Gym Leader Activation - Start!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gym Leader Activation - Start!!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Gym Leader Activation - Start!!

In a Southern region called Hoenn, every now and then a small crime happens. It's so trivial that the newspapers hardly take notice, and sometimes they're just neglected.

However, small crimes can snowball into larger, bold actions, and end up being more than just thieving bread. Now the police have to deal with phone calls that just won't stop - and almost all of them have to do with stolen pokemon, or brutal abuse. Normally, the police would catch the criminals within days at most - but now the culprits are more cunning than ever.

After many failed attempts to track down the criminals, the officers finally found a clue - one of the culprits had been careless enough to drop a badge! On the back of the badge, tiny words were inscribed: 'Team Rocket'

The officers were baffled. Team Rocket? Weren't they the ones that nearly took over Kanto and Johto? What business did they have here? What did they want? They immediately put up warnings and notified the gym leaders in hope they would provide help...

"So, this is this a nice hideout or what?" A soft chuckle echoed in a dimly lit chamber. "Though, I'd have to say I preferred that game corner much more..."

"You know fully well we can't go back." A curt, second voice stopped the first one. "We came this far - we have to break it or make it."

"Well, now you're talking." This was high-pitched, and belonged to a female. "It's time we got our mission done, and we better not fail like we did in Johto. Now, what are your plans, Archer?" She drawled.

"We obviously need money to carry out our ultimate mission." The fourth voice called Archer said seriously. "But we shouldn't attract much attention like last time. I don't know how much we'll be able to benefit from such an eco-friendly place..."

"But obviously, the resources would be plentiful." The female said.

"Yeah - are there Slowpokes around here? Their tails make huge sales." The curt voice piped up.

"There's no way this region would tolerate that, Proton." The first voice said bitterly. "I am guessing there are other resources than pokemon themselves, correct?"

"Pretty much." Archer said. "However, to make use of the resources, we'll need a lot to prepare... so here's the deal..."

Basic rules (I will update this later) - PLEASE READ

Special Notes - PLEASE READ
    Last edited by Yato; 21st December 2011 at 09:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gym Leader Activation - Start!!

Gaia quickly snaps out of his meditation, rubbing his eyes. "Ahh, good morning, little one!" He said to shroomish with a large grin. "Shroo!!" his pokemon replied.
    "I guess we'd better head off to the Gym now, Shroomish, before we open too late!" replied Gaia. Gaia slides his leaf stone necklace on, grabs his cane, and scurries off to the Fortree city Gym, with his pokemon, shroomish.

Blog Entries

"Shadow Ball!" Ciel comanded his Gastly. "Gengar use Sludge Bomb!" Morty comanded his Gengar. Gengar sends a blitz of Sludge the first wave blocking Gastly's Shadow ball. The next wave hitting Gastly head on. "He's vulnerable! Use Psychic!" Morty commaned his Gengar. Gastly is hit with a strong telekinetic force. Gastly is flung against a wall and fainted. "Good job Gastly. You deserve a good rest." Ciel said as returned Gastly to his pokeball. "Good job Ciel. You are really improving." Morty told Ciel. "Um thanks." Ciel replied.
    "You can take a break and go to the Pokemon Center to heal Gastly." Mort said. "Okay." Ciel replied as he ran out the door.

Blog Entries

Blue sat down, and let out his Pokemon.
    "It's been quite a while since we got a challenger, do you ever feel like people just don't want to be trainer's anymore?" Blue said.
    His three Pokemon, Rhydon, Arcanine and Pidgeot were confused.
    "Ahh, right, I'm talking to Pokemon, oh well, let's get ourselves ready in case a challenger does come." He said, bored.
    "Arcanine, use Flare Blitz on those Oil Cans!" Blue smirked.
    Arcanine with no hesitation used Flare Blitz, and the cans exploded.
    "Good work, here, have 3 Poffins and an Apricorn." Blue said.
    Arcanine gladly took them, and ate them.
    "Rhydon, Pidgeot train yourselves! You can't just sit there and think you'll be lvl 100 just like that!" Blue said.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Nathan sat on a bench outside the Driftveil City Gym, his legs crossed, reading the local newspaper. "Criminals break into Home, Intentions Unclear", the headline read, Nathan remarked to himself that he had been seeing a lot more crimes through out the region. "I guess the police need to hire more Officer Jenny's, wait, how does that work if they all look the same?" He sat puzzled for a minute contemplating this odd issue until a gruff voice interrupted his train of thought.
    "Nate?! What'er ye doin out here? Yer s'posed to be in the gym gettin' it ready for trainers!" Clay said as he folded his arms, seeming to be reasonably upset.
    "Well, there was no one here, so I decided to take a little break and read the paper here" Nathan said, gesturing towards the stack of paper he was holding.
    Clay frowned but accepted Nathan's "excuse" and said, "Well, follow me in now and get started!" Nathan nodded and followed the leader into the gym.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

A small group of teenagers dressed in clothing similar to a futuristic-style kimono were hidden behind various trees and statues in the middle of a certain zen garden. They turned to each other from behind their shields, before simultaneously all nodding at each other. They all took their battle stance, but just before they could attack, a voice interrupted them.

"I know you're all there. Don't bother. You wouldn't want to get injured, would you?"

The voice came from directly in the middle of the garden, from a girl with flowing, moon-white hair. She sat, cross-legged at the edge of the miniature waterfall that crashed down below to flow throughout all the streams in the miniature paradise. Her eyes flew open and darted around the garden, but there was nobody to be seen. The group had fled before they could be seeken out.

"Typical." Casey sighed, slowly standing up. "It's as if I'm the one who's gym leader here. Not like that will ever happen, Senpai." She smiled her rare, beautiful smile up at the top of the waterfall, where Sabrina, the 'Mistress of Psychic-type Pokemon' and gym leader of Saffron City, stood.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jakku lay on his back, snoring gently.
    Cheep watched him carefully, from a palm tree above him.
    Chee...
    She called slowly.
    Jakku snored louder.
    CHEE!
    Mareep leapt down onto Jakku's stomach.
    Jakku awoke suddenly, and sighed.
    "Morning Cheep."
    It was 3pm in the afternoon.
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

"Come on, Cobalt, focus. You and I both know that there's some kind of power somewhere in there. Just let it out."

A low voice echoed through the currently empty arena of the Mossdeep Gym, as Percival sat in the bleachers, his Beldum situated near the center. Currently, all the thing knew how to do was run into things. Which, granted, was effective in some cases, but it wasn't enough. These things were supposed to be known for their amazing psychic abilities. Not their ability to run into things. Definitely didn't help that Cobalt in particular was a bit on the clumsy side.

There was a practice dummy located in the middle of the arena, and Cobalt blinked once, then twice, then closed its eyes momentarily. Once they opened, it hurtled itself into the soft figure, knocking it to the ground with ease. It looked at the downed mannequin, and gave a noise of disappointment. It didn't work.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Percival said, making his way off of the bleachers and giving Cobalt a pat on the head. "Eventually it'll work."

"Not a fan of lunch breaks?"

The feminine voice came from the entrance, as two people entered the room, a boy and a girl, probably not much older than Percival himself, both of them remarkably similar. Tate and Liza, who Percival came to know as his mentors. Tate was finishing up a rice ball.

Percival gave a formal bow. He was always as polite as he could be with his mentors. Occasionally there were slips in his etiquette, though. "I had a late breakfast. I decided to use the time to give Cobalt some training. Still no success as far as new techniques. I'm getting worried."

Liza gave a smile. "You shouldn't be. Just because he's a slow learner doesn't mean he doesn't learn at all," she said.

Percival simply gave a nod. Once Tate has consumed what was left of his lunch, he spoke. "Did you guys hear about that burglary? I heard Team Rocket was behind it!" His mouth was still filled with food, and it took all of Percival's willpower not to made a snide remark about it.

"There was a burglary? Liza-sama, do you know anything about this?" Percival asked Liza.

"Yes. Tate's right, Team Rocket was behind it. Matter of fact, there have been quite a few crimes throughout Hoenn that have been caused by them. No one's sure why, but the local authorities have actually requested our help. And we've also decided to let you help, too. After all, you are going to be the Gym Leader after all of your training, so it makes sense for you to help the community. Our job isn't just about battling other Trainers, y'know."

"Oh?" Percival said. From what he understood, that was what their job was just about. "What other things do you two do as Gym Leaders?"

"As I said before, we help out the community from troublemakers like Team Rocket..." Liza said.

"We also teach Trainers how to take care of their Pokemon..." Tate continued. They were doing this whole "twin-telepathy" deal. Percival was still skeptical as to if that was true, or if they were just acting it for dramatic effect. Knowing them, it could've been either one.

"And teach them how to be good Trainers in general," Liza finished.

Blog Entries

Jakku got up slowly, sighing gently.
    He looked around the deserted gym.
    "No challengers..? That's a change..."
    Mareep whistled to herself.
    "Anyone home...? VOLKNER?!"
    Jakku poked his head into another room.
    "No-one home I guess. I gotta stay awake for more time..."

Blog Entries

"Focus, Shroomish, remember what I've been teaching you, collect your energy within, then purge with all your might at your foe." Gaia told shroomish while stroking his beard. Shroomish shrugged slightly, then paused still and silent for a moment before tensing up his body "SHROOOOOOOOO!!!!" shroomish shouted as he expelled what seemed to be endless ammounts of seeds from his mouth toward the wild kecleon. It was a direct hit, the mischevious kecleon who had been blocking the path to the gym had taken serious damage before lunging toward shroomish with a series of fury swipes. "Feel your foe's energy and deflect it, shroomish!"
    gaia instructed. Shroomish had watched carefully and timed his dodging attacks before releasing another burst of seeds, resulting in defeat. "Shroomish! I knew you could do it! you're becoming more powerful by the minute." Gaia praised shroomish with a huge grin. "Shroo!" Shroomish smiled happily as he had finally learned to focus himself tightly.

Blog Entries

"But how am I going to be of any help?" Percival asked. "In the event of any Rocket-related incidents, I would probably end up as dead weight at best."

"We'd find ways for you to help. Even though you might not be the best in battling situations, you have plenty of other skills that I'm sure would help," Liza said.

Percival gave a smile and nodded, seeing the reasoning. "Thank you, Liza-sama. Cobalt and I are going to make sure that we don't hold you back." After he said this, the Beldum gave a mechanical squeaking noise signalling its enthusiasm.

"No challengers today, Sis. Wonder why?" Tate said to Liza.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Liza conceded.

"Maybe they're frightened," Percival chimed in. "When an organization with the notoriety of Team Rocket is shown to have been revived after a few years, you know there's going to be a panic."

Silence permeated the arena for a while at the thought.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@GoldenrodGirl @Pokemad @~Mokona~ @Oblivion @Chris†mas Qüeen @JakkuEbansu @GroundTrainer @Troll'dodile

A rumbling thunder could be heard in the sky as a group of people dressed in black were moving boxes in the large grass. A small helicopter was being unloaded, and a large red "R" flashed when a lightning bolt streaked across the sky.

"I really don't understand why this place is raining all the time. It rained yesterday, and today, and the forecast says it's going to rain tomorrow!" A grunt stamped his feet angrily. "I HATE working in the rain! Why do we have to be here, anyways?"

"If you hate your job, you can quit." A deathly snicker sent shivers down the grunt's spine.

"Ah! No, Proton, sir! I was - " The frightened grunt tried to make up an excuse. However, Proton merely pushed him out of the way as he got off the helicoptor.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Proton shook his hand in a gesture that he wasn't interested. He looked around at the grunts, ten of them or so, all standing in the pouring rain, waiting for his command.

"Alright, listen up. Hoenn's a big place where nature takes over. You'll see a lot more wildlife around here than Johto or Kanto, so don't get worked up over petty little creatures. See that over there?" He pointed to a large building looming over them.

"The - the Weather Institute, sir?" One of the grunts timidly voiced.

"Correct - from what we know, they got a whole stock of this valuable pokemon called Castform. We're going to get those guys."

"Sir, what exactly are Castforms?" Another grunt asked.

"They're artificial creatures developed by the Institute, and they can control the weather in some way. Wilderness is easily affected by weather changes, and that's what we need to benefit from. As for how it looks like - they say it looks like a small ball of cloud, so you'll be able to recognize it right away. Understood?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" The grunts chanted.

"Alright! Now carry out the plan! I expect a full report in 24 hours." Proton dismissed the grunts. They started to unpack the boxes and take out pokeballs and small bags full of special medicine. However, before getting back on the helicopter, he said loudly -

"Oh, and make sure you succeed... or else... Now, back to HQ" He said as a grunt closed the door for him. The aircraft started to rise and was soon out of sight in the dark sky.

Blog Entries

Jakku watched the sky from the rooftop of the gym, Cheep alongside.
    Both remained silent as they watched the clouds pass.
    "...Volkner's at the lighthouse..."
    Jakku noticed a man silhouetted on the viewing deck of the lighthouse.

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Nathan liked working at the Driftveil Gym, he felt as if he had two jobs. The Driftveil City Gym also functioned as a working mine, mainly used to mine different minerals that were in turn shipped around the region. Nathan rarely went down into the mine as, most of his duties focuesd on finding miners who wouldn't mind having the occasional battle and battling trainers if Clay wasn't present. A receptionist also worked with Clay and Nathan but, her duties were strictly related to the mining operation, organizing shipments of minerals or calculating profits.

Nathan and Clay walked into the lobby of the gym to find that Sara was already there. "Mornin' Miss Sara" Clay greeted, followed by a "Good Morning" from Nathan. Sara nodded and replied, "Clay, Nathan" Nathan liked to see himself as Sara's superior even though she was only a little older than him but, as Clay often reminded him, their duties to the Gym and the Mine were not connected. The main lobby of the Gym/Mine was quite nice, stone tiles graced the floor, countered by the brown paint of the walls. Clay had also chosen some odd artwork (in Nathan's opinion) to hang next to the small waiting area that was present for clients or challengers to the Gym/Mine. There was a small office behind Sara's desk where Clay or Nathan worked if they weren't out or, in Clay's case, in the Mine. There were two battle fields present in the Gym, one at the bottom of the mine and one on the same level as the main lobby. Clay used both but, Nathan only used the field on the main floor. Nathan then got his orders for the morning, "Nate, you go on to the battle field up here and make sure everything's runnin' right. I'm gonna go down to the one in the mine and, check the machines" Nathan nodded and walked through a doorway opposite of Sara's desk.
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

"So, how did you two come about becoming Gym Leaders?" Percival asked at the table in the living area at the back of the Gym. The nearby television set was tuned to a news channel, but all it served as was background ambiance; no one was really paying it any attention. Well, except for Cobalt, who was fascinated by the device. "With all due respect, you two look a bit young for the position."

"Just because we're young doesn't necessarily mean we're weak," Liza said. "Although, I know that one of us can't seem to grow up, no matter how hard he tries." She smirked and gave an aside glance at Tate.

"Are you calling me immature?" Tate cried out.

"Maybe." The devilish grin on Liza's face grew wider.

"Hate to interrupt the sibling rivalry, but we were talking about you two being Gym Leaders?" Percival quipped. Over the course of his training, he quickly became a mitigator for Tate and Liza's frequent disputes.

"Oh, right," Liza said, quickly forgetting about the argument. "So, anyways, this Gym used to be run by our parents, who worked in a team just like we do. Then, after teaching us about how to run this place and battling strategies and all of that, they handed the Gym over to us."

Percival nodded. "What happened to your parents? Do you have regular contact with them?"

"Oh, yeah," Tate said. "They travel all over the place now, but they stop by every now and then to say hi. I don't think they've met you yet, Percival."

"In that case, it would be best to make a good first impression," Percival thought out loud.

Then, a loud crashing noise followed by crackling sounds came from nearby. The three whipped their heads around, only to find that the source of the clamor was Cobalt, who was currently stuck inside of the shattered television screen, face-first.

"Cobalt!" Percival exclaimed, quickly yanking his Pokemon out of the device. The Beldum looked dazed, but once it realized what was going on, it lowered its head.

"I'm terribly sorry..." Percival said, his tone quickly becoming ashamed as his head drooped.

"Hey, chin up. That kind of stuff happens all of the time here," Liza said. "And most of it's caused by my little brother."

"I am not your little brother!"

"I came first, though."

"By a few seconds! We're twins!"

Percival gave a bow to the two. "Thank you, Liza-sama. I'll try and keep the antics to a minimum in the future."

Liza gave a smile. "Not that it'll matter much. Tate causes trouble like that on a regular basis. I'm kind of used to it by this point." Tate was fuming at this point, his speech dissolving into frustrated gibberish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast