an egg and hatched it. The egg turned out to be a charmander and quickly evolved into a charizard. While it was friendly usually one day it turned on Junine and attacked her chasing her until she couldn’t run anymore. The charizard burned her upper left arm scarring it permanently. Before it could do anymore damage a snivy appeared and fought against the charizard the best it could, it’s back right leg being burned permanently. At last minute the two were saved by reshiram who knocked the charizard out. Her family caught up and put it in its pokeball. The snivy stayed with Junine afterwards and his younger sister, a tepig became the partner of Junine’s brother. At ten she left home with her snivy and traveled to become a top coordinator. While taking a break she decided to challenge the Unova league realizing her talent for battle. Hearing about the competition for new gym leaders in Hoenn she decided to become one and enter.

Personality: Junine is kind and caring, but is also harsh when teaching something or feeling someone is wrong. She’s not afraid to speak her mind, and fight for what she believes is right. She is confident in her pokemon’s abilities and trusts them completely. She is afraid of fire types, but can battle them minus Charizard and its pre-evolutions, the only three she can never be around. She is very knowledgeable about the different kinds of pokemon and what they can do. She fins Unova to be the most advanced region and looks down on the other ones technology wise, but still likes small towns finding them peacful. She loves to play her flute for wild pokemon.

Pokemon Type: Grass

Pokemon Team:
    Name: Emerald (snivy)
    Ability: overgrow
    Moves: Return, Grass Pledge, Solar Beam, Leaf Blade
    Other: Walks on arms and legs due to permanent injury to back right leg. Refuses to evolve or go in pokeball so he usually rides on Junine’s shoulder. Looks down on other pokemon often.

Name: Gentleman (roserade)
    Ability: Poison Point
    Moves: Petal Dance, Weather Ball, Poison Jab, Extrasensory
    Other: Will not harm a female. Petal dance is red and blue petals instead of pink.

Name: Lady (shiny gardevoir)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball, Protect

Name: Ivy (leafeon)
    Ability: Leaf guard
    Moves: Leaf blade, Energy ball, Synthesis, Grass whistle

as quick as a flash
    Last edited by Midorikawa; 22nd July 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

If it's okay, reserve steel-type for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All reserved are on the list

@mwto - Just need the PW as per in the sign-up, cut one Pokemon out (4 max) and flesh out on personality. That's about it, not much to add on the latter, a few more lines I guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast